PDA

View Full Version : How interested would you be in the Titanium Worlds Assortment?

SirSteve
07-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Hasbro would like to better understand Collectors interest in different assortments within the Titanium Series. During Comic-Con, the showed different assortments. Please indicate how interested you would be interested purchasing the Titanium Worlds assortment (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4035) if they retailed for $14.99-$19.99. See the images by clicking the links below.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/4035/thumbs/DSC_9601.JPG (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=13843&cat=4035)[/url]
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/4035/thumbs/DSC_9603.JPG
[url="http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=13842&cat=4035"]http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/4035/thumbs/DSC_9600.JPG (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=13845&cat=4035)

Battle Droid
07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Definately would buy! :D

Kidhuman
07-26-2005, 01:04 AM
I have left feedback for them and would buy them without a doubt.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2005, 02:46 AM
14.99-19.99 for a hunk of metal? You're joking, right Hasbro? No way in hizell I would buy these things. Hasbro should concentrate on things that will sell (these won't, sorry to say- the Vehicle assortment is warming pegs in my area) such as the figures. How about giving us new figures in the new Saga line, hasbleh? Screw these metal things, give us figures. 19.99 for a FEW figures vs. for one ship. Nope. sorry. :D

Slicker
07-26-2005, 02:57 AM
I'd definitely consider buying these if they are on par with the vintage playsets. The Hoth one in the pics looks pretty good. And like KH I have also left feedback.:D

plasticfetish
07-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I voted "might/might not" and left comments with a few of the photos. :)

OC47150
07-26-2005, 07:55 AM
If I saw one I liked, I'd buy it.

jedi master sal
07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
It really would depend on which worlds, what ships/mini figs are included, scale of world compared to ship/vehicle, sculpt of ships/world/etc.

There's a lot of factors to consider for this line. Chances are with me that I'm only going to buy the ones I REALLY like. But I'm going to be VERY selective with this line.

mtriv73
07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Since I had so much fun with the micro sets when I was younger, I think these are a great idea and would definitely buy them.

Rocketboy
07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
These are the worst idea since shrinking the Unleashed line.

If they weren't so much...maybe, but highly doubtful.

Captain Spoon
07-26-2005, 02:04 PM
I would buy the Bobba Fett without a doubt. I might also pick up th epic battle scenes if they can be framed and/or hung up on a wall. As for the rest of this junk, (a Yoda Van come frigg'n on) They need to concentrate on basic 3 3/4 figures and quit playing with all the goofy s***. Choppers, Metal Cars tiny Unleashed, ( ok thaht one I can understand but why not 4inch why 2inch ?) I have deceided that I am keeping my collection basic from now on. All I will buy from hasbro is basic figures and vehicles. I will spending the big bucks on the new Side Show products.

Ji'dai
07-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Probably Would Buy: Micro playsets with die-cast figurines similar to the original Kenner Micro Collection. I loved those playset because of the level of detail and movie accuracy. Vehicles in scale with those playsets would be fun too. A Micro-Falcon playset with detailed interior cabin and corridor to the cockpit would be great!

I would not buy large metal figurines or cars with SW characters on them.

Warstar
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
I left my feedback on these, too...

If Hasbro does not sell them, then those prototypes in the pictures there will be worth hundreds :)

Seriously, though, die-cast ships are cool. Die-cast worlds? No thanks. The Micro Collection back in the day took off because nothing like it had ever been around before. However, the line failed. Miserably.

The old mid-size Die-Cast ships (Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, Star Destroyer, etc.) sold well though, and I wish Hasbro would make some in the larger scale again (but they'd have to be REALLY cool for me to spend money on them).

Otherwise, Hasbro, I recommend you do not sell these things. Focus on Die-Cast vehicles only, since that's where the collector market and playability market tend to collide :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I would definitely buy them, as I am a fan of the Titanium Series. I like stuff that is considered nonstandard.

shinji
07-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Probably Would Buy: Micro playsets with die-cast figurines similar to the original Kenner Micro Collection. I loved those playset because of the level of detail and movie accuracy. Vehicles in scale with those playsets would be fun too. A Micro-Falcon playset with detailed interior cabin and corridor to the cockpit would be great!

I would not buy large metal figurines or cars with SW characters on them.

I would lean towards the micro playsets if they were as cool as the Kenner ones...but that's a big if. As far as the $14.99 figures go...good luck with that...I'll see them on the discount endcap at Target soon enough.

How to I feel about the larger scale Titanium vehicles? hrmmmm let's see....they look to be about the size of action fleet or maybe slightly smaller...wow let's rehash xwings and ties again but in metal...whoopeedo. How about Hasblow bring back action fleet and instead of doing repaints, they actually put out vehicles that haven't been released before or those that were in big demand such as the Tie Defender....

If I had to make a decision today..I'd vote for the playsets only. I'd reserve my opinion of the vehicles until I can actually see one provided with dimensions. Figures at $15? hahaha uhhhhhhh no. If I want to pay $15 for a statue, I'd rather get a mini bust or a full statue and pay the extra $$, not a small chunk of metal.

Scackmgack
07-28-2005, 09:07 AM
What I don't get, is why is Hasbro even looking at doing this when the one line it seems EVERYONE wants back, the Action Fleet line, is being left in the dust?

Homing Spider Droid. Imperial Star Destroyer. Mon Calamari cruiser. Zam Wessel's speeder. Anakin's speeder. All prototyped, all ready to go. Maybe they could drop the last two, but the first three would get yanked off shelves and brought to the counter quick.

Venator-class star destroyer. The Invisible Hand. Confederate gunship. Turbo Tank. Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. There's at least five more entries all of which are guaranteed sells.

Republic Gunships, Slave I, and Republic Assault ships were never produced in adequate numbers!

Why is Hasbro sitting on this veritable goldmine of profit and instead exploring these ridiculous, overpriced die-cast sets?

Turbowars
07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Trash Hasbro! Concentrate on your up coming Motor Cycle line. Oh wait that's trash also. How about some 3-3/4" Basic Star Wars action figures. Wow, now that sounds like a great idea.:rolleyes: Hasbro, the further you stray from the basic line the further I will stay from your toy isle. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Do what you do best,( well pretty good) 3-3/4" Star Wars Action figures.

Hellboy
07-30-2005, 02:39 PM
"Might/might not" buy for me. I'd have to wait and see but chances are I'd be pretty selective.