PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Wizard World Chicago this year ?

2-1B
07-29-2005, 02:03 AM
I'll be going for the 4th straight year, this time for the whole weekend. The guest list pretty much sucks, NO Star Wars guests at all (unless you count Sansweet's panel) and the mass media guest list is the absolute worst of every time I've gone. There will still be some cool panels and free signings of course, like Jay and Silent Bob and other craziness.

I'm ticked off that Hasbro isn't coming for the second straight year :mad: . . . oh well.

Captain Spoon
07-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I wish I lived in that are, there is a really cool Kevin Smith figure exclusive this year that I want hehe. I will go to wizard world Boston but have no idea what exclusives and guests tere will be.

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll be going for the 4th straight year, this time for the whole weekend. The guest list pretty much sucks, NO Star Wars guests at all (unless you count Sansweet's panel) and the mass media guest list is the absolute worst of every time I've gone.

Then why are you going the entire weekend then Caes'? :D

2-1B
07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Good question Jim Jam, first it's because I WISH I had gone for more than one day the past 3 years so we booked lodging way back in January before the guests were ever announced. Second, the cost of a ticket for 2 days (which would probably be enough) is the same as a 3day pass so that's a wash (except of course for the second night at the hotel) but Sunday is still worth going to since that's when Smith and Mewes are doing a signing. So each day has a unique function going on that I would like attend making it worthwhile, but in all actuality if I could only go for 2 days I think it would be enough.

Spoon, I know the exclusive figure you speak of and thought about getting it myself. I wonder how much View Askew will be scalping it for ? lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
07-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I just checked out the WW website... WOW! Virgil is going to be there along with ManCow! lol Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes should be cool and that Evangeline Lilly is easy on the ol' eye's too! ;)

2-1B
07-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Already got my 2 sexy Evangeline 8x10s packed up and ready to get signed, I couldn't get in to the Kevers signing last year but he made a surprise visit to the View Askew booth toward the end of the day and I got him to sign for me there . . . no Mewes though, he was probably back in their room shooting heroin so I have to track them down again this year.

And I have the limited edition Maxim Sin City cover to get signed by Frank Miller.

Virgil is classic, it's funny to watch him pitch his products like a carnie, too funny.

That guest list is flat out embarrassing. The first year I went, they had Vader, Chewie, Boba Fett, and a Jawa. The next year they had 12 or 13 Star Wars guests, it phenomenal. Last year was a down year with only Taun We and Shaak Ti, because Motti and one of the rebel pilots (Gold Leader?) cancelled at the last minute. This year they have zero SW guests so that sucks . . . oh well, that leaves me with more money for the dealers' booths. lol

2-1B
07-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Also, I will be getting arrested for making threats against ManCow, I hate that ****. lol lol lol lol lol

bobafrett
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Even though this one is practically in my backyard, I didn't request the weekend off, but I still might make it there on Friday.

jaxx
07-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Also, I will be getting arrested for making threats against ManCow, I hate that ****. lol lol lol lol lol

I have to agree with you. ManCow is the lamest schmuck I've ever heard. The way he talks to guests & cohosts is rediculous. And he can never stay away from trying to tell everyone why his views (political, religious, etc) are so much better than anyone elses. He a crack case! His show in the mornings is nothing more than confusing noise. I've never wanted to hit someone, that I have never met, so much! But I guess that's his intention... to get under our skin.

Anywho...
I was planning on going, but I was REALLY hoping that something Star Wars would be there. Some exclusive, some actor, some art work, anything. If I go, I'll only go for one day. I'll have to check the website to determine which day sounds the most fun.
That's at the Stevens Convention Center, right???

2-1B
07-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Yup, at the Stephens. :) We're staying at the Embassy Suites which is perfect because both venues are connected via skywalk.

I thought about doing the Sansweet deal but after reading the ComiCon report of his panel, I think I can do without it . . . we're still going to try to make it in but it will be our number 2 priority after Frank Miller - if we can't get passes for both, no big deal. :)

You know what it is with Mancow, I bet that guy will be making fun of stuff from the show next week on his radio deal, but if I went up to him and starting heckling HIM, he'll start whining like the ***** that he is. lol lol lol

Oh well . . .

Hellboy
07-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Man I wish I was going. I know it sounds crazy but I'd love to place a pre-order for GG's life-size Yoda. Hopefully it will be available for order elsewhere but as of now it looks like this is the only place to guarantee getting one. :dis:

ManCow is a no talent hack. Total jacka$$. :p

bobafrett
08-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Well, after getting Friday and Sunday off from Wal-Mart, I decided not to go. I just can't see forking over $25 to walk around and maybe find some collectible that I can't even afford in the first place.

Val Da Car
08-08-2005, 01:12 AM
I wish I could have made it to the CCC but I refi'd my house and that slowed down my spending for about 2 weeks...I hope I don't see any figures at the store this week or next.

Plus I am starting to collect MR Scaled sabers and I don't think they were going to be there, I could not find them on the list.

I went the past two and my wifey loves the Batman stuff and getting the FOUR Horsemen's autographs on the boxes...she is a HUGE Harley Quinn fan!

2-1B
08-08-2005, 04:02 AM
Hellboy, that life size Yoda was AMAZING, they had it out on display and it was incredibly life like, especially for a CG character. lol

Evangeline was a no-show, cancelled sometime last week but it was still awesome and I got to do all I wanted to do, plus some more . . . Miller, Lee, Sansweet, Smith, Mewes, got to do all of them as well as some other stuff I wasn't even planning on.

Sansweet was making the rounds at the exhibitors like Gentle Giant so I ended up talking to him a few times, even talked shop a bit about the newest movie and how people are ticked about Leia remembering Padme. lol I went to see his presentation on Friday and then again Saturday just for the heck of it. That deleted scene was alright, not the greatest but kinda cool.

JimJamBonds
08-08-2005, 10:39 AM
That deleted scene was alright, not the greatest but kinda cool.

Was that the scene in Padme's apartment that deals with the creation of the Rebellion???

2-1B
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes it was, Mon Mothma got some serious screentime and she was pretty cool, not to mention Fang Zar stroking that big bushy beard of his. lol

JimJamBonds
08-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes it was, Mon Mothma got some serious screentime and she was pretty cool, not to mention Fang Zar stroking that big bushy beard of his. lol

Kinda like Sam Jackson stroking his chin while in deep thought? :confused: lol

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Sansweet was kinda a jackass when I talked to him at CC (2004). :rolleyes:

2-1B
08-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Really ? Do tell ! You can't make a comment like that and then leave, I need details ! Dirty dirty details ! :D :D :D

mastermatt24
08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
But I CANT talk about it... he'll have bounty hunters take me out the second I spill. :crazed: Lets just say that maybe he wasnt in the greatest mood- and I didnt help when I said "thats bullsh** and you know it" after he gave me a really lame answer about something (dont ask). Maybe I should have just asked for his autograph.. :speech:

2-1B
08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Now we're talking ! :D

And yes I will ask, what exactly was BS ? Come on, I gotta know . . . PLEASE ? :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

mastermatt24
08-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Nope. :D Lips are sealed. :speech:

Hellboy
08-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Hellboy, that life size Yoda was AMAZING, they had it out on display and it was incredibly life like, especially for a CG character. lol

Thats cool, from what I've seen this is the definitive lifesize Yoda.

I've also heard this piece could be out as early as December and that it might only be offered through the pre-order process at the conventions. :( Unfortunately none of these conventions are anywhere near me so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that GG gets a good response from this and decides to offer it online at some point.

Val Da Car
08-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Did anyone see the MR Exclusive Yoda mini replica saber at WW Chi?

2-1B
08-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Nope. :D Lips are sealed. :speech:

Well, then next time maybe you should keep them sealed from the word go and not even bring it up in the first place. :rolleyes: :stupid:

Hellboy, how much are they going to sell that Yoda for ? :) As much as I liked him, I think I would have liked a ROTS version better (that one looks like it's from AOTC). :)

Hellboy
08-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Hellboy, how much are they going to sell that Yoda for ? :) As much as I liked him, I think I would have liked a ROTS version better (that one looks like it's from AOTC). :)

$800 and around $100 for S&H. Definitely a chunk of change but IMO (based off the few pictures I've seen) this is one of those rare items that is a great investment piece. Granted I would probably never part with it if I was to obtain one but the option would always be there if need be and I don't think you'd lose money on this.

As far as this statue being from AOTC, I'm not sure. I was under the impression that it was from ROTS but I could definitely be wrong about that. Could be that GG hasn't specified but considering you've seen it in person I'd be inclined to believe you're probably correct.

Hopefully if and when GG offers this to everyone I can see more pictures and get more specifics regarding the piece. Like what it's made out of and how the lightsaber is powered etc etc. :grin:

2-1B
08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I went into this year's show pretty bummed because of the lack of any Star Wars exhibitors but it was a really fun time. :) Park and Logan were there but I've seen them at shows before...Matthew Wood was there though, so that was interesting. The highlights of the guests were definitely Tom Jane and Kristen Bell.

I did a good job of limiting my spending this year, in fact I kept it to about $180 for the 3 days I was there! :)

LOTS of GREAT costumes there and I didn't even get pics of all of them...my favorite was probably the Gamorrean Guard, for sure. :)

bobafrett
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I wasn't there. :cry: so sad. :cry:

JimJamBonds
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I did a good job of limiting my spending this year, in fact I kept it to about $180 for the 3 days I was there! :)

I hope a few of those dollars went towards a Richard Kiel photo!!!