PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Darth Maul bust

megaprime33
07-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Is anyone else incredibly impressed by this?? I mean the quality is remarkable. It's actually like they took Ray Park's head off while he was dressed as DM and slabbed it on a bust post. And it's to scale! I would totally buy this if it wasn't 600 bucks and would freak me out completely being in my office.

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 12:10 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2909

You're right mp that is very cool. 600 clams seems rather high.

Captain Spoon
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
This is awesome but the price is a little high. So the tough decision is do I get my XBOX 360 or this bust..??? hmmm.... I think I'll get the XBOX only because I'm afraid If I woke up at night to get some water or something and saw it in the living room I might **** myself or something lol

JimJamBonds
07-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Don't forget about seeing a life sized head in the dark and then hitting it/throwing something at it to scare it away. lol

shammykenobi
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
This is kinda related...I have a cousin who had the life-sized cardboard darth maul a few years back...he had it in front of his window in his spare bedroom...his mom came over to stay with him for a bit and one night she went to the bathroom and accidentally walked into the spare bedroom instead of the bedroom she was staying in...since the lights were off all she could see was the silhouette of a man standing in front of the window...she got so freaked out that she lost her voice and couldn't call for anyone...finally after making her way to the floor and crying for a bit, she figured out the 'intruder' wasn't moving and switched on the lights to see what was going on...needless to say she felt pretty stupid and got really mad at my cousin for putting it in front of the window...true story.

Jayspawn
07-18-2005, 11:41 PM
My jaw hit the desk when I saw the pictures! It looks beyond incredible! Sideshow once again outdoes themselves. Even the specific skin detail looks amazing.

Though I could pull off getting one, I think I'm gonna wait and see what other characters Sideshow is going to make as 1:1 scale busts. I might hold out for Luke, Han or Obi-Wan. Boba Fett and C-3PO would be great too!

Hellboy
07-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah this 1:1 Maul bust looks amazing. It's really big though and $600 is a lot of money for a bust IMO. I'd rather spend $200 more and have GG's life-size Yoda with working lightsaber.

darko666
07-31-2005, 01:20 AM
that Darth Maul bust is amazing. to bad for the price, but with the work they put into it, it's probally worth it.

on a side note, i remembered seeing a News article a week ago or so on this site that said a Darth Maul FX lightsaber is being made. each side will be sold separately and if you buy two of them you can connect them together to make the full double bladed saber. can anyone shed some light on this. i can't seem to find the article and i'm wondering if Master Replicas(which i assume) is doing the saber, since they had nothing on their site mentioning it.

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 01:46 AM
i remembered seeing a News article a week or so ago on this site that said a Darth Maul FX lightsaber is being made

Yeah the Maul saber you're refering to is indeed going to be made by Master Replicas. I can't seem to find the specific thread where it was mentioned but it was part of the SDCC updates that JT submitted a while back if I remember correctly. There aren't any more details on it beyond what you mentioned as far as I know. I'm pretty excited for it myself.