PDA

View Full Version : The Saga Collection packaging!

Battle Droid
07-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this.

http://www.jedidefender.com//news/images/cc05dump/DSC08903.jpg

Slicker
07-15-2005, 07:10 PM
I like it alot. It's a good mix of the ROTS card and the OTC card. Very nice.

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2005, 07:15 PM
I like it too. Should make most of us carded collectors happy.

evenflow
07-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I like it, black looks good.

Battle Droid
07-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Battle of Carkoon Wave.

http://www.jedidefender.com//news/images/cc05dump/DSC08898.jpg

vadersvette
07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
The new packaging is kick @$$!!! GH has some pics of the new Saga2 figures, like the newly sculpted Bib Fortuna, Boushh Leia, and 'Melting' Carbonite Han!

EDIT: Oops, I posted the same time as you Battle Droid! Anyway, I really dig the stands that come with them. They have the Movie logo on the top and the character's name on the side! :cool:

evenflow
07-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Bib is looking good, much better than the first one they did. The carbonite is pretty cool as well.

Devo
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Excellant. Together with the EE astro droids announcement I'm in a better mood with Hasbro. Sometimes they don't screw it up. I like what I see here.

sease9
07-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow...very impressed!!! :greedy:

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I can't get JediDefender to load right now, but SSG has photos in here:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4032

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I like Boushh and the thawing Carbonite block. Bib is okay, but I'd rather had a new character like Hermi Oodle.

I don't really like the packaging. The top just looks bland and the trapezoidal edge is weird. Hopefully the bubbles have the same slim profile as the ROTS ones.

Kidhuman
07-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Awesome pics, I love these. New Bibs, Han and Leia Bouschhhhhhhchhshh. Sweet. Love the cardbacks

VaderhitsJarjar
07-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I like it!
I am so burned out from looking for Tarkin wave and pretty much anything new.

figrin bran
07-16-2005, 01:12 AM
i really like it!!! even a loose collector like me will be tempted to buy a few extras to keep carded!

Hellboy
07-16-2005, 01:26 AM
I like the basic design. They've retained the best aspects of the OTC line with the background picture and the black card so thats a plus. The only thing that worries me is with the rounded blister we'll probably end up with a card similar to the ROTS design with tape holding the blister on the cardback. That is one of the biggest downsides of the ROTS line if you're a carded collector IMO so hopefully that won't be the case with these. :neutral:

Slicker
07-16-2005, 01:32 AM
The only thing that worries me is with the rounded blister we'll probably end up with a card similar to the ROTS design with tape holding the blister on the cardback. That is one of the biggest downsides of the ROTS line if you're a carded collector IMO so hopefully that won't be the case with these. :neutral:That thought never even crossed my mind Hellboy. I would really hope that they don't tape the blister the card. That would really suck.

LTBasker
07-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I can't stand the packaging, the way the bubble goes all the way to the edges make it apparent they're definitely planning on using tape again. That mixed with the shape of the bubble makes it just worthless like the ROTS packaging, which I loathe.

Granted I hate the POTJ packaging but warmed up to it, then I hated the Saga packaging and then warmed up to it, I LOVED OTC's packaging...but ROTS I have yet to warm up to at all, the packaging is completely useless and looks like crap with all the tape over it.

I'm sorry, but going from the wonderful OTC packaging to the craptastic ROTS package was bad enough, but to keep up with the same mistake? That's just stupid. :rolleyes:

Granted the new figures look good, but I REALLY hate that packaging. Even with the ugly bubble, if they don't use tape I'll like it better than the ROTS packaging, but it's unlikely they'll use glue. Even though glue is best on two points- 1. it looks better than tape which Hasbro HUGELY screwed up with on the ROTS packaging and 2. it will hold longer and more securely in the long run.

It's hard to find a decent looking MOC ROTS figure, alot of them have a tape job like it was done by a rushed 2 year old.

ROTJLuke
07-16-2005, 03:22 AM
I personally really like the packaging, and it will look great with my momc carded figures! Im really excited for this :)

Fluke Skywalker
07-16-2005, 03:56 AM
I love so much about it that I'll happily not pick nits right now. Glad to see that they've dropped the "Static" stickers from inside the bubble. I've grown to like the "Rounded" bubbles a bit more, as they are less prone to being crushed than the square ones, at least in my experience. The tape... that's another matter but here to stay I'm afraid.

I love the figures and can't wait to see the follow-up Hoth wave. Does anybody know when these hit stores? Will they let the line chill for a few months after the last of the ROTS and debut these in '06? I hope not... I can't wait that long... I need some OT figures pronto!

ROTJLuke
07-16-2005, 02:30 PM
I love so much about it that I'll happily not pick nits right now. Glad to see that they've dropped the "Static" stickers from inside the bubble. I've grown to like the "Rounded" bubbles a bit more, as they are less prone to being crushed than the square ones, at least in my experience. The tape... that's another matter but here to stay I'm afraid.

I love the figures and can't wait to see the follow-up Hoth wave. Does anybody know when these hit stores? Will they let the line chill for a few months after the last of the ROTS and debut these in '06? I hope not... I can't wait that long... I need some OT figures pronto!

IM WITH YOU!!! :D :D :crazed: :) :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2005, 05:05 PM
The TSC packaging is pretty cool. I'm glad how they used the same basic ideas of the OTC card but changed it too. I like how the name is bigger, and there's a ROTS-style photo insert. I wonder what Tatooine/Mos Eisley figures we'll get with the sandtrooper? Hopefully some new Cantina goons! This would be a good time for those Tonnika Sisters they hinted at at CIII.

I love the new figures from what I see so far, but they could've made that Boushh helmet a little smaller.

plasticfetish
07-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't stand the packaging, the way the bubble goes all the way to the edges make it apparent they're definitely planning on using tape again. That mixed with the shape of the bubble makes it just worthless like the ROTS packaging, which I loathe.You know, I'm with you on the tape issue. I've seen only a few ROTS cards that were taped up neatly (where it wasn't a big mess), but the vast majority seem to be done in much the same way that my grandma tapes up a box before she mails it. ("Done with that one... need another roll of tape please.")

From what I saw at the Con, the new black and white Saga (Saga B/W) cards seem very nice. The bubble does go to the edge, and I'd bet for certain that it wraps around with tape on the back. :ermm:

On the good side, Hasbro said that this allows for a larger background image, which seems to be true. I think that part looks great. My other thought about this kind of bubble design, is that by eliminating the bottom card corners, collectors don't have to worry about hunting for a carded figure with four good corners.

I'm not sure that I'm wild about the beveled top corner idea -- I'd rather see rounded corners. It's just gonna be too hard to find 'em without dings or dents.

BoShek
07-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Finally a decent picture of Bib. Looks good.

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Im def. lovin all the figures Ive seen so far, and the waves sound promising as well. 06 is gonna be a great year, wether it be the year of my DSII Jedi Luke or not. :)

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Looks good Hasbro, but you know you coulds have saved a few bucks and just went with the 04 OTC cards and bubbles. It really is the best packaging you have put together. Sometime less is more. Too bad your retailers don't understand that.

We all should be happy that they didn't throw a florescent day glow pink or green on it to attract customers, because we all know the collector base is a very small % of their sales.:rolleyes:

plasticfetish
07-18-2005, 01:53 AM
because we all know the collector base is a very small % of their sales.:rolleyes:They know (and you should too) that they're pretty much doing this line for "us" from here on out -- 'til the next TV thing hits (in 2007) anyway.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2005, 11:03 AM
The packaging looks pretty good to me, though I'll be opening up all my stuff after the end of the ROTS line. Love that background action.

The cool part about this line--pack-in figure stands.

ROTJLuke
07-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Im excited about this line, and I cant wait to see what figures are annouced and their selection, because some of their lines are bland, and they leave grey areas. (i.e.Battle of the Death Star) is it both death stars, or just the first one?

TheDarthVader
07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I like the packaging. How about some new figures instead of a million resculpts? The resculpts look great, but I hate to keep buying three of one figure just because Hasbro keeps releasing a resculpt of it. These scupts are, of course, improvement. However, there are so many new characters from the six movies that they could give us.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
They know (and you should too) that they're pretty much doing this line for "us" from here on out -- 'til the next TV thing hits (in 2007) anyway.I know that you know that I was being sarcastic.

DarkArtist
07-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I love the packaging, I think it is a great combination of OTC and ROTS. Can't wait to see these on the shelves. 2006 is looking better and better by the minute. Too bad it's still a half a year away.

plasticfetish
07-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I know that you know that I was being sarcastic.Yeah... you know it and I know it, but any other time you'd never get Hasbro to admit it. As this point, they're pretty much just saying, "OK. You guys are buying all of this stuff... so here it is."

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I love the packaging, I think it is a great combination of OTC and ROTS. Can't wait to see these on the shelves. 2006 is looking better and better by the minute. Too bad it's still a half a year away.

I heavily agree with you DA! :D

jjreason
07-22-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm not blown away. I didn't see this stuff at Comic Con in person though, so it's hard to make up my mind based only on pics. I'll have to keep poking around, the only figures I've seen are the clean Sandtrooper and the Jabba's Palace wave. Is the Sandtrooper the POTJ one again, but clean?????

ROTJLuke
07-22-2005, 08:29 AM
no idea, but it looks good carded to me, being a carded collector! :)

Ric Olie
07-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I like the RotS and OTC packing seperately, but combined it just looks ugly. I doubt I'll be buying that many carded figures.