PDA

View Full Version : Got the Sidious Mini in the stack now

slothfurnace
07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
Just picked up the Darth Sidious mini at a local comic shop here in Houston, they had a few Sidious, and a few Count Dooku (Not the new Darth Tyrannus) and some anakins and obi wans (ATOC & ROTS) left as well.

That brings my humble collection to:

Obi-Wan Kenobi AOTC
Count Dooku AOTC
Darth Vader ANH
Anakin Skywalker ROTS
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Gold
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS
Darth Sidious ROTS Best Buy Exclusive Black Chrome x2
Darth Sidious ROTS
Darth Maul undamaged TPM (on the way from MR Collectors society kit)
Obi-Wan ANH "As First Built" Gold Collectors Society Exclusive (On the way from UK)
Obi-Wan ANH "Weathered" UK QVC / Walmart.com Shared Exclusive (http://www.rebelscum.com/mrminiobiwanweathered.asp) (On the way from Ebay)

The next ones I am going to try for are the Vader ROTS, the Maul Damaged and Yoda,, Maybe the Luke ROTJ

KooK
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice collection you've got going there, sloth. Here's what I've been able to amass this past year:

Darth Maul "Damaged" TPM
Darth Maul Full-Sized TPM Collector's Society 2005 (soon)
Obi-Wan AOTC
Darth Sidious ROTS
Darth Sidious ROTS Best Buy Dark Chrome
Obi-Wan ROTS
Obi-Wan ROTS Celebration III Dark Chrome
Yoda ROTS SDCC 2005 Dark Chrome
Darth Vader - ANH
Obi-Wan ANH Collector's Society 2004 Gold
Obi-Wan ANH SDCC 2004 "As First Built By"
Luke Skywalker - ROTJ

Just like Lay's Potato Chips, "you can't just have one"

KooK

slothfurnace
08-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I just recently got the Yoda comic convention mini and the Obi collectors society exclusive.

Any, John from R2DToys just emailed me this morning that my weathered mini will be shipping out Tuesday! I'll believe it when I see it, but I still can't wait for it to get here.

Side note, The Best Buy here by my house in Houston has a whole pile of Sidious dark chromes, anakins and obi wan rots on their "Lets get rid of this crap" aisle.

I keep waiting for them to go on clearance, resisting the urge to snap them all up in hopes of getting a goldie.

Slothfurnace

Jayspawn
08-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Goldies are nice. I have 4!

slothfurnace
08-10-2005, 10:33 AM
I have one,, the first one I got was a goldie,, then I got hooked. I have two if you count the gold obi wan collectors exclusive.

Slothfurnace

KooK
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
To tell you the truth, between the price and the availability, I'm not too interested in hunting down the Gold Chase models. If I find one, cool, but otherwise I'm not going to hunt them down and buy them. Plus, IMHO, chrome and dark chrome look great for hilts (prime example - Ebay exclusive Skywalker ROTS) but gold looks too gaudy for my tastes.

nash
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Heya sloth! nice collection you got going there! Thats exactly how i started 2 months ago, i ended up with 12 minis. I think you will fall to the darkside of full size sabers soon... hehehe.

KooK
08-10-2005, 02:15 PM
hehe, nash, you won't see me getting the full-sized ones. The real reason that I collect the mini's is most likely because I couldn't afford the same number of full-sized, especially the LE and Signature versions :dead:

nash
08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Kook, that is EXACTLY how i felt at first when i got started with just the minis. But SHOULD you ever give in a buy ONE full size, you will be hooked forever. They are truly amazing. however the minis are great in their own rights also. but nothing beats the feeling of holding something exactly like what is seen in the movies.

Jediboy
08-10-2005, 04:48 PM
My collection in a nutshell:

Obi-Wan ROTS
Obi-Wan ANH Collectors Society 2004 Gold
Anakin Skywalker ROTS
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Star Wars Shop Dark Chrome (on order from Star Wars shop)
Yoda ROTS SDCC 2005 Dark Chrome
Darth Vader ANH
Darth Sidious ROTS Best Buy Dark Chrome
Mace Windu AOTC (on order from MR)
Darth Maul TPM Full-Sized Collectors Society 2005 (on order from MR)

and one LE: Obi-Wan ROTS

The quest continues!

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Nice Collection. You'll love the Obi-Wan weathered, its my favorite mini and looks great as a centerpiece to the collection.