PDA

View Full Version : Why are the new POTJ figures.....

DahrJin
01-14-2002, 03:30 PM
...so hard to find?:mad:

I usually have had good luck finding the POTJ I want, but these figures just seem so impossible to find. Every store I go to on a run has vast amounts of figures, but they are all older REPACKED figures. Duros wave, Plo Koon wave and the Lando plus the once elusive R2-Q5 waves just warming the pegs.

Is the lack of new figures due to the warming of the pegs by these figures?

At any given time I can waltz into any local Target, Wal-Mart or TRU and find anywhere from 6 - 8 of many of the older figures mentioned, but have yet to see even the leftovers from either new wave. I haven't even seen the 25th anniversary figs either.

I even looked at an online toy dealer and this is what I found:

Imp. Officer $15.00 (sold out)
Reb. Trooper $15.00 (sold out)
Eeth Koth $20.00 (sold out)

Plus, shipping depends on the amount of purchase(if they had them in stock that is):confused:

No friggin way am I going to spend over $50.00 for three figures. I guess I'll just wait and see if Hasbro decides to REPACK these new figures soon.:cry:

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 03:39 PM
I have said this before in an earlier forum. The same thing happened back in Late 1998/early 1999. Hasbro stopped producing a lot of its figures to help speed up production on the Episode I figures. That is why we see Wampa w/Luke, Han w/Tauntaun, the Zuckuss wave, and the EU wave as some of the harder items to get. While you can still find them you have to pay a higher price because demand is very high for these limited figures.

I have had the same luck this year with the new Zutton/FX-7 wave. I know they have only been out about two months, but my area still hasn't seen any of them. Hopefully I'll be able to get them and the next POTJ wave before the Episode II stuff hits. I don't want to have to pay high prices for these guys.

LTBasker
01-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Hasbro has made the mistake of releasing figures without alot of interest because they're mostly "scene specific" which means basically they're statues with basic articulation with maybe a couple extra points but usually they are limited to movement due their pre-poses and badly done plastic robes. Plus they usually come with not enough or not the right accessories. So with Hasbro doing this, it's slowed down the sales of alot of figures and they end up sitting and sitting and then when stores get new cases in, those same figures end up being re-packs because they were supposedly on "high demand" and they end up sitting again so then the stores get cautious about the figures and don't want to take the chance of it happening again with other figures so they don't order anything. Not too mention the fact that Hasbro's shipping plan is just ship what ya have, when ya have it so even if stores ordered more, they'd get the older stock which would be the same figures and the new stock would just sit at Hasbro's warehouse and not get shipped out. Genius huh?

sith_killer_99
01-14-2002, 07:19 PM
SithDroid is right.

Hasbro does this all the time.:rolleyes:

Later figs in a line are always the hardest to find.;)

Look at the following:

Coll. 3 Freeze Frame

Sio Bibble wave EP1

Motti/Leia wave CT POTF

Aunt Beru wave Flashback

Darktrooper wave Expanded Universe

and on and on and on.

jawa9
01-14-2002, 08:49 PM
I have to agree with most of these thoughts. I also am a firm believer that the retail stores know that a new line of figures (Episode II) is coming, and they don't order as much product to avoid the chance of getting stuck with them.

The other side of the theory is Hasbro can't produce a large volume of the "current" figures because of MASSIVE production of the new line. And I'm sure they will overproduce this line just like they did with Ep 1. I mean it would be devastating to Hasbro if an 8 year old boy (seeing Star Wars for the first time) can't find that new (insert choice name here) figure that is pictured on the back of the cards of the pegwarmers. It sure happened to me last year. And I'm not 8 years old, I'm MUCH older.

Hasbro also needs to understand that you should NEVER pack only one of any figure in a case unless they have proof that the market is ALREADY oversaturated with that figure. And even then it could cause mass pegwarmer plague (Nute Gunray).

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 09:26 PM
My point exactly jawa9. That's what I said earlier.

Jayspawn
01-14-2002, 11:05 PM
I think the stores will probably catch up at some point. For now we're stuck with a bunch of DAMN KETWOLS! *

*I do not have anything against Ketwol. He's a cool toy. There's just too many of them!**

** Why can't there be as many COMMTECH Stormtroopers or Imperial Officers as there are Ketwols?

Dark Knight
01-15-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I think the stores will probably catch up at some point. For now we're stuck with a bunch of DAMN KETWOLS! *

*I do not have anything against Ketwol. He's a cool toy. There's just too many of them!**

** Why can't there be as many COMMTECH Stormtroopers or Imperial Officers as there are Ketwols?

Yea, I agree. I sick of those ketwols. Where are my R2-Q5's, Rebel troopers, and everything else new.

:frus: :evil: :frus: