PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for football season? (Merged)

JetsAndHeels
07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Here we are, July 28th, and football is not too far off. I am about to pull my hair out waiting on this season to just get started. It seems each offseason is longer than the one before....and I just about can't take it anymore, so I wanna talk football.
I love college and NFL dearly. While I am really excited about NFL starting, I am also very much ready to see some college ball too. I usually go to about 3 or 4 Carolina games each year, plus I always attend the meet and greet session with the team. I will no doubt do the same this season if I am able to with my schedule. I just long to go back to the stadium and take in all the fun that there is when attending a college game.
As far as the NFL, same thing. I go to a bar in Raleigh where the Jets club (yes there is one down here) watches games. Each week during NFL season we gather there to fellowship and catch the games. It's really alot of fun and I miss it dearly during the offseason. This year will be even better because we are planning on taking a group down to Charlotte for the Panthers/Jets game in November.
So anyway, I just had to rant a bit because it seems like this has been the longest offseason I can recall (I am sure next year I will think the same thing) and I just want football to get here already. Who's with me?

JimJamBonds
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I think the offseason is getting shorter and shorter. I work in Green Bay (I live about 40 min away) and all you ever hear is Packers Packers Packers. Somebody might go on a rampage killing 4 people but if its game day the lead story will be the outcome of the Packers game. Granted I love football I'm just not a person that 'lives and dies with his team.' I hate it how its EVERYTHING to some people here.

I will say though Green Bay does have something cool with it being a publicly owned team. Granted your stock will never pay a dividend and you can only have one share its still cool, for $200 you can be a NFL owner! :) To footballs credit its always a letdown after the season is over... what am I to watch on Sundays??? Long story short? Giddy up bring on Lord Football!

2-1B
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the start of the season so my Sunday's can be solely occupied with watching the NFL from 10am til 10:30pm . . . can't wait !

Kidhuman
07-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Kick off in a 6 weeks

CaptainSolo1138
07-29-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm with you guys. I'm looking forward to the Detroit Lions playoff run this year and....and...HA HA HA HA!!!! Did I really just say that!?!?!? lol

Seriously, I find myself watching old NFL films shows on ESPN Classic just to fill the void. With all the talk of training camps and hold-out rumors, it's just making me itch more.

Slicker
07-29-2005, 06:57 AM
I can't wait for this damn season to start. I love watching the Lions play and I'm thinking about getting NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch all of the games otherwise the only game I'm guaranteed to see is the Thanksgiving day game.

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Cap, Slick... wow I feel for you boys. As much as the Packers are heartbreakers and tough to watch at times...damn the freakin' LIONS! If nothing else you guys should get something for saying you like the Lions in a public forum like this! :p ;)

Slicker
07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
If nothing else you guys should get something for saying you like the Lions in a public forum like this! :p ;)Yeah, we should get our arse's kicked.:p

I like the Tigers too. So bring on the pain.

CaptainSolo1138
07-29-2005, 10:35 AM
But we get the Redwings and the Pistons. It's a trade-off I guess.

I'd love to go to a game at the Lion's "new" home, Ford Field, this season. The Silverdome was a blast, and from what I hear, Ford Field is even better.

I am eagerly awaiting the start of the season so my Sunday's can be solely occupied with watching the NFL from 10am til 10:30pm . . . can't wait!
What about Sportscenter and NFL Primetime? You can easily go until midnite! :D

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
I like the Tigers too. So bring on the pain.

Well I'm a Brewer fan... 1992 was the last winning season. :crazed:

CaptainSolo1138
07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Well I'm a Brewer fan... 1992 was the last winning season. :crazed:
1992 was Paul Molitor's last year as a Brewer. Coincidence? :D

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 11:06 AM
1992 was Paul Molitor's last year as a Brewer. Coincidence? :D

Nope. But hey we have Cecil Fielders 'seed' now!

2-1B
07-29-2005, 11:08 AM
I watch Primetime before the Sunday Night game so that's included in my timeline and SC is a day of decision as to whether I stay tuned, depends on if I feel like sliding in a non-NFL DVD. lol

I'm not even really that much of a Packers fan, but man do I ever hate those Lions. They disgrace the American holiday of Thanksgiving. lol

In the words of Brett Favre many years ago while visiting one of Jim Jam's favorite taverns, "**** the Lions." lol lol lol

kool-aid killer
07-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Im eagerly awaiting this season too, so that Da Bears can kick some Green Cheese arse. This is the year...(again)

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm with you guys. I'm looking forward to the Detroit Lions playoff run this year and....and...HA HA HA HA!!!! Did I really just say that!?!?!? lol

I really think the Lions could have a breakout year, but it all depends on Joey Harrington. Now he has absolutely ZERO excuses because that offense is stacked. With the 2 Williams boys at WR (I guess Rogers could go in the slot) and Kevin Jones at RB...oh man, they could really do some damage. The key is the QB. He has to be productive. And the good thing is if Joey doesn't do too hot, at least you have an experienced guy in Garcia who can make plays.
Keep your heads up Lions fans, things don't look that bad. :)
I am not too sure of who is on the defense, but I do know you've got a fine CB in Dre Bly (and a fine Tarheel he was)..

2-1B
07-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Im eagerly awaiting this season too, so that Da Bears can kick some Green Cheese arse. This is the year...(again)

A lucky fumble by Ahman Green on the goal line, take that away and it would have been the usual season sweep of Da Bears. lol lol lol

On a serious note, it bothers me how much attention Brian UrSlacker gets . . . toughen up and play a full season and I'll give him his credit. Enough of this injured all the time nonsense. lol

kool-aid killer
07-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah, the Green Cheese Packers ALWAYS seem to have our number, i cant stand them! Im not impressed with Urlacher either, the guy seems to be living off the name he made his rookie season more than anything now, last year he was a ghost on defense.

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2005, 01:36 PM
KAK, I think Cedric Benson is going to be one heck of an addition to that team. I think he will have a good rookie season.

2-1B
07-29-2005, 01:40 PM
But first he has to sign ! ! ! :rolleyes:

and don't get me wrong, I think Urlacher is a quality person, just have to razz him on some stuff. lol

kool-aid killer
07-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I really hope so, it seems like the last decades worth of running backs that Da Bears have had all fizzled. Rashan Salamm being the most noteworthy bomb of the bunch. Im hoping Benson can become a good back for them, but he is a product of Texas (and me being a Husker fan) so im naturally skeptical...

JetsAndHeels
07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I didn't know Benson was still unsigned. Thanks for the heads up Caesar.

KAK, just remember he is no longer a Texas guy but a member of your Bears!! That's how I have had to look at it the past 2 years because the Jets have drafted guys from NC State (the enemy) and although I didn't like them in college I just considered them to have "converted" from the dark side. :D

And the Bears have a darn good WR in Muhammad too.

CaptainSolo1138
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
I really think the Lions could have a breakout year, but it all depends on Joey Harrington. Now he has absolutely ZERO excuses because that offense is stacked.That's the mantra chanted every year about this time in Michigan.
I guess Rogers could go in the slotIF he can FINALLY stay healthy for more than two weeks!

Keep your heads up Lions fans, things don't look that bad. :)
Yeah, because it'll be January soon and all of our pain and suffering will be over :D

In reading this thread, it sounds like ther could be a real good "Black and Blue" rivalry going.

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
The NFC North should be pretty interesting. The Porkers haven't done much to improve there lot. Everybody should be good this year with all teams having a wide open shot to win it all but each has their problems. Lions? As was said its the QB. Vikings? Head coach. Bears: everybody on the team. :D Packers? Their D, although the head coach isn't to great either imho. Also I'm one of the few that never drank the Brett Favre kool-aid. Yes he brought a Super Bowl title back to GB but... man does he have some bonehead plays! :crazed:

Slicker
07-29-2005, 03:58 PM
The Lions do indeed have an outstanding chance to make the playoffs this year and that's no joking. They played awesomely last year (for the Lions that is) and the only dark spot was at QB but Harrington showed that he can play...when threatened with losing the starting position. He'll no doubts step it up with someone with Garcia's caliber biting at his heels.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm willing to bet anyone $1 million that the Super Bowl is coming to Detroit in 2006.;)

Kidhuman
07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
It might be coming to Detroit, but will the Lions be there on field?

2-1B
07-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Jangy, I was just reading this morning about Cadillac signing with Tampa and it mentioned that they didn't know if he would sign before Benson and Ronnie Brown did, so Cadillac could see what he was "worth" . . . but that wasn't the case, he won't miss any practice.

JetsAndHeels
07-31-2005, 03:18 PM
In the spirit of football and the upcoming season, I have decided to list what my ultimate fantasy football lineup would be. I've been doing research with the draft guides and a couple of the magazines about this year's rosters, so I thought it would be fun to list who we would all take if we had the pick of the litter. Here is how mine goes:

QB-Peyton Manning,for obvious reasons. Cannot deny the #'s he has put up, especially last season
Backup QB-Brett Favre.I have always like his work ethic, and the fact that he seems to hardly get hurt and he plays tough with experience
3rd String QB-Kerry Collins. With Randy Moss now on the roster, this guy is going to take advantage, and he has a fairly good arm to be a veteran

RB-Ladanian Tomlinson. I love his running style, plus his youth gives him an edge because this will only be his 5th season and he is already a star
Backup RB-Tossup between Ahman Green and Priest Holmes. The only thing that bothers me about Holmes is his injury he had and I think Green could be more productive, but both are quality backs
If I had a 3rd choice at RB it would be Lamont Jordan. I know first hand this guy can run from his days as a Jet, and now this season he will be the #1 guy in the backfield for the Raiders.

WR-Randy Moss. This guy may be a pain in the butt, but he can flat out play and this year he is going to have another great year catching passes from Kerry Collins out in Oakland.
WR-Marvin Harrison. How can you not want the guy who is Peyton Manning's number 1 target? He is a big play receiver who can be the playmaker for Indy and also would provide a nice 1-2 punch with Manning at QB for your FF team
WR-Terrell Owens. Let's just overlook all the contract problems and focus on TO's playing ability. The man is an elite wideout and was a huge contributing factor to the Eagles superbowl appearance last season.
WR-Steve Smith. I have always liked this guy. Last year he went down with a leg injury in the Monday night game and missed the entire season. Now he is back and healthy, so I expect a good year for him at WR and also with his duty at returning punts.
For 5 WR sets, I would choose Laveranues Coles. This is a biased pick on my part being that he is back with the Jets, but he put up good numbers with his first tenure in NY and I expect the same this year. He has good work experience with Pennington and can make plays.

TE-Antonio Gates. Last year was the season of the tight end, and Gates showed us exactly why. He was a big part of the success San Diego had offensively, and I expect the same from his again this season.
Backup TE-Alge Crumpler. Like Gates, Crumpler proved to be a very valuable weapon on the Atlanta offense last season and helped take the team to the NFC Championship game. Plus he is a Tarheel!! :D

On defense I would be inclined to select the Baltimore squad, because they have always been a dominant group. This year would be no different IMO, and I believe they would be the best pick.
2nd choice would be New England. The reason is because this is the one team who has been able to stop Peyton Manning and company multiple times and still finds a way to keep opponents from running up the score. Its a pain to me as a Jets fan, but I have to give credit to the Super Bowl Champs.

For place kicker, I would select Adam Vinatieri. 2 super bowl victories won for NE on his leg. The guy is clutch.
2nd pick for kicker, David Akers. He is the NFC version of Vinatieri, contributing by hitting key FG's for his squad.

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2005, 08:06 AM
My #1 QB would be Doug Flutie.

Seriously.

2-1B
08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
This will sound really mean, I'm sorry but I need to vent :D, anyway I kinda hope right now that when Cedric Benson finally signs with the Bears, he blows out a knee and has career ending surgery. Sorry, it's terrible, I know . . . it's just that I read the update about Lovie Smith publicly appealing to the guy to get into camp and all I can think of was the draft day in April when the guy was crying like a little b**** because he was so happy to be drafted by the Bears . . . I even joked at the time that he must have been crying out of frustration over getting picked by Chicago lol lol lol but what do you know, maybe I was right in the first place. ;)

Anyway it's a terrible thing to say, I don't really mean it but it just ticks me off that sooooo many players get drafted and suddenly they are these big prima donnas and they haven't even played one snap in the NFL. Many of these guys come from NOTHING as far as financial means and right off the bat they are drafted and they're gonna get some HUGE cash - but they hold out for more. It's ridiculous. I know, I know, market value . . . I get that, I really do, but this is a market of unproven players and a handful of them (statistically) are going to bust out. Right ? ? ?

JimJamBonds
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
I agree w/ ya Caesar, the only thing it won't ever really stop. If the owners agree between themselves to take such a stand the dreded "C" word will come out. COLLUSION!

2-1B
08-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Speaking of C words lol lol lol I laughed at Drew Rosenhaus' comments about TO's potential holdout, saying that he'll meet with TO and go from there, since TO's the boss and Drew works for him . . . yes that's technically true but who's the one always in these guys' ears about how badly the teams are treating them ? :rolleyes:

Look at Grady Jackson here in GB . . . good player, yes, but getting old and he didn't even pass the physical. So he's all bent about how GB is treating him, and who is in his ear about it ? Grima Wormtongue - I mean - Drew Rosenhaus. lol

JimJamBonds
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Speaking of C words lol lol lol I laughed at Drew Rosenhaus' comments about TO's potential holdout, saying that he'll meet with TO and go from there, since TO's the boss and Drew works for him . . . yes that's technically true but who's the one always in these guys' ears about how badly the teams are treating them ? :rolleyes:

Look at Grady Jackson here in GB . . . good player, yes, but getting old and he didn't even pass the physical. So he's all bent about how GB is treating him, and who is in his ear about it ? Grima Wormtongue - I mean - Drew Rosenhaus. lol

And how many players in Drew Holdingouts' stable were going to sit out but then came into camp at the last second??? I heard a story that Grady went to a GB area car dealer and wanted to get a Benz or something but his credit was so bad that a millionaire couldn't a loan from a bank for 100k car. :crazed: He then asked his agent for the money who then said 'you're crazy.' Exit old agent, enter Drue Holdingouts. :p

JetsAndHeels
08-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Here is a funny article I found on FoxSports.com by writer Andy Hill. Enjoy.

Why your team won't win the Super Bowl

I rarely write anything negative. That's just my nature. In fact, Dick Vermeil goes through at least four hankies while reading a typical column.

But instead of riding this formula, I'm prepared to accentuate the negative.

That's why this particular column will explain why your team will not win the Super Bowl.

Quoting a great player (I think it was Jim Kelly) ... deal with it.

NFC
East Division

Dallas Cowboys: We're not sure if he's the best quarterback named Drew on this team, but Drew Bledsoe has been hired to start behind center.
Even if the Dallas defense is less doomed than last year, the Cowboys won't win it all because Bledsoe holds the ball longer than Kobe Bryant.

New York Giants: This is the year franchise savior Eli Manning shows the world he's a better quarterback than his older brother. His older brother named Cooper Manning.

Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles, who seem poised to win it all, will fade after quarterback Donovan McNabb goes out for the season with hurt feelings. The culprit figures to be messianic receiver Terrell Owens. You may recall that the tragically under-compensated T.O. sort of compared himself to Jesus.
At least the Eagles are training in Bethlehem, Pa.

Washington Redskins: NASCAR-connected Joe Gibbs wrecks his second year back in D.C. by failing to remove the restrictor plate from QB Patrick Ramsey.
North Division

Chicago Bears: The alleged salvation of a rotten offense is rookie running back Cedric Benson. Cedric, a former Texas Longhorn, has attempted to sidestep comparisons to Ricky Williams.
At press time, Ricky was in camp and Cedric was not.

Detroit Lions: While waiting to see if injury-prone Charles Rogers follows through on plans to star in a reality series called Pimp My Gurney, Joey Harrington flops at quarterback.
The Lions turn to former 49ers star Jeff Garcia. Even though ex-teammate Terrell Owens may have his doubts, Garcia isn't gay.

He just can't pass straight.

Green Bay Packers: A defense already assessed as weak overall, is doomed by a secondary featuring a hybrid that will be known as the "shot-down corner."

Minnesota Vikings: With coach Mike Tice busted for scalping tickets, many of his players will refuse to take him at face value.
South Division

Atlanta Falcons: After watching Michael Vick risk his health on highlight-reel packages, the world eventually will learn that longevity for great legs is limited to Tina Turner.

Carolina Panthers: Super Bowl triumph is not prepared to attach itself to a team whose alleged top steroid fiend was the ex-punter.

New Orleans Saints: The letter to follow in the Big Easy is D-plus ... that's the grade many experts have assigned to the Saints' linebacking corps.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Another disappointing season will determine whether or not Jon Gruden is worthy of as many spin-offs as the original Chucky.
West Division

Arizona Cardinals: No team playing its home games on the surface of the sun has ever won a Super Bowl.

St. Louis Rams: If the Rams reach Detroit, coach Mike Martz might burn all of his timeouts just to watch Super Bowl ads on a TV monitor.

San Francisco 49ers: Instead of the Super Bowl, they're committed to winning the D'Brickashaw Ferguson sweepstakes.

Seattle Seahawks: Jittery-handed receivers will inspire the creation of a regional coffee selection known as decatch.

AFC
East Division

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback J.P. Losman attempted five real passes during his rookie season. He will learn that reading defense on film and reading them in a game is not unlike switching from Dr. Seuss to James Joyce.
For the record, don't miss "The Cat in Finnegan's Hat."

Miami Dolphins: Even though Ricky Williams' mind is an alleged drug-free environment, the key to victory is rookie RB Ronnie Brown.
Ronnie, who teamed up with Carnell "Cadillac" Williams at Auburn, is working with "VW Bus" Williams in South Florida.

New England Patriots: This has nothing to do with the absences of Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel and Tedy Bruschi.
The excuse for the Pats' potential slip is karma; it's about time that someone backed this karma over Tom Brady's foot.

New York Jets: Chad Pennington has reminded us it's a privilege to cover the Jets.
Unless Chad picks it up a little, I'm covering them with a sheet.

What?? :cry:

North Division

Baltimore Ravens: Well, Jamal Lewis had his breakout season two years ago, and QB Kyle Boller's passing inaccuracy could even lead to rebellion from a Frisbee-catching dog.

Cincinnati Bengals: The offense should be dandy, but the defense needs at least one more starter named Johnson.

Cleveland Browns: The Brownies are on a downward cycle ... we're pretty sure it was a Honda.

Pittsburgh Steelers: A civilian has had success impersonating Ben Roethlisberger, but Ben won't be able to impersonate the Roethlisberger of 2004.
South Division

Houston Texans: I've only written about 12 lines that qualify as worse than those the Texans trot out on both sides of the ball.

Indianapolis Colts: The offense is remarkable, but the best linebacker in town is Ron Artest.

Jacksonville Jaguars: The defense may be good enough, but key running back Fred Taylor has spent more career time in street clothes than has Divine Brown.

Tennessee Titans: The assimilation of offensive coordinator Norm Chow would go more smoothly if his playbook had a Cliff Notes version.
West Division

Denver Broncos: The defensive line is gunning for help from Triple-A Cleveland, but QB Jake Plummer still has the pocket presence of lint.

Kansas City Chiefs: If free-agent defenders don't live up to billing, the head coach will be referred to as Ick Vermeil.

Oakland Raiders: Defense is shifting from 3-4 to 4-3. With Randy Moss on offense, team will shift from 7-9 to 9-7.

San Diego Chargers: They'll be good, but coach Marty Schottenheimer has been even more overmatched in January than your Visa statement.
Veteran columnist Randy Hill is a frequent FOXSports.com contributor.

2-1B
08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry Jangers but it's true, what he said about Pennington. :D :D

kool-aid killer
08-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Im suprised there has been no mention of "Ron Mexico."

JimJamBonds
08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Im suprised there has been no mention of "Ron Mexico."

Well its the first time mentioned in this thread, its been said in others. :evil:

JetsAndHeels
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Sorry Jangers but it's true, what he said about Pennington. :D :D

Yeah I know. I just wanted to be able to put something in bold letters. :D

CaptainSolo1138
08-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Does anyone else wish a really, really big bus would run over T.O.? :rolleyes:

Slicker
08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Does anyone else wish a really, really big bus would run over T.O.? :rolleyes:*raises hand*

Hopefully it takes out Ricky Williams too.

kool-aid killer
08-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Seems hes wearing out his welcome in Philly real quickly. GO BEARS!!!

figrin bran
08-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Does anyone else wish a really, really big bus would run over T.O.? :rolleyes:

i second that motion! and i would like the bus to have a huge Dallas Cowboys star painted on the front. hey TO payback! do unto others as you would have done unto you. and driving the bus would be Jeff Garcia.

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 06:52 AM
and driving the bus would be Jeff Garcia.
Jeff Garcia plays for the Lions now. He's not gonna hit another wide reciever all season. ZING! :D

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm sure he will play some tonight against the Jets.

Go Jets :thumbsup:

Slicker
08-12-2005, 01:10 PM
The Jets play the Lions tonight? We just may have to make a wager on this one JF96. The Jets are gonna get :wiped:

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 01:15 PM
The Jets play the Lions tonight? We just may have to make a wager on this one JF96. The Jets are gonna get :wiped:

LoL, very well could. You never know in the preseason games because its the scrubs vs the scrubs.The only thing I really hope for in these preseason games is to see the younger guys and what they have to offer. Also hope that neither team has any injuries.

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Don't worry about Slick's comments, JF. He just wanted an excuse to use that new smiley :laugh:

Sadly I'll have to miss the game tonite, since the garbage they put through wires and call "cable" I get here doesn't carry UPN. Or the Food Network. Or F/X.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Don't worry about Slick's comments, JF. He just wanted an excuse to use that new smiley :laugh:

Sadly I'll have to miss the game tonite, since the garbage they put through wires and call "cable" I get here doesn't carry UPN. Or the Food Network. Or F/X.

CaptainSolo, if you are wanting to hear the game, this is the website I use:
http://www.nyradioguide.com/amlist1.htm
On there you go to the 1050 espn section, click on the audio button and it streams live on your computer.
That is what I will do tonight, since I will not get the game on TV.

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
CaptainSolo, if you are wanting to hear the game, this is the website I use:
http://www.nyradioguide.com/amlist1.htm
On there you go to the 1050 espn section, click on the audio button and it streams live on your computer.
That is what I will do tonight, since I will not get the game on TV.
Rock on, JF! I think I'll do that! Much appreciated.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 01:54 PM
No problem, CaptainSolo.
Always glad to help out a fellow fan.
Get on aim while you listen, Ill be on perhaps we can discuss the game. :yes:

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
No problem, CaptainSolo.
Always glad to help out a fellow fan.
Get on aim while you listen, Ill be on perhaps we can discuss the game. :yes:
Sounds like a plan, man.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a plan, man.

Great, I''ll be on around 7 or so.
This invitation goes out to Slicker too, since he is rooting for the Lions.

Slicker
08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Most definitely JF. I'll try and be on. Hopefully the game'll be on here but I'm not to optimistic. I may have to use the link you gave.

JetsAndHeels
08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Most definitely JF. I'll try and be on. Hopefully the game'll be on here but I'm not to optimistic. I may have to use the link you gave.

Cool man. Should be alot of fun!!

2-1B
08-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Tough break for Rex Grossman. I hate to see that happen to a player.

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 12:18 AM
*sniff sniff* WHY!!!

Hes going to be out for three to four months. I dont think Da Bears have a solid backup either. Muhammeds not going to be much of an addition if theres no one to throw him the ball. Fubar! :cry:

2-1B
08-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Setting aside how bad I feel for Rex, because obviously it sucks for him that he has to miss another season . . . but really come on Bears fans, they weren't going to do much this year anyway. Again, not making light of his injury so I don't mean that in a jokey way.

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 10:46 AM
No offense, i realize hes not much of a quarterback anyway. But hes probably light years ahead of whoever is second in the depth chart, and that alone makes me worried that these coming Sundays are going to be sad affairs. I really didnt have big expectations for this season given how they really didnt make any impressive moves during the offseason, but im still hoping for a .500 season.

Slicker
08-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Cool man. Should be alot of fun!!Sorry I couldn't join you for the game but something came up and I went out for adult fun. I saw that your Jets got lucky and beat the Lions 10-3. We got :whip:

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry I couldn't join you for the game but something came up and I went out for adult fun.What'd I tell you, JF? :D

I saw that your Jets got lucky and beat the Lions 10-3. We got :whip:
I wouldn't say "whipped", I'd say more like "bored into submission".

QLD
08-13-2005, 12:19 PM
A lot of people think Orton will end up being a better QB than Grossman anyway. But I do feel bad for the guy.

JetsAndHeels
08-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Grossman's backup is Chad Hutchinson. The way I see it, he will get the start and then if things go south for him Kyle Orton will be brought in.
Sorry about Rex to all the Bears fans. I really do hate to see such an injury.

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Remember the glory days with Kade McNown? :D

DarthQuack
08-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Remember the glory days with Kade McNown? :D

I preferred the days with Jim McMahon:bandit:

2-1B
08-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Maybe the Bears could bring back Flutie Flakes for one more go 'round ?

figrin bran
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Flutie Flakes was signed by the Pats, however.

2-1B
08-13-2005, 10:31 PM
I know, I just mean like back in the day . . . I remember collecting the 1987 Topps card set as a kid and being amazed that they made a card for the backup QB.

JetsAndHeels
08-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey guys.

Yesterday a couple of friends and myself went over to Chapel Hill for the annual Meet the Heels day, where fans can get autographs and pictures with the Carolina football team. I took some pics, figured I would share.
It was 95 degrees out, and needless to say I've had a pretty bad sunburn from it, but it was all well worth it.
Here is the link to the pics in my yahoo photo album.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_mccracken/album?.dir=/2357&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm very excited!! Just found out tonight's preseason matchup between the Jets and Vikings is nationally televised. Last week had to sit in front of the computer and listen via the NY station but tonight I get to see it live!!
I know this may not be a big deal to most, but to me it is because its always good to see your team play!!

kool-aid killer
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
I agree that its always a pleasure (at least for me) to see the teams i support on television. Being a Bears fan, i have nothing but disdain for the ViQueens so i hope your Jets beat the snot out of them.

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I agree that its always a pleasure (at least for me) to see the teams i support on television. Being a Bears fan, i have nothing but disdain for the ViQueens so i hope your Jets beat the snot out of them.

Thanks for the support, KAK. Of course it is just a preseason game but I enjoy watching them because you get to see the young talent and also what other guys fighting for roster spots have to offer.
I just always hope to see some good solid football and no injuries, on either team.

2-1B
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Bears claim to have made their "final offer" to Cedric Benson . . . I hope he remains stupid and doesn't accept, I'd love for him to miss an entire season because of this nonsense. :yes:

Rogue II
08-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Is the nonsense you are refering to Benson's hold out or the fact that the Bears signed Jeff Blake? There is a guy on the sports radio station here that plays a polka type song called "The Bears Still Suck."

Seriously, thought. I'm getting tired of all these players, especially rookies, holding out for big money.

And how about Randy Moss? Aparently he was tired of TO getting all the bad press and decided to step up.

2-1B
08-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Yes to both :D points about Jeff Blake and Cedric Benson.

"The Bears Still Suck" is played often here in Wisconsin, I've been hearing it for years and years. It's been very accurate for how many years now :D, even that fluke season a few years back when they went 13-3, well they still sucked because they had a bye and blew a home game to Philly. :crazed:

I believe the lyrics go,

"The Bears still suck
The Bears still suck
The Bears still suck
The Bears still suck
They really really really really really really suck !
Yes the Bears . . . still . . . suck !"

kool-aid killer
08-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Ive got a middle finger for both of you. :D One day, well put it all together... :yes:

2-1B
08-20-2005, 03:10 AM
One day in January 1986 already came and went. lol lol lol

Slicker
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
HAW!! That's harsh Cae. But I like it.:whip:

DarthQuack
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
So we're starting the team hating session of the forums, good. I'm a Giants fan. So how bad the Eagles? Almost as bad as the Bills, I mean the Eagles with the 3 or 4 straight NFC Championship games and losing all but one of them. lol

2-1B
08-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Don't forget about the Giants losing a Super Bowl to the Ravens and that gift they got from Scott Norwood.

See, I don't get that . . . The Eagles have dominated that division for several years now but a Giants fan will still crack on them for choking the big games when NY Wasn't even close those years. I love it. :crazed:

DarthQuack
08-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Yea we got out butts kicked by the team with the best defense ever, I know that firsthand, but to if I knew the Giants would lose a lot of NFC Championship games, I'd rather watch them go 6-10:grin:

JetsAndHeels
08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Some sad news here guys. This is horrible.

49ers G Herrion dies after preseason game

August 21, 2005
DENVER (TICKER) -- San Francisco 49ers offensive guard Thomas Herrion died early Sunday after a preseason game against the Denver Broncos.

The 23-year old Herrion collapsed in the locker room following a 26-21 loss to Denver. He was given CPR and was taken to a St. Anthony's Central Hospital in Denver, where he died three hours later.

The cause of death was not immediately known.

Team officials expressed their regret in a statement released on the 49ers' website.

"This is a colossal tragedy for the 49ers and the entire NFL community. We still do not know all of the details. However, our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Herrion family."

Herrion was on the field for the 49ers' 14-play, 91-yard drive that ended with Cody Pickett's 23-yard touchdown with two seconds to play.

A 6-3, 310-pound lineman, Herrion played college football at Utah and spent parts of last season on practice squads with San Francisco and the Dallas Cowboys. He also played in NFL Europe this year with the Hamburg Sea Devils.

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 09:56 AM
THat sucks. Prayers to his family and friends.

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2005, 07:25 AM
WTF? It seems like someone dying during training camp is getting to be as routine as holdouts.

Slicker
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
I heard about that yesterday. I really want to see what the cause of death is in this one. It's unfortunate when a player dies especially a rookie that never got to play an official NFL game.

JimJamBonds
08-22-2005, 02:45 PM
There still doesn't seem to be a cause of death yet... http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4796122?GT1=6773

Its a very sad story, all things considered I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often in the NFL.

The 'Xir
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, since I haven't been around here(onsite) in awhile, I thought I'd pop in and give a shout out..:

"HEY we gotta feelin', PITTSBURGH'S going to the SUPER BOWL!!!"
"Hey we gotta feelin', PITTSBURGH's going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!"

:D

Are you guys gonna be doing an SSG Fatasy Football league, like we did for baseball? Don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I'd like to if I can, so just keep me informed!

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
"HEY we gotta feelin', PITTSBURGH'S going to the SUPER BOWL!!!"
"Hey we gotta feelin', PITTSBURGH's going to the SUPER BOWL!!!!"

Pittsburgh may go to to the Super Bowl but as long as Bill Cowler is the head coach I don't think they'll be winning it.

The 'Xir
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Are you crazy?! I don't have exact stats infront of me, but Cowher has been one of the winningest coaches in the NFL for the past 10years! The only time he did take them to a super bowl, and I'm not going to get into it, but let's just say I think things were afoot that were a little out of his control!

2-1B
08-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Pittsburgh will choke yet again, no doubts there.

Yes we are playing fantasy but that was set up more than a month ago and the draft is about to begin, I think we're full up.

2-1B
08-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Are you crazy?! I don't have exact stats infront of me, but Cowher has been one of the winningest coaches in the NFL for the past 10years! The only time he did take them to a super bowl, and I'm not going to get into it, but let's just say I think things were afoot that were a little out of his control!

Exactly, he took them there ONCE when they had many, many oppurtunities to go to more. Dallas flat out killed them in that Super Bowl, so I don't know what you are allegedly but if its collusion by the officials, I'm not buying it.
Or are you saying Neil O'Donnell threw the game ? lol

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
You are correct that Cowler has won a ton of games over the last 10 years... heck coaching the same team for that long these days in any pro league is truly amazing. HOWEVA! (spoken in Stephen A Smith voice :p ) what is Cowler's record in AFC championship games? Things don't work out so well when for him when the second season starts. ;)

Captain Spoon
09-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Well it's that time of year again, lovely beautifull football season !!!!! Just wondering what everyone thinks of the upcoming season here's mine:

AFC

EAST:New England Patriots
West: San Diego Chargers
South: Indianapolis Colts
North: Baltimore Ravens
Wild Card: Kansas City Chiefs, Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC

East: Philly Eagles
West: Arizona Cardinals
South: Carolina Panthers
North: MInnesota Vikings
Wild Card: Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys

Super Bowl: Patriots vs. Vikings
Champs: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

2-1B
09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Interesting choice of Carolina there to win the division . . . had they not gotten off to a slow start last year they very well might have taken the division. Atlanta always plays them tough, nice little rivalry they have going there. I enjoy it. :)

kool-aid killer
09-02-2005, 12:27 AM
You forgot Da Bears playoff run....*tries to stay optimistic*

2-1B
09-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Kyle Orton is starting, so book your Super Bowl tickets now ! ! ! lol

JetsAndHeels
09-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, only a few more days until opening night!! Personally I hope the Raiders beat NE but it will be tough playing in their house.
Here is a story I read on yahoo earlier today. Saints WR Joe Horn (yes, the cell phone guy) went to visit hurricane evacuees in Houston. I just thought it was great and wanted to pass it along to anyone who had not read it yet.

Saints player Joe Horn visits refugees at Astrodome
By KRISTIE RIEKEN, Associated Press Writer
September 3, 2005

HOUSTON (AP) -- Three-year-old Aaron Carter timidly hoisted a small football skyward to Saints receiver Joe Horn, who reached down and gave the boy a hug before signing.

The boy's grandmother, Jeanne Carter, says seeing Aaron happy made her smile for the first time all week. For thousands of Hurricane Katrina refugees inside the Astrodome on Saturday, meeting Horn was a much-needed morale boost.

``Anybody can throw money around at these people, but they need love,'' said Horn, who spent three hours signing autographs, holding babies and playing games with children. ``They need to be able to feel me. So when I leave, I hope they feel a little better.''

ADVERTISEMENT
Horn made good on a promise after the Saints' last preseason game Thursday by driving to Houston to spend time with refugees.

Longtime Saints fan DeShawn Brown could barely contain himself when he saw Horn.

``This is big,'' Brown bellowed. ``Our mail didn't come out here, and Joe Horn came out here. He's the truth.''

Horn worked his way through lines of cots and people lining the Astrodome floor as women shrieked in delight and everyone from small children to the elderly lined up to greet him.

``We're going to bounce back,'' he yelled to the crowd. ``Things will get better.''

People milling on the Astrodome floor and those sitting in the stands alike hollered their thanks to Horn and kids dashed toward him clasping any paper they could find for autographs. Others had him sign miniature Bibles distributed to survivors.

``Joe Horn came to see us when no one else would,'' said one person. ``It's good to see somebody from home,'' yelled another from high above.

Bridget Bailey, who came to the Astrodome with 18 relatives after being rescued by helicopter, showed Horn digital pictures of her flooded home.

``Horn came to show us love, baby,'' she said. ``It means so much to see him here and know that he cares.''

A middle-aged man pushed through the crowd and approached Horn with a picture of his missing wife. He asked Horn to hold the photograph while he snapped a picture of the player and said he was confident he would find her.

One young man came up crying and relayed a story about watching several members of his family die. Horn said he almost broke down but composed himself when he looked around and saw the smiling faces of several children gathered around him.

Horn held babies, kissing them on their cheeks and making them giggle. He sat down on cots and talked to the elderly. He tossed a football to a young boy and played a board game with another.

``Right now money doesn't matter,'' said Horn, who has sent more than $15,000 to friends and associates affected by the flood. ``Who you are or where you're from doesn't matter. Getting to come out here and give a child a hug or give someone a hug who knows that their house and everything that they have is gone is what's important.''

He spoke through an interpreter with Darron Gavrel, 14, who is deaf. He told him to stay positive and shared with the teenager that he has an aunt and uncle who are deaf. Gavrel's eyes grew wide and he smiled, revealing a toothy grin.

It was a softer side to the man who made headlines two years ago when he was fined $30,000 for pulling a cell phone out the goal post padding after a touchdown and making a call in the end zone.

Many people asked him about the future of the Saints and how the season would go. The team has moved its headquarters to San Antonio.

``I don't care about all that,'' he said. ``We're going to be where they want us to be anyway.''

On the drive to the Astrodome, Horn was quiet and upset.

When asked if football mattered right now he answered, ``Hell, no.''

He was different after his visit, smiling and laughing, and had even changed his tune on football.

``I thought football would be irrelevant, but it's not,'' he said. ``They want us to roll. They want us to play, so now I'm more spirited to do that.''

He felt like he got as much of a boost from the visit as he gave to the people.

``At first my spirits was down,'' he said. ``I didn't want to catch any footballs. I didn't want to run any routes. Now, I'm going back full steam ahead telling the fellows, 'Let's go. That's what everybody wants.'''

While he was in California watching the footage of New Orleans, he said he felt helpless and sickened and could barely eat. He knew then that he had to reach out to the people of the city.

``I feel much better now because I see where their heart is,'' he said. ``They're about helping themselves and helping each other. They just appreciate that I came through just to say, 'You're going to be all right.'''

He said preparing for the Saints' opener Sept. 11 at Carolina will be tough, but he'll do it for all the fans he met Saturday.

``I'm going to get a grasp of myself because the fans here, they still want us to win,'' he said. ``That's what they have to hold on to. That's why I came. I wanted to come and feel their heart. Now I can feel more comfortable about taking a flight to Carolina and trying to win a football game for these fans.

2-1B
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I've always liked Joe Horn, even if that cell phone antic was way over the top. It wasn't like he rubbed it in some guy's face or anything . . .

kool-aid killer
09-04-2005, 08:30 PM
The Saints are going to be my second favorite team this year. Can you imagine how much it would mean to the people of that city if they did well this year? Granted it wont take much of the sense of loss they have away, but it would bring some happiness to them.

2-1B
09-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Paul Tagliabue sucks. Big time.

Moving the Saints home game TO Giants Stadium is the absolute worst place to play . . . is this guy a total idiot or what ? Jim Haslett complained about being placed behind the 8 Ball, very correct he is, and here Tags just goes off and gives the Giants an extra home game. Not really fair when it comes to the other teams in that division, the Cowboys, Eagles, and Foreskins. Well, the Eagles will win the division anyway, I'm sure, but what if the G-Men are challenging for a wildcard spot and they get that home win over the Saints ? Then what ?

I know this is all minor compared to the hurricane, I guess, but if they are going to bother to play the games they should do it the right way. Tagliabue sucks. :mad:

Slicker
09-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't understand why they moved there "home" games so far away. There are plenty of stadiums in the south that weren't affected by the storm. They could play in Houston, Miami, or any number of large college stadiums. I may have missed something but it doesn't seem logical to move them clear across the U.S.A to play "home" games.

JimJamBonds
09-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I personally can't stand "Tags" I think he is a joke of a commish. He is often called on a sports talk show I listen to Paul "What do I do?" Tagliabue. The guy made such a HUGE issue at showing how great the NFL is after Pat Tillman died by having all the players wear a 42 sticker but after the fact if a player did that they'd get fined $30,000. Now the league gives a million dollars for the hurricane. Yeah I know I shouldn't say to much because they are giving a million but considering the NFL makes BILLIONS each year they could kick in more then a mill. As much as I can't stand 'Tags' he is still better then Gary Betman of the NHL. :p

Rogue II
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't understand why they moved there "home" games so far away.

But, they are giving Saints and Giants season ticket holders first chance to get tickets for that game.:rolleyes: They are saying that the Superdome will probably have to be demolished. The Saints were being subsidized by the city of New Orleans. Some are predicting that the owner (who is from San Antonio) will probably end up moving the team to San Antonio. I also heard that the Jags is having trouble turning a profit Jacksonville and have quietly been added to the list of teams that could potentially move to L.A.

Tagliabue certainly is a piece of work. The guys hires people to go to casinos in Vegas to make sure they aren't playing having "Super Bowl" parties. But the NFL turns around and has off-shore casinos as sponsors. At least he has an idea of what is going on in his sport, unlike Bud Selig. To Bettman's credit, he did get a salary cap that the league needed. Does that mean that the NBA commish is the best of the 4 major sports?

JimJamBonds
09-07-2005, 12:48 PM
But, they are giving Saints and Giants season ticket holders first chance to get tickets for that game.:rolleyes:

That part I hadn't heard... well I'm "SURE" :crazed: that there will be all kinds of Saint's fans just sitting around with nothing better to do with their time AND money and will hop on a plane and fly up to New Jersey for the game. I had heard that there will be a game at LSU on the night of the 17th so the turnaround time may be rather quick for the 18th. But if that is the problem then play the game in San Antionio where the team is now based out of, heck play all the home games there. I think the game (and all the Saint's home games) should be as close to New Orleans as possible. That way you can give those people something else to think about and its staying close to the teams actual home.

2-1B
09-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't care if the Saints or Jaguars move, but they should NOT expand beyond 32 teams. At all.

Screw L.A., I hate how the league is so persistent about putting a team back there.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2005, 01:18 PM
The whole idea behind the push for an LA team is just the fact that there is so much $$ potential in that market. You know the league will not pass up a chance to bring in more cash. That's all it is.

As far as the Saints playing in Giants stadium, that's cool and all, but now you have 3 teams sharing that facility....I agree with what has been said here, the team needs to be placed somewhere in the vicinity of NO, like Baton Rouge at LSU. The NFL network reported that Tags was sceptical about letting them play in the Alamodome in San Antonio, out of fear that ticket sales and attendence would be very low.

JimJamBonds
09-07-2005, 01:24 PM
The whole idea behind the push for an LA team is just the fact that there is so much $$ potential in that market. You know the league will not pass up a chance to bring in more cash. That's all it is.

EXACTLY!!! I say screw 'em, they had TWO TEAMS and lost them both! There are always rumors about the Chargers moving to LA but the heck with that. Yeah its the second biggest market but if you can't keep 2 teams then why give them another? :yes:

Rogue II
09-07-2005, 01:25 PM
I just saw an article where the Saints owner had a press release yesterday, saying that he thinks that they should play their home games at LSU. The Saints also announced that they would give refunds to season ticket holders who can not go to any of the home games.

There was one wacko on the radio a while back saying instead of moving an exitsting team, the NFL should have 2 expansion teams in L.A. Yeah, like that would work out well. I don't think most people in L.A. really care if they get a team or not.

JetsAndHeels
09-07-2005, 01:28 PM
LA has a team, the Raiders!! Can these people not drive to Oakland and see the games?? I mean come on, I am a Jets fan and I drove from NC upto Philadelphia and NY to see my team play!!

And about LSU for the Saints, I think that is the best possible solution. It is only 90 miles away and in reality these people (who are able) need to see their team. Football and sports are great distractions and now more than ever I think the city of NO is behind the Saints. If you read the article I posted about Joe Horn visiting the people in Houston you will recall where it mentions that they were encouraging him to go out and play well and make them proud. Up until that point Joe Horn said football didn't matter, but now he would play with 100% more motivation and drive.

JetsAndHeels
09-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Allright folks, kickoff is about 5 and a half hours away!! Bring on the season!!

Rogue II
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I now understand why the Saints are not playing in LSU this weekend. Even LSU moved their game to Arizona. The LSU campus is a staging area for the recovery. All the hotel rooms in town are booked with rescue workers and other people displaced by the storm. Even some of the practice facilities are being used as part of the recovery operations.

Anyway, any predictions on tonights game? I say the Pats will win. I'm not a fan of either team, and I would rather see the Raiders win because I'm a Bills fan.

2-1B
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Fun first half, those teams lit it up pretty well !

I have Tom Brady starting for one fantasy team with Kerry Collins on my bench . . . so far it's been the right decision but we'll see. :)

Second half coming up . . .

JetsAndHeels
09-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Well week 2 is upon us.

Here are the games I think will be the best this weekend:

Denver vs San Diego Both these teams out of the AFC west need a win....plus whoever gets out of this one with the W will have an edge in the division

Washington vs Dallas Well its just because its a timeless rivalry game on Monday Night Football. Plus I like what I saw from the Cowboys last week.

New England vs Carolina Super Bowl rematch from 2 years ago. A couple of dominating defenses vs each other....Should be fun to watch, especially knowing that the Panthers are hungry for a win (not only against the Pats but to rebound from last week's heartbreaker).

St Louis vs Arizona Only one reason here why I think its notable...Kurt Warner suits up against his former team for the very first time. Wonder if he will be able to show them some signs of why he is a former league MVP. Plus I still think Arizona is a better team than they have been over the past few years. Dennis Green is a good coach and they are rebuilding the club into something positive.

Kansas City vs Oakland Same reason why the Dallas and Washington game is going to be good-its a rivalry. Plus seeing Randy Moss in action again never hurts.

Philadephia vs San Francisco Can the eagles get their first win vs the surprising 49ers? How will McNabb's injury affect the offense? What about TO?

On a personal note, the Jets/Dolphins game is on my own list not just because its a rivalry game but the Jets need a win badly already in week 2. Last week they were the only AFC East team not to get a win. Plus if you look at history hardly any 0-2 teams at the beginning of the season have made playoff appearances.

Enjoy the games!!

kool-aid killer
09-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Da Bears have made me aware of that. They lost last week (at least they are consistant, right?) by only a couple of points, but its still a loss.

On the college front, the Huskers are off to a 2-0 start with unimpressive (at least offensively) wins over Maine and Wake Forest. They play Pitt today and they had better win. Any coach that loses to Dave Wannestadt has got to suck more than that guy, and trust me, he sucks. Just look at his tenure with Da Bears and Dolphins. Nothing came out of those. So if Callahan loses this one my already shakey confidence will plummet.

CaptainSolo1138
09-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Did ya hear the one about Joey Harrington?

He sucks.

I'm surprised it took Detroit two whole weeks to get into midseason form. Why they keep putting that jagoff Harrington in is beyond me (and every other Lions fan in the world).

JetsAndHeels
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
A few of my thoughts from week 2:

First of all I am very happy my Jets won. Looked a hell of alot better yesterday than they did a week ago in KC. Good to see them bounce back.

I am impressed with the rookie running back Cadillac Williams. This guy keeps putting up numbers like he has the past 2 games hes going to be offensive rookie of the year.

What is wrong with Daunte Culpepper? This guy is a solid qb who puts up great numbers, but not this year so far. 3 ints last week and 5 yesterday....think he misses Moss any?

The Patriots/Panthers game yesterday was a treat to watch. Not only by seeing the Pats get beat, but by watching the Panthers adjust to Brady and company and make coach Belicheck look confused...which is very rare.

I think this could be a breakout year for Carson Palmer. He looked very solid yesterday and showed me why he was a #1 pick for the Bengals a couple years ago.

Willie Parker, a former Tarheel who I am very familiar with, is turning out to be a nice weapon for the Steelers. And a strong running game helps Ben Roethlisberger as we all know. Give him someone to run the ball and he is more comfortable when passing.

Monday Night Football tonight....we have 2 games on the slate.
I will take the Giants over the Saints and the Cowboys over the Redskins.

JimJamBonds
09-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Did ya hear the one about Joey Harrington?

He sucks.

I'm surprised it took Detroit two whole weeks to get into midseason form. Why they keep putting that jagoff Harrington in is beyond me (and every other Lions fan in the world).

They managed to beat the Porkers who are turning into the Packers of my youth... ie THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

JetsAndHeels
09-19-2005, 10:29 AM
So Garcia is hurt, and if Harrington comes out you've got the rookie Dan Orlovsky.
Why not give him a shot?
Kyle Orton in Chicago looked pretty good yesterday.
Could be worth the risk

2-1B
09-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Who let Kyle Orton out of his baby crib and into that oversized facemask ? lol

kool-aid killer
09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Whos keeping Favre out of the retirement home?lol Im just happy we got the "W," last i checked the Green Cheese Packers had yet to get one this season. I know its early, but this could be the season we break even, maybe even better considering how some teams have fell off a bit.

2-1B
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Great, but I don't know what the Packers have to do with Orton. :confused:

JetsAndHeels
09-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Curtis Martin has a strained knee. MRI scheduled for tomorrow.
I hate to see any player on a team (especially mine) get injured, but this may be an opportunity for the Jets to do some adjusting on offense. Curtis is a class act and he has more than gone beyond the call of duty for the team, but he is 32 years old and has alot of miles on him. Week 1 he was non existent in the Kansas City debacle and yesterday he showed only a few signs of life....
We have Derrick Blaylock from free agency and Cedric Houston who was drafted this year. I'd like to see things get mixed up and attempt to get a solid running game established.

2-1B
09-20-2005, 12:10 AM
The Cowgirls really ticked me off with that collapse tonight, they really screwed up my picks-pool because I had more points on Dallas than anybody else in my pool. :mad:

kool-aid killer
09-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Great, but I don't know what the Packers have to do with Orton. :confused:

Sorry, i thought you were ragging on our QB. Ortons the next Montana!!!:yes: :crazed: :rolleyes:

2-1B
09-20-2005, 12:57 AM
No, I wasn't trying to rag on him, just poking fun at how YOUNG he looks (Joe Buck also commented on it lol ) and especially how "funny" he looked because he has that larger Jim McMahon-inspired facemask. lol

Orton might be the guy for the Bears for the next bunch of years, it's quite possible. :)
We'll see how the season shakes out though, because I'm sure Rex will want a shot at his old job next season.

JimJamBonds
09-20-2005, 12:59 AM
No, I wasn't trying to rag on him, just poking fun at how YOUNG he looks (Joe Buck also commented on it lol ) and especially how "funny" he looked because he has that larger Jim McMahon-inspired facemask. lol

Orton might be the guy for the Bears for the next bunch of years, it's quite possible. :)
We'll see how the season shakes out though, because I'm sure Rex will want a shot at his old job next season.

..... before he gets hurt again. :D

2-1B
09-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Sexy Rexy is about as soft as another Bear, Brian UrSlacker. lol

And as soft as Kyle Boller. lol