PDA

View Full Version : Stan Lee cameos

jlw
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I was just wondering if Stan Lee has a cameo in all of the Marvel movies? I've seen his cameos in Spiderman, Spiderman 2, the Hulk, and Fantastic Four. But I didn't catch any cameos in X-Men, X-Men 2, Daredevil, or Elektra; and I've never seen Punisher. So, did I just miss Stan the Man in these movies or what? Thanks.

JediTricks
07-15-2005, 11:05 PM
He didn't do cameos in any of the Blade movies, but he was in Daredevil apparently (I don't remember much about that movie m'self so I'm taking IMDB's word on that) and he definitely was in X-Men, he was selling hot dogs on the beach when Senator Goopy swam ashore.

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I believe in Daredevil he was a pedestrian who interacts with Matt Murdock at some point.
And I am pretty sure he is not in The Punisher...I could be wrong but I haven't seen any secondary characters that look like him in it.

JediTricks
07-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Ah, no, he's not, I forgot to mention that, IMDB has no credit for him there, nor X-Men 2.

Rocketboy
07-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Daredevil - He was the guy a young Matt Murdock stopped from walking into traffic with his cane.
X-Men - Hot dog vendor on the beach.
Fantastic Four - the mailman.
Hulk - Security guard (with Lou Ferrigno).
I forget exactly where he was in Spidey 1 and 2, but he was in there.

He was not in the Blade movies, Elektra, or The Punisher. So far, he's only been in the movies based on characters he actually created.

jlw
07-16-2005, 10:25 AM
In Spider-Man 1 Stan has a newspaper in front of his face and then drops it down just for a second. In Spider-Man 2 Stan pulls a woman out of the way when some debris falls on a car. This is the scene where Dr. Oc has Peter's aunt climbing up the building.

JediTricks
07-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't remember Stan's cameo in SM involving a newspaper. Stan is at the World Unity Festival, IIRC during the battle he spots Spidey.

darthvyn
07-17-2005, 10:48 PM
In Spider-Man 1 Stan has a newspaper in front of his face and then drops it down just for a second. In Spider-Man 2 Stan pulls a woman out of the way when some debris falls on a car. This is the scene where Dr. Oc has Peter's aunt climbing up the building.

yeah, i'm pretty sure you're confusing that with the DD scene, where he's reading a newspaper and matt stops him from walking off the curb with his cane.

jlw
07-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Ummm, you're probably right; good excuse to watch both of these movies again. By the way, I really liked the Daredevil movie. With Elektra being such a bomb of a movie is there any word of a Daredevil 2? And besides sequels to the Marvel movies already released; What is the next Marvel Universe movie rumored to be in production?

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2005, 08:01 AM
What is the next Marvel Universe movie rumored to be in production?
While Rocketboy can provide specifics, I know The Punisher 2 is well under way.

Freakin' sweet!

Rocketboy
07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
From what I could dig up:

Punisher 2 is in preproduction.
Jigsaw is the villain and it might be set in New York.
"I think there are movies that we should make hard, like the next Punisher’s going to be really not for the faint in heart." - Avi Arad.

X-Men 3 is filming in August I think.
No Nightcrawler - Alan Cumming is not returning
Kelsey Grammer is Beast
Vinnie Jones is Juggernaut
Kitty Pryde is being recast
It's just been announced that Ben Foster (Dave in The Punisher) will play Angel.

Spider-man 3 will start filming in January.
Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace have been cast. THC is definitely a villain.
Rumor says there could be FOUR villains.
Danny Elfman will not be scoring it.

Ghost Rider is filmed and in post-production.

Daredevil 2 is possible, but seems to be unlikely. Some are pushing for an adaption of the Kevin Smith storyline, "Guardian Devil." Plus, Affleck hasn't sounded too interested in doing another.

Also in the planing stages:
Wolverine
Magneto
Black Widow
Hulk 2 (apparently a lighter movie)
Deathlok
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Silver Surfer

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Hulk 2 (apparently a lighter movie)

Like ToyFare "Hulk pinch loaf in sink" light? :D

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Hasn't there been some talk of a Wonder Women movie?

2-1B
07-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Ben Foster is in X-Men 3 ? That's going to suck . . .

mabudonicus
07-19-2005, 08:14 AM
This here's a MARVEL thread, bub ;)
(couldn't resist, sorry, 'tis a debate for the ages to be sure though , Marvel vs DC :beard: )
Spiderman- he grabs a little girl out of the way as the platform with Mary Jane falls and yells "look out" or some such thing- there is a hilarious bit about that scene on the interview with Kevin Smith- about how Stan was originally suppoed to scoop the little girl up and run to safety with her, but when they were shooting,Stan was having troubles picking her up and after a bunch of failed takes Raimi said something to the effect of "unless we want this to be a miniseries, maybe you'd better just push her"
He was also supposed to have a different cameo where he is standing beside a street with a rack of sunglasses, and says a line like "wanna buy some sunglasses?? I hear this is the kind they wore in X-men"
THAT would have been damn funny :D
Hopefully he'll get lines in Spiderman 3

Rocketboy
07-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Ben Foster is in X-Men 3 ? That's going to suck . . .I like it. He was good it The Punisher and better in Hostage.
My only concern is that if they are basing him on the comics version, I don't know if he has the look of Warren Worthington III.

El Chuxter
07-19-2005, 01:09 PM
No Nightcrawler? :mad:

On the plus side, my wife won't be drooling while watching this.

On the minus side, WTF?!?!?

2-1B
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I like it. He was good it The Punisher and better in Hostage.

Exactly. He was good in those movies but . . . how should I say this . . . he doesn't seem very "superheroish" to me.

JediTricks
07-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Yes, but hopefully that won't have anything to do with Stan Lee - his 1 take on her was, shall we say, unacceptable. :p