PDA

View Full Version : Cornholio comes to DVD. . . finally!

El Chuxter
07-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Couch fishers rejoice!!

I am the great Cornholio!

I need DVDs for my bunghole!

I'm not seeing a lot about this anywhere, so maybe I'm one of the few people who noticed.

While there was no Beavis & Butt-Head booth at the Comic Con, there was a large banner hanging at the back of the exhibit hall. It showed the two greatest heroes in TV history and said, "Only nerds go to comic conventions. Beavis & Butt-Head finally come to DVD November 2005."

Uh, huh huh huh, that's like, cool and stuff.

I wonder what the hold-up was. (This was originally slated for September of last year, or the year before.) Hopefully the delay means they procured the rights to show all of the videos, which were the best part of the show.

JediTricks
07-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Glad to hear it, I have all of season 1 on tapes that I made myself (in 1993 during a 24-hour-marathon on MTV :p) but DVDs would be better. Hopefully Mike Judge has lots to say, he's a smart and interesting guy. I'm sure the delay was caused by getting the rights to all those music videos, there were likely thousands after all.

I just hope it won't be prohibitively expensive.

Rocketboy
07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
They did have the "Best of" from Time Life for quite a while.

It would be great if it were complete season(s) and not a compilation.

scruffziller
07-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Any which way, if this is going to be the most complete release they will ever have, I am still going to get it even if it isn't all there. After all they butchered In Living Color like that.:(

El Chuxter
07-26-2005, 02:07 PM
After all they butchered In Living Color like that.:(

How's that? I've not picked up In Living Color and wasn't aware it wasn't all there.

scruffziller
07-26-2005, 02:39 PM
How's that? I've not picked up In Living Color and wasn't aware it wasn't all there.

The music video/performances paradoys have been cut. I think a number of the skits have been trimmed or cut totally. The info came from the IMDB.com website.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098830/board/thread/19095967

El Chuxter
07-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh, that really, really sucks. "Promise of a Thin Me" or "Am I Black or White" or "White White Baby" are some of the best skits from the show. :cry:

tagmac
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I hope they give us the REAL Season 1, the ones that they stopped showing very early on, right after that piece of trailer trash burned down his NOT-WIRED-FOR-CABLE trailer, killing his sister, and his incompetent "mother" immediately blamed Beavis and Butt-Head, resulting in most of the Season 1 episodes being canned or chopped up (I never did see the ones with Billy Bob as a result of getting cable a year after the show came on the air).

I did buy all of the VHS tapes several years ago, thinking I'd gotten all the episodes, but of course a lot were missing, and only one tape had a couple videos on it. Looking forward to this, and I hope they include both Christmas specials (including the rarely seen "Yule log" episode).

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 01:48 AM
I have all those "Fire is cool" eps, they're pretty good but the art hadn't found its place yet either. I hope they include the pre-show Beavis & Butt-head cartoons that Judge did, Frog Baseball and the second, "Peace, Love, and Understanding" where the boys went to a monster truck rally and the stadium got filled with poo thanks to Sterculius, the Roman god of Fertilizer, who was angered when one of the trucks took out a portapotty (this one is REALLY hard to find, especially in unedited form). Maybe some Milton cartoons as well, "I'm gonna blow up the building" though if they included those with a better DVD of "Office Space" (which is the live-action version of the Milton series... sorta) that'd be peachy too.

Fluke Skywalker
07-27-2005, 02:39 AM
I had avoided those Time/Life compelations they advertise on TV, hoping for the real deal. Can't wait for the specifics.

This is going to be an expensive Fall for my DVD budget. ROTS, Batman Begins, Masters of the Universe & now B&B. :nerv:

El Chuxter
07-27-2005, 12:03 PM
JT, I understand that a special edition DVD of Office Space is in the works for later this year. Haven't heard for certain, but my guess is the Milton toons would be on that.

scruffziller
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh, that really, really sucks. "Promise of a Thin Me" or "Am I Black or White" or "White White Baby" are some of the best skits from the show. :cry:

Luckily I have the "White White Baby" skit on tape.:D

Here is the lowdown from tvshowsondvd.com on our champion couchfishers.

Beavis and Butt-head - Heh heh heh...he said 'Dorks'! Comic Con banner lets cat out of bag on B&B DVDs in November!Posted by Gord Lacey
In (http://In) keeping up with our animation-themed news today, we bring you information on a Beavis and Butt-head release currently in the works over at MTV. Details are slim at the moment, and MTV isn't talking about the release, but here's what we've been able to dig up.

A Beavis and Butt-head banner was hanging at Comic-Con in San Diego, and in perfect B&B fashion, it mocked show attendees. ComicBookResources.com (http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5586) posted a photo of the banner at their online scrapbook. We've enlarged the banner below. You can see evidence of a recent date change as well, so we know the set will join Ren and Stimpy (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3739) on November 8, but we have more to share than just the date (which we've been sitting on for far too long while we tried to gather more information for you).

Volume 1 will contain approx 40 shorts on 3 discs; there are 3 volumes planned. Mike Judge has hand-picked the episodes for this set, and some of them will be director's cuts (meaning they'll be different from broadcast, but not necessarily longer). There will be extras included on the set, and among them are music videos from the show. Our source wasn't sure how many would be included, but told us it would be somewhere between 5 and 10.

That's about all we have right now, but we hope our little spies can dig up some more information about the release.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Scruffy,

Do you know if it'll have the Frog Baseball pilot that was on Liquid Television?

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Hmm, that description doesn't sound good, if they have to be hand-picked then they can't be in order, and I don't know what to make of that comment about the 5 to 10 music videos but at 40 shorts on 3 discs I'm pretty sure that means we'll have no videos in the shorts themselves.

Rocketboy
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
JT, I understand that a special edition DVD of Office Space is in the works for later this year. Haven't heard for certain, but my guess is the Milton toons would be on that.Well, if past interviews are any indication, Mike Judge HATES the movie and wants nothing to do with it. He said the studio had been bugging him to do a Special Edition, but he said he'd never do it, so this could just be a studio made SE.
If he is involved, I get a feeling truckloads of cash was involved.

El Chuxter
07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Well, if past interviews are any indication, Mike Judge HATES the movie and wants nothing to do with it. He said the studio had been bugging him to do a Special Edition, but he said he'd never do it, so this could just be a studio made SE.
If he is involved, I get a feeling truckloads of cash was involved.

If he hates it, something tells me he's the only person alive who does. :erm:

Exhaust Port
07-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Hopefully the delay means they procured the rights to show all of the videos, which were the best part of the show.

I agree, I will only buy these if they include the videos. They loved to rip on Grim Reaper which always made for a great episode.

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I can see him hating the last half, everything after the printer-beat-down scene really isn't as good, but the first half of this movie is so friggin' amazingly funny that I can't imagine him disliking it.

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
I was never much of a B&B fan, they had their moments but on the whole it didn't do much for me. That being said I'd actually like to watch the show again but a dvd without the video's??? Man thats lame, although I can understand that getting the rights to all those video's has to be a be a major hassle.

tagmac
07-30-2005, 12:53 AM
If the episodes are "hand picked" and most of the videos aren't there, then what's the point? Half the fun was watching B&B rip on those obscure, early-mid 80's videos by singers/bands that weren't even one-hit wonders, yet somehow managed to get a video played on MTV. Sounds like I'll be better off saving my money and just sticking to my VHS versions, since the DVD's will probably be those same episodes already included there, and not any of the ones that were left off.

scruffziller
07-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Scruffy,

Do you know if it'll have the Frog Baseball pilot that was on Liquid Television?

The post tells all the info that anyone on the outside knows. It could, it could not.

They loved to rip on Grim Reaper which always made for a great episode.

YEA! YEA!!!!!

....he has a fat little face......

:D

scruffziller
08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
This will ease your guys' suffering.

http://bnb.host.sk (http://bnb.host.sk/)

or

http://beavis.does.it (http://beavis.does.it)

100% Feedback.

JimJamBonds
08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
This will ease your guys' suffering.

http://bnb.host.sk (http://bnb.host.sk/)

or

http://beavis.does.it (http://beavis.does.it/)

100% Feedback.

Wait a second young man this doesn't appear to be on the up and up! :p

scruffziller
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Wait a second young man this doesn't appear to be on the up and up! :p

Well what can I say. Mike Judge is now offically Gearge Lucas Jr.:D

James Boba Fettfield
11-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm sure we've all been wondering what the Mike Judge director cuts of the episodes on this set are going to be. Then we hear Judge talk about how there's a portion of B&B he is not happy with, stuff that embarasses him. Hmm, okay.

Well friends, thanks to a reviewer at DVD Talk's forums, we now have an idea what a Mike Judge Director Cut is:

I was curious about the "Director's Cut" episodes... so I started doing comparisons to the Time Life discs.

* 1-900-BEAVIS - On the Time Life disc, when the boys first make the phone call, they laugh and Butthead says "She said something" and they continue to laugh. On the Paramount disc, this line is omitted.

During the call the lady asks if they're there, and on the Time Life disc Butthead says "I think I just innoculated" (which is kinda funny actually). This line is removed in the Director's Cut.

Then at the end, the last line in the Time Life version is "Hey, maybe we'll hear some butt wind." This is removed from the Director's Cut.

* Late Night with Butthead - The new Director's Cut removes the first minute and a half of this episode, starting instead where B&B pitch the idea for their talk show. It removes Letterman's cameo voice appearance. Later, the director's cut removes B&B celebrating with some air guitar after successfully pitching their show.

* Figure Drawing - The DC removes a line where their teacher says he's about to teach a class on Aroma Therapy. Three or four lines are then cut after B&B rearrange the letters on the sign. Several other dialogue cuts throughout. No additions.

* Held Back - The DC removes the lines "This desk is giving me a stiffy" and "I don't even have room for a stiffy".

* Tainted Meat - The DC removes a bit from the middle of a news broadcast talking about "a fierce new parasite" in regards to Beavis making everyone sick at Burger World.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6515980

Follow along as more possible Director Cut episodes are revealed.

You almost got me, Judge and Paramount, but thankfully I saw how you butchered the episodes and have decided to pass. :yes:

El Chuxter
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
That really sucks. Director's cuts are supposed to have more, not less. Someone please tell Mr Judge that.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for buying this DVD. I've often said that there's about a third of Beavis & Butthead that I think is great and I'm really proud of, another third that is okay, and then another third that's really really awful and embarrassing. A while back I talked with the folks at MTV and we agreed to put out a DVD set that would contain the two thirds that didn't suck and call it 'The Mike Judge Collection.' This is the first volume of that two thirds. Thanks and enjoy, Mike Judge.

Popular theory is the director cuts are to remove embarrassing and awful material from the episodes he calls great and is proud of.

Makes sense, why the hell else are lines of dialogue removed?

JediTricks
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Mike Judge is a total doof, even Lucas revisioned history better than that mess.

scruffziller
11-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Popular theory is the director cuts are to remove embarrassing and awful material from the episodes he calls great and is proud of.

HEHHHHHHH???????????:confused:

It was the things that he is removing that made us talk and laugh our keisters off amongst us fans that made him able to put these on DVD.

Rocketboy
11-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Anyone happen to see the B&B "informercial" (on Mtv2, I think) with Beavis, Butt-head, and & Lando Calrissian himself, Billy Dee Williams!
Funny stuff.