PDA

View Full Version : It's Summertime. Rate your favorite brands of Popsicles!

Tycho
07-21-2005, 02:57 AM
I've been eating Dryer's Whole Fruit Fruit Bars.

Cherry is very good.

Tropical might be sort of tangy-sour. I'll re-evaluate it when I get the chance.

The grape just rocks though! It tastes awesome. It's hard to eat just one of these as a treat and not just devour the whole box.

I didn't read if that's putting on the calories, but I don't really want to know. I'm "drinking these" like juice.

I'm very hydrated. As a sort of 'diet plan (I'm either average or actually underweight for my height) I drink gallons of cold water every day. I'm not kidding. I'm used to constantly wetting my appetite. So I switched to water and just down it like I'm binge drinking.

Give me popsicles and I get really dangerous.

Anyway, post about what you like. It's been a hot summer and there's going to be hotter days still ahead of us. What a great refreshing way to cool off but with a tasty, mouthwatering popsicle?

2-1B
07-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Can I post about what I don't like, instead ? See, I like just about any kind of popsicle (which is actually a mis-applied brand name like Kleenex but anyway) but what I HATE HATE HATE are those Pina Colada flavored ice pops, truly disgusting. :dead:

But I love all kinds of stuff, what's coming to mind right now are root beer flavored twin pops and I even like the banana flavored ones as well.

In general though I always gravitate toward the Big Three of cherry, grape, and orange.

Rocket Pops are alright but the blue rasberry **** is kind of funky, very odd to eat.

Slicker
07-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Otter Pops. (http://www.otterpopstars.com/) Need I say more.

Captain Spoon
07-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Hell ya Otter Pops !!!!
Also popsicle has new Fantastic 4 Bomb Pops (the 3 flavor rocket looking ones) those are pretty good. And I still get Ninja Turtles off of the ice cream truck with bubble gum eyes!! hehe, those are kind of like a popsicle

CaptainSolo1138
07-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Otter Pops. (http://www.otterpopstars.com/) Need I say more.
Those were my first thought, too! Alexander the Grape rules!

Slicker
07-21-2005, 09:23 AM
I think the Otter Pop crew may make some good 'tars. CS1138 you can be the Frenchie, Louie-Bloo:oRaspberry.

JimJamBonds
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Last week when it was so hot in Wisconsin I brought in some popsicles for my crew at work. I don't remember what kind it was but it was some sort of kids popsicles that had two different flavors. I think it was called something like "Kids Pops" or something like that. Very good stuff, plus the deal was outstanding.

Caesar is dead no, Pina Colada is a gross popsicle, rootbeer on the other hand? Yumm yumm!!! :)

kool-aid killer
07-21-2005, 12:27 PM
At work they give us Bomb Pops, the red, white, and blue colored ones. Theyre okay but i prefer popsicles that have vanilla flavoring inside of them. I like the strawberry sundae (or some name like that) popsicles, but we always sell out of them at work so i rarely get one.

InsaneJediGirl
07-22-2005, 12:18 AM
My favorites have to be Blue Bunny Bomb Pops.Just have a great flavor,I like the variety rather than just eating one kind of flavor. As for rounding out the other selections Cherry,Grape and Strawberry are always great :D

Darth Jax
07-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Tycho you been reading women's magazines again? while standing in line at the grocery store noticed that Women's Day or Redbook or one of those pervasive housekeeping hint magazines had a cover blurb about the best popsicles for the summer.

Tycho
07-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I wonder why I didn't notice that.

Ji'dai
07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
My brother and I used to make our own popsicles using plastic molds and Kool-Aid. Orange Push-Ups were good too, as were Creamcicles (orange on the outside, vanilla on the inside). Fudgesicles were decent but I always preferred Jello Pudding Pops, which were more expensive. Ice Cream sandwiches were always popular in our house too.

2-1B
07-26-2005, 03:50 AM
Picked up 2 boxes of Popsicle brand treats today, only a dollar per box.

For that same dollar, I got 10 of the Grape, Cherry, and Orange flavors, and in another box for the same price I got 8 Creamsicles, Orange and Raspberry.

I don't mind paying a little extra for the delicacy of a Creamsicle. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Speaking of ice cream sandwiches I love going into a gas station and getting an ice cream cookie! A great little treat before work. :classic:

CaptainSolo1138
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Since we're sorta sliding away from popsicles, I would like to have a moment of appreciation for Choco-Tacos. Thems is the best.

kool-aid killer
07-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Heres a dumb question, anybody else see the popsicle brand thats geared towards dogs and actually think they were for humans? I picked them up thinking they might be good until i read the box and seen they were for my four legged friends. I wonder if my puppies would dig them...