PDA

View Full Version : Target Clearanaces once again

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Target is doing their summer LEGO clearances, but there wasn't much SW on clearance, the MINIs were but all that was left when I saw 'em were MTTs. The other lines are clearancing out, Bionicle and Alpha Team and Harry Potter and such.

I picked up the Alpha Team 4770 Blizzard Blaster, normally $30, I bought it for $7.50. It's a decent set for that price. ;) Very big, bulky legs that flatten into runners for the ice-vehicle (which could easily double as a boat or spacecraft). The design looks kinda sleek and well-armed. The legs are only articluated at the knees and ankles because of strengthening issues, so as a mech it's limited, but it does look big and can take a slight striding pose, which is something -- I took out the main crossbeam and the hips had lots of poseability since they are universal joints, but the whole thing lost some pickupability, and in vehicle mode the legs won't stay straight. The white projectile-launcher on top is somewhat positionable, it looks better without the missile (and these Lego missiles still fire REALLY hard, I'm sure they passed US safety regs but I wouldn't want to catch one in the eye none the less), and the design could be built into something more substantial. It's kinda cool and has some decent potential, but is a little light in the transformation department.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I noticed this last week but it was so craptacular I thought little of it. One local store had three Dago X-Wings for $41+ (all gone now), a ton of MINI MTTs for about $5, and some Alpha Team junk.

Another one had last year's Alpha Team ice fortress thing for $35. I stashed it hoping the price will go down. I kind of want it to use it for a Hoth base for my snowspeeders.

Kidhuman
07-29-2005, 06:33 PM
No biggie. I saw the same about two weeks ago. All the stuff that I already have.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Another one had last year's Alpha Team ice fortress thing for $35. I stashed it hoping the price will go down. I kind of want it to use it for a Hoth base for my snowspeeders.

I actually forgot about this one until JT brought up this thread. I went back and recovered it on Sat. It didn't come up on the scanners, so I took it up to the cashier who asked me what I thought the price was. I said it should be at least 75% off (which is what Target usually would take it down to before taking it out of circulation) making it about $17-18. She said it looked more like a $20 item so I didn't argue, but then she took 75% off that and I got it for $5. That's something like >90% off since I think it went for $70 originally.

Funny side note, I forgot exactly where I stashed it so I had to pull up a couple of other panels before finding it. I found some other guy's Hot Wheels/SW stash. What I can't understand is why they were there since they were all in good supply at regular price.

JediTricks
08-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Niiiice get! I think it's going for $15 or more, the Alpha Team arctic wheeled base thing is on clearance for $12.50, I was tempted for about half a minute on that one, then I really analyzed it for design or decent parts and it looked like it was pretty short on both.

Rocketboy
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
My Target had the MTT for less than $2 ($1.76 if I'm not mistaken).
I still passed on it.

Ric Olie
08-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Several months ago I was able to get a Dagobah X-Wing for $5.00 at my local Walmart. I saw the Target markdowns on the various Lego sets but it's didn't include the SW sets.

mastermatt24
08-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah.. I saw the MTT fir $1.76 and looked at it and passed. Why did they even make that set?? why not the federation tank?? :confused:

DarthQuack
08-12-2005, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing my two Targets start clearancing SW Legos esp since there are still MF's on the shelves for 99 bucks a pop.

Ji'dai
08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't have a Target but I did see that Suncoast has their Star Wars stuff on clearance. I found a Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid on sale today for $14.99 with 50% off that. Not a bad buy at $7.50; too bad that was the only set they had left.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for that info. I'll check it out today.

Slicker
08-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, now I have a reason to go to the mall. I'll have to check Suncoast.

Ji'dai
08-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Did you guys find anything at Suncoast? I noticed that a local Wal-Mart has moved some small ROTS sets into the clearance aisle but they were still full price. One Wal-Mart had a Turbo Tank (the light-up mini-figs had been stolen) but it was still $89!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Did you guys find anything at Suncoast? I noticed that a local Wal-Mart has moved some small ROTS sets into the clearance aisle but they were still full price. One Wal-Mart had a Turbo Tank (the light-up mini-figs had been stolen) but it was still $89!

I stopped off on Friday. Absolutely zero SW stuff, Lego, Hasbro, or otherwise.

bobafrett
08-30-2005, 08:51 PM
The one Wal-Mart (not the one I work at) had the Turbo Tank down to $60, the Arc 170 fighter marked down to $20, and the Wookie cataraman marked down to $25. I picked the latter two up, and built the Arc 170 fighter last night. Pretty cool, but the wings are a little heavy. Doesn't matter, I don't really play with the sets, just build and display.

bobafrett
08-31-2005, 02:19 PM
I went back to the same Wal-Mart today, they had the Catamaran marked down to $15, and the Turbo tank they still had at $60, but there was an employee there with her Telxon, and I asked her if they were going to mark that down too, and she said, "Yes, it should be $30.00" and marked it down to $30, so I bought it.

Slicker
08-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, I'm gonna have to check WM's tomorrow to see if I can find any good LEGO deals. Thanks for the info Frett.

bobafrett
09-01-2005, 10:48 PM
It was just the one store in particular. I noticed they seriously downsized the Lego section in the store. The other two stores in my area still had them at full price, but perhaps when they get the new toy mods, those sets will get clearanced.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-02-2005, 08:09 PM
I went back to the same Wal-Mart today, they had the Catamaran marked down to $15, and the Turbo tank they still had at $60, but there was an employee there with her Telxon, and I asked her if they were going to mark that down too, and she said, "Yes, it should be $30.00" and marked it down to $30, so I bought it.

Man, I need to pay attention better. I read this and thought it was at Target, not WM. I rushed over there and they had nada. I outta check out my WM next time I'm down there.

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Same here, WM has them at full price. One of the dept managers said the stuff there now is that price until Christamas. Then the fun of clearances begin.

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Two WMs in my area are clearancing ROTS sets but they were still full price when I checked today. The local Super WM is carrying the entire line through the holidays; they had just restocked recently.

bobafrett
09-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Man, I need to pay attention better. I read this and thought it was at Target, not WM. I rushed over there and they had nada. I outta check out my WM next time I'm down there.

Sorry about that, I didn't find a thread about Wal-Mart Lego clearances, so I put it in here. While Target tends to clearance the stuff at the same time, I think Wal-Mart clearances depending on how much markdown money they get. Then again, what do I know, I'm a simple bike builder, pizza delivery, and sweat cleaner upper. :pleased:

Mandalorian Candidat
09-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Sorry about that, I didn't find a thread about Wal-Mart Lego clearances, so I put it in here. While Target tends to clearance the stuff at the same time, I think Wal-Mart clearances depending on how much markdown money they get. Then again, what do I know, I'm a simple bike builder, pizza delivery, and sweat cleaner upper. :pleased:

Yeah, I think you're right on that one. Though this year at Target they're late on Lego clearances. The last 3 years like clockwork they've started it around mid-August. I hope they do something soon. I'd love to get one of those Turbo Tanks.

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 04:07 AM
I think with the lower number of Lego sets this year, Targets already had their Lego clearances and they ended fairly quickly.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I think with the lower number of Lego sets this year, Targets already had their Lego clearances and they ended fairly quickly.

The only clearances I saw at Target were at the beginning of the summer with some of the Alpha Team sets and the Dagobah X-Wing. Nothing since.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Has anyone found clearances for Lego sets since 12/25? Target has invariably had a clearance during the holiday week but this year seems to be the exception. I can't remember if it was on this site or another, but I remember reading the comment of a Lego employee that sets have been flying off the shelves. They've been HTF in the last month so I'm wondering if there's even been a need to clearance them in the eyes of the retailers. I'm still looking though...

Rogue II
12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw a Lego TIE Fighter on clearance at a Target. I think it was $13

Ji'dai
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Don't have a Target locally but I have the sinking feeling that it's going to be slim-pickings at the local K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and TRU. Those stores' LEGO aisles are bare here and I doubt there will be much to clearance unless they get a lot of returns, which I doubt. Some people with gift cards are leaving stores empty handed until they restock, as I saw yesterday with a mom and her son at TRU. He was looking for some Star Wars sets to spend his Geoffrey money on.

Great clearance finds last year though with many sets re-released in OTC packaging. Stores were suckered into ordering same set in two different packaging styles, so they had lots of inventory left over. I picked up multiples of the Cantina, Dagobah X-Wing, and Snowspeeder last year.

Kidhuman
12-29-2005, 10:57 PM
I didnt find any clearance Legos this week yet. All are still regular price and Barely any SW vesrions of Lego anywhere.

