PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro will drop the Micro Line......AGAIN!

StarmanSkywalker
07-15-2005, 05:36 AM
It had been announced in the latest Rebelscum Q&A that apart from the UNLEASHED 7" Line and the Micro Line every line would continue next year (including Attacktix BS!).

That leaves us fans of the good old Micro Machines even in a worse situation. They've promised us a return of the Micro Line THREE TIMES BEFORE and so far the only thing we got were CHEAP, MOSTLY REHASHED MOLDS, LIMITED TO ONE FRIGGIN' RETAILER- TARGET!

No wonder these didn't sell. Hasbro AGAIN started out with OT rehashes, it was not until a third wave to finally consist of ROTS vehicles.

Can't they just stop screwing around with this line and PASS IT ON to another COMPANY that knows how to do things right?
Any suggestions? Which company is capable of Micro Machines and Action Fleet (and DIE-Casts) that can produce toys kids and retailer friendly and that would make it into every retailer.....I know, GALOOB, but they are gone, sadly. Name some alternatives that featured something similar.

AndyW
07-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Its hardly surprising, they never seemed to go at this line with any gusto, unlike the titaniums which they are putting a fair bit of effort into.

At least we have the Star Wars mini's from TOMY, with Wave 2 coming soon lets hope they continue with that.

Jangu Fett
07-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Rebelscum is saying the micro line is canceled? That pretty interesting seeing that Galactichunter is saying there will be more. Who do we believe? And was it Hasbro who said this or just that guy who answers questions over at rebelscum? I thought Hasbro Q&A wasn't till Sunday.

Scroll down to the exclusives and read. Here (http://www.galactichunter.com/sdcomiccon05/hasbro.asp) This says that " more micros are coming "

StarmanSkywalker
07-15-2005, 08:58 AM
"Question Mark Comic Con ’05 Hasbro Edition

Well, it was short visit for me but I did get a chance to speak with several people in the Hasbro booth and get a few of my own questions answered for a change. I want to thank everyone at Hasbro for another great Comic Con experience, I hope the rest of the year goes as well for you as the last couple months.

In taking the Titanium Series to the general market next year, what are the chances we’ll see some of this year’s exclusive product re-released? In particular the Wave 1 vehicles which many collectors had trouble finding.

Most likely any re-released vehicles will feature a deco change before they’re put back out in their original form. There’s always the chance that some could be re-issued in new packaging later in 2006.

We know Wal*Marts Titanium Series is going to general distribution next year, are there any future plans for Target’s Micro Vehicle line beyond 2005?

At this point there are no plans to go forward with Target’s Micro Vehicle line beyond what’s currently been announced, although that could always change. The Episode III sets and the Turbo Tank Battle set should round out the collection for now.

We’ve heard the 12” line is finished, the Unleashed line is undergoing some significant changes; are there any other lines that will not be making a return next year?

At this point it looks like all the other lines (with the exception of the Micro Vehicles) will return in 2006. Attacktix, Force Battlers, and Jedi Force (most likely) will be back. [Note: no Playskool items were shown at Comic Con, and no representatives from that division were in attendance.

So it seems the will be continuing the Titanium Series but kill of the Micro Line (again). If they don't have any plans at the moment, Captain Subtext answer would usually be "No.".

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Isn't the Titanium line Micro?

StarmanSkywalker
07-15-2005, 01:58 PM
They are connected....but at the same time different lines. I would say no.

Kidhuman
07-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I understand, the plastic line isnt selling well here, but Titaniums are flying off the shelf. They are far superior than the Target exclusives, so I am happy that they ended that line. As long as Titaniums live on, I will be happy.

StarmanSkywalker
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
If only the Titaniums included Micro Machines figurines and if Hasbro would feature playsets with this line....

AndyW
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I've said this in other threads before, I'm very happy with what I've seen of the Titaniums, and am very much looking forward to getting my hands on them. The packaging looks great, the ships themselves look great. I'd say we'll certainly have these for at least another year.

The Microline, well, I think we all know hasbro's 'heart' just wasn't in it, no effort at all to get these sold. The packing looks nice, and this new wave of ships look pretty good, but they just aren't putting the effort in like they have been with the Titaniums, and this is what happens. Like kid human, I can't say that I'm upset, aslong as I get this new and final wave of micro's and that the Titaniums keep coming, I'm happy.

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Andy's point about Hasbro's heart not being in the Micro line is dead-on, although the line seems to be selling fairly well for Target (they move a lot faster than I ever expected), the sculpting really isn't "there" and the micro figures aren't half the product the Galoob ones were. Also, being in the same scale as the Titaniums line may make it cheaper to recycle the molds (Hasbro is big on their molds getting a lot of value for them, which is apparently why the last wave of TPM and Saga Action Fleet both never got released) but ultimately it's a waste of time to buy the plastic Micro Vehicles version with its inferior paint, features, and packaging when the Titaniums version is coming soon.

Target may be partly to blame for this too, they are very gunshy about exclusives and will dump them at the drop of a hat ever since the 12" SW debacle a while back, so orders may have been kept very low to accomodate the big red bullseye.

shinakuma43
07-15-2005, 08:34 PM
I was getting a little worried, the Titaniums just started and I thought they would be canceled now too. I was having visions of the Jedi Starfighter AF wave, thinking they were coming out only to have them canceled and never released. I was not impressed at all with the Target painted X-Rays, so I'm not upset that they were canceled. I would like to see more playsets though, even though I haven't picked up the others yet. I'm glad at least the Titaniums seem to be coming along. Hopefully the 6" Die Cast line gets released soon and hopefully they are nice. I'd love to see Action Fleet come back since it is the best toy line ever (at least when Galoob was in control, but it was still acceptable when Hasbro did them).

Later,
S43

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-16-2005, 08:44 AM
This is hardly shocking anymore considering what we saw happen in each successive movie starting with the Phantom Menace. I honestly think that the Micro Vehicles did rather well at my area Targets, most of them are gone now and they didn't linger on the shelves as long as the ones produced for Attack of the Clones. Also quite popular around here are the transforming playsets (Tantive IV)--they cannot stay on the shelves for long and the Titanium Series is AWOL at my local Wal-Marts. I was just happy to get a taste of them again after seeing the line cancelled before.

And my guess is, somewhere down the line, some company will pick up the slack and produce a series of Micros that will harken back to the glory days of Galoob in the mid to late 90's. It may not be for some time, but I will hold out hope that they will.