PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Hasbro! From the bottom of my heart!

RooJay
07-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Thank you for finally relinquishing the 12" Star Wars license to Sideshow Toys! You have my eternal gratitude for finally giving someone who knows how to make 1/6th scale figures a chance! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

To Hasbro! Best toy company in the world!

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 03:40 AM
HAHA, hopefully we will see some great 12 inch figures

Captain Spoon
07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I hope they start with OTC, I'm guessing the first 2 will be tatooine luke and Vader, I would rather see the line start out with a very nice detailed DS2 luke with removeable tunic and cloak also If you could undo part of the front of his shirt and fold it down ala post duel that would be sweet I'm sure these will rock I have the complete set of Mony Python Holy grail figures done by sideshow and they are excelent!!! Also my Mom collects the Buffy stuff from sideshow and they are very nice. they best thing about them is the clothing it has very nice detail. They do however need to take it easy with the releases, 1 every couple of months since they will be about $50

Ryno
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
I hope they don't do a Tatoonie Luke to start. What will that make then...5? '78, '96, the 100th figure and the OTC one.

Bacta Beast
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
It would make 1 decent one.
Great I just sold all my 12" stuff! Now they're going to make me want to start again! I hope we can afford these things. What do you guys think these will run? I'm not familar with thier stuff. $50 to $100 maybe?

DarkArtist
07-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Here's hoping that we finally get the 12" line we all deserve :D

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I was just coming into this section to post a similar thread. Having Sideshow take over the line is really awesome (did Lucasfilm strongarm Hasbro into doing this or was this Hasbro's choice, I wonder) and is going to make 12" Star Wars really mean something great again (hopefully). So, whether it was by choice or by force, kudos to Hasbro for stepping aside on the 12" line.

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I was just coming into this section to post a similar thread. Having Sideshow take over the line is really awesome (did Lucasfilm strongarm Hasbro into doing this or was this Hasbro's choice, I wonder) and is going to make 12" Star Wars really mean something great again (hopefully). So, whether it was by choice or by force, kudos to Hasbro for stepping aside on the 12" line.

You guys are really doin great, I know its funny to hear "hey, thanks for givin the 12" line to somebody else!" but really, it was a smart business move. Just focus now on your main Saga II line, keep crankin out the resculpts of characters we love or have never gotten, and let Sideshow take care of the 12". Thanks, and heres to hoping we have a great year in 06!! :D :D

RooJay
07-17-2005, 10:29 PM
It would make 1 decent one.
Great I just sold all my 12" stuff! Now they're going to make me want to start again! I hope we can afford these things. What do you guys think these will run? I'm not familar with thier stuff. $50 to $100 maybe?

Sideshow's 1/6th scale stuff tends to run in the $40-45 range, but there are plenty of online retailers that regularly sell their stuff at around $35. They're all well worth the price - in general Sideshow's toys truly are works of art! Rest assured that when the SW stuff is released they will be the 12" SW toys we've always wished for.

El Chuxter
07-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I smell a "Dear Sideshow" forum starting up soon. :)

Darth Cruel
07-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Sideshow already has a forum.

My kudos as well, Hasbro! You guys were lousy with the 12" line and this is the best thing you could have done with it (get rid of it, I mean. It is yet to be seen how SS will treat the line and everyone knows how much Kryart rocks with their customs!). Now all you need to do is give up the 3 3/4" line to someone else as well!

RooJay
07-20-2005, 02:15 AM
I smell a "Dear Sideshow" forum starting up soon. :)

In honor of that post, may I present the first official SSG Sideshow Star Wars want list!:

Episode 3 Obi-Wan
Darth Maul
Jedi Luke (with an outfit that lets him stand in as Jedi Luke from any scene in the movie!)
Episode 4 Han Solo
Bespin Han Solo
Bespin Luke
13" Darth Vader
Mace Windu
Ki-Adi Mundi
Plo Koon
Kit Fisto
Episode 5 Boba Fett
Episode 4 Obi-Wan
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Imperial Stormtrooper
Republic Clone Trooper
Commander Cody
14" Chewbacca (or other appropriately scaled size)
Count Dooku
General Lando

In no particular order. That'll do for starters. :D

El Chuxter
07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
If they can make good female figures, I'll take an Aayla and a new Slave Leia and Barriss Offee. :kiss::beard:

RooJay
07-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I'd say that's been Sideshow's one failing as far as figures go - their female figures have been kind of hit and miss. They have greatly improved upon them with the recent Buffy line, however. I would hope the female Star Wars characters would lean more towards the Buffy figures in terms of execution rather than say some of the Bond females or that wretched, hideous Anna Valerious figure from their Van Helsing line.

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
In honor of that post, may I present the first official SSG Sideshow Star Wars want list!:

Episode 3 Obi-Wan
Darth Maul
Jedi Luke (with an outfit that lets him stand in as Jedi Luke from any scene in the movie!)
Episode 4 Han Solo
Bespin Han Solo
Bespin Luke
13" Darth Vader
Mace Windu
Ki-Adi Mundi
Plo Koon
Kit Fisto
Episode 5 Boba Fett
Episode 4 Obi-Wan
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Imperial Stormtrooper
Republic Clone Trooper
Commander Cody
14" Chewbacca (or other appropriately scaled size)
Count Dooku
General Lando

In no particular order. That'll do for starters. :D

Def. a great list. The Jedi Luke would have big shoes to fill/beat, check out Medicom's Jedi Luke they did. Its really a work of art. Im def. gonna grab that. :D