I did pick up two figures at Target today, #14 palps(handcuffs) and Mon Mothma. They were 2.38 each. Also grabbed a two pack of sabers for 6.98

JediTricks
12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Rogue II, I saw the same thing at Target last night, $13.48.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-30-2005, 11:31 AM
I noticed that some Targets have restocked the Clone Scout Walker, but that's still at $9.99. Also I've seen some restocking at WM for the ARC-170 and GG Chase, but both are full price. I'm not holding my breath for a WM clearance cause they are rare and the prices are horrid.

Kidhuman
12-30-2005, 11:55 AM
WM clearanced out alot of SW stuff, just not the Lego's.

Ji'dai
12-30-2005, 07:38 PM
The local TRU (not Target) had an Alpha Team 4748 Ogel's Mountain Fortress
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4748) for half-price ($34.98). I'm not interested in that theme per se, but I think this set would lend itself well to a Hoth/Echo Base set-up. It's got that large white baseplate with trenches, plenty of gray BURPS, and translucent blue-ice pieces.

mastermatt24
12-31-2005, 02:51 AM
Not clearences but I did see the new B Wing and V Wing at target today. (also saw slave 1 at WM) I bought the V-Wing- its pretty cool, I might just hang it up..

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
The local TRU (not Target) had an Alpha Team 4748 Ogel's Mountain Fortress
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4748) for half-price ($34.98). I'm not interested in that theme per se, but I think this set would lend itself well to a Hoth/Echo Base set-up. It's got that large white baseplate with trenches, plenty of gray BURPS, and translucent blue-ice pieces.

I totally lucked out on getting this set clearanced earlier in 2005. A Target had a couple left on a shelf after their midyear clearance without any info in the computers or tags on the boxes. The cashier ended up giving it to me for about $5 or so.

Even for $30+ it's a great set. Lots of neat little pieces. I wanted it more for the base piece to try to make some kind of MOC Echo Base. I haven't done anything with it yet, though.

Ji'dai
01-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow, five bucks for the 4748. I wish I had a Target locally.

My Super Wal-Mart had a Knight's Kingdom castle on sale for a few bucks off but that's about it. The LEGO selection was wiped out at Christmas time here so I don't expect to find much on clearance.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I totally forgot about this until now cause I kept it in the car, but last Friday night I was at a Target and found an Ultimate space battle set. The one with Ani's and OB1's JSFs, 2 VDs, 2, DTFs, 2 Buzz droids. Someone must have returned it cause it had a reshelving tag on it. I almost missed it cause it blended in with the ARC-170 boxes. The price tag was $25, which I think is half off. Not a bad dead considering everything separately (if you could by OB1's ship by itself) would be about $70.

Ji'dai
01-12-2006, 04:18 PM
My best deals came before Christmas. My mom picked up a Droid Tri-fighter at Wal-Mart for me as it was on my list. When she checked out, it only scanned at $1.00, although the shelf tag sported the normal $14.99 price. She was late for work so she didn't go back for the others. So the really odd thing was she actually told me about it, thus violating her honored code of the total secrecy surrounding gift-giving. So I hit the store a day or so later and found four more for a buck each. I gave two away as gifts and kept three of 'em.

Then at TRU during their BOGO 50% sale I was surprised to get 7046 Fire Command Craft (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7046) for only $4.98 (originally $30) and 4507 Prehistoric Creatures (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4507) for $7.50 (originally $30). Both had shelf tags with the original price but scanned half off and then I got another 50% with the sale.

DarthQuack
01-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Kind of a broken record here, but if anyone finds the Lego Falcon on clearance I beg you to pick it up for me, I'm looking to get it for 50 bucks or less, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Mandalorian Candidat
01-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Then at TRU during their BOGO 50% sale I was surprised to get 7046 Fire Command Craft (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7046) for only $4.98 (originally $30) and 4507 Prehistoric Creatures (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4507) for $7.50 (originally $30). Both had shelf tags with the original price but scanned half off and then I got another 50% with the sale.

SCORE! I'd love to find a deal like that. I wonder when the clone turbo tank will hit clearance.

DarthQuack
01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Yea, I agree with you MC..that would be a nice pickup on clearance.

bearauto
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow, I just found (at the Target on Buena Park, CA) the Ultimate Space Battle exclusive. The price wasn't coming up on the scanner, an even the cashier had trouble finding the price. A manager came and looked it up to discover the price: $3.48.

What a steal!

Ji'dai
02-10-2006, 03:17 PM
That is a good deal! I'd like to have the red Jedi Starfighter but didn't want to pay the original retail price. Plus no Targets nearby anyway...

I haven't seen any good clearance steals this year at all. TRU has actually raised the price on some sets. My store got in more Clone Turbo Tanks but the price has jumped ten bucks, up to $100.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
That's a great price, I'd love to track one down at that pricetag. I think the Manager gave you the wrong price too, I don't think a $40 set would clearance for anything under $7, and that $3.48 isn't the lowest price so I'm guessing he charged you for the regular Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter vs Vulture Droid set's clearance price - awesome!

DarthQuack
02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
So I was walking through a Wal-Mart today and found the clearance aisle and saw a Lego Mustafar Duel set for 10 bucks on clearance, and I was excited!! So I took it off the shelf and on the front some JERK ripped out the 2 minifigs, and I may add the ONLY minifigs that came with this set....I was so upset when I saw that, I didn't go to anyone in the store about it, but any thoughts about what I should do if anything? I probably won't go back though....very frustrating....:mad:

Kidhuman
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I saw one about two weeks ago for 15 bucks and the same thing happened, no Mini-figs. I just left it there. Is it possible they fell into the box?

DarthQuack
02-12-2006, 06:30 PM
No, it was blatantly ripped open....jerkwads....

Ji'dai
02-12-2006, 09:05 PM
I saw one about two weeks ago for 15 bucks and the same thing happened, no Mini-figs. I just left it there. Is it possible they fell into the box? The light-up mini-figs are usually packed inside a clear plastic box, which was probably designed as an anti-theft deterrent. The plastic box is then held in place by the cardboard insert inside the set's box. (I attached a blurry pic of the figures from the set in question). If the mini-figs (or accessories) become loose, they still should be contained within the plastic box.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 03:29 AM
It's super common around here to see the light-up minifigs stolen out of that set, the TIE Fighter w/ Vader set, and the Clone Turbo Tank w/ Mace set... nobody seems to want that Luminara from the Wookiee Catamaran though. :D If the front window has been cut or busted or ripped in any way, they're NEVER gonna be inside - and even if they aren't, odds are good they're stolen anyway.

DarthQuack
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I just ended up picking it up today for 7.50....can't really pass up that price on a 200+ piece set even if some jerkface took the minifigs. I'm just hoping the Clone Turbo Tank goes on clearance at TG soon....

msjedi
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe if you called Lego Customer Service and told them that the mini figures were missing from the set they would send them to you. It might at least be worth a try. Yea, I know, do or do not there is no try. Lego customer service # 1-800-835-4386.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 03:24 PM
I suspect they'll say no dice, but I am *very* curious to see how they respond to that. I've seen WMs and Targets and TRUs asking full price for these sets knowing they're missing minifigs, what does Lego tell those customers?

DarthQuack
03-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Found Clone Turbo Tank on clearance at Walmart today, had to hide it though, cause I had left my freaking wallet at work while I was on dinner break. But I tried scanning it for a price and nothing came up, I'm just gonna tell them it was in the 15 dollar clearance section, which it was.

bobafrett
03-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I got the Clone Turbo tank on clearance for around $15. I'd have to find the reciept to be sure, but I got it at a local Wal-Mart and the box was a bit beat up, but all the pieces were intact.

Ji'dai
08-12-2006, 10:50 PM
My area Wal-Marts have completed their holiday reset and several LEGO sets are being clearanced. Here are some of the sets/prices I've seen:

Star Wars
Slave I $40 (reg. $50)
Clone Scout Walker $7 (reg. $10)

EXO-FORCE
Gate Assault $25 (reg. $30)
Sonic Phantom $15 (reg. $20)
Various "Mini-Mechs" $4 (reg. $5)

Batman
Batwing (red tagged but still full price @ $50)
Batman Dragster $7 (reg. $10)
Batboat $15 (reg. $20)

Ferrari
1:17 Scale 430 Spider $35 (reg. $40)

Dino Attack
Fire Hammer $15 (reg. $20) {K-Mart}

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the 411, the store I was at last night had none of those but I'll keep checking as there are a few sets on the list I want.

Ji'dai
08-15-2006, 04:27 PM
No problem. I picked up an EXO-FORCE Stealth Hunter for $11 (reg. $15) today. Not that big a bargain, but WM only had one so I got it. I like the alternate vehicle that can be built with it - the Stealth Wasp. The other mechs in this price range were on clearance too for $11.

Also saw some V-Wings on clearance for $7. I'm not that crazy about that ship but if it goes cheaper I might get a few.

Ji'dai
08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Looks like the Ferrari & Racers sets have sold out; my local WM is liquidating this stuff pretty darn quick. I was able to talk the toy dept. mgr. into reducing the price on the remaining Batman sets they had left. I got the Batwing for $10 (reg. $50) and the Batboat for $7 (reg. $20).

Jangu Fett
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
I just got back from Target and TRU. Everything was still full price. Star Wars, Exo-Force and Bionicle. However stuffed behind some other lego stuff I did find the Bionicle Piraka Battle Ram for only $8, at Target. TRU was still asking $30.

Did anyone see, or hear about the NEW TRU Exclusive Bionicle Lava Surfer set? Sorry I don't have any photos, it's going for $50. And includes 8 figures, 2 Battle ships, and a small tower. One of the ships looks like a catamaran.

JediTricks
08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Dang, that's a good price on the Batwing, I was just at WM the other day and none of it was on clearance though.

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 06:38 PM
The BatWing is 25 bucks at the WM near me.

Slicker
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
How much is the goat?

Ji'dai
10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Not sure if this sale is national, but my TRU has 30% off the first Vikings sets released.

The big Viking Fortress is $50 (reg. $70), the large ship is $35 (reg. $50), the small long boat is $7 (reg. $10), and the catapult is $14 (reg. $20).

Mandalorian Candidat
12-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Did anyone pick up the KK castle at Target for $50 on BF? I got one in case the kids want one but don't know really much about that system.

2-1B
12-01-2006, 11:29 PM
The BatWing is 25 bucks at the WM near me.

How much is the goat?

WOW ! ! ! lol lol lol

I would have gone for the Lego Brain.

Ji'dai
12-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I haven't seen many sets in clearance aisles since most LEGO sets sold out during the holidays. I did see a UCS Batmobile marked down to $49 (originally $69) at one Wal-Mart. K-Mart had an EXO-Force Gate Assault for $22 (down from $30).

JediTricks
12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I saw the UCS Batmobile knocked down to that price as well, either Target or TRU - I hit a lot of stores right before xmas so it's hard to remember.

Ji'dai
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Just a heads up - LEGO Shop@Home has the Dino Attack 7477 T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7477) on sale for half price ($35). This one builds a monster attack helicopter, plus you get a big ol' T-Rex with light-up eye feature. I got one last christmas and I'd definitely recommend it at this price.

JediTricks
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Nice price! If I saw it in person for that, I'd buy it, I've been eying it every time I see it.

Ji'dai
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Just a heads up - LEGO Shop@Home has the Dino Attack 7477 T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7477) on sale for half price ($35) Sold out..

Jangu Fett
02-08-2007, 10:30 AM
WM around Pittsburgh have the Exo-Force Fortress and new Bionicle Piraka Fortress mark at $49.99. Don't know if this was mentioned.

Ji'dai
06-14-2007, 03:06 PM
LEGO Shop@Home has the Vikings Chess Set (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=G577&cn=164&d=275) for $25, which is 50% off. The "set" has 179 pieces, a carry case, and 24 Viking mini-figs to expand your Norse army.

msjedi
06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Today the Target store I stopped by had Jabba's Sail Barge on clearance for $52.49.

Ji'dai
06-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Today the Target store I stopped by had Jabba's Sail Barge on clearance for $52.49. That's interesting. I wonder if Wal-Mart will clearance some sets before restocking for their christmas reset.

LEGO Shop@Home has some nice prices on the Royal King's Castle (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10176) ($50; originally $100) and the Batman Arkham Asylum (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7785) ($40; originally $80). Both are tempting for me. I wish LEGO had marked them down before I placed my Market Street order Friday evening.

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 11:29 PM
I saw the V-Wings on a clearance rack. However, they still scanned at 9.99. There are no longer tags for it in the Lego section so I don't know what's going on exactly with it.