PDA

View Full Version : Pilot in Black et. al - Real or Fake?

jjreason
07-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Anyone else seen the claims that 3 Clone repaints have been found in stores?

A Clone Pilot in black, Clone Cmdr with green details and a #6 Clone repainted as a Coruscant Shocktrooper have been pictured elsewhere - EDITED - and I see our front page has posted this claim as well (though the finder for us did not get the pilot in black uniform).

Until I hear about a few more finds, I'm assuming they're customs. Has anyone else found these? Was there any information that they were coming, or is this as much a surprise to everyone else as it is to me? :eek:

Battle Droid
07-25-2005, 04:04 AM
I've read reports of people finding them.

Fluke Skywalker
07-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Galactic Hunter seems fairly certain.

GH (http://www.galactichunter.com/)

They even have the Green CC and the Red Shock trooper in their image banks. Not that that makes it so, but I have no reason to doubt these are for real.

pegger
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Anyone else seen the claims that 3 Clone repaints have been found in stores?

A Clone Pilot in black, Clone Cmdr with green details and a #6 Clone repainted as a Coruscant Shocktrooper have been pictured elsewhere - EDITED - and I see our front page has posted this claim as well (though the finder for us did not get the pilot in black uniform).

Until I hear about a few more finds, I'm assuming they're customs. Has anyone else found these? Was there any information that they were coming, or is this as much a surprise to everyone else as it is to me? :eek:

Hey JJ - I wouldn't get too excited....as variants, we won't get them in Canada...

Bacta Beast
07-25-2005, 08:58 AM
If you guys check the news section, these were all confirmed by Hasbro, they are legit! Happy hunting. :classic:

Kidhuman
07-25-2005, 09:01 AM
They have showed up in LA JJ. Looks like you got there a week early.

pegger
07-25-2005, 09:06 AM
They have showed up in LA JJ. Looks like you got there a week early.

Now that's harsh.... :)

DarthHarv
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Another must have!! :crazed:

Punkreject
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
I can vouch for the green commander and shocktrooper because I stumbled across them today at walmart. I haven't found new figures in over a month since I found Bacara and R2D2 so I was pretty happy. Today I must have gotten lucky and found the shocktroopers(picked up 2 and there was at least one left), green commander(tons left), obi wan #55(picked up 1 though they had at least 4-5), At-Rt Driver(picked up 1 but only 1 left). They also had gotten in tons of #41, #11(Vader), yoda(forgot which number), and there was tons of Bacara. There was no sign of of any other ones from 45 up though so I'm still searching for 45,50-53, & 56. This was in Ga by the way.

jjreason
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know the complete list? So far I know of variant Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, #6 Clonetroopers and have just read something about new #28 Anakins with "Sith eyes".

Anyone heard or seen pics of any others?

jaxx
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Where is everyone that's finding the shocktroopers, green commander, obi wan #55, At-Rt Driver, etc??? I can't even find Bacara! Sure the stores have a ton of the Clone Commanders, but they're the original red ones, and a few of the Clone #6, but they're the original white ones. This is so frustrating.... :frus:

Does anyone know the complete list? So far I know of variant Clone Pilots, Clone Commanders, #6 Clonetroopers and have just read something about new #28 Anakins with "Sith eyes".

As far as other 3 3/4" variants in addition to the four that you listed:
-Palpy #35 with the blue blade (also has corrected red blade)
-Anakin #2 has a couple of variations... one with red Vader saber, one with red Dooku saber, and one with pink Dooku saber.
-Royal Guard #23 comes in red or blue colors.
-Exploding Grevious has a packaging variant... the saber is packaged on the left side of Grevious in the blister, and the variant has the saber packaged on the right side of Grevious in the blister.
-Wookie Warrior #43 comes in either a dark brown color, or it comes in a light tan color.
-Meena Tills (supposedly) can be found with a really pink salmon colored face instead of his normal color.
-Crispy Anakin #50 can be found with an array of different color applications to his head that represent a range of burn severity.

I think that's it so far.

Punkreject
07-25-2005, 04:49 PM
What's the #28 Anakin with sith eyes? I haven't heard of that one. Does anyone have pics or info about it?

As for all the ones I found today, I had never seen them before today with the exception of Bacara and the last and only time I saw him was a month ago at the same WalMart. When I went then, they had a few bacara's, r2d2's, and 1 crispy anakin but someone had gotten there right before me and had it in hand. Sadly I've never seen one again. I've found #46 and 47 at Kb but no luck with #45 at all. The lady said there was only 1 of him. I've never even seen a red guard, I've seen prolly 50 blue ones since MM but I already bought two of them so I had no use for them. I never have had a problem with finding the blue ones, it's the red ones I can't find and those are the ones I want the most.

jaxx
07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Check out the home page for this site... here's the link. There are pics.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31664

Punkreject
07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
As for the black pilot, is that the one that was flying the ship on coruscant at the first of the movie? The ship that was trying to put out the fire. It's been forever since I've seen the movie and I can't remember.

Turbowars
07-25-2005, 06:23 PM
JJ, yeah they are real, I have a Shock Trooper, Green Commander and Black Pilot in hand. They were found in Southern CA.

jjreason
07-25-2005, 06:49 PM
As for the black pilot, is that the one that was flying the ship on coruscant at the first of the movie? The ship that was trying to put out the fire. It's been forever since I've seen the movie and I can't remember.

No, the firefighter guys have totally different suits on (as per the Visual Dictionary). The variant Clone Pilot is identical to the original one, but it's uniform colors now appear more like the TIE Pilot's than the AT-AT Pilot's. You can still see part of the face through the gap in the helmet as well, whereas the firefighter pilot has a full facemask. I have no idea where, or even IF the black uni'd Clone Pilots appeared in the movie.

Battle Droid
07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
The other one is clogging the pegs, don't know why anyone would want this one.

Turbowars
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
It does look much nicer than the 1st release. I like the gray detail on him helmet and the fact that his eye shield is black instead of orange.

JediTricks
07-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I can vouch for all the variants I reported today and yesterday, they were found by my friend Rick who lives in Las Vegas and I was on the phone with him when he found them. With the Sith-eyes Anakin #28, he wasn't even sure it was a variant and I had to go check mine to ensure it wasn't the same old figure.

And if you're wondering, Rick isn't that good of a customizer. :p

Also, the case that had the black Clone Pilot had no green Clone Commanders, and vice versa. Apparently WM is getting a lot of different cases right now with similar contents and similar omissions.

Slicker
07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Sith eyes Anakin?:rolleyes: He looks like damn Boy George. Or Tim Curry from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 03:04 AM
He looks better in person, I saw a few today at WM in Duarte. They also had Anakin #28 with normal eyes and NO dark circles, I didn't buy either, but now that I think about it I should have bought the latter as it's what I wanted from this figure all along - both new variants still have pink scars though.

AmanaMatt
07-31-2005, 01:48 AM
Green Clone Commanders have hit Texas - no sign of the Shocktrooper or black Clone Pilot - beside the Shocktrooper, are the other two EU or actually official....?

Kidhuman
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
The Green is Commander Gree from Kashyyyyyyyyyyyyyyk. The Black Pilot I dunno about. I dont remember him in the movie.

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
The Black Pilots had the night off. I herd you could see a off duty Black suited Pilot at the night club. No really.:Ponder: