PDA

View Full Version : The SAGA collection first wave previews/reviews

jedi master sal
07-16-2005, 06:53 PM
So what does everyone think of the selected figs?

I'm certainly looking forward to a better sculpted Bib Fortuna. From the pics from Comicon he looks like a much improved fig over the old one.

I like the red effect on the Carbonite block with the Han and the Boussh fig looks pretty good.

These appear to be all new sculpts, so that's welcome.

What are your thought on these and the rest in the wave?

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I can't wait for them. I echo your thoughts on these, being especially excited about getting new sculpts of Leia Boush and Han in Carbonite. You are right, the red glowing "melting" feature for Han is a nice added feature.

I just hope these will be plentiful and not as hard to find as the higher #'ed figs from the ROTS line.

Slicker
07-16-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm definitely happy about these figure selections. The Bib isn't really needed but it's a welcome addition. The Han and the Leia are both looking really good and I can't wait to get them. Is there any definite word on when these bad boys will be hitting shelves?

Ji'dai
07-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm not that excited about another Bib since we just got the repainted re-release of him last year.

I do like the new Boushh. I'd like to get a look under that big helmet and see what Leia's head sculpt looks like though. The "thawing" Carbonite block with Han is a nice way to reintroduce this figure again, although the "red thaw" aspect could probably be customized pretty easily by painting the POTF version.

Fluke Skywalker
07-17-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm psyched about these, though they are a bit of a low key way to introduce the new line. And though you could argue that he needed to be, Bib Fortuna is a curious choice for a resculpt (No complaints though, Hasbro! Keep 'em coming!) can't wait to see them carded!

I assume that this will set the pattern for the whole line. 6-8 figures per "Wave" or "Theme", with about 3-4 of those being new sculpts and the rest re-packs or re-paints.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I cant WAIT to get back to the OT characters!!!

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I cant WAIT to get back to the OT characters!!!

Im with you all the way! Bring um on Hasbro!! :D :D

Kidhuman
07-17-2005, 10:10 AM
I like em. The whole wave/theme is a good idea. I liked it at the end of the Saga wave. It is a great idea to release the themes becuase its easier to track and buy them. You get the figures for the spoecific scene and its a lot better than waiting 3-6 months for the next Hoth figure or Palace figure.

ROTJLuke
07-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I agree, it keeps them all together, and it really does make them easier to track. Out of the first wave, Im def. getting Han, Leia, Chewie, and Bib. Well see how the others look carded, and if its a great find, and well go from there. But those characters (well at least Han, Leia and Bib) look great. Im gettin sooo excited, I seriously cannot wait

Devo
07-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm surprised two of you didn't think we needed a new Bib Fortuna. I think the old figure is as terrible as R5-D4. And remember, how many thought Lando skiff guard needed an update before seeing the Saga version? Likewise I think Bib will blow everyone away by the looks of him - you'll be aghast at ever having been satisfied with the obese POTF2 one.

Turbowars
07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I like what I've seen so far. Too bad these weren't at the Con to see in person. I too like the wave/theme thing that Hasbro has going on. The years to come look good.

JEDIpartner
07-18-2005, 08:12 AM
I recently found dirt cheap POTF2 versions of Boushh and Han w/Carbonite Block. I wish the block didn't have the "melting" aspect of it, though I do understand why that was done considering the theme of the wave. I hope they do a better job with Leia's face this time around. She was downright pretty when she took off that mask. What the heck kinda make up does she use that won't melt under those circumstances??!!! I was fine enough with the repaint of the Bib Fortuna as it kinda made the POTF2 on a little more appealing. I will probably get this wave but will ahve to see what the future holds for us. I have a feeling that each wave will have 2-3 new figures or "apology" resculpts and 4 reissues. This will either make the new figures easier or harder to find. We'll have to see. *shrug*

I'm VERY excited about the Astromech package that Entertainment Earth is going to offer. That's just good in every way. Now... howzabout giving us that R5-D4 we've been wanting for the last 10 years?

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I recently found dirt cheap POTF2 versions of Boushh and Han w/Carbonite Block. I wish the block didn't have the "melting" aspect of it, though I do understand why that was done considering the theme of the wave. I hope they do a better job with Leia's face this time around. She was downright pretty when she took off that mask. What the heck kinda make up does she use that won't melt under those circumstances??!!! I was fine enough with the repaint of the Bib Fortuna as it kinda made the POTF2 on a little more appealing. I will probably get this wave but will ahve to see what the future holds for us. I have a feeling that each wave will have 2-3 new figures or "apology" resculpts and 4 reissues. This will either make the new figures easier or harder to find. We'll have to see. *shrug*

I'm VERY excited about the Astromech package that Entertainment Earth is going to offer. That's just good in every way. Now... howzabout giving us that R5-D4 we've been wanting for the last 10 years?

If R5D4 isn't in the SAGA2 Tatooine wave, I KNOW some people that are gonna have BLOOD fly outta their bodies like they're in a horror film.
At this point, Hasbro should have a list that reads:

1- Kenner line figures wanted and not made(remember the POTF2 promise!)
2- figures needing a resculpt more than ANYTHING ON THE PLANET EARTH
3- vehicles and playsets FANS would gladly PAY FOR

R5D4, Cloud Car, Hermi Odle, all 8 Ewoks(resculpts and not done yets), Torture Rack Han, Medical Frigate Luke & Leia, Tatooine Qui-Gon, Mace Windu(Ep2 or Ep3), C3PO/leviating Endor Throne, DSII throne room, Sith Infiltraitor, Turbo Tank, AT-TE, Wieosola(sic), BOTH Tonnaka(sic) sisters...

I just listed stuff that could take up a HALF OF A YEAR for Hasbro to put out?

Where's the beef indeed?:mad:

JEDIpartner
07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Glad that you and I are on the same page with that! I can see a slow down in my collecting as they will be trotting out the endless parade of reissues, which is fine for new collectors. I will just concentrate on new sculpts of things that really needed new sculpts. I will pass on things that are more of "the same as before"...

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
I couldn't make out details well in those photos. Did anyone notice if Boushh comes with a thermal detonator molded into her hand like the SOTE/POTF2 version?

ROTJLuke
07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Glad that you and I are on the same page with that! I can see a slow down in my collecting as they will be trotting out the endless parade of reissues, which is fine for new collectors. I will just concentrate on new sculpts of things that really needed new sculpts. I will pass on things that are more of "the same as before"...

Im with you guys as well. Im really in it now for the ones I see worthy instead of being a completist. Its too expensive and you get the same thing almost always. Im really really optomistic about '06, and its looking like an amazing year. So, c'mon hasbro, crank out what we wanna see!