PDA

View Full Version : Lando Skiff Guard Mini Bust

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 05:25 PM
More images from the SDCC. Looks like we're getting a Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise Mini Bust. This one looks amazing, what detail. I'd imagine the helmet comes off too. This Mini Bust is going to look great sitting next to the Gamorrean Guard. :cool:

These pics were posted over at GH but I figured most of you guys would like a look too so here ya go. :)

Jayspawn
07-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Looks great, but I'm kind of dissapointed. I'd rather have a standard Lando bust before the Skiff Guard.

bobafrett
07-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Now I like the Lando in the Skiff Guard disguise. At least he has a cool weapon, and the helmet. I would rather have that then a Stormtrooper blaster, and flowing blue cape.

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Yes, I saw this bust at the Con as well. It looks very nice. Doesn't look to much like Billy though. Funny how it wasn't mentioned anywhere else. So when do you all think Lando will released? Probably around 08 right? I mean GG is so bad with their release date, I don't know how they stay in business or keep the SW line going.

When I was there, I saw a few things I didn't know they were making,

Chrome Vader statue
Boba Statue
Maul Statue (F ing Awesome people!!!!!)
some other lines.

Jayspawn
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM
I think from the pictures it does, but they dont show a lot of his face. Still a great looking bust anyways, I'll get one.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Looks pretty cool to me. I'd say it looks like Lando from what I can tell.

Jaster
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
I thought the likeness was pretty on the spot as far as I could tell, the detail is amazing as always.

As far as GG staying on schedule, I think it's a classic case of bitting of more than you can chew. In trying to meet custer demand for new bust they just over did it, consider how many upcoming bust they have that are all due this year- Leia, Han, both Sandtroopers, ESB Yoda, and ROTS Vader. Add to that the full size statues, bust-ups (both Simpsons and SW), and the launching of four major properties (harry potter, Death jr., batttle of the titans and the coprse bride....and well you get the picture. I don't mind the downtime to be honest, just gives me more time to save up for all this new stuff.

TatooineQueenPLJ
08-08-2005, 12:37 PM
After getting my Boussh Leia, I soooo can't wait to get this Lando to go beside her! He looks awesome! I'm happy to see that GG is at least working on giving us a broad spectrum of characters and that they're not only doing the same 3 characters over and over again.

nash
08-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Why does GG make mostly OT stuff for the mini busts? Where are the PT mini busts or will we ever see them? ie. maul, greivous, battle droids, ROTS clones, Qui Gon, sith anakin... any news on this?

Jayspawn
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I've been wondering the same thing nash. I've been saving those comment cards that come with GG products and sending them in suggesting they make Pre-Trilogy minibusts. Here's some suggestions I've made...

TPM- Darth Maul, JarJar Binks, Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn (he needs a bust badly!)
AOTC- Chancellor Palpatine!
ROTS- Darth Sidious, General Grevious, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Bail Organa, Evil Anakin and Clone Troopers!
ANH- Ben Kenobi, Chewbacca, Princess Leia
ESB- Lando Calrissian and Admiral Piette
ROTJ- Wicket and Royal Guard

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 02:19 PM
This one confuses me. I know there are a lot of Lando fans out there but I think there are a ton of bust that should have come before it in the OT and PT. BUT with that said it is a great looking one.. Now if we could get another Skiff Guard and Jedi Luke doing the salute it might make for a nice set up!

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 02:19 PM
WHOOPS. Double Post...

TatooineQueenPLJ
09-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't know, it makes sense to me on why they selected Lando in the skiff wear. They did the Gamorrean and Leia Boussh - Lando's just a third in the ROTJ Jabba's Palace line.

I'm actually very happy that they selected to create Lando relatively early in their overall line. So many other lines *cough*Hasbro-Unleashed*cough* completely forget about him.

The pictures of him are fantastic. I think he'll look amazing displayed next to Leia. I'm just happy he's coming out next year. I don't think my wallet could take more pre-orders for fall lol