PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds of Indiana Jones busts

Jaster
07-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Dear Gentle Giants,

What are the odds of getting a bust line based on Indiana Jones? the Lucas liscense is there and the Harrison Ford likesness is there. So what do you say?

Jayspawn
08-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me! A short line of say Indiana, Henry, Sallah and maybe Marcus Brody, Toht, Marion Ravenwood and Shortround!

darthinwah
08-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me! A short line of say Indiana, Henry, Sallah and maybe Marcus Brody, Toht, Marion Ravenwood and Shortround!

Yeah Shortround!!!

how bout a willie and spielburg bust too!

JediTricks
08-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Jaster, that's a great idea. Indy hasn't translated too well to toys after that first line died, but busts would be another thing entirely and could work great.

BTW, I changed the title of the thread to get people to see what you mean before they click, hopefully that'll get more folks to add their opinions.

Ji'dai
08-05-2005, 07:18 PM
If Lucas/Spielberg/Ford are seriously working on a fourth Indiana Jones film we might see some busts from GG.

Galoob had the IJ license and produced a box set of MicroMachines. Hasbro acquired the license when they bought Galoob but they haven't done anything with it. Of course, that's Hasbro for you. They sat on the SW license for several years before finally putting out some new product with the Action Masters release in '94.

JimJamBonds
08-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Awesome idea Jaster good call. :)

Turbowars
08-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm all for this idea!! Count me in!

OC47150
08-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Heck, try a bust-up line of Indy Jones. If that goes over well, expand it to full-size.

Turbowars
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I think a series of Bust-ups would kill the hopes of a full size Mini bust series. Bust-Ups aren't really that popular beside there isn't any really cool characters from Indiana Jones beside Indiana. Most of the others would be too boring IMHO.

OC47150
08-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Bust-Ups aren't really that popular...

Really? Everyone I know has had a hard time finding them.

Jaster
08-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Here's my personal wishlist by movie

Raiders of the Lost Arc
Classic Indy with fedora/jacket/whip around shoulder
Marion Ravenwood in white evening gown:love:
Dr. Marcus Brody
Sallah with arab garb
Dr. Rene Belloq archeologist outfit/Cairo dig
Colonel Dietrich
Major Toht sculpted waving hand, staff of Rah burn on palm of hand

Temple of Doom
Dr. Jones professor outfit/glasses/combed hair/tie
Willie Scott red opening dance number dress:love:
Short round
Mola Ram with this one I would like to see Mola sculpted with his arm raised in the air holding a human heart and use the light up feature they used on the Neo (matrix) bust and make the heart glow red!
Thugee Guard

Last Crusade
Young Indy (River Phoenix)
Dr. Henry Jones
Dr. Elsa Schneider:love:
Walter Donovan
Colonel Vogel
Grail Knight

Upcoming film

it would also be cool to get a full size statue of Indy in the Mayan ruin, arms stretched out about to grab the idol sand bag inhand and a moss covered pedestal and idol. Give this line the attention to detail that ony GG can give and yo've got yourself a winnah!:thumbsup:

What do you think?

OC47150
08-29-2005, 05:24 PM
You wouldn't want a just-got-the-crap-knocked-out-of-him/torn shirt Indy from TOD?

Jaster
08-31-2005, 12:29 AM
^That Indy could be the 2007 San Diego Comic Con Exclusive :twisted: :laugh: