PDA

View Full Version : What don't you like about the Special Edition?



SithDroid
01-14-2002, 07:28 PM
I know this has probably been talked about before, but I want to hear from some of you. What part of the Star Wars Special Editions movies did you like the least. Here is what I hated:

1. Greedo NEVER would have shot first.

2. Stupid new song at end of ROTJ.

3. New Sy Snootles band.

4. CGI Jabba.

5. Oh and since they went back and re did the effects, why couldn't they at least color the lightsabers right in ANH. You would think that Vader's saber would have been fixed to Red (When on the Death Star fighting Ben, a far shot away) and Luke's (On the Millenium Falcon with the blast shield where it is white) would have been colored blue. Luke's lightsaber looked greenish to me in Obi-Wan's home. Did it to anyone else? I mean come on guys. Can't we fix something like that?

What are your views?

bigbarada
01-14-2002, 08:13 PM
The worst addition was definitely Greedo shooting first. Everytime I watch the SE's now I have to turn away from the TV at that scene. It bugs me that much.

Second place would have to go to all of the Mos Eisley street and Cantina additions. The whole ASP droid scene ruined the flow of the film and the added creatures looked too obvious. Besides, I hate Ketwol! Pretty much every addition to ANH was pretty bad.

The new ending sequence of ROTJ would have to go down as one of my favorite changes, along with the opened up Cloud City.

jawa9
01-14-2002, 11:51 PM
I also hate the Greedo scene. And that Death Star explosion at the end is overdone. They should have left it alone. It was perfect before.

JEDIpartner
01-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Well...

I LIKED:
- the new fighter shots.
- the new wipes.
- the sunset over the arroyo before Artoo gets it from the jawas.
- MOST of the new Mos Eisley shots
- the new Wampa shots.
- the new Cloud City shots and Vader's shuttle scene.
- the new ending of ROTJ (even the new song- I thought the first one sounded like a reject from "the Muppet Show").

What I DIDN'T like:
- the still ever-present composite boxes around the fighters (mostly ESB).
- ANH Jabba (the overall scene was fine- fix the damn CG Jabba!).
- Greedo shooting first.
- The new Max Rebo song (it was TOO terrestrial sounding and not alien enough).
- The fact that the Rancor scene still looks FAKE FAKE FAKE when Luke is in the shots!!!

Obi-Don
01-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Greedo shooting 1st. Max Rebo's song and those Ewoks.I never liked them.

mabudonicus
01-17-2002, 07:54 PM
I agree with jedipartnr for the most part, even concerning the end of ROTJ( I always imagined how much more I would hate the ewoks if there were maybe 2 more "fraggle" songs and a couple of inane ewok party games like bobbing for apples, with the heroes just eating it up....*shudder*) I also really liked the extra biggs bit, if only the rest of his scenes had been restored instead of that awful jabba bit. Even the dialogue stunk(it's so redundant after the greedo bit, I think that it was the real reason the scene got cut in the first place-it feels like an "alternate") although the bit was so full of suckitude even with the sound down.........Woooooo!!

GNT
01-18-2002, 03:34 AM
I must be the only cause I like most of the changes in the special Editions :)

Starfig873
01-18-2002, 12:13 PM
Really, the ONLY one that bugs me: Greedo shooting first.

Jabba scene: loved (granted it could have, and should be better)

Ewok song: wonderful! Made ROTJ even more enjoyable

Max Rebo band song: love listening to it.

:D
Special editions were really a good thing, just some problems here and there is all.

jw_bryant
01-19-2002, 02:56 PM
the thing i hate most is the fact that i dont have it. =

Wooooof
01-19-2002, 07:08 PM
If Star Wars became the most popular movie of all time without a Jabba the Hutt scene then maybe it didn't need one. Don't know who originally said that but it makes sense.

Greedo shooting first, however, irritates me more than fingernails on chalkboard.

MisterPL
01-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Greedo shooting at Han; terrible idea.

Luke screaming like a lost, little girl; awful.

That arbitrary concentric ring that shoots out of the Death Star; dumb. Had it emanated from the trench line, I could stomach it. Otherwise it just comes off as a Star Trek VI knockoff.

CGI Jabba; still needs to be redone.

Imperial presence in Mos Eisley; I wanted to see at least ONE execution in the streets. If you're not going to add an element of danger, there's no use in adding anything. It's just George letting ILM **** off in front of a captive audience. Oo, ah.

But as George says, "It's all about the story."

GNT
01-19-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by MisterPL
But as George says, "It's all about the story."

I thought it was more about the effects than the story ahum TPM :)

chewie
01-20-2002, 02:02 PM
What don't I like? Well, all my dislikes have been covered already, but I'll add them in anyway.

1. Greedo firing first. Just to make Han look less cold hearted? A shame.

2. Jabba in ANH. Looks absolutely nothing like Jabba. If they ever do a re-remake. If they don't want to remake the Jabba CGI, I'd just re-dub the voices and call this hutt one of Jabba's emissaries. And considering how mad Jabba is at Solo in the other two movies, he acts far too kind to Han here anyway.

3. Luke screaming while falling in ESB. Pointless and does ruin the moment.

4. Han's "I can see much better now." line in ROTJ. SW is supposed to be an action adventure with a bit of levity to it. That line shouldn't have been changed. No dialogue changes should have been made as they were fine the first time out.

5. No SE or original editions on DVD yet! Lucas pumps out two versions of the SE trilogy onto vhs, but do we even see one DVD version? Nope. Why exactly would he need to wait so long when he could just pump out new DVDs every other year like the OT tapes?

Oh, and I don't mind the Max Rebo song, but he looks so CGI that the puppets look just as fake as he does. That also goes for the female alien singer. Either way, she looks way fake as both a puppet in the original version of ROTJ, and in the SE version she looks way too cartoony to look real in the scene.

bigbarada
01-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by GNT


I thought it was more about the effects than the story ahum TPM :)

You're both wrong. It's all about the money for ol'George. Nothing else matters to him as long as he gets his millions.

Jargo
01-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Cgi cloning of people who are extras. you see it in Mos Eisley, you see it in the bespin scenes and at the end of Jedi. it looks awful and is easily noticeable.

the two stormtroopers in Mos Eisley who are just the same trooper mirrored. Lame and lazy.

Jabba. far too much reflection on his eyes which are far too big. wrong colour, wrong shape, wrong size, wrong scene. cut it out and put the biggs scenes back in. I'd rather watch painfully bad acting and a young Koo Stark than this tripey CGI bastard son of Jabba. And boba fett? What's he doing there? What's all that standing and mugging to camera after Jabba slithers off? Amateur dramatics buffoonery!

Matte boxes around the fighters in the death star trench, the trench itself seeming to fold over itself as the badly matted in ships pass across the surface. needs fixing or replacing with fresh effects. The same x-wing cloned many times as they all fly out to the death star. Cloning of one image and slapping it down many times isn't clever any more, it looks faked.

Reducing the kill factor and the amount of bad guys who bite the dust. exploding chests are what made the movie seem better than the tame fare already on offer back when the films were released. With the violence kids get all the time on mainstream tv there's no reason to cut those shots from the movie.

Too many Rontosin Mos Eisley. Every scene there's a couple of Rontos obscuring the view.

I agree that the CGI is just ILM stroking their own egos. Too much and too often. and where it is needed it is suddenly not there. like we get to see so much of mos Eisley and then we get to the cantina and behind it is just empty sky. Shouldn't there be a whole spaceport looming and towering above it? Nope, just a dewback that didn't need changing and a couple of new CGI added in patrons entering the cantina.

Ketwol. And the point of changing Lak Sivrak to Ketwol was....? Ketwol looks fake and added in. he ruins a good shot.

The bits on cloud city that are continuity errors. The window that's there one minute and not the next. I hate the way the cloud city scenes establishing shots dwell on the exterior of cloud city when Leia is in the apartment etc. ESB SE layed on those establishing shots of cloud city with a trowel and I hate them. they serve no purpose other than to show how well ILM can build CGI city models. Imagine if they'd done a tour of the surface of the death star as the falcon was pulled in by tractor beam showing all the towers and different structures and the little people in the viewports of the trench etc. What purpose would that serve? None and the same is so for the Cloud city scenes with added CGI.

The end celebration of Jedi. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad: I hate it so much for the fact that the original footage looks staged and hammy and like they don't know what the hell they're celebrating. They all look embarrased and awkward. the new stuff is all cloned extras pasted into crowd scenes a million times and a bad montage of poorly thought out party scenes that seem slow and clumsy. The statue of the Emperor being brought down should have been such a climax to the movie if they wanted to include it but no, all we get is a distant shot for a split second and unless you know it's a statue of the Emperor and that you're actually looking at Coruscant then it's pretty wasted as a scene.

mabudonicus
01-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Yikes!! Good points, Jargo, some of those things I hadn't even considered. What's with all of them rontos anyway? Why the giraffe like necks on a planet with no trees? I can hardly wait to read your list after the NEXT special edition comes out( the one with gungans and midichlorians and stuff) Will that be the last straw I wonder? That super detailed,look at all this great stuff camera work is annoying, too. That was something that really bugged me in LOTR- whenever the camera took the long,spiralling,shaky trip into the bowels of sarumans orc mine. It just didn't fit, and totally felt like someone wanted to give a quick software/hardware demo every time it happened.

Huckleberry Josh
01-23-2002, 06:30 PM
The thing I hate most about the Special Edition movies is that scream they added to the ESB when Luke jumps into the tunnel. Why would he scream if he meant to fall inti it. Quite stupid if you ask me.

bigbarada
01-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Maybe it was a scream of anguish over the revelation of Vader being his daddy. It wasn't necessarily a scream of fear.

I didn't really like this one at first, but whenever I watch the non-SE version that scene seems unnaturally quiet now.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Ketwol. And the point of changing Lak Sivrak to Ketwol was....? Ketwol looks fake and added in. he ruins a good shot.


I was going to start a thread on this and thought it better to just find an old thread about the SE. So here goes...I was watching ANH SE today and it really bothered me that GL got rid of Lak Sivrak. Why why why??? As you say Jargo, it was a perfectly good shot and made no sense as to why it was changed. The only thing I can come up with in my head is that he just didn't like the looks of the character Lak Sivrak himself and opted to put something else in??? A fake something else at that I might add!

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 10:36 PM
That was lame to switch out Lak. I really like the figure too. Little wolfman that he is.

TheDarthVader
04-23-2003, 11:40 PM
I do not agree that Lak should have been taken out.
However, you just touched on the reason why Lucas took him out. He looks too much like a creature we have already seen (wolfman) and so he decided to go with a new "unique" character. No...I do not think Ketwol is better than Lak. Just giving some insight. :)

stillakid
04-24-2003, 02:51 AM
I can understand why "wolfman" was taken out. But he isn't the worst "man in a mask" offender in the Cantina. How about that guy in the astronaut suit and helmet. What the heck was that all about?

For what it's worth, I like Ketwol, but given the "gritty" feel that the Cantina originally had, he really doesn't fit in very well.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
How about that guy in the astronaut suit and helmet. What the heck was that all about?


Great pic! ROFL! :D

I wish I could answer that. Maybe a BoShek wannabe, like the Madonna wannabe's of the 80's, this is the Boshek wannabe of "The galaxy far, far away!" I wonder if he's wearing jelly bracelets?

keith koth
04-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
The thing I hate most about the Special Edition movies is that scream they added to the ESB when Luke jumps into the tunnel. Why would he scream if he meant to fall inti it. Quite stupid if you ask me.

Why do people scream when they ride on rollercoasters? Because, it is a way to relieve the anxiety associated with the feeling of free-falling. It makes sense to me...especially since Luke had no idea where his fall was going to take him!

Pendo
04-24-2003, 02:23 PM
It's not the fact he screams that annoys me, it's because the scream sounds nothing like Luke's voice!

"Anakin, Anakin, Nooooooooooooooooo" :p

PENDO!

keith koth
04-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
It's not the fact he screams that annoys me, it's because the scream sounds nothing like Luke's voice! PENDO!

How do you know what Luke's screams sound like? He doesn't scream anywhere else in the trilogy, so there is no point for comparison.

Does anybody know who's voice provided the scream? Was it Mark Hamill?

If it wasn't Hamill, then I will agree that it was inappropriate to add it into the movie.

Pendo
04-24-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
How do you know what Luke's screams sound like? He doesn't scream anywhere else in the trilogy, so there is no point for comparison.

Does anybody know who's voice provided the scream? Was it Mark Hamill?

If it wasn't Hamill, then I will agree that it was inappropriate to add it into the movie.

Well your scream should have a similar voice pattern to your talking so you can tell if a scream is really someones or not, and IMO Luke's just don't sound like him.

PENDO!

JediTricks
04-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I was going to start a thread on this and thought it better to just find an old thread about the SE. So here goes...I was watching ANH SE today and it really bothered me that GL got rid of Lak Sivrak. Why why why??? As you say Jargo, it was a perfectly good shot and made no sense as to why it was changed. The only thing I can come up with in my head is that he just didn't like the looks of the character Lak Sivrak himself and opted to put something else in??? A fake something else at that I might add! Lucas apparently didn't like that a standard wolfman mask was used in his film so prominently. Basically, this was a sore spot with 1 person but it was the 1 person with control over the films so it was changed. Personally, I think both the character and the figure are superior to their SE counterparts.


Originally posted by TheDarthVader
<Lak> looks too much like a creature we have already seen (wolfman) and so he decided to go with a new "unique" character. You know what seems ironic about that to me? The SEs added the Ronto to Mos Eisley by taking Jurasic Park CG models and modifying them slightly. Seems a wee bit hypocrtical for Lucas to whine about Lak being too-Earth-based. Notice how when Lucas adds something earth-based to the films on purpose, it's an homage, but out of desparation and it's a flaw.

Why is the wolfman a taboo but the alien grays in the cantina (the Duros) totally fine? And why is just Lak picked on? There's another wolfman mask in that scene that didn't get removed.


Originally posted by stillakid
I can understand why "wolfman" was taken out. But he isn't the worst "man in a mask" offender in the Cantina. How about that guy in the astronaut suit and helmet. What the heck was that all about? Let's not bag on BoShek now, not only is he cool, but he's the guy who points Obi-Wan to Chewie and his costume was recycled into Bossk's.

Bossk's head was also recycled from a Cantina denizen, I guess there's nothing that original in SW. ;)


Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Great pic! ROFL! :D

I wish I could answer that. Maybe a BoShek wannabe, like the Madonna wannabe's of the 80's, this is the Boshek wannabe of "The galaxy far, far away!" I wonder if he's wearing jelly bracelets? In Stilla's pic, that is BoShek, he's just wearing his helmet in that shot.

mini-rock
04-25-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by keith koth
Does anybody know who's voice provided the scream? Was it Mark Hamill?

No, I believe it was the Emperor's scream from ROTJ.:)

JediTricks
04-25-2003, 01:56 AM
I dunno, the Emp's ROTJ scream has a lot of ring to it while Luke's SE scream doesn't. That would seem like a hard thing to remove, especially just for a scream.

stillakid
04-25-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Why do people scream when they ride on rollercoasters? Because, it is a way to relieve the anxiety associated with the feeling of free-falling. It makes sense to me...especially since Luke had no idea where his fall was going to take him!

Apples and oranges. Luke isn't on a "thrill ride." He doesn't stand in line to do this knowing what's in store.

Anxiety release? I don't buy it for a couple of reasons. The first and most important is that this is a movie. ANYTHING that is put onscreen or on the soundtrack has significant importance whether the filmmaker thought it was just a throw-away thing or not. So this scream comes at a time when Luke makes the brave choice to presumably meet his death rather than take the hand of "the devil." (This saga is chock full of mythological metaphors and such). Anyhow, this brave decision was cheapened by having the hero scream like a baby as death grew near (as he plunged into the unknown abyss). He wasn't meeting death "like a man" as it were. Movies are full of other examples of this. Braveheart comes to mind. As Mel Gibson's character lays there ready to be drawn and quartered, he doesn't scream out in terror. No. He knew what was coming and accepted it with, well, bravery.

Heck, look to ROTJ for a saga related example. Jabba suggests that they all beg for mercy. Solo speaks up and refuses. There will be no whining, crying, or screaming from the "victims" that day. They'll "take it like men."

Special Edition Luke didn't. The cry-baby.:cry:

keith koth
04-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Does anyone think that GL will ever have a sit-down discussion in which he explains (through the eyes/mind of the creator) why he made these certain additions/subtractions that most people seem to hate? Will he ever justify his decisions? I'm sure he had legitimate reasons for making the changes that he made. I'm sure he didn't just sit down one day and say "Hmm, how could I ruin the original trilogy for all of my die hard fans."

There has to be a perfectly good explaination behind each decision...and when we hear the explaination roll off GL's lips, some of us will say "hey, that makes perfect sense now"...while others will say "You suck GL, why did you have to go and ruin MY, errr, I mean YOUR movies."

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the other 99.9% of the SW saga that does make sense...just suspend your disbelief and go with the flow. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Mr. Koth, we all here at SSG know that you like the SE and that's great, seriously and I would never to try to change your mind about it because it is how YOU feel about the SE. However, if those of us who dislike the SE want to talk about the things we dislike, it is OUR business to do so without being told to sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of it.

I beg of you PLEASE stop pushing your opinions on everyone else! This forum is for people to be able to express their opinions without being strong-armed into believing something else! I do not like many of the aspects of the SE, it is my right to say so, it is your right to say you like it and that's great for you! However, it is NOT your right to tell people that they should like it simply because you do! If these anti-SE threads bother you so, don't read and don't post within them, just as you have said the same about others not liking political and religious threads, simply "don't go there!"

I'm really tired of posting an opinion and having someone tell me it's wrong or that I'm wrong for feeling a certain way! If these types of posts continue, I will gladly report them to the appropriate people.

Maybe, just maybe before you "retaliate" you will really think about how you really do "shove" your opinions down people's throats on this board and maybe, just maybe you'll try to change that so that people will enjoy and maybe even agree with some of your opinions. I've seen several posts where you do make good points but your manner in believing that everyone should believe the way you do automatically turns people off to anything you have to say, which seems to make you that much more eager to shove your thoughts further down people's throats.

And besides, I thought you said you weren't going to post here anymore because we are all jerks???

keith koth
04-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Mr. Koth, we all here at SSG know that you like the SE and that's great, seriously and I would never to try to change your mind about it because it is how YOU feel about the SE. However, if those of us who dislike the SE want to talk about the things we dislike, it is OUR business to do so without being told to sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of it.

I beg of you PLEASE stop pushing your opinions on everyone else! This forum is for people to be able to express their opinions without being strong-armed into believing something else! I do not like many of the aspects of the SE, it is my right to say so, it is your right to say you like it and that's great for you! However, it is NOT your right to tell people that they should like it simply because you do! If these anti-SE threads bother you so, don't read and don't post within them, just as you have said the same about others not liking political and religious threads, simply "don't go there!"

I'm really tired of posting an opinion and having someone tell me it's wrong or that I'm wrong for feeling a certain way! If these types of posts continue, I will gladly report them to the appropriate people.

Maybe, just maybe before you "retaliate" you will really think about how you really do "shove" your opinions down people's throats on this board and maybe, just maybe you'll try to change that so that people will enjoy and maybe even agree with some of your opinions. I've seen several posts where you do make good points but your manner in believing that everyone should believe the way you do automatically turns people off to anything you have to say, which seems to make you that much more eager to shove your thoughts further down people's throats.

And besides, I thought you said you weren't going to post here anymore because we are all jerks???

1. I have never "shoved" my opinion down anyone's throat.
2. If you post your opinion, I have a right to post mine. After posting my opinion, if someone else restates their opinion, then I have the right to restate my opinion. We all have positions on various topics...and rarely does everyone agree. However, once someone restates their opinion just to show their "perceived" dominance over my opinion, then a debate is offically started. If people would just let me post my opinion without trying to prove that THEIR idea is the ONE AND ONLY way to see things, then I would not feel the need to as you call it "shove my opinions down everyone's throat".
3. I do not hate anyone here, nor do I single anyone out and say to myself "I'm going to oppose that person just because I don't like them". However, I have noticed about 3 or 4 regular users of these forums who seem to do nothing but try to turn my "opinion" posts into debate. So, If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me...but don't challange me or my opinions, as that only leads to the things you hate about me.

On another note, I decided to continue posting here despite the "jerk status" of a few users, as I have found that I can discuss politics on Rebelscum's forums, yet still carry on regular discussion/debate in these forums. Like it or not, I am here to stay...as are my opinions.

Why is it that I am the bad guy? When I post my opinion and "Mr. X" posts his opinion...and we get into a debate, why is it that every time the general response is "Keith Koth, why don't you just drop it"? Why doesn't anybody ever tell other individuals to "drop it"? It is like a mob mentality...I am seen as the outsider, so no one wants to side with me for fear of being shunned from the little "SSG elite" inner circle.

By merely making the post I am replying to, you yourself have singled me out once again.

I guess it is okay for everyone else to post opinions and debate those opinions, but if I am involved, then it becomes a crime against the forums.

I am always willing to change my ideas and opinions, just so long as somone provides sufficient evidence to disprove my way of thinking. It rarely happens, but it is only because most people just spout opinions with no real evidence to back up their claims. However once evidence has been submitted that without a doubt disproves my stance on the issue, then I will concede. Just ask Stillakid, he makes very good arguments and usually backs them up with what I consider to be soild irrefutabel evidence; and when he does this, I always comend him on his fine efforts and acknowledge that I was wrong. I just can't help it if people are stubborn and refuse to use logic behing their arguments.

I suppose that I just expect more out of humanity.

The Overlord Returns
04-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
On another note, I decided to continue posting here despite the "jerk status" of a few users,


I think he means me ;)

Patient Zero
04-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I think he means me ;)

Stop hogging all the credit! :crazed:

stillakid
04-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Just ask Stillakid, he makes very good arguments and usually backs them up with what I consider to be soild irrefutabel evidence; and when he does this, I always comend him on his fine efforts and acknowledge that I was wrong. I just can't help it if people are stubborn and refuse to use logic behing their arguments.


Hmm, this is a bit of deja vu. ;)

While I usually very strongly believe in what I have to say, particularly when I've got "evidence" straight from the films or George Lucas to back me up, I have been caught off guard more than a few times by "alternate" interpretations of certain screen events that made little sense to me. I will say that in most cases, when that happens, I've been able to "shoot" those arguments down with more "evidence" from the saga or George Lucas, however I do acknowledge that my own conclusions are based upon my own original interpretation of what I saw. This isn't to say that anything goes, that one person's pie is another one's pudding. Certainly there are errors within the saga that have nothing at all to do with personal interpretation. But all anyone can do is state what they think they are, back up that argument with as much evidence (non-interpretive) as possible, then allow the reader to either see it for what it is or allow their own prejudices to get in the way of objectivity.

It's a fine line that I myself have crossed many times, but in the end, we all have to make out own choices as to how much we'll allow the mistakes to bother us and interfere with the enjoyment of the films. For myself, I see the minor nitpicky things in the OT, but the other 99% which is great vastly overpowers and dilutes the mistakes. On the other hand, the Prequels, as I see them, are so laden with problems that my enjoyment is severely hampered to the point where I simply can't ignore them to just enjoy what's there. It's a percentage thing I guess. It's also a choice thing. Free will is a wonderful gift. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
If people would just let me post my opinion without trying to prove that THEIR idea is the ONE AND ONLY way to see things, then I would not feel the need to as you call it "shove my opinions down everyone's throat".

Wow, you really are a piece of work! ROFL!!!


Originally posted by keith koth

So, If you don't like what I have to say, then ignore me...but don't challange me or my opinions,

Looks like you need to follow your own advice! :)


Originally posted by keith koth

Like it or not, I am here to stay...as are my opinions.

I wouldn't be so sure about that! If you read the policy upon signing up on SSG you will have noticed that you must respect other's opinions. This is something that everyone here will tell you that you have NO IDEA how to do!


Originally posted by keith koth

It rarely happens, but it is only because most people just spout opinions with no real evidence to back up their claims.

Saying that one does NOT like the SE does NOT need FACT to back them up! And certainly we do NOT need YOU telling us to sit back and relax and enjoy it! That is an example of shoving your opinion down other's throats.

And I do recall a post where you singled me out just because. You said something to the effect that you are here to annoy me, just me and no one else!! Remember that??? Do ya, do ya? Because I can certainly find the post for you if your memory is lacking, or maybe it's just clouded with anger, as you seem to be a very angry individual who can't take anyone's opinion or thoughts but your own. No wonder you work with the environment, it can't say "NO" to you, or give it's opinion!

WOW, I think that you beat the record of making the most hypocritical statements in the universe! It sure makes for some great laughter! Thanks :)

keith koth
04-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Wow, you really are a piece of work! ROFL!!!



Looks like you need to follow your own advice! :)



I wouldn't be so sure about that! If you read the policy upon signing up on SSG you will have noticed that you must respect other's opinions. This is something that everyone here will tell you that you have NO IDEA how to do!



Saying that one does NOT like the SE does NOT need FACT to back them up! And certainly we do NOT need YOU telling us to sit back and relax and enjoy it! That is an example of shoving your opinion down other's throats.

And I do recall a post where you singled me out just because. You said something to the effect that you are here to annoy me, just me and no one else!! Remember that??? Do ya, do ya? Because I can certainly find the post for you if your memory is lacking, or maybe it's just clouded with anger, as you seem to be a very angry individual who can't take anyone's opinion or thoughts but your own. No wonder you work with the environment, it can't say "NO" to you, or give it's opinion!

WOW, I think that you beat the record of making the most hypocritical statements in the universe! It sure makes for some great laughter! Thanks :)

:)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 03:36 PM
WOW NO spouting rhetoric! AMAZING!

:rolleyes:

Pendo
04-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Why is it that I am the bad guy?

Because we miss QUITE-LONG D0NG :cry:!

Only j/k keith, I don't consider you a bad guy, just the person who made QLD change his name :(.

Anyway, don't mean to bring back old topics. Back on topic about the SE:

Most of the SE sucked, but there were one or two elements that I like about it, such as the new ROTJ ending (even though Yub Yub no longer exists :(), and the Sandtroopers on Tatooine looking ror the droids. I wouldn't mind the SE as long as it didn't mean the original versions no longer existed :(.

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Coming from someone who has participated in these types of arguments before, I can understand why this thread is going the way it is. It's not so much good constructive arguing, but something less. So uh, maybe all sides could lay down their arms on this day.

keith koth
04-25-2003, 03:48 PM
DNA,

I was going to PM this to you...but seeing as how I am blocked from your PM...here goes:

Yes, I know I said that I had posted a comment (about whatever it was) just to annoy you, but that comment was made after the fact when it seemed that you were being combative with me...I believe you called me "simple minded" so I retaliated with a negative comment of my own.

Secondly, I believe that making the statement: "So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the other 99.9% of the SW saga that does make sense...just suspend your disbelief and go with the flow." hardly constitutes "shoving an opinion". I believe my comment was followed with a :) , which is a friendly gesture. I'm not stalking, harassing, or disrespecting anyone here...I'm just saying that if we all love SW so much then why bash it over such small details?

BTW, I like how you selectively quoted me in that last post...taking my words out of context in order to further push YOUR OPINIONS about me.

I thought we had drawn a truce not too long ago, but I guess that only stands as long as my opinions don't get in the way of yours...huh...talk about HYPOCRITICAL!

bobafrett
04-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Um, er, well, I like certain scene improvements in the SE films, I would have to agree with Pendo in not minding the SE as long as it didn't mean the original versions no longer existed.

keith koth
04-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Because we miss QUITE-LONG D0NGPENDO!

QLD is still here...it's just that now he is LIMP. :)

Seriously though, it has been stated numerous times that I am not the one who got his name changed. There were many complaints before me...and my complaint was not even the last before it was changed. It's just that my rant was publically displayed at the same time that QLD's name was changed...coencidence? YES...My fault? NO.

I don't know why we can't all just get along. Heck I'm not the one who picked QLD's name...and in the end, I'm not the one who made him change it. If you want to hate someone for the name change, then look no further than SirSteve, as it was his final decision to make the change.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
DNA,

I was going to PM this to you...but seeing as how I am blocked from your PM...here goes:

Yes, I know I said that I had posted a comment (about whatever it was) just to annoy you, but that comment was made after the fact when it seemed that you were being combative with me...I believe you called me "simple minded" so I retaliated with a negative comment of my own.

Secondly, I believe that making the statement: "So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the other 99.9% of the SW saga that does make sense...just suspend your disbelief and go with the flow." hardly constitutes "shoving an opinion". I believe my comment was followed with a :) , which is a friendly gesture. I'm not stalking, harassing, or disrespecting anyone here...I'm just saying that if we all love SW so much then why bash it over such small details?

BTW, I like how you selectively quoted me in that last post...taking my words out of context in order to further push YOUR OPINIONS about me.

I thought we had drawn a truce not too long ago, but I guess that only stands as long as my opinions don't get in the way of yours...huh...talk about HYPOCRITICAL!

Like I said, you are a piece of work. You just can't stop shoving can you??? Always have to think you are the one being picked on eh and always right? Must be hard!

ROFL! :rolleyes:

and BTW just because we have a truce in one thread, does not mean that I'm going to take you shoving your opinions on me in another! And BTW, it seems like you are trying to make truce with just about EVERYONE here on SSG! Again, whose the hypocrit??? That in and of itself should tell you something!? I love how you say one thing and then I find all these posts of yours that are completely the opposite. Dude, you really outta start writing down what you post so you can keep track of all the nonsense you type! :rolleyes: Oh but then you always end up editing your posts after someone calls you on your crapola! I forgot about that lil habit of yours.

ROFLMAO!

EDIT: Sorry JBFF, just saw your post. Here, I give you my arms ;)

JEDIpartner
04-25-2003, 04:18 PM
I don't mind the SE versions except the Han/Greedo encounter and the way Jabba looks in ANH. Everything else is fine with me...

Keith... please stop antagonising DNA... thank you. ;)

The Overlord Returns
04-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Keith, wasn;t it you who called the folks at SSG a bunch of jerks over on Rebelscum???

keith koth
04-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Keith, wasn;t it you who called the folks at SSG a bunch of jerks over on Rebelscum???

It certainly was!

However, the term jerks is not all encompassing. There certainly are plenty of fine people over here at SSG, but that does not mean that everyone is easy to get along with.

But hey, that is just my opinion...I'm sure that I am not alone in that sentiment. :)

BTW, could you please provide the link to that Rebelscum forum where I used the term "jerks"? There is a picture on that page that is quite funny.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I don't mind the SE versions except the Han/Greedo encounter and the way Jabba looks in ANH. Everything else is fine with me...

Keith... please stop antagonising DNA... thank you. ;)

I like the SE's too for the most part, as I just got them on dvd LOL ;) :) and am extremely happy! There's also a few things I don't like and Greedo shooting first is one of them as well :) Also, replacing Lak Sivrak with Ketwol. And I do miss the Sy Snootles puppet, she was so cool! :)

Thanks JP ;)

keith koth
04-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Keith... please stop antagonising DNA... thank you. ;)

Here we go again! asking Keith Koth to stop when he didn't start it. :(

Why don't you tell DNA to stop antagonising me? :confused:

Come on...let's be fair now.

The Overlord Returns
04-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
It certainly was!

However, the term jerks is not all encompassing. There certainly are plenty of fine people over here at SSG, but that does not mean that everyone is easy to get along with.

But hey, that is just my opinion...I'm sure that I am not alone in that sentiment. :)

BTW, could you please provide the link to that Rebelscum forum where I used the term "jerks"? There is a picture on that page that is quite funny.

I believe you were referencing the SSG staff ;)

And no, I cannot provide a link to that thread...I don't frequent Rebelscum....

keith koth
04-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I believe you were referencing the SSG staff

Yes :)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Here we go again! asking Keith Koth to stop when he didn't start it. :(

Why don't you tell DNA to stop antagonising me? :confused:

Come on...let's be fair now.

Awwwww, poor guy!
:rolleyes:

James Boba Fettfield
04-25-2003, 04:57 PM
I know we can't expect everyone to like each other here, but can we all at least agree to stay on the topic of dislikes about the Special Edition, and not with this back and forth argument about who did what to who and who said what in the past.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, sorry again JBBF. It's so hard sometimes ya know! ;)

Patient Zero
04-25-2003, 05:10 PM
I'm being a good boy! :crazed: Look at that hamster go!


WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

keith koth
04-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Has anyone ever wondered why GL called the revamped version of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ "special editions"? As much as people seem to hate them, I think the appropriate title should be "ruined editions"

Oh, I finally thought of something that I didn't like about the SE:

The fact that GL didn't do them that way originally!

Pendo
04-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Has anyone ever wondered why GL called the revamped version of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ "special editions"? As much as people seem to hate them, I think the appropriate title should be "ruined editions"

It's called "Special Editions" for the special people like you who enjoyed them better than the original version.

If he called them "runied editions" they wouldn't make much money for LucasFilm, because lets face it that's all they're after these days :(.

PENDO!

El Chuxter
04-25-2003, 05:47 PM
"Stay on target, stay on target. . . ."

Everyone keep in mind that if you're debating the Special Editions, that's fine, but let's not let this thread turn into a wave of personal attacks, okieday? In other words, stay on topic before this gets really ugly.

Patient Zero
04-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
It's called "Special Editions" for the special people like you who enjoyed them better than the original version.PENDO!




HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Briliant! So simple and yet so elegant!

stillakid
04-25-2003, 11:35 PM
I actually enjoyed most of the cosmetic changes. The new Xwings, the Bantha herd, the new Sandcrawler shots, the TIE bay, the Cloud City enhancements...stuff like that. Only when certain dialogue or action began to interfere with previously established continuity or character development did I have a problem (ie, Greedo shooting first, Vader's line "Bring my shuttle", Luke screaming like a baby).

:)

mini-rock
04-26-2003, 01:17 AM
One problem I have with the SE is that more action wasn't added on to the Battle of Hoth. This would have been possible even back then, but as it stands now it's kinda lame. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the better action in the prequels, dunno, but hopefully GL does more for the BOH in the AE's so it's not such a yawner.:)

Pendo
04-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Only when certain dialogue or action began to interfere with previously established continuity or character development did I have a problem (ie, Greedo shooting first, Vader's line "Bring my shuttle", Luke screaming like a baby).

:)

...And Luke's change line "You're lucky to get outta there!" the old line was alot better, "You're lucky you don't taste very good". Now we don't know R2 doesn't taste nice, for all we know now R2 could taste like chicken, or chocolate, or pizza :crazed:.

PENDO!

bobafrett
04-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
...And Luke's change line "You're lucky to get outta there!" the old line was alot better, "You're lucky you don't taste very good". Now we don't know R2 doesn't taste nice, for all we know now R2 could taste like chicken, or chocolate, or pizza :crazed:.

PENDO!

Wow, I missed that Pendo. Why would they change a pretty good line like "You're lucky you don't taste very good", to a lame line like "You're lucky to get outta there!"

Man, know I'm going to have to watch those films again, not that I mind!

stillakid
04-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
One problem I have with the SE is that more action wasn't added on to the Battle of Hoth. This would have been possible even back then, but as it stands now it's kinda lame. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the better action in the prequels, dunno, but hopefully GL does more for the BOH in the AE's so it's not such a yawner.:)

I've always thought that. Luke's annoying drone throughout that battle really is shortsighted. Here they set up the perfect WWII-like environment and didn't use it. Imagine the exhilaration as hundreds of Snowtroopers rush into the trenches and engage the Rebels in hand to hand combat. But no, we get a boring monologue from Luke telling everybody to "stay tight and low" blah blah blah. Notice that there isn't the same kind of "banter" that we had in ANH. I can only suspect it's because the rest of the pilots switched their headsets off so they could concentrate on flying. :rolleyes:

2-1B
04-27-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Always have to think you are the one being picked on eh and always right? Must be hard!

