PDA

View Full Version : Commander Appo

Blackened88
07-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Who is Commander Appo, I know he's the commander of the 501st but does he look any different from the others? If Commander Appo and Thire are in the movie why is there no page about them in the Star Wars Databank? Also can anyone find a single difference from Commander Thire then from the Shocktroopers? Do these Commanders stand out in any way or do they just mix in with the rest of the clones?

JimJamBonds
07-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Some of this was asked about in another thread and might answer some of your questions..... http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29079&highlight=Commander+Appo

jedi master sal
07-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Who is Commander Appo, I know he's the commander of the 501st but does he look any different from the others? If Commander Appo and Thire are in the movie why is there no page about them in the Star Wars Databank? Also can anyone find a single difference from Commander Thire then from the Shocktroopers? Do these Commanders stand out in any way or do they just mix in with the rest of the clones?

There is a page about Thire here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/commanderthire/index.html

There doesn't appear to be any significant difference to Thire's armor than the other Shocktroopers. That could be the same for Appo as well, but has yet to be determined by LFL.

-Sal

Blackened88
07-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I have a theory about the scene with Commander Bly. In the scene there is Bly, his grunts and one other clone. That one other clone has the switched shoulder thing to match Bly. In my opinion I would consider him a Lieutenant in a way like Lieutenant Fox. What do you guys think about my theory?

JEDIpartner
07-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Appo? That's Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's kid, right?

CaptainSolo1138
07-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Appo? That's Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's kid, right?
Boooooooo! What a horrible joke, JP. EVERYONE knows that Appo makes iPods. DUH! :p

jedi master sal
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Boooooooo! What a horrible joke, JP. EVERYONE knows that Appo makes iPods. DUH! :p

No no no, you got it all wrong, we all know that Appo is a food brand that dogs eat...

JimJamBonds
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
When looking at the link that Sal provided it said that shocktroopers "served as Palpatine's personal guards on Coruscant and during off-world trips." What about the Royal Guards? Isn't that there job? We see them for a second in the background during the Opera. We never see shocktroopers in the OT so I'd presume that the Royal Guards took over the duties of the shock troops.

JEDIpartner
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
You knew I just had to go there... LOL