PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to drop in and say "hello!"

MasterReplicas
07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
So...um...HELLO!

This is Steve D. of MR. I read this forum for the first time about six weeks ago. I saw a few posts where I thought "That is a really good question...I should answer that...!"

I then tried to log in and it kept telling me there was an error. :confused:

Fast forward a few weeks to Comicon, where your mighty leader hung out at our booth. I told him of my plight and he immediately hooked me up with a new account. :D

Cool.

So...

I will try to pop in from time to time and answer questions as my schedule allows. As we noted on the other forums, I would respectfully request that a few guidelines be followed:

-Be nice. I won't answer threads that start with "MR is just stupid if they think..."

or

"MR had better..."

or one of my personal favorites:

"This is just another money grab for MR. They are idiots if they think we are going to put up with this..."

or any thread that has that red "p1ssed off" face in the title.

I hate those.

AND...If you insult me or the company, I reserve the right to make fun of you. :evil:

Other than THOSE, I look forward to a mutually beneficial, fun relationship here and hope to keep everyone enlightened about the company and products.

Steve C. and I spent quite a bit of time chatting at Comicon and I thought to myself...he is a really cool guy and we should do more with them.

So here am I...

I see Amy is popping in to answer CS questions, which is great! I will handle product-related questions and she can focus on CS type questions. I will try to get here at least twice a week and answer what I can.

Please be aware that I can't always answer up-coming product questions or new-license-detail-questions as we aren't always allowed to discuss such things...but I will do my best. If I just can't discuss something, I will let you know.

Let us begin...:D

Blackened88
07-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the boards, so will the new Clone Trooper Helmets be a Limited number produced?

Jayspawn
07-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Welcome to SSG Steve D. of Master Replicas! We have a good bunch, you should have to worry about any of that. We're big fans!

Any thoughts on doing a full-sized Carbonite Han Solo Replica?

Kidhuman
07-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Welcome Steve. Did ya fire Amy? Havent seen her here lately. :D :beard:

Jaster
07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Steve!

I really enjoyed your panel at Comic Con, technical difficulties not withstanding! lol.

Like Jayspawn said we are big fans, and I finally took the leap and bought Anakin's FX saber (to start) Joined the Collector's society and plan to buy an LE in the near future!

I really like the amazing Clone helmets and I look froward to either Jango's or Boba's helmet! **hint hint ;) ;) **

Deoxyribonucleic
07-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Totally cool that you dropped by!! :D

I loved your presence at SDCC! I've NEVER seen so many lightsabers in one concentrated area in my life...AWESOME! And all of your staff were great and very personable!

Keep up the awesome replicas!

2-1B
07-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Hello Steve D, I am wondering if your fine company might be making a last minute appearance at Wizard World Chicago ? As of this posting they do not have you listed on the Exhibitor list . . . please tell me you will be added ? :)

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey there Steve, glad to see another MR face around here, I think I actually e-interviewed you for SSG back in June of '02. After some extensive searching, I found the article in our old features system: http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=35138&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

I have a question for you, what is the price of the Borders-exclusive Luke ROTJ Force FX Lightsaber? And is it using the ROTJ sound effects or is it borrowing the sounds from the Anakin ROTS Force FX?

Also, can I have some free stuff? ;) Pleeease??? I am pretty broke and my birthday is coming up in a month, is that a good enough reason? I gave your Luke ESB Force FX Lightsaber a "glowing (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30554)" review (sorry, that may be the lamest pun I've ever done on the forums) - to be fair though, it totally earned it even though I spent $20 more on it than my Vader FX saber :p. Alright, alright, enough silliness. :D

Here's another serious question, this one may be putting you on the spot though, any news on the possibility of removable-blade Force FX sabers?

Finally, this may come off a little brown-nosey but it is honest... I'd just like to say that I really appreciate what you MR folks have been doing for us Star Wars prop fans - making replicas that might otherwise never be done and doing it with the greatest quality - and the Force FX sabers have honestly been closer to my heart than almost any other Star Wars collectible ever, they're the type of items I dreamed about some day owning when I was a kid. Right now I only own Luke's ESB and Vader's ANH, but each is very special to me.

yeek
07-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Nice to have you here Steve!

SirSteve
07-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Welcome Steve. Did ya fire Amy? Havent seen her here lately. :D :beard:

Welcome Steve D.!

Amy is still with Master Replicas but she does have a full-time job there. She will be checking in as she gets time.

JediTricks - I have ported over that interview to our new system:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31668

Val Da Car
07-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Steve D.

Welcome to the forums and a Genuine and Sincere Thanks for joining and looking in on the forumites here at SSG.

I know we represent just a minority of consumers but it is nice to have some response from your company.

I myself have started to collect the mini sabers and really enjoy them.

I am also going to the Chicago Comic Con and hope to see MR there and to get the exclusive Yoda saber there!

Once again...welcome.

Blackened88
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Today I got my first Master Replica, the Stormtrooper blaster and I love it. But I have a few questions. First is the scope supposed to be see through or not? Does the stock fold completly out? Does the clip come out? I ask because I don't want to break it.

Jayspawn
07-27-2005, 06:02 PM
I got your answers Blackened88. Yes the scope is see-through (just like the ESB Han Solo Blaster), The stock does not fold back nor does the clip come out (unless you want to break it out). I have one also and love it!

JediTricks
07-27-2005, 07:33 PM
JediTricks - I have ported over that interview to our new system:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31668Awesome work, thanks boss. :)

megaprime33
07-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Welcome aboard!! It's great that MR's people are willing to actually come here and talk with their customers and fans. It's great to know that you can answer a few questions that I believe Amy was unable to.

My question is will MR be producing a Mace Windu and Count Dooku ROTS LE? I'm sure many of us who have missed the chance of getting the AOTC version would love to be able to buy them again from the company, instead of paying secondary market prices.

Kidhuman
07-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the response SirSTeve, was wondering if she stopped coming here.

slothfurnace
07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Welcome, and Howdy from Texas!

You guys make some really great stuff! I am really glad you folks are here!

Slothfurnace.

mcfly50
08-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I just wanted to say that I think that is great you are taking time for the fans. Good on you!

Blackened88
08-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Welcome to SSG mcfly.

stillakid
08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
What are the chances of MR producing a full scale wearable Vader Reveal Helmet? All three pieces which could be put together and disassembled easily.

Thanks!

mcfly50
08-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Thank you Blackened88. I have been reading these threads for awhile and just recently SirSteve himself finally got my account squared away. How cool is that? The man himself hooked me up! Anyways, I looking forward to chatting with everybody here. There seems to be a lot of good guys on this site and I am eager to read what everyone writes.

Jedi_Mike
08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Nice to see Steve D on these boards ready to add the conversations. Looking forward to reading some interesting posts.