PDA

View Full Version : Ask Jude Watson: an exclusive SSG interview with famed Star Wars author!

Tycho
07-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Post your questions for author Jude Watson in a thread here. In a soon to be announced later date, I will be doing an online interview with Jude Watson for SirStevesGuide.com with the help of Scholastic Books.

If you are a fan of:

Jedi Apprentice (and the adventures of young Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Jedi Quest (and the adventures of young Anakin Skywalker)

or if you are just getting into

The Last of the Jedi - the tales being told after Revenge of the Sith

now is your chance to ask fan-favorite author Jude Watson your questions.

Mrs. Watson does not do convention appearances and it is a very rare opportunity to get to converse with her.

We start this thread with special thanks to Scholastic Books for providing us with this opportunity and possibly having a representative read or participate in our Star Wars books forum.

Please post your questions.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Moderator: "Yes, the blue-robed Jedi in the back."
Bel-Cam: "Thank you. Ms. Watson, Bel-Cam Jos of the Sir Steve's Guide.com site. Um, now that the six Star Wars films have been completed, are there still any areas that George Lucas considers off-limits for novels?" (sits down)
Watson: "Brilliant question, Mr. Jos! Here's a 15-book deal with Lucasbooks for your insight!"
Bel-Cam: "Sweet..."

InsaneJediGirl
07-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Wonder if its too late to post a question,but here it goes :D

1) Are there any more plans for Jedi Apprentice era books?Perhaps find a way to fill in or a Qui-Gon/Dooku style.

2)Will the Last of the Jedi series lead up to ANH,or just show us a small glipse into Obi-Wans life on Tatooine and his adventures beyond?

3)Are there any plans to do a Young Jedi Knights style series for Ben Skywalker in the future?

El Chuxter
07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
I'd like to know if she might tackle an "adult" book in the future. Or maybe "Young Princess Leia."

Of course, you could ask her how she keeps her breath minty fresh, but I doubt that would go over well.

InsaneJediGirl
07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Listerine breath strips :)

Good idea asking about "adult" books Chux.I had thought of it before but of course,being insane it slipped my mind ;-)

Tycho
11-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Well, did anyone read my interview? Were you interested in Ms. Watson's answers to my questions? How did I do?

She was very light and fun with her answers in my opinion and she seems younger than I thought she was before. But maybe not THAT young. She's a Han Solo fan and that sounds like a lot of us 20-30 somethings that loved TOT. Count Dooku seemed to interest her too. Siri was her favorite character she created which offers some insight in perhaps how she'd see herself as she'd fit into the Jedi Order if she lived in that universe she got to play in. And she was right: Didi and Astri Odo (Dex's Diner's former owners) were loveable fan-favorites.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Well, did anyone read my interview?

But maybe not THAT young. She's a Han Solo fan and that sounds like a lot of us 20-30 somethings that loved TOT.Where is this interview located? And what is a TOT (please don't say it's a tiny potato cake... :rolleyes: )? I'd like to read it, and right now I am too lazy to go searching for it... :tired: ;)

Tycho
11-03-2005, 09:27 AM
The main page. How many SSGrs never go there anymore?

The Original Trilogy or "Tot" - Darth Tater before he fell into the frier.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-03-2005, 12:06 PM
I've not read it yet, but I'm going to check it out now. :)

2-1B
11-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Why doesn't she do convention appearances ?

Tycho
11-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't know but in the interview it said she might in the future: "We'll see." I heard rumors about her having a sick or very young child. But hey, she'd have a great time hanging out with all of us!

El Chuxter
11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Only one complaint, Tycho: this was too short! :)

Great job. There's actually a lot more info herein than in most interviews I read nowadays. Kudos to you. (I hope you like granola bars dipped in bland chocolate! :p)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM

The Original Trilogy or "Tot" - Darth Tater before he fell into the frier.:thumbsup:When I logged on, it wasn't there, but today, it was! It was... soap... poisoning... (whoops! wrong movie... :rolleyes: ). Great interview, especially since you, like, used my question, and she was all, answering it and everything. Dude! ;)

InsaneJediGirl
11-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Great interview :) Got a lot more information out of her than most other sites do. Nice to see some questions finally answered.

I'm with Chux though,way too short :D

bobafrett
11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm sorry if I didn't get this, but is your interview posted somewhere? I thought I read about it on the home page, but wanted to ask before I forgot. I'm old and senial.

Tycho
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes it's on the homepage.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Yes it's on the homepage.I see your avatar with his hand on his head saying these, with a sigh. :sleeping: But, on the main banners underneath the SSG logo, there's a link that says something like "Interview With Famous SW Author Jude Watson" over the cover of one of her books, I think.

I wonder if the interview was "too short" because when Tycho asked us for questions to ask her, we only provided a few. Could it be that we must blame OURSELVES? That we must take responsibility for our own shortcomings? Huh? HUH?!? Could this be the basic solution to all of the world's problems; owning up to our own sense of personal accountability? :confused:

Nah. Let's just point fingers at other people. :p
hee hee!

xanDecrion
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
As a fan of the Jedi Apprentice series, I have always wondered if she plans to expound on Xanatos, perhaps in a pre-series based on Qui-Gon and Xanatos's trials and adventures as master/padawan, liken to The JA series.

I think Xanatos is an amazing character, and a series based around young-master Qui-Gon would give us a different look to his personality, before Xanatos betrayed him.

Tycho
11-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Good idea. I think it would play out a lot like the Jedi Quest series though. Anakin was a troubled apprentice, too. What would be interesting though is Qui-Gon attempting to be a better (more loved) master than Dooku was to him.

Rogue II
11-29-2005, 04:33 PM
My favorite was

Now that the six Star Wars films have been completed, are there still any areas that George Lucas considers off-limits for novels?

We work very carefully with the people at Lucasfilm licensing to make sure we’re working within the parameters George feels comfortable with. It’s a great creative collaboration because they welcome any crazy idea you bring to the table. I wouldn’t say that George considers anything “off-limits” in that sense-- it just shouldn’t conflict with what he created in the first place.

No, George keeps the creation of conflicts within his stories to himself. :D