PDA

View Full Version : Yoda and Mickey Mouse!?!?!

jedi-cpa
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Are you kidding?

I am officially NOT buying this!!!

Ji'dai
07-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I dunno, I thought it looked cute. At least it looked like Yoda + Mickey had some basic articulation and weren't preposed figurines.

Still, it'll probably cost about $20 and only be available at the parks so I won't be getting one.

SirSteve
07-23-2005, 12:22 PM
In case you want to see a picture:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31656

JimJamBonds
07-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah its kinda cute but no thanks. Although for whatever reason I like the Mr. Potato head figs... go figure!

Darth Alex
07-24-2005, 12:28 AM
I dunno, I thought it looked cute. At least it looked like Yoda + Mickey had some basic articulation and weren't preposed figurines.

Still, it'll probably cost about $20 and only be available at the parks so I won't be getting one.

This is....getting outta hand?:ermm:
Exclusives for the fall are ONE thing, but...
If I was a HUGE MM freak, I'd buy it, but I don't collect Mickey or Disney stuff. I have a bunch of Yoda figures, but a new head size & sculpt plus an over-size (for him) saber have no pull.
I'd only buy it for the novelty...I like Fantasia and early Mickey cartoons(pre-70's, pre-80's absolutely).

It'll probably be available for a couple of hours at some point on starwarsshop.com. But I'm with you on the price-$12.99, OK. $20....plus shipping....not CLOSE to worth it.
If this is a one-off thing fine, but then the stickers and the posters and the plush versions will follow.

And all I want is a Cloud Car...:dis:

figrin bran
07-24-2005, 02:00 AM
darthalex, there already are plush jedi mickeys and darth mickeys

i won't pay ebay prices for this but if i happen to see it on the shelves at star traders in disneyland, i'm buying a set. they better give yoda the proper lightsaber color, however.

2-1B
07-24-2005, 02:33 AM
I'd rather buy this than many of the other figs Hasbro is putting out. :)

Reefer Shark
07-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Mickey looks PO'd... I like it! I'm buying one.

Slicker
07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
It's not a bad item. It's something different and I think that's what has people caught off guard, Hasbro making something different. I just bought my first two Star Tours figures (courtesy of SirStevesGuide Auctions) and unfortunately now I think I'm gonna have to start collecting the rest of them.

bobafrett
07-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Well, I bought the C-3PO and R2, as well as the Yoda, and the Jawas Christmas figure sets. This one, I just don't know about though. I do like the Mickey wearing Jedi Robes, kinda cute.

Kidhuman
07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
I think its adoreable.

Jaster
07-25-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm all over this! I'll be going to Disney in September, hopefully they will have them by then.

stillakid
07-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Will this be in Disneyworld and Disneyland or just one? And when?

And while we're talking about Star Tours, did that last "new" wave ever come out? :confused: I can't even remember (without looking, which I don't have time to do at the moment) which droids were supposed to be in it.

kool-aid killer
07-25-2005, 12:31 PM
The last Star Tours wave has come out, there are pics and a thread about them in this same "Star Tours" forum. Off the top of my head i dont know their names, sorry.

I think this Mickey and Yoda set looks cool, but not cool enough for me to go for it. Its something different from typical Star Wars toys, which isnt always bad.

megaprime33
07-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I would normally not even think twice about this item, but after recently going to Disneyworld for the first time in like 20 years, I loved it! I was very fascinated with the world of disney, which included mickey. Did you know that they can fit all of disneyland in the parking lot of the magic kingdom in disneyworld?!

In any event I think this looks pretty cool and if I get a change to I'll probably get it.

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but they could only fit all the magic of WDW into the parking lot of Disneyland. :D

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 02:00 AM
I think it looks cool and I'd like one. The fact that it's different is appealing plus Mickey as a jedi is classic. :classic:

I'm actually a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned Yoda's blue lightsaber. :ermm:

K M Toydarian
08-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Thought I'd mention I picked up the Mickey as Jedi bean bag plush earlier this week at Star Tours Disneyland. Never have seen or heard of it there before. Pretty cool. And only 8 bucka a "relative" steal, compared to their other prices.

RooJay
08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
I am so there! When are these supposed to be available and will we be able to order by phone?

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I like the Mickey but the Yoda looks off IMO. I'll probably pick it up but I'd rather have the Mickey alone, carded.

Slicker
09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
For those that noticed that Yoda's saber was incorrect they have since changed it to the correct color.

Picture. (http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0006124.jpg)

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah they fixed it but apparently not before a few slipped out with the blue saber. Variant hunters should have fun with this one. :frus:

jonthejedi
09-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Does anyone know if you can order these by phone via Walt Disney World or Disneyland yet?? All I see on Ebay are the "mistake" versions.

abell748
10-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I just got back from WDW. If you want the blue saber, they have hundreds of them! The correct green one might be harder for variation hunters to find. On a side note, Star Tour is where all the ROTS Gunships ended up. I went in there on a Sunday and saw about 15 of them. I went back the next day to pick one up and somebody had bought all of them except one that was damaged. I asked if they had any more because at $25 they were a steal and the counter jockey told me that about an hour earlier someone came in and bought them all. I bet anything they sit on ebay right now!

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
They were cute but I don't know with everything else coming out and being officially on a pre holiday season budget plan (enforced by wife) :) I just don't see it in the budget. Especially if ends up only place to find is e-bay.

Wheeljack35
10-08-2005, 03:47 PM
I have a freind who works at Disney/MGM who is holding one for me.I will hit Disney at the end of this month.Its about a 2 hour drive so I figured I'd get it from him when I visit there

xwing_5
10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I am heading to the Disney in Florida, can never remember the name Disneyland/world. Anyways, is there a way I can go to the park without paying for parking or admission and just go to the store and out right away?

I read somewhere that you can leave your credit card number at the front gate, go in to the store if you do not exit within an hour you get charged the day rate for the ticket. Is this true? Can I avoid a parking fee as well?
Thanks,

xwing_5