PDA

View Full Version : Jedi armor figs

Paul-Kenobi
01-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but i was just wondering what do you guys think of the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in Jedi Traing gear ? i think they rock, though the Obi-wan one is kind of dull a bit his arms thats the only problem with it.

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 04:09 PM
I don't quite like them. It's a lame EU figure. We could have seen cooler EU figures, but instead got these lame re-hashed figures. Hasbo is only doing this because, "We need to have more of the main characters, that's what the people like," when really it's not. They are o.k., but could have been made way later.

PloKoon2385
01-14-2002, 05:06 PM
I think they are cool. I think they would look good on all the Jedi. I mean they wouldn't even have to add anything, I know it would be a little like a resculpt but it would be a cool one.

Paul-Kenobi
01-14-2002, 05:53 PM
They are cool but i am an Obi fan, so you know. Though there cool with me only thing is i cant find Qui-Gon in jedi armor, plus i dont like the way they made the arms on obi-wan fig, there not all that good, i wish hadbro would stick to the way they did the EPI figs.

LTBasker
01-14-2002, 06:12 PM
The Obi-Wan is ok when compared to the Qui-Gon, they both could use quite a bit more articulation though.

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 06:18 PM
They're both okay, as is the Sith Apprentice Maul, but that's all I'll give 'em. Snowbi-Wan, though, despite being as ridiculous and unwanted a figure as the other three, is a work of art.

If you're not a completist, Cold Weather Obi-Wan is the only one you need.

Jargo
01-14-2002, 06:26 PM
I was offered Sith apprentice Maul, or 'Darth Mollusc' as I call him by a friend. I turned it down. What can you do with it? it just stands there all thin and yellow looking. Jedi armour Qui-Gon is a beautifully sculpted and executed figure. I love the design of it. I'm going to tear his head off and customise it though because I hate Qui-Gon. Same with the Obi-Wan. I'm always looking for newcharacters to add to my Tatooine diorama and these two look like rough riders ready for a brawl. Perfect for a fight scene outside my cantina! Although I don't have Obi yet I'm looking forward to getting to grips with ripping his head off too. Only question is - who's head do I stick on in its place? :confused:

Lord Tenebrous
01-14-2002, 07:02 PM
The POTJ EU assortment suffers from the fact that there's not a lot you can do with them as far as the sources they come from. I would have preferred obscure aliens or troop builders over them, or even more familiar EU figures (Resculpted Prince Xizor or Bothan Spy or something like that)

GNT
01-14-2002, 09:34 PM
I really dig Obi Wan his pretty interesting athough it would have been interesting to see it on film though :)

Jayspawn
01-14-2002, 11:01 PM
I think they look cool. But the articulation could be better on them. I'd like to see more background characters made rather that EU. One here or there would be ok.

JEDIpartner
01-15-2002, 08:57 AM
I LOVE the EU figures (covers up to protect myself from rotting vegetables being thrown at me). I know that a lot of people hate these things because they serve no real purpose. I like them because they are just cool looking toys. I suppose from the purist's point-of-view, these things are ridiculous, resculpted drivel. If you look at it from a couple other view points, they aren't so bad.
Firstly, if you consider the fact that they are toys, you must also consider that children (not to mention some of us adults :rolleyes: ) play with them and like to have different adventures with them. I really don't think that they NEED to be tied to anything other than cool playability. Imagine playing with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and having them go on a mission where they don't want to be recognised as Jedi. You could substitute the regular ones with these sculpts if you have them.
The second thing is that the designs of the costumes are pretty cool as far as character development. The Maul and the Jedi Training/Armour designs came off the Lucasfilm drawing board. These were concepts for the costumes. Costumes that were never produced in favour of the ones we got to see on the screen. I think they were good ideas with design inspirations that originated with a purpose. We are able to see what the finished design would have looked like in a 3D way. If these had been the costumes Maul and the Jedi had worn, we wouldn't be complaining so much because you would have just accepted them.
I suppose that's all I have to say. :)

Paul-Kenobi
01-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I cant find Qui-Gon, in jedi armor nor Snow Obi-wan, i would love to have them :)

sith_killer_99
01-16-2002, 02:45 AM
Paul-Kenobi, my local Wal-Mart just got a MASS shipment of Qui-Gon (Jedi Training) and Obi-Wan (Snow) along with Aurra Sing and Sith Apprentice Maul. I mean MASS shipment!!! There must be at least 25-30 of each just sitting on the pegs. E-mail me if you are interested, I'm sure we can work something out.;)

Otherwise these things will be warming pegs out here. That means Wal-Mart won't get anything new!:frus:

Obi-Don
01-21-2002, 02:53 AM
I liked them. I thought it would have been cool to see both wearing something like that in the movie.

DeathStarPlans
01-21-2002, 05:39 AM
They are most interestign and bring a little flavor to the line since there are too many resculpts.

Paul-Kenobi
01-22-2002, 11:26 PM
i like them nothing more to say about that :D