PDA

View Full Version : Dear Master Replicas...Need Darth Vader Reveal

stillakid
07-18-2005, 07:18 PM
In all the hype of Star Wars over the years, one of the most iconic images of the saga has been overlooked by nearly everyone, that being the Darth Vader Reveal Helmet.

It is made of 3 pieces. The first is the collar which wraps around the neck and includes all the breathing gadgets and microphones used by Anakin.

Second is the "face," the interior details of which are sketchy at best.

Third is the classic "dome."

Some talented prop/replica makers have the tools and skills to construct their own versions of this. But what would it take for a company like Master Replicas to reproduce this type of collectable?

Captain Spoon
07-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Maybe Sideshow will make a 1:1 bust of Vader with a removeable helmet, How mint would that be???

megaprime33
07-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Maybe Sideshow will make a 1:1 bust of Vader with a removeable helmet, How mint would that be???
If it will be anything like the darth maul bust it will be just....no words will describe how good it will be.....and how high the price tag will be.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:30 PM
MR will be releasing the ROTJ Vader "Reveal" helmet in 2006 BUT from the clues that Steve and Barry have been giving over the past few months it will come with front Neck piece including "mouth" and microphone, back neck piece and the top of the helmet. No dome.

stillakid
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
MR will be releasing the ROTJ Vader "Reveal" helmet in 2006 BUT from the clues that Steve and Barry have been giving over the past few months it will come with front Neck piece including "mouth" and microphone, back neck piece and the top of the helmet. No dome.

That's really great news! Thanks for the update. :) But why no dome? That doesn't make a lot of sense. :confused:

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 01:13 AM
stilla, I've seen some custom Vader Reveal Helmts on Ebay from time to time. They look awesome! Worth checking into if you want it sooner.

Jedi_Mike
08-18-2005, 11:00 AM
The "No Dome" is most likely to show off the top of the helmet's details. I'd love a specialized base to show them off separately top half and bottom but it will probably line up together. Also, No Dome allows for those who purchase the ROTS helmet to have a different piece in their collection, they don't alienate possible customers by going that route...I added pics from the official site of what the two pieces may look like. Hopefully they're in there.

Jayspawn
08-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Good speculating Jedi Mike. I can imagine how the setup would look like.

"Impressive...most impressive."

2-1B
08-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay, so the news page has a link to the new helmet (with dome) and I gotta say, for $900 I think it's pretty goofy. Sorry for the negativity, but what is that big strap doing on the back of the mask ? :confused:

Really, why would anybody wear a $900 mask ? :confused:
I think the strap makes it look cheap. lol

Darth_Brad
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Well, that would be what makes the Studio Scale version unique. The reveal helmet does make a little more sense, but the SS is exactly what Hayden wore, and that makes it a more accurate prop replica IMO.

kingyeti
08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
i still hope they end up making some kind of reveal helmet.it would look very nice sitting next to the SS one.

2-1B
08-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Well, that would be what makes the Studio Scale version unique. The reveal helmet does make a little more sense, but the SS is exactly what Hayden wore, and that makes it a more accurate prop replica IMO.

A valid point :) as far as what the actor wore, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

But personally I would be more interested in something the "character" was supposedly wearing. Which means no strap, 'cause I didn't see one in the movie. :crazed:
Does it come with the sweatband Hayden wore around his head while he wore that hot box on his noggin for shooting ? lol lol lol

Markimus
08-21-2005, 10:53 AM
You don't see the strap when the Vader helmet is on your display stand... so what's wrong with it? Its only there for wearing it.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 10:56 AM
really.how often would someone be wearing one around?maybe if you rode a motorcycle or snowboarded daily?

Markimus
08-21-2005, 11:04 AM
If I spend $900 -1400 on a helmet like this... I'm not wearing it ! Be too afraid it would scratch or worse.

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 11:07 AM
no doubt.mine will eventually be put in an acrylic case.out of reach from the kids.i have taught them to keep thier hands off of my lightsabers though.

2-1B
08-21-2005, 11:56 AM
really.how often would someone be wearing one around?

That's what I wanna know ! :crazed:

kingyeti
08-21-2005, 03:27 PM
i'm sure i'll wear mine more than once but not regulary.maybe some role playing with the wife!LOL!!

2-1B
08-21-2005, 10:48 PM
I love your creativity, kingyeti. :crazed:
Good luck ! :D

kingyeti
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
may the force be with her.always.

stillakid
08-22-2005, 08:24 PM
The reason I asked about the dome was because it is a part of the overall mask, not because I'm a moron who doesn't comprehend that there are details to expose in the "reveal" mode. :rolleyes: I already have a very cool Don Post Deluxe Vader so that "complete" look is already covered in my collection, which is why I really would like a "reveal" mask to compliment it. And just as I might want to leave it in "dismantled" mode for display, it would also be cool to have the option to close 'er up too.

And for the record, that dumb strap thing was part of the original design for Prowse which is why it shows up on most versions of the mask. These things generally are meant to be wearable and frequently are despite the cost. I mean, your car likely cost 10 times as much and you drive it around. I don't see the difference. :love:

kingyeti
08-22-2005, 09:20 PM
i agree. it would be nice to have both and maybe master replicas will accomodate us one day.i know i would buy both.

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
MR will surely provide both as they've been hinting even before the first ROTS was announced. Although those who have high hope of wearing the ROTS helmet remember its a studio scale so its taken directly from the Lucasfilms molds, meaning unless your face matches Hayden Christenson's you'll always have an awkward fit....Just food for thought. Personally mines going to be displayed only and far from anyone's hands!

Markimus
09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Agreed Mike... I think I may try to wear it once just to see... but this is a display piece only... but I think thats fine because it is an exact replica of what Hayden wore...made to the exact same specs as the one in the movie... I mean how cool is that !! How often do you get a chance to have something like that !! I can't wait to get mine... hate waiting !

stillakid
09-11-2005, 06:15 PM
MR will surely provide both as they've been hinting even before the first ROTS was announced. Although those who have high hope of wearing the ROTS helmet remember its a studio scale so its taken directly from the Lucasfilms molds, meaning unless your face matches Hayden Christenson's you'll always have an awkward fit....Just food for thought. Personally mines going to be displayed only and far from anyone's hands!

You know, I hadn't thought of that before. The Don Post Deluxe was sculpted from the ESB Prowse mask...so it's absolutely HUGE and looks ridiculous on anyone (me) who isn't 6'5" and 200+ lbs.

The Hayd-er mask might actually look "normal" on the rest of us of average build. Hmmm?

Jayspawn
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Hard to say stilla, Hayden beefed up a little for ROTS. But the helmet and the outfit looks MUCH better on a tall person with that build.

stillakid
09-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Hard to say stilla, Hayden beefed up a little for ROTS. But the helmet and the outfit looks MUCH better on a tall person with that build.

Yeah, I guess we'd want to avoid hearing, "Aren't you a little short for a Sith Lord?" :D

Jedi_Mike
10-03-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm interested to see how this thing does fit my face and head. One time only and then on a shelf for the rest of my natural life. :)

JimJamBonds
10-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I guess we'd want to avoid hearing, "Aren't you a little short for a Sith Lord?" :D

While I personally don't have an issue with Hayder's height... I do have to give credit where credit is due: good one Stilla! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Mike
10-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Back on topic. Someone on another set of boards just toured MR's offices and saw their prototypes for 2006. All he could say is that "The WEATHER was great!" Maybe the ROTJ Vader Helmet is well weathered and has Emperor damage!!!