PDA

View Full Version : What is this film?

jeddah
07-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Hello, I was hoping for an answer on identifying this film as it’s been driving me loopy over the past 2 weeks trying to remember it.
:crazed:
It has some kind of end –of-the-world feel to it as in “somebody save us or the world’s going to be taken over by some evil giant squiddy things!”. Anyway, the bit that sticks in mind is the end where there are two or three of these squid things in the clouds over a city or landscape, dangling these huge tentacles down, ready to tear the place apart. I think ‘they’ have to open some portal maybe to suck these things back to the ‘other side’.

It is a recent film but I can’t for the life of me remember the film. :mad:

A suggestion? A thought? Anyone? ;)

jeddah

Ji'dai
07-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Sounds like Hellboy to me. At the end of the film, Rasputin forces Hellboy to open the portal between Earth and another dimension where the gods of evil are imprisoned. Once the portal opens, their long tentacles begin sweeping down through the cloud cover to Earth.

There was also a scene earlier in the film that showed a possible future if the forces of darkness triumph. Hellboy, wearing a crown of fire, is watching the tentacles of the evil ones sweep down over the ruins of a city. I think there was even a tattered newspaper nearby with the headline "APOCALYPSE!" or some such nonsense ;)

jeddah
07-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Sounds like Hellboy to me...

Muy muy, I loff you!

Thank you so much, you have no idea how this was driving me potty over the past 2 weeks! I can sleep now, sleeeeeeeep :zzz: :D

jeddah

Captain Spoon
07-28-2005, 11:39 AM
My Guess was Weekend At Bernie's 2, I guess I was off by a hair or so.lol

Turbowars
07-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Damn, I was just going to say Weekend Bernie's 2 also. I can't believe how these 2 movie's are alike. ;)

Bobby Fett
07-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Damn, I was just going to say Weekend Bernie's 2 also. I can't believe how these 2 movie's are alike. ;)

Don't be ridiculous! In Weekend at Bernie's 2, they weren't squiddy things, they were octo***** things. Hope this clears everything up.