PDA

View Full Version : Dead Like Me

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Does anyone watch this Showtime original series? I am finally getting hooked on it, after glimpsing a few episodes last year. I am also depressed to hear that this series is on hiatus and will likely be cancelled.

The premise is that these group of deceased people are allowed to wander the earth, so long as they take part in participating as "grim reapers," making sure to touch their victim prior to their deaths, and then usually acclamating them to the world of the diseased. In addition to that task, they also have to hold a steady "real" job of their own. Their prior lives are erased in a way, as no one on Earth sees them as who they were.

Ellen Muth, the lead actress, is wickedly funny and has a great sarcastic edge. There is an excellent supporting cast with Mandy Patankin, Callum Blue, and Jasmine Guy. It brings a humor to death, but at the same time, it touches you, especially the scenes with the family of George (Ellen's character) who can no longer ever see their daughter, and especially of her younger sister who lost what it seems like, her only companion. A truly wonderful show that needs to get back on the air.

Kidhuman
07-28-2005, 01:34 AM
I used to watch it when I had shotime. I thought it was a great show. Damn funny if you like that weird odd sense of humor. I just wont get Shotime just for this though. Not worth it. Just buy the DVD sets and its cheaper. Some of the way the people die is hilarious.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-28-2005, 01:53 AM
I've been meaning to rent the DVD's as I heard this show was magical and don't fret yet: I think another network picked it up. I'll have to hunt down the article, so gimme a day or two, but i think things are looking up. :D

UKWildcat
05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
For the fans of this show, Dead Like Me may be returning as a movie. (Linky (http://www.syfyportal.com/news423577.html)) This is excellent news. I never watched the show when it aired, but I just finished both seasons on DVD a month or so ago. I immediately fell in love with the show and it boggled my mind as to why they originally cancelled it. Hopefully they can get all of the original cast. :thumbsup:

stillakid
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
The only reason I got Showtime was to watch this show. I was bummed/confused when it just went away with no explanation. I'd love to see some kind of resolution between the sisters. To me, that was the main storyline and the Reapers looking for souls was the thread to keep it all going. But the real emotion was in the two sisters both coping with the loss of one another.