PDA

View Full Version : The Star Corps Trooper Helmet on sale!

Stalker 7
07-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Starwarsshop.com is now selling the Star Corps Trooper Helmet! Limited edition of 600. For hyperspace members only until Aug 1st.

Blackened88
07-29-2005, 11:34 PM
I would love to buy this Helmet along with the 501st and Shocktrooper but 400 bucks is just too much money. I will buy the standard white clone helmet and it they ever made it a Commander Gree helmet but thats it for the normal clone helmets from ROTS.

Jayspawn
07-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Impressive, and a really good exclusive! I actually plan on making my own Clone helmet, so I'll pass for now.

decadentdave
07-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm disappointed that it is not weathered like the image on their site. That is the reason I passed on the 501st and Shock Trooper helmets. They should at least do clean and weathered variants. Seeing as how MR has access to Lucasfilm's digital models they could create a 100% accurate replica on the weathering. Looks like if I want it weathered I'm going to have to use it as a football helmet. :ermm:

JimJamBonds
07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I actually plan on making my own Clone helmet, so I'll pass for now.

What from pvc?

Blackened88
07-30-2005, 02:59 PM
I feel the same way decadentdave, maybe in the future they will do signature editions or elite editions with weathering.

Teeska
07-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Well think about it, alot of people who are going to buy these are going to be people from the 501st and many of them like to keep the clean, neat appearance as if they were being inspected by the emperor

decadentdave
07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
That's my whole point, Teeska. When you watch Episode III, there is nothing clean or neat about them. In every scene, the Clone Troopers have weathered helmets and armor. When the 501st marches behind Anakin during the siege on the Jedi Temple, every last one of them is weathered. I don't have the skill to do a precise custom weathering job myself and make it look movie authentic although there are some who post here that can and will. I'm sure if they do a Commander Gree helmet it will look too clean and that just bugs me, especially considering Gree's helmet is heavily camoflauged and soiled from the Kashyyyk jungles. I'm all about authentic movie replicas not a fan of these "idealized" versions. These are more like pristine "As First Built By" which would have been great for the Clone Trooper helmets from Attack of the Clones but after 3 years of battles during the Clone Wars, they are gonna be scuffed up quite a bit. Now the white EIII Clone Trooper I don't have a problem with so much because it is pretty generic, but the "Special Forces" are screaming for weathering and that's why I passed on all of them, regardless of the limited production run. I'm not collecting them for investment, I just want something that people remember down to the finest detail. If MR makes a Jango or Boba Fett helmet, they too will probably be "clean" and omit the big dent in favor of an idealized pristine version. If it is flawed and it is a detail from the film, then I want it. I don't see why they just can't do both and make everyone happy. Besides, it just means even more money for MR especially from completists who will definitely want both versions in their collections.

Teeska
07-31-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything but A. I'm pretty shure they'd include the dent (on Boba only because Jango doesn't have one) considering that it's a very distiguishable part of the character. and B. You may not think so but if you try one can do some very nice weathering on their own. I know I didn't think that I did but when I got into costuming instead of collecting I found out that with a smidget of practice anyone can make something that looks decent. With a little trial and error you could replicate any of the on screen clonetroopers and/or you own unique design. Plus most ways of weathering are able to be removed so if you're not feeling it you can change anyway you like. I'm guessing they're fiberglass so it should be extremely simple.

decadentdave
07-31-2005, 01:11 AM
Uh, Jango HAS a dent. It's the same helmet that Boba uses. Watch the Geonosis arena battle again.

I just don't have the skill to do an exceptional weathering job that a lot of skilled customizers do, that's why I'd prefer to pay Master Replicas to do it for me.

Jayspawn
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Jango and Boba do not use the same helmets. Jango's helmet is usually clean but I've seen some shots of him with a dent on the back side, so I suspect that he has extras.

decadentdave
07-31-2005, 11:47 AM
At the end of Episode II, Kid Fett picks up his daddy's helmet (the one with the dent on the side of it). It was my impression that he used it to honor the name of his father and that it was repainted green like Slave I.

lukespop
07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
If its CG is it really considered a movie prop? Weren't all of those clone troopers computer generated in ROTS? No one actually got in costume for filming , did they? I don't know so I thought I'd ask.

decadentdave
07-31-2005, 12:43 PM
All of the clones were CG. Master Replicas has made the helmets from the original digital models so they are 100% physical recreations.

lukespop
07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
At the end of Episode II, Kid Fett picks up his daddy's helmet (the one with the dent on the side of it). It was my impression that he used it to honor the name of his father and that it was repainted green like Slave I.

I think your right about the helmet. Jango was an original Mandolorian Warrior. I don't think there was alot of Madolorian armor floating around for Boba to grab.

CooLJoE
07-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Woohoo!

I put one on order. So now I have the regular Clone helmet, Special Ops Clone helmet, and now Star Corp Clone helmet, all on order.

I understand why people want the weathered look. You see it in the pictures and in the movie and it has a better feel to it. However, I love storm/clone-troopers period, so these helmets are going into my collection. Heck, if they make weathered ones, I'll buy those too. No, I'm not a completist. As I said, I love storm/clone-troopers.

Hopefully they sell the shocktrooper helmet again (red one). It was never on StarWarsShop.com, but was/is mentioned on Master Replicas. I would love to get one of those helmets as well. And it would be nice to see the camo one, commander bly, and others as well.

Its going to be awesome to have a shelf with just clone helmets, all inside display cases with plaques. Now I just need to get a Stormtrooper helmet and EP2 Clone trooper helmet, along with full armor for all 3. Wow, my wallet is on fire. Quick, call the fire dept.

Blackened88
07-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Congrats on the Clone Helmets, great for you that you can afford them all. If I had the money I would buy em all too.

Teeska
08-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Jango and Boba do not use the same helmets. Jango's helmet is usually clean but I've seen some shots of him with a dent on the back side, so I suspect that he has extras.

Thanksm you beat me to it. They aren't the same. As much as Lucas film prolly tried to make them the same they aren't. For most of the movie there isn't a dent and most costumes don't include it. The visor is also larger on the Jango helmet than the boba. The Right earcap on jango's doesn't have a gap, the right cheek doesn't have the little mole greeblie and the left cheek doesn't have a dent and there are a few more really small things different but just to make it clear THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. if you want to disagree please feel free to check out the dented helmet.com and argue with us over there. I just feel people should prolly researcha little before they say things are the same. You'd think in collecting you'd look for screen acuracy, yes costumers are a little retentive so I want to apologize if I've made anyone mad. It'll be something to remember and tell your grandchildren or whatnot. plus if you ever want to get into Boba/Jango costuming you now know like 2% of everything :Pirate: