PDA

View Full Version : How Long, How Many and Who?

princethomas
07-18-2005, 10:06 PM
So this line seems like its set up to be a line that would run for quite a long time. Like the POTF2 line. So Im wondering how long this will go. How many figures we will get total and what they are?

I was hoping that they would put together a line that would run over the next 5-6 years during the release of the 3-D versions.

Maybe about 40-50 figures per year. Somewhere along the lines of 250-300 total figs? Any chance of this?

As for who there will be. Id hope for a lot of figures that we havent seen before of course. I d like a few more generic figures. But not too many. a Generic Orange Cloaked Queen's Handmaiden would be cool. A Kitster would be cool too.
While I hope they dont go to crazy on the famous characters. ie. we dont need 3 Obi wans and 3 qui-gons from TPM. I would though, like to see about as many different Queen/Padmes as we can get. every outfit. I know that would be about 32 Padmes total. But Id like to see it.
-T

LTBasker
07-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm hoping for not very long, 2 figures tops. Maybe 3 but that's pushing it. Then they can switch over to a decent line. :p

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 01:36 AM
We tallied a list of about 211 figures(give or take) that hadnt been made prior to ROTS, then a bunch more. If Hasbro makes all those figures wist sticking in rehashes of core characters, we could be in this line for roughly 8 years with 50-60 being released each year.

Fluke Skywalker
07-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Yeah, there are enough unmade and need to be re-made figures to last a long, long time. As far as the line under this banner (Saga or Saga 2 as we've dubbed it) I see Hasbro changing it up every couple of years.

I can see in 2007, with the 30th anniversary and all, the line changing it's name to the "Anniversary collection" or some such. They'll have to keep it fresh. And Hasbro certainly hasn't been shy about changing the packaging on a regular basis.

Darth Alex
07-19-2005, 04:20 AM
I could LITERALLY watch the 5 films on DVD, exclude ROTS, and come up with about 500 items I'd buy. Seriously...and over time.
This line could be one that has the staying power of the POTF2, without all the problems that Hasbro would have seemed to learn from-allowing stores to overorder, manufacturing too much, not capitalizing on fan demand.
I believe that this line will go on for 2 years, 2006 and 2007.
With all the new blood in this hobby, as well as fans who are re-invigorated to collecting and playing/displaying, 2006 should be a fine year. 2007 will have a big OTC like push I assume...I also assume that Hasbro won't make the last waves in 2007 IMPOSSIBLE to find.
As Randy at the last PSWCS Eastern PA meeting and MottiMearl pointed out, the last few waves of a line are always hard to find.
BUT...with the set up of a six film plus expanded universe line, Hasbro literally has CARTE BLANCHE to choose from in making figures.
If I runs STRONG in 2006 and 2007, AND let's face it, EVERY SINGLE YEAR I've seen next year's line show up in November and mostly December, we WILL see the start of the 2006 line this year.....anyway, I think we'll see about 120 carded figures each year easy...56 and 56...2006 and 2007....with a little wiggle room for variants that amount to a new figure.

WHO-that's the HUGE question!

Between the unmade Kenner line, the obscure chance that Hasbro would do a repro set of both Ewoks and Droids figures for us crazy nuts, EU figures we want from VOS to Luke Starkiller, Jabba's palace aliens, Cantina aliens, Torture Rack Han, Ben/Luke with seeker ball w/lightening effect, Wiosola(sic), more Handmaidens, more Imperial Dignitaries, the 17 costumes we still don't have that Portman wore in the entire Prequel Saga, not to forget the playsets and vehicles like the Cloud Car that Hasbro refuses to admit would make fans HAPPY and could be made to make them(Hasbro) $$$, whew.....

That's a buttload of toys right there.

Who???????????????????????????
Who not?
Between all of the above, plus Evolutions/VOTC-style redos, and more variants of Imperials, we could have a healthy, fun, and impressive SAGA2 line that could be strong for 2 years, before getting a packaging change into individual waves(packaging included) for each film.

At some point, Hasbro will probably undo the whole unifying concept of the SAGA2 line and split the year into 6 2 month intervals for each film, one period OTC, one period PTC to mix it up and keep people that hate Ewoks and TPM happy along side people who'll buy and want it ALL.

All this said, if there was a Celebration 4 exclusive set of Lucas, Warwick Davis, Anthony Daniels, Mccallum, Burnett, and others in 3 3/4" scale to make it look like a film set....I'd buy those.
Put 'em near your SW figures and you'd have a really WEIRD but COOL diorama.
Heck, I'd take a Lucas in flannel shirt behind a film camera.
Or would he take offense and not license it 'cuz it's not digital:nerv:

evenflow
07-19-2005, 10:07 AM
I hope the line last as long as it takes to get a Yarna Da'l Gargan.

DarkArtist
07-19-2005, 11:35 AM
I just want to see a healthy line of both new and some rehash, i mean all in all we all know that Hasbro is not going to pass on the chance to give us some of the core characters that have come before on just a new card. i still interested to see this new mini holo figure that is going to be packaged with each figure , Curious..... i hope it's not like the GI Joe mini figure line were it wasa smaller version of a character in a preposed stance. Maybe they will make the figure similar to the Sidious and Leia ones we already have.

Anyway I will be happy if we can finally get a Cody. :) I starting to sound like ROTJ Luke with his hopes for the DSII Luke. Hey we all want something nothing wrong with wishing for it to be made right. :D

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
I just want to see a healthy line of both new and some rehash, i mean all in all we all know that Hasbro is not going to pass on the chance to give us some of the core characters that have come before on just a new card. i still interested to see this new mini holo figure that is going to be packaged with each figure , Curious..... i hope it's not like the GI Joe mini figure line were it wasa smaller version of a character in a preposed stance. Maybe they will make the figure similar to the Sidious and Leia ones we already have.

Anyway I will be happy if we can finally get a Cody. :) I starting to sound like ROTJ Luke with his hopes for the DSII Luke. Hey we all want something nothing wrong with wishing for it to be made right. :D

Just keep holdin out there man! Ive got a strong feeling Cody is on the way. I know they were talking about the demand and the plans to make this figure at Comic Con, so just keep holdin out there, and youll get it. I too would love to see Cody carded, and this is a great year to put him out there. :) Im still hoping for a miracle, that being the battle of the Death Star wave contains figures from the DSI and DSII, so that way I get my Luke :) I promise all of you guys Ill shut the f**k up once they make it!:D :D :crazed: :D

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Cody is in the Evolution package isnt he? The Yellow clone commander?

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Cody is in the Evolution package isnt he? The Yellow clone commander?

I guess you could techanically say he is, but I believe Hasbro is going to card him individually. I remember reading a Q&A with Hasbro from CC,saying they know the demand for this figure and well eventually see it.

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Out of everything that is upon us with these new lines of figures, I really am hoping we get a decent Qui Gon Jinn and a super articulated and super detailed Jango Fett. Just make one kickass figure of Jango that has no gimmicks, great articulation and detail, and I am happy. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Kidhuman, Cody isn't in the Evolutions pack. The ROTS clone is one that serves under Commander Bly and Aayla Secura on Felucia, and is basically a yellow version of the #33 Clone Commander figure without the visor thing (though it is a new figure).

I bet that it will at least reach the end of 2006, then they'll change it again for the 30th anniversary or something.

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Im just hoping for a great year...

Turbowars
07-19-2005, 07:16 PM
As long as we don't get any EU and very few rehash, I think the line will be heading the right direction. We don't need hasbro straying off course with crap like the 2" Unleashed, mini junk and the lamest of them all M&M advertisement figures. Since they can't screw up the 12" line anymore we should be in good shape.

Umbra
07-19-2005, 07:40 PM
As long as we don't get any EU and very few rehash, I think the line will be heading the right direction.

Out of curiocity what do people have against EU figurews. I for one would LOVE EU figures. And at least for hasbro basing some figures off successful games like KOTOR or Republic Commando could bring in a profit I'd immagine, though I still want a Jacen and Jaina figure =/

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I liked the EU line when they did it in the late 90's, I got all of them. For '06, I think they should handle it the way they did the end of the '04 Saga Collection. Figures of Characters we want done w/o action features and with the max amount of detail put into sculpting along with good articulation. The did great remakes (Jabba's Palace and Hoth Luke, Tie Pilot, Skiff Lando) those figures were really good looking. Im hoping in '06 we see the figures (core and minor, an equal balance) we have been asking for. Realistically, were not going to see the background characters that were only in the scene for a few seconds that one needs to complete a diorama, but well see those characters that are minor yet fan favorites, i.e. R5-D4. I also believe we will see core characters that we have been asking for, i.e. Padmae in various outfits, Endor Han, etc. Im really looking foward to this year. The Han Carbonite looks great, and I like the red glow they put on the carbonite. The Leia boussh was long over due, and a newly sculpted Bib Fortuna is always welcomed. Barada, its iffy, but repainted on an individual card could be neat, and Chewie with "realistic" chains sounds good to. Hasbro seems to be making an effort not yet to be seen, and Im really liking it.

I hope that they could somehow incorporate my Luke into one of two waves, either the Endor or the Death Star wave. Now, I know what your thinking, include him w/ the poncho and helmet, but I was thinking more along the lines of:

Luke Skywalker:Endor Capture or Endor Celebration, which ever fits

if not, and they do it on the DS wave, they could call it:

Luke Skywalker: Death Star Confrontation or Death Star Duel, which ever fits

Hell, use both of the same figure in both waves. I will stop b**ching and moaning about this figure once it is made and I have 5 or 6 of them. :) Its my favorite character (Luke Skywalker) in my favorite scene (Death Star Duel) and I think they really gave us a slap in the face when they did it for the first fime. Why do it at all if your not going to do it right? The Throne Room Duel one was horrible, it was aimed at kids, which is good for them, but what about us who really love this character and wanted one aimed at us collectors? It wasnt fair that they made yet another Jabba's Palace one, and underminded the Death Star II version.But enough about that, thats how I feel about this and that.

Happy Hunting all, and heres to a great year for us (finally) collectors!! :) :) :)

Turbowars
07-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Out of curiocity what do people have against EU figurews. I for one would LOVE EU figures. And at least for hasbro basing some figures off successful games like KOTOR or Republic Commando could bring in a profit I'd immagine, though I still want a Jacen and Jaina figure =/Personally I don't read the books and as far as I'm concerned the books play no part in the SW Saga. They are a waste of Hasbros resources. Finish the OT then go to EU. One of the reasons Hasbro doesn't do many EU is because they don't sell well with the general public and the following is small compared to the film figures. Basically in my opinion I think they are crap.

princethomas
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
We tallied a list of about 211 figures(give or take) that hadnt been made prior to ROTS, then a bunch more. If Hasbro makes all those figures wist sticking in rehashes of core characters, we could be in this line for roughly 8 years with 50-60 being released each year.

Where is this list. Id like to read through it. I was just going through the movies in my head. I came up with about 56 for Menace and 65 For Clones that Id like to see. many are ones we have had before. And Im not as good with the names of everyone.

Kidhuman
07-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Where is this list. Id like to read through it. I was just going through the movies in my head. I came up with about 56 for Menace and 65 For Clones that Id like to see. many are ones we have had before. And Im not as good with the names of everyone.

Here is the thread in which we voted on the Top 50. The first post contains a list of the figures.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25024

JimJamBonds
07-20-2005, 12:55 AM
We don't need hasbro straying off course with crap like the 2" Unleashed, mini junk and the lamest of them all M&M advertisement figures.

I actually like the M&M figures, I think its tounge in cheek and well done. Sure its silly but does everything have to be 100% just like in the movies?

Turbowars
07-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes it does. ;) No,sure it doesn't and it's not. I find the M&M figures to be insulting. They want us to purchase a commercial, I don't think so. I know, I know some people say SW toys are just a advertisements, but SW has been around to long to even say that now. The movies are a advertisement for the figures, not the other way around.

kool-aid killer
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I just want the line to provide a decent amount of core characters (a given) and an ample amount of people we have never seen in plastic form before. Truth is, im not excited to see Leia as Boush or another carbonite Han, simply because we have had these figures before. I will be really upset if we get more and more versions of characters we already have (and in decent form already too) instead of ones that really need a tune up, like Owen Lars, R5-G4 etc.

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 12:46 PM
I just want the line to provide a decent amount of core characters (a given) and an ample amount of people we have never seen in plastic form before. Truth is, im not excited to see Leia as Boush or another carbonite Han, simply because we have had these figures before. I will be really upset if we get more and more versions of characters we already have (and in decent form already too) instead of ones that really need a tune up, like Owen Lars, R5-G4 etc.

I dissagree with you there, because I believe that the Leia Boussh, Han Carbon, and Bib Fortuna needed resculpts. These figures haven seen fresh plastic since '96. Im excited to see these figures, and what else they can crank out for us.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Yes it does. ;) No,sure it doesn't and it's not. I find the M&M figures to be insulting. They want us to purchase a commercial, I don't think so. I know, I know some people say SW toys are just a advertisements, but SW has been around to long to even say that now. The movies are a advertisement for the figures, not the other way around.
Nobody said anybody had to buy anything. I happen to like the M&Ms figures, since I really like the characters on the M&Ms bags. I think they are fun. :) It's nice to at least see something new, even if it isn't in the basic figure line.

jedi master sal
07-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Okay, so getting back to the original question...

How many and how long?

How long will the line last: This incarnation (before a card design change), I'd give about 2 years at most, then it's either a card change or the end.

How many figures? For this line...hmm hard to say. Next year we'd be lucky to see 50 single carded figs. I'd actually guess on the conservative side and say 40 figs in 2006. As years go by and get farther away from the movie, then it's les and les figs. I'd guess in 2007 we'd still see aroung 36-40 figs. Then providing the line last, we'd be lucky to see 24 figs a year.

I'm guessign that in no more than 5 years, Hasbro SW action figures will cease to exhist, or they will only rerelease figs and not make any new ones.

Just a guess though.

master J
07-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Here is the thread in which we voted on the Top 50. The first post contains a list of the figures.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25024

Has a list like this been made for Revenge of the Sith? I cannot find it, if it has been done!

JEDIpartner
07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
I still say 3-4 new figures per wave with 10 figures per wave and around 5-6 waves per year until 2007.

Turbowars
07-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Nobody said anybody had to buy anything.Yeah, I know. I didn't say that either.

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Okay, so getting back to the original question...

How many and how long?

How long will the line last: This incarnation (before a card design change), I'd give about 2 years at most, then it's either a card change or the end.

How many figures? For this line...hmm hard to say. Next year we'd be lucky to see 50 single carded figs. I'd actually guess on the conservative side and say 40 figs in 2006. As years go by and get farther away from the movie, then it's les and les figs. I'd guess in 2007 we'd still see aroung 36-40 figs. Then providing the line last, we'd be lucky to see 24 figs a year.

I'm guessign that in no more than 5 years, Hasbro SW action figures will cease to exhist, or they will only rerelease figs and not make any new ones.

Just a guess though.

Hasbro has the license to SW Figs until 2018, so I hope they dont cease to make the SW line anymore. I actually doubt they will. The T.V. series is comming out, and theyll keep making um prob. for the collectors, or us in other words.

bigbarada
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
I anticipate a card-design change pretty much every year that the line lasts.

I have a feeling that Hasbro will try their best to sell the line until the release of the TV show. If the TV show flops then I don't expect the toyline to last too much longer.

I give the entire line 2-3 years max before the retailers bail out (and that's my most optimistic prediction). After that, it's no more Star Wars toys for anybody.

Right now that Saga 2 line looks to be 50% rereleases and 50% resculpts/new figures. The fact that Hasbro is relying so heavily on rereleases shows that THEY aren't all that confident of continued interest in the line after Christmas 2005.

Kidhuman
07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Has a list like this been made for Revenge of the Sith? I cannot find it, if it has been done!

It is in the ROTS section. The thread is vote for your top 20 unmade ROTS figures here. Tycho had statred it. I am too lazy to find the link now.

Umbra
07-21-2005, 12:43 AM
save trouble, heres the RotS thread link:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28544

Deoxyribonucleic
07-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Personally I don't read the books and as far as I'm concerned the books play no part in the SW Saga. They are a waste of Hasbros resources. Finish the OT then go to EU. One of the reasons Hasbro doesn't do many EU is because they don't sell well with the general public and the following is small compared to the film figures. Basically in my opinion I think they are crap.

Although I love the books (most of them anyway) simply because I love to read and I love star wars, I'm gonna have to agree with Turbo here...I'd much rather have OT figs that have not been made, made first, then move on to EU if necessary. I'd rather have a lil plastic replica of characters I've seen and known, don't really care for having any that come from the books.

I guess Sideshow collectibles is going to do a poll on their website for the new 12" line having something to do with EU 12" star wars figures...heard about it in a panel discussion on action figures at SDCC but I checked the site and don't see anything yet.

kool-aid killer
07-21-2005, 01:02 AM
I dissagree with you there, because I believe that the Leia Boussh, Han Carbon, and Bib Fortuna needed resculpts. These figures haven seen fresh plastic since '96. Im excited to see these figures, and what else they can crank out for us.

If thats the case (due to the figures age) then many of us basically are looking at buying much of what we already have, i dont think thats going to go over well with all of us either. While it is appealing to those who may have gotten into the game late, its a slap in the face to those of us who have been buying since day one.

I think Saga 2 will last about two years, after that Hasbro will find a new name to call it and a new packaging style, just to keep it fresh and look updated when compared to other toy lines.

ROTJLuke
07-22-2005, 07:37 AM
If thats the case (due to the figures age) then many of us basically are looking at buying much of what we already have, i dont think thats going to go over well with all of us either. While it is appealing to those who may have gotten into the game late, its a slap in the face to those of us who have been buying since day one.

I think Saga 2 will last about two years, after that Hasbro will find a new name to call it and a new packaging style, just to keep it fresh and look updated when compared to other toy lines.

Where as I can see your point, I can agree to disagree. I believe that yes, they may be figures we already have, but they're being updated, so Im happy for this. I love the OT core characters, and Ill be sure to get um if they're resculpted and updated. We havent seen these figures since 1996, thats about 10 years of absense from these guys. Im happy with what Hasbro is releasing, and Im thinkin its gonna be a great year. :)

DarthQuack
05-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I wish I didn't sell off all my SAGA figs....I'll just have to get them again I guess.

2-1B
05-05-2008, 12:48 AM
by the title of this thread, I thought it was gonna be sexual.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2008, 12:52 AM
tucked nicely, triple digits, ho ho ho, I will not divulge

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 12:57 AM
SW is so dead you guys have nothing better to do than dig up old threads?;) Its dead everywhere. Even my Dodge Truck Website is slower than hell.

2-1B
05-05-2008, 12:59 AM
SW ? :confused:

Turbowars
05-05-2008, 01:00 AM
God I hope you are joking..........:tired: