PDA

View Full Version : New Hallmark Ornaments for sale on Saturday

Pages : [1] 2

Kidhuman
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
On 7/16 Hallmark will have their Christmas ornaments on sale. The ones i saw today were:

Talking Vader(ESB): Standing on the platform in the epic duel with Luke, Says"I am your father" and "Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son" 18.95

Slave Leia - 14.95

Jedi STarfighter - 18.95

Blue CLone Trooper - 14.95

bobafrett
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up KH. I have all the Hallmark SW ornaments, including the two Easter SW lunchbox ornaments. The local Hallmark store used to call me when they had these in stock, guess they dropped my name from the list.

CaptainSolo1138
07-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem fundamentally wrong to have Slave Leia hanging on your Christmas tree? :D

bobafrett
07-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Nothing wrong with Leia showing a little leg during the ho ho holidays!

JimJamBonds
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem fundamentally wrong to have Slave Leia hanging on your Christmas tree? :D

I think its wrong to have Christmas ornaments going on sale 5 months before the big day (yeah yeah Christmas in July I know). As far as a Slave Leia on your tree.... well I think its ok for a single guy or college guys to have it on their trees. lol.

waboritas
07-15-2005, 01:08 PM
When they go on clearance the day after Christmas, I'm going to buy every Slave Leia I can get my hands on and start a little tree with just her in my Guy Room. In addition to the one with all the other SW and NFL ornaments (no Kurt Warner or Mannings on my tree, this year it is Vick, he may make the cut, but Brady is getting the shaft by Hallmark). Saw them all the other night. All are very nice.

Wonder why they never made the ROTJ lunch box....

JimJamBonds
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
If you don't mind a suggestion waboritas I think you should have one nurse ornament on that Michael Vick Christmas Tree. That way there is somebody there to provide medical care for Ron Mexico's "lady friends." :D

Slicker
07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Are there any pics yet? I'll have to check out Hallmark tomorrow and try and get my grubby paws on these.

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2005, 03:40 PM
If you don't mind a suggestion waboritas I think you should have one nurse ornament on that Michael Vick Christmas Tree. That way there is somebody there to provide medical care for Ron Mexico's "lady friends." :D

I was going to ask if he planned on getting a Ron Mexico ornament, but I guess you beat me to it. Hey, that wouldn't be such a bad idea..it could come with a free box of Valtrex!!

But staying on topic, there is nothing wrong with having Slave Leia hanging from your tree...spread the cheer all year round!!

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Are there any pics yet? I'll have to check out Hallmark tomorrow and try and get my grubby paws on these.

I checked the website for pics, but they only had the falcon and tie on it.

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I wonder if Slave Leia will be standing (like the Unleashed) or sitting/reclining. I already have one ESB talking Vader ornament, I think he says, "The Force is strong with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."

Slicker
07-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I checked the website for pics, but they only had the falcon and tie on it.Yeah, I saw that one but wasn't sure if you were privvy to any others.

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 11:36 PM
SHe is standing like the unleashed Ji'dai

LTBasker
07-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Well not exactly like the Unleashed, she's in a more realistic pose. :D

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to the Jedi Starfighter and ENTERPRISE-A! I've been waiting forever for them to release a freaking Enterprise-A. :p

Kinda wish the Jedi Starfighter was Obi-Wan's, but either way.

They're also releasing a pretty cool Spider-Man ornament this year.

Heres where you can view them for anyone who doesn't know (http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&partNumber=2005_DREAM_ONLINE_01&CatIDsList=-2;-104468;-107465&tabOn=products)

Kidhuman
07-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks for posting the link LT. Saved me the trouble of looking for it today

Ji'dai
07-16-2005, 10:36 AM
After seeing pics, I might pick up the Vader and the Falcon. The Leia is okay.

Hasbro's figures are better and could be used as ornaments just as easily. So could Titanium vehicles, now that I think about it.

JimJamBonds
07-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the link, I think those ornaments look pretty darn cool to me!

Kidhuman
07-16-2005, 11:17 AM
After seeing pics, I might pick up the Vader and the Falcon. The Leia is okay.

Hasbro's figures are better and could be used as ornaments just as easily. So could Titanium vehicles, now that I think about it.

The titaniums could be used. Balancing them could be an issue. Although you could just lie them on the tree branches.

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Slightly off-topic... I spotted a small cardboard display of Mpire (M&Ms) christmas ornaments in the holiday/seasonal section at Wal-Mart over the weekend. They appear to be the same basic sculpt as toy 2 packs, just slightly larger in scale. Each figurine is sold separately and cost under $4 each. The display I saw had been nearly wiped out, only Vader and a Trooper were left.

Slicker
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I'll jump off topic too then Ji'dai. RS has pics of some ornaments that are gonna be at Target.

Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94873)

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Looks like yummy goodness for my tree this year

Ji'dai
10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
I'll jump off topic too then Ji'dai. RS has pics of some ornaments that are gonna be at Target.

Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94873) I spotted another mini-ornament pack at K-Mart today that is different from the ones those Scum reported. This one might be a K-Mart exclusive; it retailed for $6.99. The pack had the Falcon, X-Wing, Slave I, Vader TIE, and AT-AT with plastic 'effects' attached to them - either a planet or some type of engine exhaust or plasma.

K-Mart also had the Mpire M&M's ornaments that I saw at Wal-Mart last week.

bobafrett
10-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, you have Star Wars ornaments hanging all over thee!

JimJamBonds
10-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I saw some of the new/old ornaments at a local story this week and while they are cool I can't get myself to fork over that much money for an ornament. I think the Vader ornament is something like $29.99, granted its really cool and quite large I just can't see myself forking over that much for something as silly as an ornament. However if anybody wants to give me one I'd be more then happy to accept it. lol

2-1B
10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
JimJam, come with me to Hallmark on 12/26, we'll scoop up a bunch of them 50% off. :)

I scored a handful of them that way over the years. :)

JimJamBonds
10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Sweet, could ya remind me in about 11 weeks about that? lol

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Bu-bump!

My mom is a Hallmark Gold Crown member, and the mailer she got shows a Tusken Raider as a 2007 ornament. The premiere weekend to buy the new holiday stuff is July 14-15 this year. I have to wonder if the days of 3-5 different SW ornaments each year will end soon (maybe only 1 per?).

jonthejedi
07-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Yes...it's today, and the Tusken Raider is ONLY available this w/e. There are some very cool SW pieces this year...including Falcon Takeoff & Obi passing his father's lightsaber to Luke as mini diaramas with lights & sounds.

pbarnard
07-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Yes...it's today, and the Tusken Raider is ONLY available this w/e. There are some very cool SW pieces this year...including Falcon Takeoff & Obi passing his father's lightsaber to Luke as mini diaramas with lights & sounds.

Well I feel cheated. They didn't have any Tuskens and I asked about it at my local Hallmark. I did get the Falcon and R2/Jawa though.

2-1B
07-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Sweet, could ya remind me in about 11 weeks about that? lol

Sorry, I forgot. :(

LTBasker
07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
What, the Tusken Raider is really only available this weekend? That's ridiculous! Ugh, I can't even get over there until next weekend.

jonthejedi
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I missed out on the Tusken, too. Unbeknownst to me, my Hallmark store opened at 6am this morning, and...you guessed it..the scalpers ate them up. I'll call around if I get a chance.

bobafrett
07-15-2007, 05:59 PM
I must have got lucky then, as I showed up at 9 am on Saturday, and was able to get myself a Tusken ornament. Went back today, and they were all gone, including the display. Someone told me that they had a limited quanity of 5 per store.

tagmac
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
I go for the early opening every year, having collected these ornaments ever since the first Falcon and Yoda ones came out. I lucked out and got a Tusken Raider Saturday, but it was clear someone had bought one or two before me - and I was only 5 minutes late! Normally it's a bunch of elderly folks and a few mothers, with me the lone young guy in there, but I actually had to squeeze between people, thanks to the setup (and the fact that one person was in a wheelchair and took up have the small aisle in front of the ornaments - I don't want to be disrespectful, but I hate when people do that, then get on your case because you want to be able to get to the merchandise, too).

I'm guessing the scalpers around here either didn't know, or didn't care, but I hope this "limted SW ornament" idea doesn't become permanent. Scalping Christmas ornaments is about as low as you can get.

wampaslayr
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I was at the Hallmark in Northridge right at 10:00 am when they openned and did not see the Tusken ornament. I asked the sales person and he said they were all gone. They only received 6 for the whole weekend. I asked when they went on sale because the store was not crowded. He told me that to make it fair they decided to promise them to their 6 best customers instead of putting them out on the floor for the general public. How is that fair? He called another local Hallmark and they too were sold out. As I was leaving he told me to check ebay. Moron. I called my Hallmark in the Valencia mall and they actually had one available. I asked if it could be held and they said they would for the day. I was unable to get it, so my wife went over and bought it for me. I thought that there would be enough to last at least the whole weekend. I was thinking at least 50 would be available for each store. I hope this does not become a habit every year.