Indeed, it must be "hard" since he seems to get off on setting himself up as being the whipping boy. ;)


Originally posted by PENDO !
If he called them "ruined editions" they wouldn't make much money for LucasFilm, because lets face it that's all they're after these days. :(

Um . . . okay . . . but don't forget that it was less than a year ago when George released a film which you eagerly gave a "9/10" (AOTC) . . . despite his "clear" pursuit of $$$$$. :rolleyes:


Originally posted by keith koth
QLD is still here...it's just that now he is LIMP.

Seriously though, it has been stated numerous times that I am not the one who got his name changed. There were many complaints before me...and my complaint was not even the last before it was changed. It's just that my rant was publically displayed at the same time that QLD's name was changed...coencidence? YES...My fault? NO.

I don't know why we can't all just get along. Heck I'm not the one who picked QLD's name...and in the end, I'm not the one who made him change it. If you want to hate someone for the name change, then look no further than SirSteve, as it was his final decision to make the change.


Yep ! And since you were the one who wanted all of the public attention by posting such nonsense about the username when it had nothing at all to do with whatever your "whining-of-the-day" was, well then you can take the public shame for the name change as well. :)
It's all yours ! :crazed:

JediTricks
04-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Ok, this fighting has to stop now. I don't care who is right and who is not, discuss the topic at hand or don't post here at all.

If you can't respect others' rights to have their own opinions, just leave before you end up getting banned. I'm not demanding you respect that person, but you must respect that they have the right to hold whatever opinions they have.

This applies to YOU, the person reading this, don't think that you're gonna come off superior if you think it applies to everybody ELSE except you. If I have to come back and make Private Messages out of this because an offender doesn't realize that I'm speaking directly to that user, then that PM is going to be an official warning which could be risking a suspension depending the user's status.

Pendo
04-27-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

Originally posted by Pendo
If he called them "ruined editions" they wouldn't make much money for LucasFilm, because lets face it that's all they're after these days.
Um . . . okay . . . but don't forget that it was less than a year ago when George released a film which you eagerly gave a "9/10" (AOTC) . . . despite his "clear" pursuit of $$$$$. :rolleyes:

LOL, you're quite right Caesar. But just because they released a good film doesn't mean they're not persuing more money, the StarWars.com thing springs to my mind :).

PENDO!

DarthBrandon
04-27-2003, 12:24 PM
I guess there are many things that are wrong with the S.A. Trilogy, I know some have been mentioned, but here are a few that needs attention:

ANH: Greedo shooting first at that range he should have blown Han's head clean off.

ANH: Jabba CGI needs to be fixed, it's pretty fake looking, I think the walking on the tail should be left in.

ANH: Everyone talks about the lightsaber battle between Darth and Obi-Wan. The colors on the sabers need attention, as well as the fact that in some scenes you can actually see the poles on the sticks that they are using. This is top priority IMO, it takes away from the battle all together and really ruins the scenes /shots.

ESB: Not much here except the white boxes around the ships on Hoth. I do agree with stillakid though, I think more a battle on Hoth involving ground troups from both sides would have been an added touch in the right direction. The Prequels ground battles just blow the Original Trilogy away IMO.

ROTJ: Rancor still looks fake (white lines) when Lukes involved.
Not much else here except some nit picking so I'll just leave it as is.:D

Overall I see some great ideas with what needs to be fixed in the like of dislike dept, but I'm sure after about ten or twelve special additions they should have it right by then. If not we'll probably fix it ourselves because the technology will be there by then.:D

2-1B
04-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
LOL, you're quite right Caesar. But just because they released a good film doesn't mean they're not persuing more money, the StarWars.com thing springs to my mind :).

PENDO!

Cool, thanks. :cool:

I was honestly wondering if your stance on the film was the same or if you didn't like it anymore. No arguments here about "the SW.com thing" and its $$$$$ factor. :D :D :D

scruffziller
04-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Now back on topic.

What I don't like is how they didn't fix EVERYTHING!!!!!

Darkross
05-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Now back on topic.

What I don't like is how they didn't fix EVERYTHING!!!!!

Yes...I agree...there were a lot of things they didn't fix:

ANH:

- Leia's firing the stormtrooper blaster in the chasm...sounds like a revolver. (so stupid)

- Luke's lightsaber is completely white when he is using it on the Falcon. The instant on and off sucks too!

- That terrible Jabba scene...sure they added it (which was nice)...but Jabba was awful...and he just repeated what Greedo said to Han in the Cantina. Change the dialogue and the CG Jabba and you've got a winning scene.

- It would have been nice to have updated graphics in the rebel briefing room of the deathstar assault. C'mon...it looks like the 1980's arcade game asteroids.

- And just what is Vader waving at when he is finished speaking with Tarkin?

- I don't mind if they leave in the scenes where Stormtroopers bang their heads etc...those are always funny.

- Fix the rotoscoping effect of Ben's lightsaber when he's dueling Vader...it looks weird.

ESB:
- Luke's lightsaber doesn't shut off in sync with the sound effects when he leaves the Wampa cave.

- Clean-up the tie fighter chase scenes...you can easily see the cut-outs around the tie fighters...very distracting when watching the film.

- Put the original lines back in - Luke's to R2D2 on Dagobah and Vader's on Bespin. And take out Luke screaming all the way down the core.

- Put Ian McDiarmid in as the Holo-Emperor in Vader's quarters... and show him on Corruscant talking with a Holo-Vader.

- Unflip the frames where Vader and Piett are talking at the end of ESB...Piett's rank insignia is on the wrong side.

ROTJ:
- Clean-up the matt lines around the Rancor's lower legs...you can see this looks so fake...especially when Luke runs between the Rancor's legs.

- Unflip the frame where Boba Fett's range finder is on the wrong side on Tatooine.

- Unflip the frame where Luke is chasing the Bikerscout on Endor...his glove is on the wrong hand. Several scenes display this.

OTHER THINGS:

It would be nice to see is more of Coruscant in ANH, ESB and ROTJ. Give us Alderaan in ANH...and show the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust in ROTJ.

mini-rock
05-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
...and show the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust in ROTJ.


Actually the Rebel Fleet masing near Sullist was shown, there was just no planet. I do agree thoguh with most of what was posted, and it's funny how after I watched TPM a few times that I started to notice all the little flaws of the OT. I have faith though that GL will bring the OT up to the level of the prequels for the AE's so they don't look so silly.:)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
I started to notice all the little flaws of the OT. I have faith though that GL will bring the OT up to the level of the prequels for the AE's so they don't look so silly.:)

Deja vu, again and again and again!

;) :p :)

mini-rock
05-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Deja vu, again and again and again!

;) :p :)


Yeah, yeah. ;):)

JediTricks
05-07-2003, 11:38 PM
ANH:
- Leia's firing the stormtrooper blaster in the chasm...sounds like a revolver. (so stupid)

I too dislike that part, but I think the pre-SE version actually had a blaster sound effect that was removed for the SE. If that's the case, I have to wonder, why would we wanna hear a blank being fired instead of a blaster effect?


- Luke's lightsaber is completely white when he is using it on the Falcon. The instant on and off sucks too!

I've convinced myself that it's white in the Falcon because it's in "training" mode, he can't cut anything with it. Also, I've sorta convinced myself that the instant-on and -off thing is Luke's inexperience with the saber which could be bad for its systems. It has that big switch for a reason, maybe this is that reason that it has to be turned on a little slower with some finese.


- Fix the rotoscoping effect of Ben's lightsaber when he's dueling Vader...it looks weird.

Yeah. I suppose it could be Ben's saber being old and not used for a long time causing a little short-out, but I'd really prefer to see this just fixed.


ESB:
- Luke's lightsaber doesn't shut off in sync with the sound effects when he leaves the Wampa cave.

Agreed.


- Clean-up the tie fighter chase scenes...you can easily see the cut-outs around the tie fighters...very distracting when watching the film.

Uh, they're shields, yeah, that's it. :crazed: The matte lines HAVE to go on those TIE Fighters. Also, fix the "blink-in" problem whenever a wipe reveals a large spaceship (some of the lights on the ship wait until the wipe is completed before coming on).


- Put the original lines back in - Luke's to R2D2 on Dagobah and Vader's on Bespin. And take out Luke screaming all the way down the core.

I don't care about Vader's shuttle line, but I'll agree with those other 2.


- Put Ian McDiarmid in as the Holo-Emperor in Vader's quarters... and show him on Corruscant talking with a Holo-Vader.

I agree with the first part, but the second part really doesn't feel necessary to me.


- Unflip the frames where Vader and Piett are talking at the end of ESB...Piett's rank insignia is on the wrong side.

There's a million flipped frames, I think Lucas should fix them all in a SUFFICIENT way - if the scene needs that character facing that way, digitally alter it so he's not mirrored but still facing that way.


ROTJ:
- Clean-up the matt lines around the Rancor's lower legs...you can see this looks so fake...especially when Luke runs between the Rancor's legs.

Yeah, all the Rancor/Luke shots are terrible due to huge matte lines and severe differences in the effect lighting vs the practial lighting. FIX THIS OR PAY THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

aceguide
05-08-2003, 12:07 PM
The SE is a good second effort. I would have to agree that there are a lot of easy fixes that wee not addressed. Most have been discussed above. The Rancor in particular has bothered me forever.

I was a bit surprised that Lucas didn't get into some of the CG worlds he was developing for the prequels - like Corrusant.

I think that the SE we already have was more a rescuing of the films as they were so close to being lost. I believe we will be seeing the super special edition once EpIII is done with a lot more work on the OT, making a seemless series.

Darkross
05-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by aceguide
The SE is a good second effort. I would have to agree that there are a lot of easy fixes that wee not addressed. Most have been discussed above. The Rancor in particular has bothered me forever.

Well...the matt lines in the Rancor scene are even identified by ILM on the ESB-SE video...so why on Earth did they not fix them?



I was a bit surprised that Lucas didn't get into some of the CG worlds he was developing for the prequels - like Corrusant.


Well...there was a bit of Coruscant at the end of ROTJ...but that's it...a bit!



I think that the SE we already have was more a rescuing of the films as they were so close to being lost. I believe we will be seeing the super special edition once EpIII is done with a lot more work on the OT, making a seemless series.

Agreed...it would have a shame if they had been lost forever...never to see a DVD release. I for one am very glad they re-released them...I never got to see ESB on the big screen as a kid...and I saw Jedi a couple of years before seeing ESB. Hopefully, though...we will see an ultimate edition of the OT on DVD that will help make them a little more fluid with the PT. I don't think they'll ever be seamless...as there is a 22 year gap between the making of the Episode IV and I.

Tonysmo
05-11-2003, 03:55 AM
ya know.. the latest question on Star Wars.com is asking if they will try to make the prequels tie into the old "70's" look of the OT.. They said that EPIII would indeed have a few images that will make you think of the "70's" look....

That means they are gonna put those blocky "shields" around the ships again!! Woooo hooooo!!

mini-rock
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
ya know.. the latest question on Star Wars.com is asking if they will try to make the prequels tie into the old "70's" look of the OT.. They said that EPIII would indeed have a few images that will make you think of the "70's" look....

That means they are gonna put those blocky "shields" around the ships again!! Woooo hooooo!!

God I hope not. That will completely ruin the prequels for me.

stillakid
05-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
God I hope not. That will completely ruin the prequels for me.

Is that possible? For anything to RUIN the Prequels for you? I suppose dropping in an actual plot, better acting, and believable special FX would tear the Prequels to shreds. God forbid! :eek:

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 02:53 AM
For me it is no matter how "special" GL tries to make the OT, it will never be equal to the EP 1&2. It's still the same old tired trilogy. He may come close, but he has set the bar to high with the prequels, which is why he is revamping the OT for the AE's, and it will still be mediocre at best. I think the best thing would be to a) make the OT completely over from scratch or b) leave it as is. I wish it could be "a", but know that would never happen. That's ok though, I have lived with the OT for many years, and I can live with it for the rest of my life letting the DVD's sit on my shelf collecting duat as I watch the superior prequels.:)

IMHO of course.:D