PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Statue

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow GG is on a roll. This new Boba Fett statue looks quite a bit like the Mini Bust but thats not a bad thing considering thats one of the best pieces in the line. Keep in mind as with all of the SDCC pics this is still a prototype but man does it look good.

Reefer Shark
07-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Hmmmm.. .for some reason, I'm not that impressed with this prototype. I actually like the Koto Fett better.

If this is what the final product will look like, at least I'll be saving myself around $200. ;)

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah it is a prototype photo so I'd imagine some things will change on it Reefer.

I really like this statue but I do have a few issues with it. His left arm looks a little off and it seems to be missing his flamethrower. Also I think the person that took the photo had the flash turned on because it looks a bit to shiny.

Still I'll definitely be picking this one up. Like all of GG's statues I'm sure it will look much better in person.

Reefer Shark
07-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah, the flashy photo is partly what's turning me off on ths guy. I'm sure the color is a million times better in person.

Not so sure about that pose though, I guess we'll have to see it from some different angles before I can really form an opinion.

Jayspawn
07-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Same here Reefer Shark. Its a good looking statue though. The flash makes it look like his pelvis is turned in a bit. I'm sure it isnt and much more impressive in person. I cant wait to see more press images from GG when the time comes. But I'll get one I'm sure.

Jaster
07-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello all,
Newbie here and I'd just like to add my two cents here. The statue is amazing! I was chatting with one of the GG reps and he said that this proto still had tons of work to be done on it and that the finished product would be deserving of the Gentle Giant tradition, To which I could only say WOW!.

Hellboy
07-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the boards Jaster. :D

I agree with your comments. I do like what I see but there is obviously more work that needs to be done. I don't doubt for a minute that GG will deliver with the final product.

gsr-jedi
07-18-2005, 08:39 PM
yeah, there better be some more work done on it. It definitely looked like a very early prototype, as none of the details were there for it.

Turbowars
07-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Dude, it looks way better that the Koto John. You been on that Reefer for too long.;) You know is a really cool Koto, Jango. Man I want that one. Koto Fett is kind of boring. Well so is the GG. Now if they did something like the Unleashed I;m sure we all would go nuts.

On another note, GG Maul Statue is pretty killer too.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I really like this statue but I do have a few issues with it. His left arm looks a little off and it seems to be missing his flamethrower.

Could it be the goofy position that his left arm is in? It doesn't look natural... Boba has a bit of a Bruce Lee thing going on there with his fingers.

megaprime33
07-19-2005, 05:49 AM
Could it be the goofy position that his left arm is in? It doesn't look natural... Boba has a bit of a Bruce Lee thing going on there with his fingers.
I agree, his stance is a little too....silly to me. It's like he's actually posing for the picture instead of a shot that is taken from live action. The statue does look great, it's just the pose I'm not too crazy about.

Reefer Shark
07-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Dude, it looks way better that the Koto John. You been on that Reefer for too long.;) You know is a really cool Koto, Jango. Man I want that one. Koto Fett is kind of boring. Well so is the GG. Now if they did something like the Unleashed I;m sure we all would go nuts.

On another note, GG Maul Statue is pretty killer too.

LOL, yes.... way too long. I still like the Koto better though, mabye it's the reefer ;) I have the Jango too, and he's pretty cool. The paint isn't as nicely done as Fett, but he's in that cool pose with his blasters and all.

That Maul statue does look really nice. Now I'm glad I held off on the Koto Maul. I'm gonna pass on that one, and just get the GG statue.

Hellboy
07-19-2005, 04:07 PM

Yeah his fingers definitely are in a goofy position. Kind of a "cough twice and we're done here" pose. :eek: Still I'd think at least part of the flamethrower would be visable in that position and it isn't. Hopefully its one of the things that is still being worked on.

I'd like to back Reefer Shark up on his Koto Fett comments too. This is without a doubt THE best statue of Boba to date. It may look rather simple but the detail is amazing and it like most statues looks much better in person. One of the lines best pieces and FAR FAR superior to Jango. Just my opinion though. :D

gsr-jedi
07-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Here the pic I took at the Con
http://imagecash.servepics.com/preview/179273.jpg (http://imagecash.servepics.com/view.php?file=179273&owner=gsrjedi)

You can check out the rest of my photos here.
my SDCC pics (http://www.knowingisha-lfthebattle.com/sdcc2k5.htm)

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Here's the official picture now available for viewing on Gentle Giant's Site...

https://shop.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=WEB7583

The final pictures look great!!!! I'm still now wild about the pose the right hand is in. (?) Anyways, I'll definatly get one!

Hellboy
11-16-2005, 09:44 PM
I like it, the pose looks much better in those pictures. The fingers/hand has more of a "come and get some" look to them now. I'll definitely be picking this up this summer but knowing GG if they say in May it'll be June or July.

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I think Attakus Boba Fetts have better stances, but I'll definatly pick this one up. I can imagine opening it now.

sithisme
11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
ive already pre-ordered mine at nsidecollectibles.com. i cant wait for this item.

Jayspawn
11-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm doing the comp shopping on the Fett Statue now. I'll place my pre-order probably after the 1st of the year.

mm74md
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Is this thing ever coming out?

Jayspawn
06-08-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm getting a little impatient too. Hhmph! :tired:

Reefer Shark
06-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I saw one in person today, and man does it look great! The pose isn't the best, but the details and paint are awesome! his base is much smaller than previous releases too, and I like that.

I'm still waiting for my comic shop to get them in so I can get the discount though...

mm74md
06-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I preordered mine from "dreamjoey" on ebay whom I've used before. I paid in April $140 shipped, but he hasn't received his shipment in. Ugh

Jayspawn
06-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Is that a picture of "dreamjoey" on your avatar mm74md?

Mine is supposedly to ship this next week.

mm74md
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Is that a picture of "dreamjoey" on your avatar mm74md?

Hahaha. No. I have no idea who that is. She is someone elses avatar from a dvd forum I frequent.

Oh, and I ended up getting my money back from dreamjoey. Waiting 2 months for a product is too long.

Jayspawn
06-20-2006, 11:00 AM
My CC just got charged! Should be getting it soon!

Reefer Shark
06-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Picked mine up at my local comic shop today, it's awesome! I'm very happy with it :thumbsup:

Samuel Windu
06-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Yes,that's an awesome statue.An item worth to get:thumbsup:

Still waiting mine to arrive;)

TheDarthVader
06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
My Boba Fett statue is on the way! This guy looks to be one of the best 12-inchers that GG has made.

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Mine is in the mail now. Just a few more days to wait! :crazed:

nash
06-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Got my boba fett statue yesterday. I love it! the pose doesnt even bother me anymore, it's such a well done piece.

BlueSnags
06-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Got my boba fett statue yesterday. I love it! the pose doesnt even bother me anymore, it's such a well done piece.

Sweet! Mine should be here in a few days. After hearing all the positive reviews for this piece, I can't wait for Boba to show up.

Jayspawn
06-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Mine arrived yesterday! I got him all opened up and displayed. Very pleased, I'm glad GG went with the ROTJ look and that he has a smaller base. The detail is fantastic! I dont mind the pose so much in person anymore. I'm very pleased! :pleased:

Turbowars
06-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Sweet! Mine should be here in a few days. After hearing all the positive reviews for this piece, I can't wait for Boba to show up.You're such a GG tool.

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I've had to adjust my buying habits of late mostly due to the limited amount of display space I have so I sold all my GG 1/6 scale statues. That means I'll now be passing on this and future releases as well. Not really a big deal though since I already have a couple Boba Fett statues in my collection from Attakus and Kotobukiya. In addition I know Sideshow will eventually get around to producing him as a 1/4 scale Premium Format figure and I doubt I'd be able to pass that up. For me its hard enough justifying 3 versions of this character but 4 would definitely be overkill.

Jayspawn
07-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I hear that Hellboy. I'm done buying ANY Darth Vader Statues. Between Sideshow and Gentle Giant -I have plenty.

Samuel Windu
07-07-2006, 03:58 AM
A friend of mine said the paint job was quite poor.The mini bust was much better than this.I still waiting mine,so I cannot tell what I think.

Anyone has the same thought?