PDA

View Full Version : Captain Antilles (Senate Security)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
This figure is the second version of this particular character, the second Alderaanian character produced in the ROTS line, and #51 in said line. Let's dip right in, shall we?

The sculpt is actually pretty good. Pictures I've seen (like the one on the figure's cardback) led me to believe that the headsculpt looked like crap and the rest of the figure wasn't much better. However, thankfully, that's not the case. While it's not a dead ringer for Rohan Nichols, it's still good. Unfortunately they messed up on painting the scars on his face (the small one over his right eyebrow is a little too long, and the one on his left cheek was nixed in favor of one on his chin). The chin scar is where his soul patch should be, but isn't. Though the costume at first glance is similar to that of the Bail Organa, it's actually different. He has a similar cape thing, this time in too-dark black, but the costume underneath is the one that he wears when he acquires C-3PO and R2-D2 (I think).

Articulation here isn't wonderful, but it's enough. He has a ball joint head (like most figures nowadays), and regular articulation in the shoulders, right elbow, wrisis, waist, and legs. His three accessories include a blaster similar to Bail's and also fits in a holster (connected to the waist but not the leg), a headset (like Mon Mothma's in principle but different in design), and another base that, like all other indoor-floor ROTS bases, is okay by itself but useless with others. Oh, and the cape thing I already mentioned.

So, I guess, for this character they could've done a lot worse, but for what it is it's pretty nice. I'll give it a B+.

Captain Spoon
08-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I picked up this figure over the weekend and also was quite happy with it. Thank God he doesn't have a hurricane kick or Judo chop action!!

Jayspawn
08-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I hear that Captain Spoon. Hes a great standard figure, I picked him up even though I really dont collect the figures anymore. Its odd but I'm kind of a Captain Antillies fan -it took me forever to remember how his headset went on.