PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a loose pic of battle pack Obi?

anti-hero
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Been trying to find one and haven't been able too.

Also, is his head styled after II or III?

shammykenobi
07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't have a pic but i bought this battle pack last week...it's a good figure...his hair is styled like episode 2...also his pants are a darker color than any of the other obi wan figures...like a dark sandy color...his tunic is it's normal off-white color...but his undershirt (if that's what you call it) is dark brown...but you can only see a little bit of it showing....the boots are his standard color but have some great detail to them...also the figure has holes in the shoulder and forearms and shins so the battle armor can snap on...it's actually a really good figure...and it even looks o.k. with the snap-on armor.

waboritas
07-23-2005, 07:07 AM
I think his hair and face resembles what he looked like in the CW cartoon. Pretty accurate.

DarthHarv
07-24-2005, 12:07 PM
O.K.I know it's not a loose pic but I hope it helps...
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3613/battlepack0050jl.jpg
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/3323/battlepack0033kf.jpg
:D lol

Blackened88
07-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know how many points of articulation he has?

anti-hero
07-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys, looks like I might need to snag this one. Looks like one of the best AOTC (or near to it) Obi's they've done so far.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2005, 12:28 PM
God, they wrote "stormtrooper" instead of "clone trooper" . . . a minor gripe, yes, but still . . .

How's he look with the armor on?

waboritas
07-25-2005, 01:17 PM
I opened it and put the armor on and it looks ok. They could have saved some money and used the sculpt from the clone trooper on the speeder bike (from the Clone Wars line) and added the plastic goods cape and it probably would have been a better fig. You will probably find that the armor is going to fall off. The arms and hands are articulated and the feet are articulated. Still a cool figure despite the flaws. To me it is a must have set.

DarthHarv
07-25-2005, 02:43 PM
How about a pic with the armor on?? :D

ROTJLuke
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I was hesitant about this set, Ive seen it before, but I passed after some serious consideration. I think tho that I made a decent choice to pass the first time, and prehaps if I really see something that catches my attention about this set I will go back and hunt it down.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Ok, let me give you my honest opinion: the Obi wan fig sucks. I ended up buying the set just for the fig. While the head is not good, the rest looked ok in the box. When put together, the fig just looks cheap. The helmet does NOT fit at all. I am not a fan of the action articulation, so the 'press his legs together' thing is not helping. This fig is, to my knowledge, just a rehash with holes for the armor, but I may be wrong about that.

Do yourself a favor: pass on this set if Obi Wan is your only reason for wanting it.

TheDarthVader
07-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok, let me give you my honest opinion: the Obi wan fig sucks. I ended up buying the set just for the fig. While the head is not good, the rest looked ok in the box. When put together, the fig just looks cheap. The helmet does NOT fit at all. I am not a fan of the action articulation, so the 'press his legs together' thing is not helping. This fig is, to my knowledge, just a rehash with holes for the armor, but I may be wrong about that.

Do yourself a favor: pass on this set if Obi Wan is your only reason for wanting it.

I was about to chime in here and say the same thing. I need to set you guys straight...the figure is lame. I did not buy it but saw it in person. What do you mean the best AOTC Kenobi? Ha! The head sculpt on that thing is horrible! Don't forget about the saga pilot Kenobi. That was an excellent figure; even came with a soft goods cloak.

B.
TDV

anti-hero
07-29-2005, 02:03 PM
I was about to chime in here and say the same thing. I need to set you guys straight...the figure is lame. I did not buy it but saw it in person. What do you mean the best AOTC Kenobi? Ha! The head sculpt on that thing is horrible! Don't forget about the saga pilot Kenobi. That was an excellent figure; even came with a soft goods cloak.

B.
TDV

Well, I still haven't seen it in person yet so who knows. The Saga Pilot Kenobi is great, if all you want him to do is fly the fighter. The sculpted headset (which isn't even sculpted correctly btw) kind of ruins that fig for me.

spang2005
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree 100% that the sculpted heaset ruined pilot Obi-Wan for me. As for the Battle pack, I'm very pleased. You don't need the helmet on Obi-Wan considering he doesn't wear it when he fights Durge. Plus the Anakin and Ventress look great re-creating the Yavin 4 duel. My only real disappointment was that the Yoda they included was the one from the Padawan two pack I think, and not the ROTS yoda.

AmanaMatt
07-31-2005, 01:43 AM
Speaking of Obi-Wans, I just scored the new pilot version and IMO, the best Kenobi (prequel version) ever. Not sure if we are talking the same fig, but the headset is removable in the single carded one. Excellent articulation, great head sculpt and nice looking plastic cloak - I know some will hate if because of the non soft goods cloak, but he really looks close to Mcgregor in this scale. I love the ability for this fig to have a very neutral pose.

DarkArtist
08-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Well I just picked up this set last night and I have to say that the set is awesome. Yes the face of Anakin looks a little lame but all in all a great set. I think the Obi Wan figure is a decent figure when the clone trooper armor is attached and the helmet fits fine ????
The only thing that lacks in the assortment is the yoda figure, since it is a repack but on another note the other battle packs are all repacks with no new figs in site.
All in all I'm very pleased with the Jedi vs Sith Battle Pack :pleased: :pleased:

Lazer Brain
08-19-2005, 04:06 PM
i like this set... the best figure in it is ventress then battle ani. i think i am going to open my extra clone on speeder bike and put ob1s head an cape on it. then maybe he'll rock.
later