PDA

View Full Version : New CGI Smurf's movie 2008

jlw
07-20-2005, 05:49 PM
I heard on the radio today that there are plans for a CGI Smurfs movie to be released summer 2008. Evidently, the Smurfs first appearred in a European comic strip in 1958; so the 2008 release is for their 50th Anniv.

Personally, I could care less about Smurfs; it just reminded me of that Twisted Mego Theatre where Spidey stumbles upon the Smurf village:

Spidey to Smurffette, "All these Smurfs, and you're the only girl?"
Smurfett replies, "I'll be your only girl for twenty dollars"

It just kills me that their seem to be a lack of new movies or new ideas coming out from Hollywood. Everything is either a remake of a 1970's t.v. show or a remake of a classic: Starsky & Hutch, Dukes of Hazard, War of the Worlds, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe. Even if some of these movies are great (I really loved Charlie & the Chocolate Factory); it would be nice if their was some movies that came out that haven't already been released at one time or based on some older t.v. show. There is talk of a new He-Man, Transformers, and even Thundercats movies; but come on movie makers, come up with some kind of new idea.

Oh yeah, and the radio said that the Smurfs are still big time popular in Europe and that the movie in 2008 is going to be the first of a trilogy.

El Chuxter
07-20-2005, 06:25 PM
This news makes me want to poop.

If it's going to be a trilogy, maybe we can watch as Gargamel falls to the Dark Side.

Bacta Beast
07-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I heard on the radio today that there are plans for a CGI Smurfs movie to be released summer 2008. Evidently, the Smurfs first appearred in a European comic strip in 1958; so the 2008 release is for their 50th Anniv.

Personally, I could care less about Smurfs; it just reminded me of that Twisted Mego Theatre where Spidey stumbles upon the Smurf village:

Spidey to Smurffette, "All these Smurfs, and you're the only girl?"
Smurfett replies, "I'll be your only girl for twenty dollars"

Lol, I remember! That was my favorite TMT. "I take Jesus as my savior!" lol

jlw
07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah that Twisted Mego Theatre rocked! It had all the ambiguous Smurfs like, "God is dead Smurf"

This guy I use to work with told me that back in the 1980s he had some friends that were just crazy about Smurfs and decorated their house with them. They had the little figurines of the Smurfs everywhere. However the husband would customize some of the Smurfs and put them in certain adult positions. He said you would just be looking at the Smurfs on the shelf or in the display case, and then just start laughing 'cause you'd see these Smurfs getting it on.

Oh, by the way the radio show I heard that on was the Corey and Jay show on FM 100.3 the Edge out of Little Rock, Arkansas. Its a Clear Channel station. Corey and Jay have a really cool show. One segment is called "the Rats ***** Report" in which they talk about various entertainment stuff; and if they decide they really don't give a rats ***** about the subject they'll skip it; but a caller can call in and say they DO give a rats *****, and they'll talk about it. They have a cool website at www.coreyandjayshow.com

JimJamBonds
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
I loved Smurf's as a kid, its still on Sat. mornings in my neck of the woods. Maybe Uncle Jim Jam will have to take his niece's and/or nephew to see it. ;)

On the topic of Smurf's in interesting positions there is a 'educational' website that shows AT-ST's getting it on... no joke! :D

2-1B
07-21-2005, 02:01 AM
"This is smurfing awesome!"

--Rick McCallum to the eventual premiere crowd of the Smurfs movie.

scruffziller
07-22-2005, 09:01 AM

If it's going to be a trilogy, maybe we can watch as Gargamel falls to the Dark Side.

No that will be in the prequel trilogy several years down the road.:D

jlw
07-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey this is kind of interesting seeing as how I started this thread off mentioning the corey and jay show, and the latest post mentions "Scotty" from Star Trek passing away. Jay, from the Corey and Jay Show, mentioned the other day that he has had for 15 years a "Star Trek Technical Journal" signed by the actor who played "Scotty". And has been waiting for the guy to die, because he knew when he did the book would go for quite a bit of money. He said the other day on the radio that he did a search on ebay for "Scotty" autographs and none were the Tech. Journal; so he's hoping he has one of the only ones and that it will be even more rare than he thought.

Turbowars
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah and a GCI/live action version of the Care Bears and My Little Pony is on the way as well. Why not, the Transformers is being made into a live action film, but that might be kind of cool. There's not too many mainstream cartoons left is there. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
07-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Oooohhh.... maybe we'll finally see "Panda-monium" get the respect it deserved.....
And with the current state of CG work, it might also be time for Gummi-Bears to shine as well
:D
And good one on the "prequel trilogy" remark Scruff (after all you just KNOW that the whole story will take six films to tell properly) :beard:

scruffziller
07-25-2005, 05:51 AM
And good one on the "prequel trilogy" remark Scruff (after all you just KNOW that the whole story will take six films to tell properly) :beard:

Thnx mabs.:D You know it had to be said.

El Chuxter
07-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I would love to see a Care Bears movie, as long as it's live action and gets an R rating. They shouldn't have to censor themselves like they did in the 80s.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-30-2005, 09:36 PM
I heard a story from a girl during my high school days who told me that the Smurfs were forbidden in her home because her family had heard that the
Smurfs were started by a devil worshiper. Anyone else hear that rumor?

BTW, I told the girl she was insane in the membrane.

Fluke Skywalker
08-02-2005, 05:25 AM
El Chuxter said:

lol LOL!

I think the Smurfs may work in this format, assuming it's CG and Live action combined. I don't know about live action Thundercats & He-Man... They work in the comics and as cartoons, but I think dressing up adults as kung-fu cats would look a bit ridiculous live action. A new cartoon and toy line however...

Lowly bantha Cleaner said:
I heard a story from a girl during my high school days who told me that the Smurfs were forbidden in her home because her family had heard that the
Smurfs were started by a devil worshiper. Anyone else hear that rumor?

I hadn't heard that one! Now I know why Papa Smurf wears that red hood :Ogre: