PDA

View Full Version : COMMANDER CODY in 2006

DarkArtist
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Great news, once again our prayers have been answered. According to Galactic Hunter, a Hasbro rep by the name of Brian W has confirmed that Commander Cody will see the plastic treatment in the Saga 2 line. I can only guess that this figure will be released in 06. :) :D :D :D :D

Now if only ROTJ Luke's prayers of the best DS II Luke would come to light. I hoping just as much as you ROTJ Luke. Perhaps Hasbro is finally waking up. :)

rich_of_the_dead
07-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Yessss! alright dark artist nice post !!!!:D

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Great news, once again our prayers have been answered. According to Galactic Hunter, a Hasbro rep by the name of Brian W has confirmed that Commander Cody will see the plastic treatment in the Saga 2 line. I can only guess that this figure will be released in 06. :) :D :D :D :D

Now if only ROTJ Luke's prayers of the best DS II Luke would come to light. I hoping just as much as you ROTJ Luke. Perhaps Hasbro is finally waking up. :)

First off, great news about Cody. I cant wait to see him individually carded, I will def. pick that one up. Second of all, Im still hopin, we have two lines that my DSII Luke could work in (see my post in the SAGA 2 fourms about who, when, etc., its my last post, the biggest one) thirdly, I think Hasbro is finally waking up. I have huge amounts of faith in them, and Im thinking they realize we are their biggest supporters. Finally, I just wanna say thank you to people like Dark Artist who have befriended me here. Your seriously the coolest [EDITED for Language] on these fourms, and Ive got your back thru w/e! Heres to '06, I have a feeling its gonna be a great year! :D :D

Kidhuman
07-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, we knew it was a matter of time. The quicker the better. I am gonna move this to Saga 2 section

Slicker
07-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Let's just hope that they do him up right with a removable helmet, blaster, and even Obi's lightsaber handle (if that was indeed Cody that handed it to him). That'd be pretty friggin' sweet.

Fluke Skywalker
07-20-2005, 03:02 AM
Let's just hope that they do him up right with a removable helmet

I agree. Let's just hope the face sculpt is better than on the AT-TE Gunner :dead:

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I agree also, the AT-TE Gunner face sculpt is terrible. Im happy to hear this news, and itll def. be a good buy

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
He never said it will be out in 2006. Judging by the wave assortment we have, he won't be out in 2006. The only ROTS wave is from Coruscant, and we might get him in there, but I wouldn't bet on it.

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 12:15 PM
He never said it will be out in 2006. Judging by the wave assortment we have, he won't be out in 2006. The only ROTS wave is from Coruscant, and we might get him in there, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Thats a swift kick to the balls...Im still hoping for the best, I read it, but I read it when it first came out (The report, that is) and he said Cody was def. going to see some plastic. I figured he meant '06. Im still hopin for you D.A.! :)

DarkArtist
07-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes true there is no date or year given for the release hence why I said I can only guess. however, it was orignally thought the the ROTS line was only going to be 56 figures and now we are getting an additional 12, Cody might be another wave that has yet to be announced. :)

Here's hoping, I am not sure if I can wait for 07. :(

Anyway the new is still great to hear that will will be getting a cody finally. :D :D

I also agree that the facial sculpt on the AT-TE Gunner lacked, but the face sculpt for the Clone Trooper on Speeder Bike in the Clone Wars Line wasn't that much better. :)

evenflow
07-20-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it will be out in 2006. You figure he will be in one of the waves, possibly Coruscant.

Turbowars
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
It really doesn't matter what a Hasbro Rep says. They are full of crap 95% of the time. They have many years to give us what we want and they aren't just going to give us all the cool stuff now. There will be 1-2 cool figures in each wave, maybe less and the rest will be mediocre, repacks and stuff. As far as I'm concerned Cody can be one of the last figures made, I just want my OT.;)

ROTJLuke
07-20-2005, 05:31 PM
It really doesn't matter what a Hasbro Rep says. They are full of crap 95% of the time. They have many years to give us what we want and they aren't just going to give us all the cool stuff now. There will be 1-2 cool figures in each wave, maybe less and the rest will be mediocre, repacks and stuff. As far as I'm concerned Cody can be one of the last figures made, I just want my OT.;)

where as I am with you on that, I also do want a Cody figure, and I hope they repack the Evolutions Anakin ep. III. That would def. be a great buy. As much as I love the OT, I do like the PT core characters.

DarkArtist
07-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I was under the impression that the rep announced this at the Comic-Con because the story was underneath Galactic Hunter's Comic Con coverage. I hope this is not a joke about Cody cause I would really be in a bad mood. :mad:

ROTJ Luke thanks for the kind words, :) but in all respects everyone here deserves the same praise. :) We're one big happy family looking out for each other. :)

And yes the idea of the Evolutions Anakin repacked would be awesome, the chances of me finding any of the evolution sets are most likely slim to none.

ROTJLuke
07-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Any time, Im hoping for Cody and DSIILuke in the upcomming Courasant and Death Star waves, it would be all too perfect. :)

Jayspawn
07-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm willing to bet we'll get Cody in '06. It'lll be one of the highlights of the year!

Turbowars
07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
There better be better high lights than Cody. ROTS already cured me of buying every single carded figure. Hasbro needs to either remove their heads from their behinds and show us what they can really do. If Saga 2 is 85% repacks the line will not go to 2018. No way in hell. Hasbro is it's own worst enemy.

jedibear
07-31-2005, 12:11 AM
I also look forward to the prospect of seeing a Commander Cody figure.

I hope that Hasbro does this character justice and includes a removable helmet, a holo-Sidious*, an Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt and some weapons.

* the holo-Sidious could be molded onto his hand, provided he has interchangable hands...one with Sid, one for holding saberhilt and/or weapons.

This particular clone deserves some great treatment as a figure...
...I hope Hasbro doesn't skimp here.

I think they've done a decent job with the CloneTroopers from ROTS (except for those pre-posed multi-pak ones)

Here's hoping Cody gets a great figure...

Blackened88
07-31-2005, 02:41 PM
We will probably get Cody but he'll end up being like Bacara, not SA, gimicks and that will be a boot in the as-.

ROTJLuke
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I think hell be a great figure, and theyll prob throw in articulation too. I read somewhere that this guy was sitting in the front row of hasbros presentation at CC,and he said they said most of the figures are going to have great articulation, if not SA. I think cody will be just fine

DarkArtist
08-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I hope they also do him justice and make him with the clone #41 body and the AT-TE gunner's head and helmet, just add the visor. As far as molded hand holding sidious and kenobi Lightsaber not too crazy about that, would rather have a figure that comes with the accesorries and can be posed in multiple stances and hold mulitple weapons.
I mean if Ebay people can already get this figure today for an arm and leg Hasbro must surly know that this figure will fly off the pegs if done properly. i think I even saw a Cody with a Sidious holo and removable helmet with a starting bid of $50. The final amount was over $100.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I hope they also do him justice and make him with the clone #41 body and the AT-TE gunner's head and helmet, just add the visor. As far as molded hand holding sidious and kenobi Lightsaber not too crazy about that, would rather have a figure that comes with the accesorries and can be posed in multiple stances and hold mulitple weapons.
I mean if Ebay people can already get this figure today for an arm and leg Hasbro must surly know that this figure will fly off the pegs if done properly. i think I even saw a Cody with a Sidious holo and removable helmet with a starting bid of $50. The final amount was over $100.
But, he needs a new jetpack thing on his back. I suppose if they really wanted to cut corners they could just plug that into #41's back. But since the ball joint for the head on #41 is so huge I don't think a removable helmet would work . . . it would just be better all around if they use a new body, IMO. :)

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 09:19 AM

Where are you seeing this on ebay?

DarkArtist
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
I have seen him the past two months in both a 3 3/4 version as well as the 12" versions and the bids have been insane. The twelve was the one that started at $50 and went to about $150.
There have been several figures made that the characters never existed in the movie, some like Commander Freye, who have sold for me than $100.
Lokk under the Title Custom Star Wars and you will see some the craziness that is going on. :crazed: :crazed:

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Ill def. have to check that out :)

Ha, thats some crazy s**t. Look at this auction up for the "Topless Padme"

ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Custom-TOPLESS-Padme-Amidala-AOTC-Queen_W0QQitemZ5992048411QQcategoryZ50263QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
You know what would be wacky? If Cody's shoulders weren't ball-jointed, and he didn't have ankle articulation, and people rose a stink about it. That would just be silly as nuts.