PDA

View Full Version : If I see another Devil's Rejects ad, I'm gonna hurl!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-21-2005, 12:55 PM
This stupid film is being advertised EVERYWHERE and when I saw it advertised at SDCC, that was it! I lost all respect for this piece of crap movie (not like I had any in the first place as his first film was a gigantic piece of crap too) and Rob stupid*ss zombie can kiss my ***! They fricken sponsored the Masquerade Ball at SDCC and so they had to mention this stupid movie every other fricken sentence and it was advertised EVERYWHERE all over the exhibit hall and in the panel rooms!

NOW it's being advertised on SSG...I can't get away from it!

I hope this piece of crap flops and this idiot loses money!!

Whew, ranting done!

JEDIpartner
07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
In brief, I couldn't have said it better. All of that plugging at SDCC? How annoying.

El Chuxter
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
So, in short, you're saying that The Devil's Rejects and not Wayne's World should've had the tagline, "You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl." :p

I'm only worried that someone at work will see "Go to hell" flashing on my screen and think I'm on bad websites.

As much as I like Rob Zombie (seriously), I kind of hope he stops doing movies and goes back to making great records like Astro-Creep and Hillbilly Deluxe. :beard:

2-1B
07-22-2005, 01:48 AM
I loved the first one and this looks like a promising movie. I would be delighted to be overexposed to their advertising. lol

Would be a welcome change of pace from all the garbage I had to put with this summer from Willy Wanker and the Chocolate Factory and War of the Worlds.

scruffziller
07-22-2005, 09:57 AM
From what it sounds like it is the movie to see right now. It is suppose to be really rough and vile. MY KIND OF MOVIE!!!!!!:classic:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Nothing says quality more than the words "written and directed by Rob Zombie."

Turbowars
07-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow Deoxy. I thought we were friends. LOL. I loved House of a 1000 Corpses. I met Rob, Sheri (Damn she is fine:D ) and the rest of the crew at the SDCC. Rob is a awesome, down to earth guy. He tells it like it is. Going to see Devils Rejects tomorrow. I got suckered into seeing the Island again tonight with friends, DR is just going to have to wait.

Jayspawn
07-22-2005, 11:52 PM
The movie doesnt bother me, just seing it advertised here at SSG is starting to to get to me. Its the first thing I have to stare at as my screen loads.

vader121
07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
so who has seen this movie? Good? Gruesome? Disturbing?

Turbowars
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
I saw it over the weekend. It was OK. I like the 1st one better. Sure there was some Gruesome and Disturbing parts, but nothing like House of 1000 Corpses. Other thing the characters didn't seem as crazy in this one. Probably because they were on the run and had to think. I'll have to see it on DVD again to really give a review. I saw the Island again with some out of town friends and Bad News Bears the same weekend, so I was kind of burnt out. BTW Billy Bob was awesome as Buttermaker (sp?)

2-1B
07-26-2005, 03:23 AM
I saw it and loved it, pretty F'd up at times but I loved it. Come on, Ken Foree and William Forsythe trump anything from the first movie ! ! ! (Which I also love and own on DVD). Michael Berryman's line about droids was great.

Very good movie overall, VERY different style so I guess it's hard to compare but I like the differences. Nice of Robbo to slip in some more butt shots of his now-wife. lol

AWESOME use of Midnight Rider in the opening titles, just awesome. lol

Jayspawn
07-26-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm still gonna pass on the movie, but William Forsythe was awesome in Dick Tracy!

Turbowars
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh man don't pass on it, go see it. At least it's one of the better movies out right now.

mrmiller
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Sorry to dig up a 2 month old thread, but I saw this movie and thought it was very good. It’s not anything like House of 1000 Corpses (maybe that way it wasn’t titled House of 1000 Corpses 2: The Devils Rejects). It’s more like Natural Born Killers meets the Silence of the Lambs. Good story and character development, that leaves you torn on your emotions for the psychos. And William Forsythe was flat out awesome. I mean Academy Award awesome. Too bad this is not a Blockbuster or “High Brow” movie and he will not get any attention for the roll he played. You take him out of the movie and would not be near as good.

=MATT=

2-1B
09-08-2005, 01:44 AM
It didn't leave me torn on my emotions for the psychos, not at all !