PDA

View Full Version : So what do you guys think of #54-56?

General_Grievous
07-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Here are pics that were hidden among the pics of the 12 new figures:

Turbo Tank Driver (Just like the AT-RT driver, except that it doesn't suck)
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16090&box=&shownew=
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16091&box=&shownew=

Mustafar Sentry (Looks okay, but I like the base more than the figure)
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16095&box=&shownew=
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16096&box=&shownew=

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Red Leader Pilot) (Best Episode III Obi-Wan, may even be the best Prequel Obi-Wan figure. It comes with removable cloak and pilot headgear and a lightsaber. Unfortunately, there aren't any pics of him without the Jedi cloak. Still looks great, though.)
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16092&box=&shownew=
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16093&box=&shownew=

Carded Pics
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16097&box=&shownew=
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16098&box=&shownew=
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16099&box=&shownew=

DarkArtist
07-14-2005, 08:56 PM
I like them, especially kenobi and turbo tank driver. :)

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 10:14 PM
They are purchases in my book

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Definately will get all 3 of these should I find them.
That Obi Wan is a great likeness IMO

Umbra
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I am very happy with the obi-wan. Its my favorite style for JEdi-cloak with h ood down. Glad to see the lightsaber with in the carded version, all other pics previously did not show the saber.

Not particuloarly interested in the mustafar sentry though i have nothing against it.

AS for the turbo tank driver, i'm a bit torn. 1. is there a turbo tank vehicle out yet? and 2. Someone at comiccon will hopefully bring back info on the chances for Quinlon Vos. Making his deathscene would be cool.

Blackened88
07-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Actually #54 Turbo Tank Driver is now AT-RT Driver, is says it on the side of his package.

UKWildcat
07-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I think the Mustafar Sentry is alright...Kinda cool... I'll definitely be getting a couple of the drivers, Obi is definitely the best release of the wave. I'm actually looking forward to picking up all of the figures.

It would also be cool if they released a different color variant of the Mustafar Sentry, ala #23.

figrin bran
07-15-2005, 01:42 AM
what's this??? an obi wan without any action gimmicks whatsoever??? i just might buy two of them as long as the articulation is on par with the other ROTS jedi master figures. and i'm buying the sentry and tank driver as well.

UKWildcat
07-15-2005, 01:56 AM
what's this??? an obi wan without any action gimmicks whatsoever???

True, so true... and as you know this IS a good thing! :D

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Im def. lovin the Obi Wan, finally looks like a great figure. The Turbo Tank Driver also looks great. Ill def. pick up these two out of the three :)

vadersvette
07-15-2005, 03:00 AM
I, like many of you, absolutely love the AT-RT Driver and Obi-Wan. These figures look great. The roller coaster hits the peak with these 3, then goes downhill with the last 12, but with some goodies along the way (clones, R4) :crazed:

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 03:06 AM
I, like many of you, absolutely love the AT-RT Driver and Obi-Wan. These figures look great. The roller coaster hits the peak with these 3, then goes downhill with the last 12, but with some goodies along the way (clones, R4) :crazed:

Agreed. These look great (well at least the clone and obi do), and then the final 12 look so so, with the exception of the clones, which look great. :)

Fluke Skywalker
07-15-2005, 03:58 AM
Obi-Wan & the AT-RT are buys, even though I'm not crazy about Obi's chocolate Magic Shell cloak. Think I'll pass on the Sentry and save my money for the Clones.

Devo
07-15-2005, 08:00 AM
The Obi-wan looks too good to be true. He probably has Jedi Kick Obi-wans legs under that cloak!! Honestly would that be in the least bit surprising to anyone else here?

Ryno
07-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. I have been so excited for this figure every since I saw pics of him back in March. He could be everything we want in an Obi figure. But, then again this is Hasbro; who knows how their minds work.

I want to love him, but "I've got a bad feeling about this."

General_Grievous
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM
But you guys are forgetting something...Hasbro themselves have stated that all figures beyond the Baccarra wave will not have any action features.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I hope this to be true, looking at his mid section, it looks like he would have some sort of swivel "lightsaber attack" action, but Im going to try to take hasbros word on this and leave it be. I would absolutely love this Obi if he didnt have any action features, it would be too good to be true.

Blackened88
07-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Check out #56 Kenobi
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/dir.arena/dn/default.cfm

Looks to me like he's SA and pretty much prefect, I will def be getting this fig.

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Check out #56 Kenobi
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/dir.arena/dn/default.cfm

Looks to me like he's SA and pretty much prefect, I will def be getting this fig.

After seeing that, this looks like our Obi!! Wow, what a bad a**ed looking figure. Very cool, def. gettin 2! :) :)

Devo
07-17-2005, 10:14 PM
My god it is a great figure!!! I can scarcely believe it! A decent Obi-wan figure within a movie year!!!!! The articulation looks present and accounted for but disguised. I think I could probably find use for at least 3 of these!! especially with the robe.

Battle Droid
07-25-2005, 01:56 AM
I plan to get tons of AT-RT Drivers and Mustafar Sentrys, ah Hell who am I kidding I'll never find any of them! :mad:

Turbowars
07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I thought I might pass on this wave, but now that I see how nice he is, I'll have to pick 2 of him up along with 3 Drivers.

ROTJLuke
07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Yea def. snaggin up an Obi Wan or three...:)

Veers
07-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I like them.

spang2005
07-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I haven't found the Mustafar Sentry, but I got Obi-Wan and the AT-RT driver today. They're both great. One thing though, I would rather have a soft-goods cloak for Obi-Wan so that he can wear it while in the ship.

Blackened88
07-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I love both 54 and 55, great figs. If I could wish anything more of 54, it would be that he would of had 38 legs so he could sit better on the AT-RT, but still a great fig.

Qui-Long Gone
08-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Just got Obi-Wan....by far one of the best figures to date....great articulation, no goofy gimmicks, except the shockingly refreshing gimmick of "natural" looking poses, and a desent likeness. Too bad you can't use his robe on other figures. If only there was a way to get Hasbro to make all their figures with such care we'd have a happy, happy world.:)

jimmymiro12
08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
The turbo tank driver is a nicer figure I only bought one but one thing that is kinda weird and you will think I am weird for thinkin something of it is that the trooper holds his gun in his left hand not his right. I know that's really stupid. :crazed:
The kenobi figure is nice but I kind of liked the promo pics better.

jimmy m

Battle Droid
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
#54 & #56 are AWESOME, haven't found #55 yet. :(

spang2005
08-07-2005, 10:36 PM
The turbo tank driver is a nicer figure I only bought one but one thing that is kinda weird and you will think I am weird for thinkin something of it is that the trooper holds his gun in his left hand not his right. I know that's really stupid. :crazed:
The kenobi figure is nice but I kind of liked the promo pics better.

jimmy m

Hey I thought the same thing! Wouldn't all clones be right-handed? I'm pretty sure it's a genetic trait.

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I think the Obi Wan is the best looking out of all three.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I haven't found the MS yet, but OB1 is the best of the three ROTS ones, IMO. Nice sculpt, nice pose and I really like the removable cloak feature, like the ones from the EP1 line.

The AT-RT driver is nice too, but that gun is too much for him to handle. I tried to get him to hold it like the pose on the back of the card, but no dice. BTW, that pic is reversed.

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Obi Is the best out of his two counterparts in the ROTS line. Its a far superior figure to the other two. Wish I wouldnt have gotten um now that I have a few of these bad boys. :)

Qui-Long Gone
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
That's why I waited to get this Obi-Wan...I had heard it was coming and was curious to see if it would be better than the last two....in this instance my patience paid off...literally paid off (or at least kept me from paying out).

I'm hoping we can get an Anakin, a ROTJ final duel Emperor, TPM Obi-Wan, and just one more ROTJ final duel Luke; with the same detail, articulation, and likeness as this figure. Between this one and Ephant Mon I don't know what my favorite fig is (in terms of looks, etc.)...

Luuuuuuke
08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I loved the Obi Wan figure, and really like theAT-RT driver, but don't like the fact he's left handed, and has that claw hand to boot. Nothing against left handers:D, but I like to keep all my clones either left handed or perferably right handed, and with the AT-RT driver, you have no choice. No big whoop. His oversized "bazooka" missile launcher is cartoonish. I can't pose him with it without it looking really stupid. The other gun, which kind of looks like an Uzi, is fine, but I don't like the strap so I cut it off.

Fluke Skywalker
08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Now that I've seen them I have to say they look great. As good as any in the whole run (And better than most).

jimmymiro12
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
There is a way to make him right handed. SOmetimes when you get sw action figures they come with the rubberbands (stilll have them on many of my jedi.) If you put the gun in his hand and keep pulling the rubberband around it will work great. One problem is that he can only hold the gun in his right hand when you put on the band.

jimmymiro12

ROTJLuke
08-11-2005, 10:47 AM
That's why I waited to get this Obi-Wan...I had heard it was coming and was curious to see if it would be better than the last two....in this instance my patience paid off...literally paid off (or at least kept me from paying out).

I'm hoping we can get an Anakin, a ROTJ final duel Emperor, TPM Obi-Wan, and just one more ROTJ final duel Luke; with the same detail, articulation, and likeness as this figure. Between this one and Ephant Mon I don't know what my favorite fig is (in terms of looks, etc.)...

Im with you on those, esp. you know who!! :D :crazed: :D