PDA

View Full Version : Which 12" figures do you want Sideshow to make first?

Tycho
07-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Let's do a Top 8.

If each figure was $35, it would be $280 for the year.

I got the impression that they were looking at starting with about 4, including one Expanded Universe figure in a wave here and there.

If you were going to pick 8 figures (include 1 expanded universe), what would they be?

Sideshow will be doing HUMAN FORM sculpts, maybe exclusively, or just at first, so R2D2 and Momaw Nadon are not options.

Me?

In no particular order:

Han - Bespin
Leia - Bespin
Luke - medical robes, end of Empire Strikes Back (or none. I don't really want Luke)
Lando - General
Anakin - padawan at the end of Phantom Menace
Padme - Theed ceremony Queen from Phantom Menace
Obi-Wan - Revenge of the Sith
Expanded Universe: Mara Jade

And you?

Slicker
07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Here's my top 8:

1) Luke (Tatooine outfit)
2) Han (Regular flight outfit)
3) Leia (ANH white outfit)
4) Lando (Blue Bespin outfit)
5) Obi-Wan (ANH Jedi robes)
6) Anakin (ROTS Mustafar robes)
7) Padme (Red Naboo invasion dress)
8) Expanded Universe: Dash Rendar (Freighter outfit)

My choices are the basic outfits because I'm realistic and realize that SS will most likely do the basics to get the line started then if it goes from there I'll bet they'll do more outfits and more obscure characters.

TatooineQueenPLJ
07-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Top 8:

Zam Wessel
Padme Fireplace Scene Gown

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi
ROTS Anakin w/ robe

Luke Skywalker Bespin/Dagobah Outfit
Darth Vader ESB

Bespin Gown Princess Leia

EU: Mara Jade

( I know too many females...but I can always dream :crazed: )

JediTricks
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Since they're talking about doing only humanoid figures, I'll limit myself to just that sort of thing. However, Vader (ESB), Stormtrooper, Boba Fett (ESB/ROTJ) and Jango Fett would all be awesome.

Luke Snowspeeder/X-wing Pilot (the X-wing costume is basically "underneath" the Snowspeeder one, so it seems plausible to do it this way -should come with grappling gun, lightsaber, grenade)
Han ANH (should come with Han blaster, alternate stormtrooper belt, stormtrooper blaster)
Leia ANH (should come with Leia blaster & Stormtrooper blaster)
Luke ROTJ (should come w/ endor poncho and helmet, Tatooine vest and robe, and lightsaber)
Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH (should come with robe, Obi-Wan lightsaber, ANH Luke saber, training remote & helmet, and small holographic Leia)
Luke Bespin (w/ Dagobah tank top underneath jacket, alternate Dagobah head - should come with saber, blaster, food packs from Dagobah landing)
Obi-Wan AOTC/ROTS (should come with robe, both AOTC and ROTS heads and sabers, and a Jedi pilot headset)
Luke ANH (should come with macrobinoculars, rifle, poncho, alternate stormtrooper belt, stormtrooper blaster, tools when fixing R2 & 3PO)

I can think of several other choices right now off the top of my head that I'd want which aren't even outside the "basic humanoid" thing:
- Leia as Boushh
- Tarkin (the REAL Tarkin)
- Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)
- Leia Hoth/Bespin (alternate heads and hands)
- Luke Hoth
- Han Hoth
- Lando
- Darth Maul
- Lando Skiff
- Padme Geonosis Battle

And there's those non-basic humanoids I mentioned earlier:
- Vader (they can't NOT do this one)
- Stormtrooper
- Boba Fett
- Jango Fett
- Tusken Raider
- Dengar
- Biker Scout
- Snowtrooper
- Royal Guard

Kidhuman
07-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Moved to the Sideshow forums.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
1. Boussh
2. Leia in bikini (come on, who doesn't want this)
3. Stormstrooper
4. Bespin Han Solo
5. Hoth Leia
6. Bespin Leia
7. Boba Fett
8. Luke X-Wing Pilot

Darth Cruel
07-21-2005, 07:33 PM
If Sideshow is serious about expanded universe stuff. Star Wars Insider #82, page 25, Darth Maul with the longer horns, the curved double-bladed Assajj Ventress style lightsaber, and the cybernetic body. 'Nuff said!

JediTricks
07-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Leia in bikini (come on, who doesn't want this)Meh, I'm not such a horndog that I need yet another, Hasbro did 2, I have at least 1 (the FAO one, I honestly can't remember if I bought the second version though), neither were particularly good but there's just not much to do here.

Asajj Ventress would be a cool figure to have from the EU, as would Mara & Dash, but they still wouldn't make my top 10 list.

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Slicker is right about being realistic and getting your basics first, cause thats really what I want....

1. Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)
2. Han Solo (ANH)
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
4. Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM)
5. Darth Vader
6. Stormtrooper

Sideshow is likely to release them a few months apart, so that take at least 1 year at that.

AmanaMatt
08-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Ok, can anyone fill me in on these: has any real info been given? Will these be to scale, or any of those issues even addressed - including a price point..?

Thanks, I am still catching up on having missed SDCC, first time in seven years.

Turambar
08-03-2005, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I'd like more clarification on this, too.
If I had to pick the first 8, I would say NO figures already covered by marmit or medicom. I dont know why medicom decided to make a stormtrooper when it is inferior in quality buy equally as expensive as the marmit. But I wouldnt mind seeing 12" versions of the 1/4 scale SS figures minus the vader. Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, soon to come Leia. I would like someone to finally make a decent Chewbacca. Stormies, Sandies, Fett, ATAT driver, Tie Pilot, Luke Jedi, Vader are covered. So how 'bout round out the SW line with C3PO, R2D2, and a Sandperson.

Jayspawn
08-03-2005, 10:48 AM
No information has been given yet Amanamatt. I'll assume they will be to scale as Sideshow has made larger 12" figures for their James Bond line ie: Jaws is a 14" figure.

I dought there will be any dissapointment with this series.

AmanaMatt
08-03-2005, 12:35 PM
No information has been given yet Amanamatt. I'll assume they will be to scale as Sideshow has made larger 12" figures for their James Bond line ie: Jaws is a 14" figure.

I dought there will be any dissapointment with this series.

Thanks, I checked some stuff out, including their site, and all-in-all, I am pretty pumped. Some of the head sculpts are fantastic and some are quite the opposite, so I hope a lot of effort goes into the facial likenesses.

I may actually buy 12"ers again. After Marmit hit, I got rid of all my Hasbro 12"ers, since they were (are) awful.

Turambar
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Wow. just read up on this at jedidefender.com. this is the most exciting star wars news i've heard in a long time. they mentioned accuracy and detail with leather belts, metal saber hilts, etc. also collectible book style packaging, same material and stitching quality as the 1/4 scale, and the same designers!
Also, i saw that about the fans getting to vote on an EU figure. cant wait for 06, now.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Top 8:

1. Darth Vader ANH
2. Luke ROTJ
3. Boba Fett ESB
4. Han ANH
5. Leia ROTJ
6. Obi-Wan ANH
7. Anakin ROTS
8. Mara Jade (EU)

I'd really like a Quinlan Vos, Thrawn and Xizor from the EU line hopefully we'll get one for every four or five standards...

jedibear
08-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Here's my list...

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Qui-Gon Jinn
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Commander Cody
Han Solo (ANH)
Princess Leia (ROTJ-Boussh)
Darth Maul
Boba Fett
StormTrooper

I hope they include all the character-relevant accessories and for the jedi, please include the cloaks!

Turbowars
08-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Well next week Side Show is going to put up a poll for us to vote on which EU figure will be made 1st. Personally I don't care for EU figure and I don't understand why SS is starting off with a EU figure. It would seem that making a Fett would be in SS and fans best interests to start. I bet Jade will win though. Depending on the price and detail I might go for her. (Kind of like when I go to Vegas.:twisted: )

sebillba
08-18-2005, 05:44 AM
Are they only going to make humans?? I've got enough Lukes, Hans, etc, but always want more aliens. My first choice would have to be Greedo... the Hasbro version, with his moulded blaster/hand is one of the worst in the line.

Reefer Shark
08-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Really, almost all the aliens in Star Wars are humanoid. Most of 'em just have different heads and hands (and sometimes feet). I don't see why it would be any different to do those. I mean - they have to do new headsculpts for the human characters anyways, why not do a few alien heads?

I'd like all the OT characters already mentioned here, along with a decent AOTC Anakin. I'd also like to see all the bounty hunters and imperial troops, but it doesn't sound like Sideshow is very interested in making those.

As far as EU goes:

Obi-Wan in clone armor (from season 1 of clone wars, NOT season 2)
Assaj Ventress
Mara Jade
Quinlan Vos

Battle Droid
08-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Rune Haako (w/ both TPM & ROTS outfits.)
Nute Gunray w/ TPM, AOTC, and ROTS outfits.)
Destroyer Droid
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
General Grievous
IG-100 Magna Guard
Wat Tambor

Slicker
08-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd also like for all of the bounty hunters aboard the Executor to get made especially IG-88. I think they'd do him up right.

Darth Cruel
01-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Basically, a complex costum, lots of accessories, and great detail is what I am interested in. Something like a Bly-type clone commander, an Amidala with one of her more elaborate costums, a detroyer droid that actually rolls up, a battle droid that folds for transport a la Episode I.

Tycho
01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't know if we'll see Sideshow tackle any of the Trade Federation Droids. I hear you. I wish for those too. But I don't think we'll see them - especially the coolness in the Destroyer Droid.

Sith Lord 0498
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Darth Vader (ROTJ) - interchangeable hands, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, "severed" hand, three-piece removable helmet w/ face sculpt rivaling/surpassing Medicom's version, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Luke's lightsaber hilt

Darth Maul - interchangeable hands, Tatooine cloak, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, probe droid, macrobinoculars, probe droid wrist remote, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: "severed" ignited lightsaber

Darth Sidious - Mace Windu duel outfit, alternate Palpatine head, interchangeable hands, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, Sith lightning hands, hooded cloak, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Commander Cody hologram

Darth Tyranus - interchangeable hands, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, Sith lightning hands, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Death Star schematic hologram

Boba Fett (ROTJ)- removable helmet with Temuera Morrison head, interchangeable hands, blaster rifle, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Han Solo carbonite block

Mace Windu - interchangeable hands, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, cloak, standard Jedi accessories, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Jango Fett helmet (or helmeted severed head done w/o too much gore)

Commander Cody - interchangeable hands, removable helmet with Temuera Morrison head, blaster pistol, blaster rifle, holoreceiver with Sidious hologram, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Obi-Wan's lightsaber hilt

Commander Bly - interchangeable hands, removable helmet with Temuera Morrison head, two blaster pistols, blaster rifle, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Darth Sidious hologram

Tycho
01-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Darth Sidious - Mace Windu duel outfit, alternate Palpatine head, interchangeable hands, ignited/non-ignited lightsabers, Sith lightning hands, hooded cloak, EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORY: Commander Cody hologram

This I so much want!

MandalorianMafia
01-17-2006, 04:28 PM
A revamped Aurra Sing?

DarthChet
01-18-2006, 01:29 PM
I know this is just repitition but I'd like to see
Luke ANH
Han ANH
Leia ANH and yes ROTJ Slave girl outfit
Obi Wan ANH
Vader EBS or ROTJ since the suit is more polished
any and all of the Bounty hunters
Emperial troopers
eh I could go on and on but Im sure Sideshow wont leave us hangin and yes Id prefer the original figures insted of the prequel figures

Darth Cruel
01-21-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't know if we'll see Sideshow tackle any of the Trade Federation Droids. I hear you. I wish for those too. But I don't think we'll see them - especially the coolness in the Destroyer Droid.

They have a quote on the Sideshow 'site saying that they will make the Battle Droid...waayyy down the line. That one would have to be cool.

I very much want to see army figures made as well. Rebel Fleet Troopers (that Yavin Sentry comes to mind), Stormtroopers could have stuff like the grappling hook. And I think the Naboo Military would make some outstanding military units! They had very elaborate uniforms that would look great as a 12" figure.

Slicker
01-22-2006, 01:45 AM
I don't know about doing droids. Don't get me wrong I love 'em but there just isn't much to them. Look at the battle droid. It's got alot of open space and just doesn't take up much space. I think if they did make droids people would complain that they were getting ripped off and not getting much...unless they did 2-packs of some sort.

Tycho
01-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, a Destroyer Droid that folded up and rolled from "the makers of Transformers" (oh, wait, that's Hasbro...)

Anyway, a Battle Droid or Super Battle Droid might not sell out in under 2 hours and SS would actually have a Star Wars item to sell for a while.

Anyway, I'd go with a DD for sure. The others? I bought a small army of Hasbro's, so I'm not too inclined.

JediTricks
01-23-2006, 05:26 PM
It'd be nice to have a 12" Battle Droid and Super Battle Droid that could actually move like they do in the movies, Hasbro was totally stingy on the articulation with those 2. If SSC did the BD and SBD in metal too, that'd be pretty wild, they wouldn't just flop over.

Darth Cruel
01-29-2006, 11:36 AM
I am anal enough that I don't allow Hasbro 12" to intermingle with the Sideshow 12". So in my head, we need every character all over again. And when Sideshow finally does Battle Droids (and they said they will far far into the future of the line) I will buy as many as I can get my grubby little hands on.

But for now, I would like to see something elaborate and cool. Agen Kolar or Darth Maul (who is my own favorite Sith) or Sio Bibble, or Amidala with the white Ceremonial dress and Peace ball. Something with a lot going on. I would say Darth Vader (and, of course, we have to have him eventually, and, of course, I want all movie versions of him) but for now I am Darth Vadered out. He turned out to not reach his potential power because he got his butt kicked by Obi-Wan and got his arms and legs cut off (did anyone else think to themselves "it's just a flesh wound" when Obi Ginsued him?) and effectively became a punk that cost the Mighty Emperor his Benign and wonderous Empire.

Jayspawn
01-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah I hate to say it but I'll probably be keeping my Sideshow and Hasbro 12" figures seperate too Darth Cruel.