Bosskman
07-22-2007, 05:24 AM
I got the Tusken, Jawa&R2, Ben's Hutt diorama but not the Falcon cause they were gone from the 2 stores I was at (or not there yet like the AT-AT last year)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I've noticed that the standard 50% off sales have been less this year; also, I've not seen too many of the 3 SW '07 ornaments. I already have all of them (alas, no Tusken of course :mad: ), but still...

bobafrett
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I wish I would have waited to get the Ben's diorama, and the Falcon ornaments. I bought one set of each before Christmas, and one set after. They had so many left I could have got two for the price of 1. I really wanted to get a second Jawas with droid, but they were all sold out before Christmas on that one.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I also used to wait for the standard 50% off Star Wars Ornament post Holiday sale, but unfortunately I have noticed the past few years that it is rare for a Star Wars ornament, to last that long (at least the electronic ones) and have been scooping them up prior to the Holiday. So far I have 7 electronic ones (Death Star, Falcon, Star Destroyer, Kenobi vs. Anakin, Kenobi and Luke, Vader, and AT-AT) - plus a handful of nonelectronic ones. Might have to get a new tree exclusively for them.

TeeEye7
01-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm WAY behind on SW ornaments. Normally, I've relied on family and friends to keep up with my collections, but they've been getting me other Hallmark ornaments instead. This year I received Ralphie, Randy, and the infamous leg lamp from A Christmas Story. All extremely cool, but I miss my SW Hallmark fix. :cry:

LBC: My favorite electronic ornament I have is the X-Wing. :thumbsup:
If you don't have it, it's worth looking for.

Banthaholic
03-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Rebelscum has pictures of the '08 ornaments. The Imperial Shuttle, Palpatine on thrown, Vader fighting Luke, and minature death star & star destroyer. Sweet!

LTBasker
03-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice, I love that we're getting the Imperial Shuttle! I hope the Trek ornaments are good too.

Darth Duranium
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Yep, I collect the Hallmark ship ornaments, too... they got me into collecting ships in the first place.

The Shuttle looks nice... pic attached. I imagine that the wings will be static, as is usually the case with Hallmark. They can put it in a bigger box and charge like, $50. Oh well, I'm stoked anyway.

Any date for the release? Is it "magic"?

The USS Reliant looks pretty kewl, too. Pic posted in Non-SW section on SSG.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I believe the release date is next Sat. 7/12; in my mom's Hallmark mailer she got a few days ago, it showed some of the new ones from all types, and the only SW ones listed (they never put them all) were the Imp Shuttle and a red Royal Guard (that one would be nice on a tree).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-06-2008, 10:02 AM
The Shuttle looks nice... pic attached. I imagine that the wings will be static, as is usually the case with Hallmark. They can put it in a bigger box and charge like, $50. Oh well, I'm stoked anyway.I don't have the mailer in front of me, but it said the shuttle's wings move, and I think it was $39.95 because it had some musical theme that played.

BTW, these are winter holiday ornaments, right? Usually for Christmas time, when it's cold and snowy in some places. And this line of Hallmark stuff has been going for, what, 15 years or so? Here are some omitted characters from SW (see if you can find the subtle connection between them)...

Luke Skywalker (HOTH Battle Gear)
Han Solo (HOTH Battle Gear)
Chewbacca (SNOW on fur)
Princess Leia (HOTH Battle Gear)
Imperial SNOWtrooper
Rebel Soldier (HOTH Battle Gear)
Padme Amidala (Mygeento [sp?] SNOW planet gear)

And I think that Hoth was a SNOW planet. Yeah, we've had SNOW Walkers and SNOWspeeders, but c'mon! No characters dressed for the season? :upset:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I believe the release date is next Sat. 7/12; in my mom's Hallmark mailer she got a few days ago, it showed some of the new ones from all types, and the only SW ones listed (they never put them all) were the Imp Shuttle and a red Royal Guard (that one would be nice on a tree).Yes, the 12th is the day, BTW. I can't seem to find the Royal Guard listed online; I wonder if it's this year's Limited Edition ornament. Dang it! I really do not like exclusives! :frus: Even if I'm lucky enough to find them... :upset:

jonthejedi
07-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Many Gold CRown Hallmark stores will probably be opening earlier than usual. That's how I nabbed the Tusken last year!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I plan to scope out some stores this week to figure out if any are open early (I was on vacation last year, so I missed out on "exclusive" Tusken :upset: ).

LTBasker
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah, the Royal Guard is the limited edition this year, as well as a comic-style Joker ornament. I don't see the point of the limited editions, it's pretty lame.

tagmac
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
The one main character they have yet to make into an ornament is Lando. With this year's theme being ROTJ, hopefully next year we'll get an ESB theme, so we can finally get Lando and maybe even a Carbonite Han (although I could see THAT being the exclusive). :upset:

Here's hoping this year ends up like last year, and there AREN'T a bunch of scalpers hanging around Hallmark (of all places) for an exclusive ornament that won't be worth bupkis on the secondary market when compared to other toys. I lucked out with the Tusken last year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this year.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Here's time for a list (LIST... :drool: )

TOP TEN SW HALLMARK ORNAMENTS NOT YET MADE:
10.Ice Cream Guy or Yarna ( :p kidding, but some Jabba's palace aliens would be cool)
9. Rebel Pilot (maybe Biggs Darklighter?)
8. Jabba :eek:
7. Mace Windu
6. General Grievous (or General Madine, I forget which :rolleyes: )
5. Droideka (electronic with sound effects)
4. Lando (I'm torn between Bespin or Skiff Guard version)
3. Hoth Stormtrooper
2. Han in Carbonite (glowing orange?)
1. Han in Hoth outfit

bobafrett
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I stopped by to see the Hallmark ornaments today, and I didn't see the Royal Guard, so I asked the lady who worked there, and she said, "We have one left, we can save put it aside for you", then after picking it up, she found a second Royal Guard, so I have two now put on hold, with my name on them at my local Hallmark store! I just need to get in there Saturday when they go on sale.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I did exactly the same thing, frett. But, I had to tell the owner that the Guard wasn't the only ornament I was buying (hey, you get 100 bonus Gold Crown points for every 2 ornaments you buy, and the Indy one looks great, plus the Emperor and Shuttle have sounds). I'll be waiting before something opens once again; lines rule! :rolleyes: But tomorrow, it opens at 9:30am, so I'd only have to get there by 7:00am. :p

Lord Malakite
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Any Power Ranger Hallmark ornaments this year?

bobafrett
07-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Any Power Ranger Hallmark ornaments this year?

I didn't see any, but I did manage to get my two Royal Guard ornaments!

Banthaholic
07-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Here's time for a list (LIST... :drool: )

TOP TEN SW HALLMARK ORNAMENTS NOT YET MADE:
10.Ice Cream Guy or Yarna ( :p kidding, but some Jabba's palace aliens would be cool)
9. Rebel Pilot (maybe Biggs Darklighter?)
8. Jabba :eek:
7. Mace Windu
6. General Grievous (or General Madine, I forget which :rolleyes: )
5. Droideka (electronic with sound effects)
4. Lando (I'm torn between Bespin or Skiff Guard version)
3. Hoth Stormtrooper
2. Han in Carbonite (glowing orange?)
1. Han in Hoth outfit

I would think the Hoth Stormtrooper would have been a no brainer by now, with it being from Hoth the snow planet. :)

I got the Royal guard this morning. They had a few and I was the only one there :shocked: Needless to say, I'm glad to own this. Will pick up the other closer to christmas when the tree goes up.

TeeEye7
07-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Score! Thanks to Mrs. TI7 I have:

Emperor's Royal Guard
Imperial Shuttle
Emperor Palpatine
The Final Confrontation

I had to work late this morning (nothing like a 16 hour shift!), so my lovelyl Mrs. went for me. She said there was nary a scalper to be seen.

I hope to be as lucky with the miniature ornaments in October!

tagmac
07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Ahh...forgot about the Hoth Stormtrooper. Definitely belongs in an ESB-themed set.

Got there about 10 minutes before they opened, and thankfully, no scalpers (although I think it's because they were in Target - I went there 40 minutes later, and found only three of the Wave 9 GI JOE figs, with the army builders gone :upset:) Anyway, I had actually filled out the reserve list with the regs AND the lmiited ones, and to my surprise, they actually DID hold a Royal Guard and a Joker for me. They actually had a lot of RG's, but they only had one Joker on the shelf, which I grabbed and held until I found out that there was one of each in my bag behind the register.

At this point, I did my good deed for the day. I heard a couple looking for the Joker ornament, and the lady say they were sold out. I told them they could have the one I was holding, since I had a second already held for me (that I didn't know about at first). All in all, a VERY expensive day of ornaments, with me getting Batman and the joker, the SW set, Indy, several Peanuts and Disney ones (including the 4-mug set to go with the set I got last year), and several others that I plan to give as Christmas and b-day gifts in the coming months. Also picked up one of the two limited Precious Moments Snow White ones, which I'll be giving my mother for Christmas.

that's the best part about the ornament premier - I always get a chunk of my Christmas shopping done in July.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Ahh...forgot about the Hoth Stormtrooper. Definitely belongs in an ESB-themed set.

Got there about 10 minutes before they opened, and thankfully, no scalpers

All in all, a VERY expensive day of ornaments,

that's the best part about the ornament premier - I always get a chunk of my Christmas shopping done in July.Any Hoth characters would be welcome.

I got there an hour before, and passed the time reading in my car. I saw the neon "OPEN" sign turn on, but never saw anyone go to the door. I was talking with a woman there (also for SW ornaments) and neither of us checked the door. Whihc, of course, had been unlocked the whole time. Eh. What're you gonna do?

I scored one Guard (left the last one for other collectors), the Emperor (although I thought this one had sound :( ), Shuttle, and Dr. Henry Jones Jr. That was a hefty cost, but I saved $5 with a newspaper ad coupon, plus got my mom 200 bonus points on her Gold Crown card account.

I should be more aware of holiday shopping after this day, but I'll just end up forgetting (forget what? :confused: ).

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I was in that same Hallmark store last week, and on the shelf of "Limited Quantities" ornaments there was... one Royal Guard. Weeks after the fact? Interesting.

But nothing else SW-wise, that I saw (I think the other stuff is due out in October).

TeeEye7
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Did you buy it? Palpy looks really cool with two of his little red buds on either side of him! :yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Nah. Thought about it, though. I heard the voice of Palpy... "you want, this, don't you?" But then I heard him again... "you no longer have any need for those. Guards; leave us." :thereisnoconflict: :confused: :rolleyes:

TeeEye7
08-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if he were still there until clearance time? : pieinthesky : :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if he were still there until clearance time? : pieinthesky : :pleased:I hear his voice once more... "Yes... can it be done?"

Darth Duranium
08-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Just got around to picking up the 2 decent-sized Hallmark ships from this year's offerings... skipped the minis again.

The Imp Shuttle is awesome... wings fold completely up and down and the paint and detailing are very nice. It loudly plays The Imperial March and it lights up the engines in blue when you hit the button.

One thing... ignore the "instructions"... you'll need a micro Phillips screwdriver to put the batteries into it. Also, there's no landing gear on this one, for those who want the wings displayed up... but it is nice. It's well scaled to go with the original Hallmark Falcon (a personal fave).

Admiral? Admiral!

The Reliant is also excellent... quite similar to the Furuta. Pushing the button lights up the insides of the nacelles (and a light on the top at the front of each nacelle). The impulse section has brightly lit blue domes on the top and bottom of the saucer, and the impulse engines light up red, too. Could really have used a stand, though.

Strange that there's no voice of Khan, though. So many funny Khan lines are missed here.

It's nice not to have wires hanging out of these ships, but I do prefer ships that stay lit all of the time, rather than 30 seconds after a button is pushed...

All-in-all though, they're very nice indeed.

karenjones
08-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Checked it.
Looks good.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
There's another special weekend coming up, October 11, with just one SW ornament: a small Death Star II and Star Destroyer (not Executor, though). I noticed a Star Trek communicator as well, and thought that'd been made already.

DarkArtist
10-13-2008, 08:27 AM
my wife bought me the Imperial Shuttle and Luke vs Vader the other day. she got them for 30% off at Kohl's

tagmac
10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I was in Hallmark yesterday, and they had several Royal Guards on the shelf. Bought one so that now I can put Palpy with a guard on either side of him.

While it's possible these were leftovers from July (they did have at least a dozen that day), I'm guessing they got a second shipment in to coincide with the October 11th release. Much better than last year, when the stores only got in 6 Tusken Raiders, and never got a second case.

Darth Duranium
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I just saw these pics... thought some of youzes might be interested, too. Count me in for Old Pikey as well as the vehicles.... wonder if we'll see him or Cap't April in the new flick?

I'd imagine that there are more SW ornaments to come, but I think that this covers all of the Trek ones. Yay... K'T'inga! Nice choice!

More info:

"Two of the remaining ornaments for 2009 will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Hallmark will offer ornaments of the K’t'inga-class Klingon battle cruiser (complete with incredible detail of the hull plating and glowing torpedo launchers) and the Ilia probe (sporting her white outfit and neck jewel - pheromone glands sold separately). Ilia will be a limited-quantity ornament, as was the one of Lt. Uhura in 2007, so be prepared to hit your Hallmark Gold Crown store the day it goes on sale.
The last ornament for 2009 will be a TOS hand phaser that lights and plays sound effects as well as lines of dialogue just as this year’s TOS communicator ornament does. The line choices are very cool (I got to help pick ‘em) and this ornament is one we’ve wanted to do for a long time. If you like the communicator (and people who saw it and played with it this weekend sure did), then you’ll love the phaser."

LTBasker
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Those all look pretty sweet, any pics of the K't'inga?

Also, any word if SW will have a limited one?

Darth Duranium
03-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Nope and nope, LT.:cross-eye I haven't seen the K'Tinga or heard any details of the SW limited edition... yet...

DarkArtist
03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
does anyone know if the Jedi vs Sith set is going to be electronic like the other series pieces....?

jonthejedi
03-07-2009, 04:23 AM
...from the looks of the base, I'd say a def. YES. It will go with the Obi & Luke and Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin diaramas they've done in years past. The Han stormie looks pretty good.

tagmac
04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Amazing...all of the main characters done and yet still no Lando! Personally, I'd also like to see a Snowtrooper thrown in there as well.

Darth Duranium
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Hallmark's put up some pics of the Landspeeder and others...

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article%7C10001%7C10051%7C/HallmarkSite/KeepsakeOrnaments/2009/Hobbies%20and%20Interests/KO_HOBBIES_STARWARS

That speeder looks nice... gotta give it the edge over Kenner's :D

If I collected figs, I'd get Robby for sure... and the Indy Idol one's kewl.

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product%7C10001%7C10051%7C940913%7C215589;221071;2 21115%7Cnull%7CP1R4SO%7Cstores

Blue2th
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Think I'd rather have the Robby Robot than the landspeeder. My Titanium will suffice. I'm more of a capital ship kinda Hallmark fan. Wouldn't that be cool next year? I'm thinking lights and magic Muulificent Frigate or Republic Attack Cruiser! :thumbsup:

I do have quite a few SW Hallmarks though from prior years. And other onaments like mostly space ships, locomotives, and airplanes.

btw: I gotta see what your spouse does with your ships at X-Mas DT! lol

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I like the Han in Trooper gear, plus the "cheap" little 2-piece set (Anakin and Ahsoka) is always a getter, and that Landspeeder looks cool (but $23?!?). I plan to get the Indy (wrong music playing... the "Raiders March" while he's weighing the idol?) and probably the Sidney Crosby one. A good crop for '09.

But still, NO SNOWTROOPER?!? :mad: NO HOTH HAN?!? :mad: NO HOTH LUKE?!? :mad: NO HOTH LEIA?!? :mad: For holidays in WINTER TIME?!? :mad: For shame, Hallmark.

jonthejedi
05-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Yes...the wrong music but that dramatic cue isn't gonna sell ornaments as much as the iconic "main" theme the public identifies with the character. The Ep. 1 set really looks cool...I have the two others.

pbarnard
05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
If there is a limited SW one this year, it should follow the same pattern as being from the same movie, in a closely related scene. R2 w/Jawa get Tusken Raider. Palpy on Throne, get Royal Guard etc. So let the speculation begin...

LTBasker
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
There doesn't seem to be one for SW this year. Trek has one - Ilia Probe - but I haven't heard anything about SW having one. Which isn't unusual as Trek didn't have a limited one last year.

OC47150
05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
If there is a limited SW one this year, it should follow the same pattern as being from the same movie, in a closely related scene. R2 w/Jawa get Tusken Raider. Palpy on Throne, get Royal Guard etc. So let the speculation begin...

It's Greedo this year.

I'll get the SW ornaments, as usual. And the Indy. But the ornament that made me really laugh was Cousin Eddie's RV from Christmas Vacation. One of the greatest Christmas movies ever. :thumbsup:

'That there, Clark, is an RV.'

LTBasker
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Is it really?

...what's the point of getting the dream book if they don't include this info...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
One word, repeated: JAR-JAR! :eek:

bobafrett
05-09-2009, 08:14 AM
I saw a Hallmark store had posted the day that the ornaments (like Greedo) would go up on sale, but my forgetful memory lost the date.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I saw a Hallmark store had posted the day that the ornaments (like Greedo) would go up on sale, but my forgetful memory lost the date.According to the Hallmark Dreambook, "Save these special dates in 2009 - Keepsake Ornament Premiere: July 11-12, Keepsake Ornament Debut: October 10-11, Holiday Open House: November 7-8."

And these are the SW ornaments listed:
- Han Solo [wearing stormtrooper armor, sans helmet] (13th in the SW Series) $15.00
- Luke's Landspeeder $22.50 [doesn't say it's electronic, though]
- A Deadly Duel [Obi-Wan on other side of laser shield wall, while Qui-Gon batttles Maul] (gate illuminates, lightsaber battle sounds) $32.00
- Anakin Skywalker & Ahsoka Tano (set of two) $15.00 [available in Oct.]

Other cool, but not SW:
- Retrieving the Idol (Indiana Jones) $18.50
- Starfleet Phaser (ST) $18.50
- Spider-Man (on Amazing Fantasy #15 cover) $16.50
- Mr. Plow (battery operated! :yes: ) $20.00
- Robby the Robot $18.50
- Swedish Chef (battery operated! ) $18.50
- World's Best Boss (The Office, battery operated! ) $16.50
- Ecto-1 (GB), (battery operated! ) $18.50
- Frankly, My Dear (GWTW, and @$%#&! battery operated! ) $24.00
- Where the Wild Things Are $15.00
- Ralphie's Pink Nightmare $16.50 (battery operated! ) and What a Lamp! $12.50 from ACS
- Galaga (battery operated! ) $18.50
- Hannah Montana (battery operated... :cry: ) $16.50

TeeEye7
05-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I thought the Batman figure "Descending Upon Gotham" was pretty spack-tack-you-lar.

LTBasker
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, the Batman ornament looks great. I wonder if there will be a limited comic character, then? Last year they had a limited Joker.

Banthaholic
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Anone here going to Comic Con?
http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0015776.jpg
Looks like they have a Hallmark Exclusive. And I'm not going to be there.... Any help is appreciated!

LTBasker
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
That's kind of cool; but really lame. The limited ones have been bad enough, but SDCC exclusives now too? Ridiculous. I've always seen the Keepsake Ornaments as simple family fun; not an extension of the annoying collectibles market that can easily become hellbent with elitist attitudes as the costumers are split between those that will go to any length and any price to accumulate the most limited items, while others without those financial means become alienated and angry. I didn't know of the exclusive Clone ornament; I first heard of Hallmark having an SDCC exclusive from an announcement about an exclusive repaint of their previously limited Uhura ornament, this time she would be in her gold uniform from an early TOS episode. This infuriates me as I don't get the Trek figurine ornaments, but I do get all of the SW ones and have managed to get the limited ones. Looks like this will be the exception.

jonthejedi
06-10-2009, 04:26 AM
I'll probably p/u the 1st weekend Greedo...I have the others.

waboritas
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I am in the same boat as you guys. I have a complete collection of the Hallmark ornaments and have supported this line since they first released the Falcon in '96. This is very frustrating to say the least that after 13 years, I will probably no longer be able to say I have every Hallmark ornament produced. That said if anyone is going and would be willing to help me out, please PM me. I am going to write a letter to Hallmark about this, as I am extremely disappointed, even if these are re-paints.

LTBasker
06-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I sent'em a pretty large rant of an email, and got a form email that only vaguely related as a reply. I may try hand-writing it out and mailing it in, but I doubt it'd get any significant recognition.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Best comment would be if they don't sell out there, or sell very few of them at all.

jonthejedi
06-15-2009, 04:27 AM
There is a secondary source online for Hallmark ornaments once the season or year is over. I've picked up some old SW for myself there. I believe it's called Hooked on Hallmark.com. They may be a good chance after the show.

tagmac
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I've been collecting them since the beginning as well, but not getting the Clones doesn't bug me all that much. They're just repaints of the 501st Clone we got last year (or was it two years ago). I'll be more disappointed if I can't nab a Greedo. If they get them in like they did the Royal Guards, he should be available at least for the first weekend. If it's anything like the 6 per-store-only issue with the Tusken Raiders, then it could be a problem.

pbarnard
06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
I wasn't aware of them until 1999 (college, had important things like learnin' to do). But since than I've usually gotten the light/sound ship/vehicle and OT characters with a few prequal exceptions. So for me re-releases aren't that big a deal, I want them to get rid of the "bases" that things like the AT-AT, ESB Vader are on and go with more Anakin's Starfighter way with the batteries in the ornament proper.

OC47150
06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I have a friend going to Comic Con, so I'm sending a little $$$ with hopes that I can get a set. If it doesn't work out, I can live.

I haven't had a problem in getting the preview-exclusive ornaments in July. Some stores have 'em behind the counter and others have them on the shelves with the other ornaments. I go early and get mine, though.

Blue2th
06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I can live without the figurines, but I would be major upset if there was an exclusive ship.

I went down to a Hallmark store and picked me up a preview catalog the other day.

Darth Duranium
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I can live without the figurines, but I would be major upset if there was an exclusive ship.

Ditto... I just buy the ships.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Now, I prefer the figures over ships, but I don't like the "limited" or "exclusive" anythings. There are several gaps in my ornament collecting, so purposely missing these ones will not affect me in the least.

Jayspawn
06-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I enjoy the mix of figures and ships that Hallmark comes out with. Although I try to pickup whatever is on sale the days after Xmas.

waboritas
07-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I used to try my luck at the 50% off day after Christmas sale, but around 2000 it became too difficult to get them all at a discount. I had no trouble getting the Tusken Raider in '07, but the Royal Guard was a bit tricky last year. I guess I'll snag my Greedo next weekend to be sure I get it.

I also sent Hallmark an email stating my disappointment over the Comic Con Exclusives. My friend works for Lego and I am going to have her try to get the exclusives for me. I won't be crushed if I don't get them as they are re-paints, but would rather have them in my collection than not.

pbarnard
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
IF I've ever wanted a Star Trek or just about any other property, those can always be found after Xmas. Star Wars seems always to sell out well before locally.

TeeEye7
07-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I received notice in the mail today of the new Keepsake offerings this year. PB is absolutely right that SW sells out immediately if not sooner. Largely thanks to our die-hard scalpers that still exist in the area. They raid us so that they have material to sell at Frankenstein's.

I will be there to grab the few goodies I've eyed as necessary.

pbarnard
07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I received notice in the mail today of the new Keepsake offerings this year. PB is absolutely right that SW sells out immediately if not sooner. Largely thanks to our die-hard scalpers that still exist in the area. The raid us so that they have material to sell at Frankenstein's.

I will be there to grab the few goodies I've eyed as necessary.

Considering the 1500 mile difference between our locations, them scalpers must be doing good. Try it, and I'll do somethign than TeeEye7 will try to prove it's me who did it but I'll confuse everyone with limits of detection speak. :thumbsup:

This is going to be a busy week for me, after buying nothing for nearly 3 months, ROC GI Joe figs are released this weekend, SW Ornaments next, and a couple of DVD sets called Complete Series GI Joe and Transformers soon after that.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I noticed yesterday that I have an all-day meeting on Sat. 7/11. Why don't these people look to see if any collectibles are first available for sale before setting these meeting dates? :upset: :rolleyes: That might make getting Greedo a little harder (unless like last year, the Limited ornament stayed on shelves for a couple weeks after the opening day).

tagmac
07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Got mine today, including a Greedo (an a Donald Duck exclusive). Looked like they had anywhere from 6-12 of these, but I had reserved all of the regular ones, so I didn't stick around to look further.

jonthejedi
07-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I picked up Greedo, Luke/landspeeder, Indy stealing idol, and what to me is the standout piece...Deadly Duel from Ep. I. Only thing missing is Duel of the Fates music!

LTBasker
07-11-2009, 07:38 PM
My family and I picked up our ornaments today, they had everything I wanted aside from Greedo and the Trek phaser, I think. Apparently that store only got about 4 Greedos total, and they were gone instantly despite us getting there only 19 mins after they opened. Fortunately, the woman at the register was kind enough to call up the Hallmark store in a bordering town and I managed to get a Greedo that way.

TeeEye7
07-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I missed out. I had to work late today and the early birds and scalpers (yes, they're very much alive and well in my area) got everything. Looks more like the after Christmas sale at the store. The sales people said there was a substantial line waiting for them to open today.

Oh, well. :dis:

pbarnard
07-11-2009, 09:10 PM
The store I went to opened up at 9 (rest of the Mall at 10 except Target/Chik-fil-a/Barnes and Noble that open at 8). I got there 9:15 cuz I biked from the gym and left at 9. Got a Greedo, Han Solo, and Baby's 1st Christmas. Passed on the land speeder (just too small for my liking). Got a bottle of water from the store, and a cookie, rode bike home.

bobafrett
07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I forgot these were released today. Oh well, I'm already short several from last year because of poor financial times.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I had an out-of-town meeting yesterday from 9-4, so by the time I got to the store I went to last time, they had plenty of all the "regular" SW ones, but no SW Limited Quantity. The store owner called him "Greeko." I went home and called a couple other Hallmark stores: nope, sold out; busy signal for about 7 minutes straight so I gave up; and one store that had one left and held it for me.

So I ended up with just "Greeko" and Han Trooper. But I shopped Greedo first (Lucas even controls my purchases! :p ). The landspeeder is just okay, and the electronic TPM fight scene is a little dull (you're right, jonthejedi, it needed "DotF" in the background). I'll look for the Indy South American Idol and Sidney Crosby ones later; maybe after the sales time. Plus, there are more coming out for the October ornaments release (some small 2-pack SW ships or characters, others I fail to recall right now).

I listened to the Gone With the Wind electronic one, and it ends with the "D" word. Odd holiday greeting on one's tree...

Darth Jax
07-12-2009, 12:49 PM
picked up landspeeder, han and greedo today. may get duel but i'm gonna take a chance that it'll survive and be clearanced after xmas.

LTBasker
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM
The store owner called him "Greeko."

Ha! No doubt Greedo's brother. Or mother.

I went through a similar event as I was busy getting my other ornaments so my Mom is the one that asked about Greedo, which I could overhear, and she was calling him "Guido."

OC47150
07-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I had no problem getting my Greedo. I had to wait behind someone who placed a large order of ornaments on layaway.

There were only about five Greedos behind the counter. I overheard the clerk said some customers pre-ordered him and other exclusives and they went into the pre-order bags.

I will pick up the other ornaments about one a month now. It's more affordable that way.

Darth Duranium
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Picked up the Klingon Battlecruiser (their last boxed one) ... a few pics in the Trek small ships threads. Very impressive but too expensive.

They still had a few Greedos but I passed.

jonthejedi
07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I also want to pick up Robby the Robot & Twilight Zone TV in Oct.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2009, 09:53 PM
TI, I hope to send you your very own Greedo soon. Take that, central CA scalpers! :mad:

Interesting that one of the Hallmark shops I went to today had no more Sidney Crosbys. Will I have to pick up one of these now "rare" ones for myself soon? :pleased: (all the other stores have plenty of The Kid)

TeeEye7
07-18-2009, 10:16 PM
TI, I hope to send you your very own Greedo soon. Take that, central CA scalpers! :mad:

PM sent, sir! Thank you ever so much for your vigilance!

Banthaholic
07-22-2009, 10:25 PM
See the 2010 ornaments here
http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_164.jpg

A snowspeeder, rock on!

Darth Duranium
07-22-2009, 11:23 PM
See the 2010 ornaments here
http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_164.jpg

A snowspeeder, rock on!

Thanks for the link.

Agreed!

The Solo in Carbonite look cool, too. Makes sense seeing a frozen Corellian at Christmas...

Kneeling Vader and (new) Palpy from ESB... could be interesting...

Darth Duranium
07-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes! The new Ent's coming out next year! Woo hoo! I'd recognise those karaoke mike nacelles anywhere.

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_166.jpg

pbarnard
07-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Well it makes sense being next year is 30th of ESB.

tagmac
07-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Finally getting Lando, too! About time. A Snowtrooper would have been great, too, but can't have everything....

pbarnard
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
My guess, if Luke isn't the "exclusive" weekend figure, than it's gotta be a Snowtrooper.

LTBasker
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Another Indiana ornament as well.

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_165.jpg

waboritas
07-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if anyone happens to have an extra set of the Comic Con Clone Trooper Ornaments for sale, please PM.

TeeEye7
07-30-2009, 01:17 PM

A man of his word (of course we already knew that! :thumbsup:)!

Said Rodian is safely in my hands and destined for the tree this season in close proximity to Mr. Solo. As BCJ wrote me: "Who will shoot first?"

Thanks again, BCJ!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2009, 10:00 AM
No prob; any time, TI!

And fellow ornament collectors, don't forget that there are some more releases in October (I think it's the weekend of the 12-13th). I waiting on the mini 2-ornament SW set.

OC47150
08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I have my ComicCon ornaments in hand. Very sharp. They'll look good on the tree.

DarkArtist
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM
i have the Landspeeder and the Theed Duel on layaway along with several other ornaments from hallmark. can't wait to get them all and then set up the tree.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2009, 09:51 AM
And the Ornament Weekend is Oct. 10-11. The new SW one will be the Anakin and Ahsoka small set. But a non-SW Limited Quantity one will be Ben Roethelemistcannibalargonflukeisperrorchilicheeseb erger. Gonna have to get in line early for that one!

LTBasker
09-20-2009, 02:42 AM
I'm sorry, can you repeat that last ornament? The universal translator seems to have conked out...

Bel-Cam Jos
09-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Ben Rothandrachelwereanitemonfriendthseventhoughtheyth sleptaroundwithothersdoublecheeseberger.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
A week from today is the day! Call your local Hallmark store for details and restrictions, prices may vary, plus tax.

TeeEye7
10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I wish they'd restrict the scalpers! :mad:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Axel Rod sang it best: "If you got the money, honey, we got your disease." GNR's "Welcome to the Hallmark." :o :shanananananakneesknees:

OC47150
10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Mom had a couple of coupons from HM in the last week or so. I was able to get TPM ornament for about $10 off.

The October ornaments are out. I kept pushing the button on the Christmas Vacation RV ornament. Gotta get that one.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Their ornament event begins at 9am tomorrow... I asked it they could put Ben RothIRAwhenyourolloveryour 401kfromyourpreviousemployerberger on hold for me, and I plan to get the Knight/Padawan pair, perhaps Sid the Kid, too. This year's Indy don't impress me much.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I got the Limited Quantity Steelers QB one, plus Anakin/Ahsoka, with three $.99 cards (coupon) and a free candle thingy (another coupon). If Mr. Crosby's still around when they have their sales, I might get him.

LTBasker
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Picked up the TOS phaser, Ahsoka & Anakin and the Christmas Vacation RV yesterday. We got there right at opening and the store apparently only got a single Ilia Probe. I hadn't planned on picking her up due to not collecting the Trek figurine ornaments, and not really caring about Ilia, but nearly did as an impulse buy. Ended up leaving her, though.

I actually picked up a second TOS phaser to leave on my desk year round to play with at the slightest whim display proudly since it's 1:1 scale.

DarkArtist
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
picked up all my ornaments today from Hallmark. they only thing that stinks right now is having to wait till I get a tree to hang them on. oh well with the way the days are flying by soon it will be Christmas.

jonthejedi
11-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Still haven't gotten Solo, yet, but picked up the others. Anybody buy Robby or the Twilight Zone TV...curious about those.

DarkArtist
11-02-2009, 11:20 AM
almost picked up the TV and the Christmas Vacation RV but didn't have the cash at the time.. hoping to pick them up a little later in the season maybe Black Friday..hopefully they will still be available by then

OC47150
11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm planning on getting the Christmas Vacation RV and Indy Jones ornaments.

Hallmark is handing out more coupons than usual. I have a $5 coupon which I'm going to use toward the landspeeder ornament.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I've noticed more coupons, too. And they used to be stingy with their offers. Ah, economic woes... :(

OC47150
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I've noticed more coupons, too. And they used to be stingy with their offers. Ah, economic woes... :(

I know. I was able to pick up the Theed generator ornament last month for $22.

OC47150
11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Kohl's had Hallmark ornaments on sale on Black Friday, 20 percent off. With that and a 15 percent off coupon, I was able to pick up the last two SW ornaments I needed.

I have a $5 coupon from Hallmark so I'm gonna get Indy Jones here real soon.

tagmac
12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
almost picked up the TV and the Christmas Vacation RV but didn't have the cash at the time.. hoping to pick them up a little later in the season maybe Black Friday..hopefully they will still be available by then

Unlike the ridiculous fake voice overs they had for their past "A christmas Story" ornaments, the RV has actual lines from the movie!

OC47150
12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Unlike the ridiculous fake voice overs they had for their past "A christmas Story" ornaments, the RV has actual lines from the movie!

I thought the ACS voice overs was pretty lame on Hallmark's part.

pbarnard
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v521/pbarny/2009%20Christmas/

My little collection of ornaments, Holiday Figures and Customs, and other things.

tagmac
12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I thought the ACS voice overs was pretty lame on Hallmark's part.

The Peanuts ones are also pretty bad. You'd think they'd have been able to use the actual footage from the cartoons, but instead we get equally lame "copies."

OC47150
12-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Of all the ornaments to sell out, it's the Christmas Vacation Cousin Eddie RV.

I'm so mad at myself for missing it.

2-1B
12-24-2009, 10:34 AM
I bought 4 of the RV when I saw it, 3 for gifts and 1 for me...no way I was missing that!!! :)

I got Greedo this year from St. Nick...he's really cool. He's currently in the "Twisted Figure Theater (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=710817#post710817)" thread, holding up a Wise Man for his bounty.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Here's my SW mini tree (didn't put one up last year; some of the '08 ornaments hadn't even been unbagged yet). Stats for you: 55 total ornaments are on it, from 42 different sets, and I did not put up 6 other ornaments (from 5 different sets, all were already up on the tree in some other version of that ornament). From some online browsing, I have many other Hallmark ornaments I never bought (and in seeing them, now I remember why I passed on some of 'em).

Ji'dai
12-24-2009, 07:56 PM
I waited too long on the Christmas Vacation RV too, as well as Anakin and Ahsoka.

The Duel with Darth Maul is a major shelf-warmer as well as (surprisingly) the Indiana Jones "Retrieving the Idol." I bought that one early on. The Landspeeder is also still available here.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2009, 02:16 PM
To solve the issue of "who shot first?" on my tree, I simply made it a Corellian Fair Fight; Han shot TWICE! :p

Okay, with next year being the 30th anniversary of ESB, what needs to be a HM ornament next year? For me:

- snowtrooper :thumbsup:
- ANY Lando (c'mon Hallmark! :mad: )
- tauntaun (could be a mini set with probot and Hoth Han and Luke rider)
- snowspeeder
- Cloud City (Lobot, Cloud Car, carbonite Han, Bespin Leia) stuff
- Yoda with sound

wampaslayr
12-25-2009, 03:33 PM
To solve the issue of "who shot first?" on my tree, I simply made it a Corellian Fair Fight; Han shot TWICE! :p

Okay, with next year being the 30th anniversary of ESB, what needs to be a HM ornament next year? For me:

- snowtrooper :thumbsup:
- ANY Lando (c'mon Hallmark! :mad: )
- tauntaun (could be a mini set with probot and Hoth Han and Luke rider)
- snowspeeder
- Cloud City (Lobot, Cloud Car, carbonite Han, Bespin Leia) stuff
- Yoda with sound

You will get your wish on two of the items. Hallmark previewed the SW 2010 ornaments at ComicCon and Lando and the Snowspeeder are guaranteed for next Christmas. There is also a Darth Vader speaking with the holographic Emperor and I think Luke in his pilot outfit. There will also be CW minis (Obi and Rex - I think).

OC47150
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I waited too long on the Christmas Vacation RV too, as well as Anakin and Ahsoka.

The Duel with Darth Maul is a major shelf-warmer as well as (surprisingly) the Indiana Jones "Retrieving the Idol." I bought that one early on. The Landspeeder is also still available here.

I went out Saturday morning and saw an abundance of landspeeder and Indy ornaments.

Money was a little tighter for me this year. Thank goodness for the Hallmark coupons. I used the last one I had to pick up Indy Jones.

Carlton Cards does ornaments, too, and I've collected the I Love Lucy ornaments for several years. This year's ornament was $33, and I only found it at the Carlton store. In the past, I've found it at Meijer or Kohl's and was able to pick it up on sale, but not this year. I had real reservations about paying $33 for a single ornament.

jonthejedi
12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Got the ones I wanted at full price(the OZ ones as well for my wife) pre-X-mas...but my two Hallmark stores are cleaned out of almost every character & light & sound orn. they had this year...I really wanted Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet, though.

Jayspawn
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Heading out to my Hallmark to see what the clearance leftovers offer.

DarkArtist
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
so i just took down my Christmas Tree and put everything away till next December but I was thinking...looking at all the Star Wars ornaments for Christmas I realized we need some updates:

Electronic Lightsaber Duel Ornaments:

ANH : Old Ben vs Vader (not one yet) just 2 stand alone character ones i believe
ESB : Luke vs Vader....true we have a few but they could use an update similiar to the set this year of TPM Obi Wan / Qui Gon vs Darth Maul
AOTC: Anakin / Obi vs Count Dooku

these are just a few off my head but perhaps making a ask Hallmark Thread might spawn more ideas

OC47150
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I like the idea of duel-themed ornaments. But Hallmark, please include the batteries!!! :yes:

I think there are some obvious characters that have been overlooked who need to be made into an ornament. Like Lando. I would prefer to see a Lando than another Vader. Vader's been produced four or five times.

Being ESB's 30th anniversary, I could see a couple of ESB-themed ornaments, like a snowspeeder, tauntaun or a cloud car.

But we'll know in March!

LTBasker
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Hallmark always seems to include the batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, here's the link from earlier in the thread that showed off this year's SW ornaments: http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Comic-Con/Comic-Con_2009/Comic-Con_2009_164.jpg

Darth Jax
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
i don't much like the duel or multi-figure ornaments. i prefer single figures. waited until the weekend to pick up the theed duel on clearance (got all the others on release weekends)

OC47150
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Hallmark always seems to include the batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Duel of the Fates ornament didn't come with batteries, and for $27, it should've.

Darth Duranium
02-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Besides the 2009 Enterprise, we're getting a Snowspeeder this year. I'm not overwhelmed but I'm glad they're throwin' the ship collectors a couple of bones. I was hoping for a Twilight or SSD.

The rest are here:

http://dcswcc.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9

Hope it's magic.

pbarnard
02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
That Luke is so goofy looking I'm going to have to pass on him. I'll pick up the Snowspeeder and Lando.

2-1B
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I want Lando and the Fett/Carbonite ornaments, for sure!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't care if they looked terrible, a Lando or Carbon Freeze Chamber anythign will end up in my basket (do Hallmark stores even have baskets?). The Snowspeeder's a :thumbsup: too!

OC47150
02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Hallmark needs to do the ROTJ lunchbox. It's loooong overdue.

Thanks for the pix! I'm taking it the Lando ornament will be the preview weekend exclusive?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Hallmark needs to do the ROTJ lunchbox. It's loooong overdue.

Thanks for the pix! I'm taking it the Lando ornament will be the preview weekend exclusive?Do you mean "re-do" the ROJ mini lunchbox? I seem to recall seeing such an item on online auctions.

I got the mailer in the, well, mail, today for the July 10-11 weekend. It does show Lando as the limited edition (why? he would sell quite well as a "regular" ornament :upset: ).

[edit]Doing a quick check shows the mini lunchbox for ROJ, but not the mini ORNAMENT size one. A BSLOS for my error:

(insert virtually any Eminem lyric here; I shan't honor him nor dishonor these hallowed Forums by searching for a specific song)

OC47150
06-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Do you mean "re-do" the ROJ mini lunchbox? I seem to recall seeing such an item on online auctions.

I got the mailer in the, well, mail, today for the July 10-11 weekend. It does show Lando as the limited edition (why? he would sell quite well as a "regular" ornament :upset: ).

[edit]Doing a quick check shows the mini lunchbox for ROJ, but not the mini ORNAMENT size one. A BSLOS for my error:

(insert virtually any Eminem lyric here; I shan't honor him nor dishonor these hallowed Forums by searching for a specific song)

Right lunchbox, wrong size.

Hallmark did the classic ANH ornament in the Christmas line several years (at least 7 years now), and the ESB ornament as part of their Easter ornament a couple of years later. The ROTJ ornament hasn't been produced.

Lando seems like an odd choice.

ComicCon is doing an exclusive ornament set again this year: R-3PO and K-3PO. I'm sending $$$ with a buddy who's going.

OC47150
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
The catalog came today. Lando is the preview weekend exclusive. He's $14.95.

The Luke in snowspeeder gear looks good, as well as the snowspeeder and Vader/Emperor ornament. The Fett and carbonite Han look like minis (to me, at least). I expected a better pose with Fett (more along the lines of the maquette statue), but what can you do?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-18-2010, 04:35 PM
The mailer lists the following info:
- Boba Fett and Han Solo mini, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, set of two ornaments. Each approx. 2 1/2" H. $14.95
- limited quantity Lando Calrissian Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Special Edition 4" H. $14.95
- shows pictures of (but no details nor prices for) X-Wing Luke, This Scene Didn't Actually Occur This Way in 1980 Vader/Emperor, and Snowspeeder ornaments.

Why wasn't Luke in his SNOW outfit, like what would be seen in winter time? Still no SNOWtrooper figure? Or any other Rebel in SNOW gear? 'S NO reason for that! :confused: :mad:

TeeEye7
06-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Any preview of Lando? I've not yet been able to find a source.

Here's the exclusive ornament offerings for those headed to Comic-Con this year:

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/hallmark_comiccon2010/index.html

OC47150
06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I think a carbonite freezing chamber scene would've been a neat ornament. The snowspeeder is nice, but we got the speeder and AT-AT just a couple of years ago.

The Lando ornament is nice looking, TeeEye. A nice action pose with the cape.

Saw my buddy who's going to ComicCon yesterday and gave him money to pick up the two-pack there for me.

TeeEye7
06-20-2010, 03:00 PM
The Lando ornament is nice looking, TeeEye. A nice action pose with the cape.

Do you have a link? For whatever reason, I've come up empty.

OC47150
06-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Other than the Hallmark catalog, I haven't seen a pix online, but I will keep looking.

A.J.
06-21-2010, 09:13 AM

http://dcswcc.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9

TeeEye7
06-22-2010, 03:22 AM
A tip o' the hat to you, A.J.! Thanks!

Ol' smoothie looks cool as usual!

jonthejedi
06-22-2010, 04:40 AM
Sign up for a discount card, you'll always get the mailings AND discount coupons that now you can use towards ornaments.

TeeEye7
06-23-2010, 03:31 AM
My wife has been signed up for years but our Hallmark stores move, go out of business, etc. that I think we've been lost in the shuffle. Only once in a while do we get a catalog. Worth looking into again to get back on track. Thanks, Jon!

jonthejedi
07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I just had a local store fold not that long ago, too. I only have one close by...I'll be there next w/e.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
There used to be 5 stores, now it's down to just 3. The one closest to me has an odd owner; I've bought several ornaments from his shop, but not many lately. I plan to be at the shop that's gthe farthest from home by 9am next week. :thumbsup: I really just want Lando, because I'm sure he'll go quickly (as the limited quantity) and the others look like they'll shelf warm for a while. But I get extra points for buying Hallmark stuff that weekend.

Lord Malakite
07-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Last time I checked we had at least three Hallmark stores around me. Two of them are actually right across the street from each other. One is inside the traditional mall and the other is beside a Kroger store in one of those outdoor type strip malls.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Break out your sun chairs and sleeping bags to be in line for tomorrow's Ornament Premiere! :thumbsup: Max out those credit cards!

What?

tagmac
07-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Got my Lando, as well as the rest of the SW ornaments this morning (still disappointed there was no Snowtrooper). Looked like they had about a dozen of Calrissian. How did everyone else fare?

A.J.
07-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Grabbed Lando and a couple of Peanuts pieces. I'll pick up the rest of the SW later.

LTBasker
07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Managed to get everything I wanted, sans the Clone Wars pair that comes out in October. Got the last Lando, and someone apparently came in a few minutes later and asked if they had any. I felt pretty bad about that. So sick of this limited edition tripe, especially with main characters.

jonthejedi
07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Picked up Lando & Toto(too) for my wife who collects Oz...waiting on the rest till end of month. I liked Indy more in person.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I nabbed the one (Lando) I wanted to make sure I got, and added three others (for Hallmark Gold Crown points: Luke, Snowspeeder, Fett/Carbonite Han). I might go for the Indy, Troy Polamalu (but his hair should've been soft goods, not moldeled plastic :) ), or Emperor later.

the rest of the SW ornaments this morning (still disappointed there was no Snowtrooper).I've been seeking this one (really, ANY snow gear figure) for years, and have been disappointed for that same time period. :upset: Maybe someday... :tired:

Darth Jax
07-10-2010, 10:18 PM
picked up Lando and the mini Boba. Will wait on the others and pick up the mini CW figs in Oct. Most likely receive Luke and Snowspeeder for Xmas

OC47150
07-11-2010, 12:02 PM
My store opened a minute early. I walked right up to the counter, got Lando and left. In and out in about two minutes.

I'm curious to see if Hallmark sends out as many coupons this year as they did last year.

My plan is to purchase an ornament one a month.

TeeEye7
07-14-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't know if I've been a good boy or if Mrs. TI7 just took pity on me....

Living in the Great Imploding State of California, I've taken a pay cut and live in an area where our utility company has been allowed to triple rates, so money has been tight. I was happy waiting to just wait and see what might be left on clearance this year and take my chances with regards to Hallmark ornaments this year. Well.....

Mrs. TI7 surprised me with the Emperor/Vader, Fett/Han mini, ESB Luke, and Snowspeeder ornaments today! I was told this was part of my vacation fun (which starts next week) since this year's will be a very modest one...mainly a stay-at-home affair for the most part.

I think I'll keep her! :love:

jonthejedi
07-14-2010, 04:52 AM
You got that right...she is a keeper. My B-day is July 30th & I've dropped every hint about that Big mutha AT-AT I can...my wife says she's not buying me a toy...geez, even after I slipped in a desktop background of the thing with all the features arrowed all around.

TeeEye7
07-15-2010, 02:58 AM
I willing to bet you'll fall victim to the "Ralphie Maneuver".

Lulled into a sense of hopelessness but ended up with his Red Ryder BB gun anyway! ;)

Happy AT-AT to youuuuu......

jonthejedi
07-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah, except for the speech where she'll worry I'll put my son's eye out with the AT-AT's chin guns!

Darth Duranium
07-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Some Trek ornaments for 2011 here:

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-hallmarks-2011-star-trek-ornaments

Darth Duranium
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks to Steve and JT for all the SDCC Hallmark pics! Most appreciated! First I've seen anywhere!

So we're getting the Slave I again next year... this time in Boba colours. Looks ok but I'm not blown away by the paint apps. Hope it lights up, unlike the earlier Jango version. Maybe the engines?

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/hallmark/p34987-star-wars.html

I was hoping for a Twilight, Venator, or Acclamator but I guess we're just getting mostly ESB stuff. Harrumph.

The Han Shot First piece is kinda amusing to me.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/hallmark/p34988-star-wars.html

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Nice shots, SSG! :thumbsup: Is that first picture of something on Dagobah? I STILL want snow-related SW ornaments!!! :mad:

jonthejedi
07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Did anyone notice who bought His Master's Bidding Hallmark ornament that the sound chips(aaarrrgggghhh!) are in the wrong order, or is it just mine? The "he's just a boy" line seems to play last.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Haven't done more than open mine to ensure they're not broken or missing parts, so I can't say... and the fact that I didn't buy that one, too. I seem to recall that the older one where the Emperor spoke (the Death Star 2 ornament?), it wasn't in order of the film scenes either.

OC47150
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I find it interesting that Hallmark is revealing pix for next year's ornaments.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, haven't they had exclusive SDC-C ornaments the last two years? Why not preview next year's then. Or, it's just another we-will-NEVER-make-snow-themed-characters boast to irk me. :rolleyes:

Remember that years ending in 1 or 6 are the only years not to have a base 5 anniversary (10th/15th/20th, etc.), so 2011 (and 2016) would be slow ones for commemorative stuff:

___0 and ___5 (ESB, ROTS)
___2 and ___7 (AOTC, AHN)
___3 and ___8 (ROJ, CW)
___4 and ___9 (TPM)

OC47150
07-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, haven't they had exclusive SDC-C ornaments the last two years? Why not preview next year's then.

I'll write it off to creative marketing, but it's just unusual for Hallmark to show pix of ornaments nine months early.

I have to check the C5-exclusive ornaments out. I'll definitely be sending money for those.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Remeber :rolleyes: that Oct. 9-10 is the next ornament weekend! Yoda and Rex are in effect... available then.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Ba-bump!

What he [me] said above. :D Just a heads-up for this weekend.

TeeEye7
10-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Kay-wrap! Too much dinero went to buying uniform shirts yesterday! :mad:

LTBasker
10-08-2010, 03:09 PM
You might want to call and make sure your local stores will be doing it this weekend, my Mom gave ours a call to confirm their opening times and was told that there was confusion with their inventory shipment. So, we have to wait until next weekend for them to get all the October releases in. It's probably just an isolated incident, but I figure it never hurts to make sure.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I actually got a phone message this week from the store I got them from back in July, reminding me (and offering to hold stuff in their Wish List program). Thanks!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Picked up Yoda/Rex and Hair Polamalu today. The store decides NOW to start an ornament punch card program (buy 10, get money off later), after I bought four back in July. :upset:

LTBasker
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
That's interesting, the local one is doing the exact opposite as they're no longer considered a "Goldcrown" store. They'll still get all of the ornaments, but they won't be able to redeem points.

We ran by that store anyway to check up if they got any of their shipment, but nope, all of it's coming next week. On the brightside, though, the owner was there and she showed us a huge amount of surplus inventory she's been keeping spanning from recent years to the early 90's that they're clearing out. I was able to nab the Enterprise-D (1993)*, Klingon Bird of Prey (1994)**, Defiant (1997)*** and Space Shuttle (1995) for $5 a piece in brand new condition. Most of the boxes even look as fresh as this year's ornaments.

* - The one that I got back in '93 is missing the box but mostly fine, so am keeping this "new" one MIB.
** - A turrent broke on the original one.
*** - Wasn't able to afford a lot of ornaments from '96-98, and had to skip the Defiant. Now just need the Enterprise-E, Runabout and Vulcan ship.

Lord Malakite
10-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Hey LT, not to get off track from the SW ornaments, but did they happen to have any of the 3 Power Ranger Hallmark ornaments from a few years ago in that surplus inventory?

LTBasker
10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't remember seeing them, do you have pics?

Lord Malakite
10-11-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't remember seeing them, do you have pics?
Yeah, I have a few pics.

LTBasker
10-12-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't remember seeing them, but I'll take another look this weekend.

LTBasker
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Grah, the repainted SDCC ornaments were bad enough but this year they're using all new sculpts for their exclusive. IG-88 and Dengar. :\

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hallmark-unveils-plans-for-comic-con-2011-123231693.html

OC47150
06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
And my friend who's went to Comic Con for the last 5+ years isn't going this year!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
And this year's Hallmark Ornament opening weekend is July 16-17, with the SW Limited Quantity ornament as Bossk this year. He looks great, but I don't know if an armed, snarling, lizard alien is the best representation of the joy of the holidays. :rolleyes: The Yoda is also cool, I will definitely pass on Slave 1 (already have one), but wasn't there already a Han vs. Greedo cantina ornament made?

OC47150
06-29-2011, 07:02 PM
And this year's Hallmark Ornament opening weekend is July 16-17, with the SW Limited Quantity ornament as Bossk this year. He looks great, but I don't know if an armed, snarling, lizard alien is the best representation of the joy of the holidays. :rolleyes: The Yoda is also cool, I will definitely pass on Slave 1 (already have one), but wasn't there already a Han vs. Greedo cantina ornament made?

I wondered that, too, BC. It's nice to see minor characters turned into ornaments, but Bossk wouldn't have been my first choice.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Bossk does look very good; just not holiday-esque to me. I haven't tried out Yoda's phrases yet. The store where I went (I was out of town) had their opening at 6:00am. Really. I talked with a couple who drove 5 hours to get there at the start, because this one was the closest store to them. I felt guilty that back at home, I have at least three different stores within a 15-mile radius. I passed on the others (Han/Greedo, Slave1, Indy Jones, etc.); I'll see if they're still around after the Christmas sales begin, but if not, I will survive. :heyhey:

OC47150
07-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Personally, I'd rather seen Hallmark give us the ROTJ mini lunchbox ornament but Bossk isn't bad.

I will pick up the other ornaments in a timely fashion. I haven't bought all of them at once in quite some time. I also shop around; picked up more ornaments at Kohl's and their various sales last year than the Hallmark shop.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Hmm... my post re-enacted the ANH garbage masher scene... "I don't know... just... disappeared." :confused:

Again. I get extra Hallmark points for buying during the summer Ornament Premiere weekend, so I usually buy at least two (and decide if any remaining ones are purchase-worthy when the sales start). There's supposed to be a Darth Vader Lego figure ornament in the October release time; it looked cool.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2011, 09:04 AM
... buying during the summer Ornament Premiere weekend, so I usually buy at least two (and decide if any remaining ones are purchase-worthy when the sales start). There's supposed to be a Darth Vader Lego figure ornament in the October release time; it looked cool.And there is a Lego Darth! The Premiere weekend is 10/7-10/8. I'll be there, as easy as 1-2-3, Ben!

OC47150
09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I bought the Christmas Vacation ornament recently. There was only one on the shelf. Thought that was an omen.

Gonna pick up one of the SW ornaments during this weekend's showcase.

jonthejedi
10-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Definitely want the 20,000 leagues Nautilus.

OC47150
10-02-2011, 06:24 PM
The sale is next week. My mistake.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Today is now "next week." I'm really just looking for the Lego Vader, I think.

[edit] The only one I bought was that one. It's bigger than a standard Lego figure, of course, and doesn't have articulation, too. Cool.

LTBasker
10-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Picked up the LEGO Vader, Nautilus and the Limited Edition Pixar Lamp. I'm still incredibly stoked that they made the Nautilus, I've been wanting a model of it for a long time but as far as I know the only replica was uber-expensive studio scale model. They could've done a more worthwhile job on the box, though. The 20,000 Leagues logo is like a meager thumbnail that was randomly placed, and it just looks weird.

Aside from the horde of first-day ornaments from back in July that are in lay-away that we'll be getting out soon, that concludes this year's ornament grabs. The only thing that I wanted but didn't manage to get this year was the Bounty Hunter 2-pack at Comic Con, despite a friend's best efforts.

Anyone predicting what next year's selections will be for the Pixar and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation series? I'm hoping for Sully and Mike with Boo's door from the end of Monsters, Inc.; and Clark on the round sled.

OC47150
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I picked up the Lego Vader, as well. Nice ornament.

I used Kohl's Cash and coupon and got the Han/Greedo ornament for under $21.

OC47150
11-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Picked up the Slave 1 ornament at Kohl's for $18.14. Had $10 in Kohl's cash and a 15 percent coupon.

Found a light-up Yoda ornament at Target for $9 the other night. Target also has the usual selection of SW ornaments again this year.

Saw a couple of the cheaper/mass-marketed HM ornaments at Meijer, too. Looking for the clone one.

TeeEye7
11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Perused the ornaments for the first time this year while picking up a birthday card for my niece. Taking a chance on clearance this year...money is tighter than tight this year (fun, having taken a pay cut...). I was surprised and frankly disappointed at how small the Nautilus was.

OC47150
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I checked Amazon the other night just to see what prices were on some of the figures. Boy, the ComicCon ornament prices are ridiculous! $130+ for the San Diego and New York sets!

tagmac
05-02-2012, 07:38 PM
The new Star Wars ornament pics are up at Hallmark.com. Been looking around the Net, but no word on any first-day limited ornaments, at least not yet. The Han/Tauntaun looks awesome, but the Darth Maul looks too similar to the one released several years ago. And it looks like they simply reissued last year's LEGO Vader.

http://www.hallmark.com/product/keepsake-ornaments/star-wars

http://www.hallmark.com/Browse/Index?n=chmkvcusencontentkoc%23%23-1%23%23-1~~nf17||537461722057617273e284a2204c65676fc2ae&ctx=KOSearchProfile&pg=1&rpp=&sort=&k=&npath=keepsakes&availableLocation=Both

TeeEye7
05-03-2012, 11:55 PM
I think I'm liking the Gen. Grievous...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Finally! After all my rants over the years, they make a character in a SNOW outfit for a WINTER item. :D Yes, I'd go for four of the five (Han, TIE Interceptor, Griveous, Vader; Maul is meh to me).

tagmac
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Found out through some internet searching that the limited release ornament will be Momaw Nadon.

TeeEye7
06-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Decisions, decisions. Prices have escalated on ornaments and my salary has been steadily cut over the past three years that I can only treat myself to one. Hard decision. After-Christmas selection of ornaments has been all but nonexistent in recent years, to that's not much of an option for me, either. Release date is fast approaching and I need to make up my mind (missed out on everything last year).

OC47150
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I always try to get one a month, if possible, TeeEye. It's more affordable that way. As I've mentioned before, there are very few ornaments I get at the actual Hallmark shop. I've bought more at Kohl's than anyplace else. With the sales and stuff, they're pretty affordable.

Gonna try and get the Comic Con set this year. I have a friend who's attending this year.

TeeEye7
06-30-2012, 11:22 AM
It's just hard finding the funds (and justifying the expenditure) on the ornaments these days as I said above. Paying out of state college tuition for our son is also a factor in my economic profile these days. However, your suggestion of Kohl's is a good one, OC. I forget about them because the store is on the other side of town from me but we do manage to get out that way from time to time. I think it will be worth a look to see if their prices will be manageable. Thanks!

OC47150
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
However, your suggestion of Kohl's is a good one, OC. I forget about them because the store is on the other side of town from me but we do manage to get out that way from time to time. I think it will be worth a look to see if their prices will be manageable. Thanks!

The last couple of years, I've bought the more expensive (sound/light) ornaments at Kohl's. I've picked them up 25 percent or more off the regular price with the sales. That's a lot better deal than HM ever runs.

TeeEye7
06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I wasn't aware the discounts would be that good. It's definitely worth the look. Again, a very big THANKS!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2012, 11:11 PM
The store I'd been going to has closed, and it sort of reopened at a different mall (about the same distance from me, just the opposite direction; with some of the same people working). The store opens at 9am. The mall opens at 10am. Hmm. What to do?

OC47150
07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
The HM store I frequent the most will open at 9 a.m., even though the rest of the mall doesn't until 10 a.m. I'll be there when the door opens and march right up to the checkout counter, get Hammerhead and march right out!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll be there early tomorrow... reading to pass the time! :D At least, until the others show up and we can swap stories of collecting in a spirit of togetherness and fun. Then, the elbows come up, the brass knuckles get polished, and the chipstraps get buckled! ;)

TeeEye7
07-14-2012, 12:35 AM
Good luck on the hunt tomorrow! Take care, sirs! (and madams).

OC47150
07-14-2012, 06:44 AM
I'll be there early tomorrow... reading to pass the time! :D At least, until the others show up and we can swap stories of collecting in a spirit of togetherness and fun. Then, the elbows come up, the brass knuckles get polished, and the chipstraps get buckled! ;)

Don't knock over too many grannies, BC.

I'm heading out shortly and will stop at 9 a.m.