PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic-Con pictures....meh.

StarmanSkywalker
07-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Pictures are up! Click!
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3649
Titanium 6" Line
X-Wing and Republic Gunship are both rehashed from the Action Fleet molds, only now made of DIE-CAST. The Attack Pods are still completely transparent- unpainted frames.
Only the Tri-Droid looks really good (and was packaged)- though, it is probably just a downscaled version of the 3 3/ 4" mold.

Titanium Series
They will be offering another Walmart pack including a green Swamp Speeder, a Red Leader's X-Wing, Boba Fett's Slave 1- with black window cockpit, a blue ARC-170 Starfighter and a Silver TIE-Bomber.

Also featured:
Wookie Flyer (with Wookie in cockpit) :)
Anakin's Green Jedi Starfighter
Battle Ravaged Millenium Falcon (looked pretty good, IMO)
Swamp Speeder

and all previous releases.

Hasbro clearly doesn't bother with this line. The only thing they do is downscale the 3 3/ 4" vehicle molds, reduce the amount of details and pack them into all three lines at the same time:
For example the Wookie Flyer and the Jedi Starfighters: Both available in the Titanium Series and the Micro Series (likely with the WF in the next wave) AND in the Wookie Flyers' case the Micro Playsets.

Hasbro should pass on the license to another company like they did it with the 12" Line for Sideshow Collectibles. Hasbro isn't as TALENTED, CREATIVE, FAN-CONNECTED or SMART as Galoob. If only there was another company that would be buying the line so we could have some new Micro Machines and Action Fleet toys. Johnny Rockets? Not retailer or kids friendly, unlike Galoob which was both and Collector friendly as well.

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:29 AM
WOw, I love the ARC and the Landspeeder. This is a great line, probably the best out there right now. Thanks for the pics.

Jangu Fett
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Some of those look O.K., but why do another Falcon? It doesn't look damaged. It looks dirty. Those 6 inch Die-Cast are not anything special. even the Tri-Droid looks cheap, although that could have been the box.

Was there any new about the Micro Collection. New sets, pictures, anything?

SWAFMAN
07-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Hasbro clearly doesn't bother with this line. The only thing they do is downscale the 3 3/ 4" vehicle molds...

Hasbro should pass on the license to another company like they did it with the 12" Line for Sideshow Collectibles. Hasbro isn't as TALENTED, CREATIVE, FAN-CONNECTED or SMART as Galoob....

Look at the bright side :rolleyes: The 6" titanium "tri-fighter" is listed in the comic con pics as not coming out until Spring 2006, so there's still a chance Hasbro will scuttle the line entirely before they ever hit market, like they did with the Action Fleet Spider Droid, Zam's & Ani's Speeders, Imp. Star Destroyer, etc. So maybe we can look forward to scrounging for all the ones we know will be sitting in a warehouse or container farm somewhere in Shanghai, Tianjin or Guangzhou when they show up on eBay. ;)

AndyW
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Why the long faces guys, look at all those lovely die-cast ships. How depressing was it in summer 2003 when all that we had was canned. Ok, so these could do with improvements, but look at them, theres so many! Ok, I will accept some are rehashes but guys, we have ships, lots of ships! I personally like all the different repainted fighters, its better than bloody battledamaged ones.

I'm loving the gift packs, they don't appear to have surfaced yet though have they?

Loving all the different Jedi Fighters, Yellow,Red, Green. And the two different ARC fighters.

The 6inch line looks promising, and I'll certainly get a Gun ship, the AF gunship is one of the favourites in my collection. X-wing I may pass on, depends. Where will these be sold, anyone know? Or is it a case of more wal-mart exclusive and shut off from the rest of the world? There is a rest of world Hasbro, buy a bloody atlas!

Nice to see the Royal Starship again, my original is scratched as its had a lot of use, would be nice to get a shiney fresh one. Clone Swamp speeder is a surprise, that looks pretty tasty.

I'm pretty pleased, these all look great, shouldn't we be happy??? Its just a same the rest of the world is cut off from these. Although the kind hearted members of this forum are doing the supplying for Hasbro!

sicqnus
07-14-2005, 04:38 PM
The new 6" Titanium line will be called "Action Fleet" as well as the smaller Titanium are now called "Die-cast" (look at what's below the logo on the wave 2 blisters...).

Goooood thing ! The Trifighter looks great. What's also great is the proto is shown in an ARC-170 box (!!!). Great, I want duels and new molds.

Wrong thing ! The X-wing from Galoob suffers from an oudated design : the body is not long enough, the proportions are far from correct and the shortened lower/rear exhaust pipes are still disturbing to me. They'll have to make a new one from scratch.

The Gunship is always cool. Looks like the side doors will not be able to be opened (...). Curious. The turrets must be painted or ADIOS ! Don't make the same mistake two times !

And I was thinking of all the royal cruisers that could be chromed now because their body will be made of metal. That could easily be hotsellers !

Love the AF stands but I think they could be different in '06.

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
First off, SSG has footage of these things too, ya know! :p

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4006

I strongly suspect that the 6" X-wing and Republic Gunship are in fact not metal at all, merely the Action Fleet versions that are being passed off as prototypes (probably because Hasbro will end up using their molds for the real versions anyway). At $20, that damn Gunship's turret pods better be painted though.

The 6" Droid Tri-Fighter is probably not based off their regular figure line's mold or the Titaniums mold, though it has elements in common with both. I wonder if it's not the UK model then, that thing looks pretty decent and would be more believable as a mockup.

The 6" titanium packaging is way over the top, dunno what that's gonna look like in person.

The 3" Titanium Wookiee Flyer would be a lot better if it had a wookiee in the back as well.

I'm really bummed that the 2nd version of the JSF is just another Ep 3 JSF instead of an Ep 2 version.

I have more news on Titaniums coming up, big news in fact, I think I'll start a new thread about that.

SWAFMAN
07-16-2005, 02:25 PM
(just to confirm...)
The gift sets are available now?
They're exclusives to Wal Mart?

This looks like the way for me to go as far as collecting the 3" Titaniums since I didn't get in on them when they hit the shelves originally. Hopefully they'll get solid committments from retailers to ship a very large quantity of each of these gift sets, they'll release a lot of different vehicle mixes, and they'll include ships I/we really want - not just a bunch of the ones that didn't move well as single-packs.

JT - I agree about the 6" packaging being "over the top" - it's just plain scary looking.

AndyW
07-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Yes, they are wal-mart exclusives, but I don't think anyone has spotted them yet. Kidhumans the man in the know, and he hasn't seen them yet.

They are great looking sets, and I really love the repaints, a blue ARC-170 fighter and green Gunship is cool to my eyes. Plus we get Obi's red fighter, the way Jedi Fighters should be coloured, in Republic Red!

If anyone spots these, post away.

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Nope, havent spotted the gift sets yet. Hopefully they will be here soon, possibly for Christmas I might guess. EIther way I will let you guys know when I see them. I will stick em on lay-away for you guys.

SWAFMAN
07-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Nope, havent spotted the gift sets yet. Hopefully they will be here soon, possibly for Christmas I might guess. EIther way I will let you guys know when I see them. I will stick em on lay-away for you guys.

outstanding! please keep me in mind for two of each different set. I believe lay-aways require some sort of depostit, yes? if so, LMK in advance about how much would be needed as security to hold them. thanks much!

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Lay-a-way requires 10% deposit, so its like 2 bucks or so. I ususally get it back in total cost, so its no biggie to lay it up front. If people can tell me what and how many they need I can take care of them seperatly when I see them and not have ot run back and forth posting and taking orders, so it will be easier and can nab as many as possible when I see them.

SWAFMAN
07-17-2005, 10:13 PM
...If people can tell me what and how many they need I can take care of them seperatly when I see them and not have ot run back and forth posting and taking orders, so it will be easier and can nab as many as possible when I see them.

I'd like two of each different set, unless it meant another person on the forum, or YOU personally would not get one, in which case I'd just take one of each different set.

Kidhuman
07-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Swaffy in for two of them, anyone else?

britcit3
07-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Hey Kidhuman

Can you spot me one of the 5-packs if you see one?

Will sort the cash/postage out with you immediately.

Cheers

BC3

AndyW
07-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Swaffy in for two of them, anyone else?

Same for me, 1 of each, but you probably already guessed that :)

Kidhuman
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
SAwffy - 2 o each

BritCit and ANdy - one of each

Will let you know when they are available. Still no sign of them.

britcit3
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Many thanks

BC3

AndyW
07-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Aye, ta muchly as some of my friends say.

One thing I found weird with these sets, is there any way, other than packaging colour, and of course, the contents of different ships, to tell the two sets apart. No, "Collectors Set I" or "Collectors Set 2" or something like that?

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 01:10 AM
I dunno, I will let you know if and when I sees them.

Warstar
07-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Have you received my packlage yet, Kid?

More curious than anything- should have been there by now...^_^;

PM me and let me know, k? :)

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Yes Warstar, I got it and am going to mail it on Friday when I am off.

Warstar
07-19-2005, 07:15 PM
SWEET! No rush- just wanted to see if the ticks made it ok. What'd you think of the Lottery tickets, anyway? Pretty bizarre that you can't really see where the pic ends and the scratch-stuff begins, eh? :)

Thanks again man! :)

Kidhuman
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
I loved the Scratch offs. You really cant tell they are Lotto tickets. I still would take the Grievous if you happen to come across it.

SWAFMAN
07-20-2005, 09:24 AM
any sku or other info to indicate how many of the gift packs are planned? is the general feeling there are only going to be two variations, or just one?

AndyW
07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
For the moment I'd say those 2 sets will be our lot. But as more waves are announced, heopfully, then I'd say we'll see more after they come out.

Warstar
07-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Glad you liked them- I liked them too :) The symbols underneath are all mini-Star Wars shapes, too.

I got word of the Grievous track at a local suburb's Albertson's store. If they're there, I'll see about getting a Grievous for ya :)

On another front, someone on Ebay recently sold 2 sets of 8 of these Montana Lottery ticks for $30 each set- they made $14, in other words.

Maybe I'll do the same :)

(But anyone here will still get them at cost + shipping :))

britcit3
08-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey Kidhuman

Just bagged the 1st 5 pack on Ebay (the one with the green rep gunship) - so I don't need this one if you see it.

If you see the 2nd 5 pack, still need that though.

Cheerio for a very cold & wet Northern England.

BC3