PDA

View Full Version : Other Kitbashed/Repainted Figures You'd Like

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Obviously, we'd all like brand-new figures. However, 12 new ROTS figures all utilize existing sculpts, and apparently, many of the TSC figures in 2006 will do the same. Basically, these are like "official customs." So, if this is the route they'll be taking some of the time, what other figures should they make in this fashion?

*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Tatooine) - From the ROTS Pilot Gear Obi-Wan, just add a new Alec Guinness head and replace the current plastic skirt with that of the ROTS Saesee Tiin, but in the correct color.
*Battle Droid - In all sorts of different colors - all red, all tan, and with other rank colors as well. Use the upper body from the Saga/ROTS battle droid and the legs from the POTJ Security one, but cast it in better plastic.
*Bail Organa - Use the ROTS head and slap it onto the Captain Antilles figure. Hey, I might actually do that myself.

What else should they do?

jjreason
07-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Well we're getting a bunch of new Astromechs from Entertainment Earth, and that's what I would have asked for in terms of repaints.

The only other sculpts I wouldn't mind seeing thrown out again would be the Ewoks - as long as their painted distinctively and come with a nice selection of all-new accessories.

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 04:20 AM
I thought the re-paints they did for the OTC line actually turned out fairly well. If they do more... when they do more, I would like....

Luke X-Wing pilot: Use Dutch Vander body, new head sculpt. (Just look how goofy my avatar looks).

Han Hoth: Re-issue Han Hoth rescue, but include an interchangable head (ala the Luke Dagobah training) that has his hood down.

Luke Hoth: Re-issue Wampa cave Luke without the battle damage.

Death Star droid: I would like the POTF 2 version in silver.

Turbowars
07-31-2005, 10:21 AM
I thought the re-paints they did for the OTC line actually turned out fairly well. If they do more... when they do more, I would like....

Luke X-Wing pilot: Use Dutch Vander body, new head sculpt. (Just look how goofy my avatar looks).

Han Hoth: Re-issue Han Hoth rescue, but include an interchangable head (ala the Luke Dagobah training) that has his hood down.

Luke Hoth: Re-issue Wampa cave Luke without the battle damage.

Death Star droid: I would like the POTF 2 version in silver.We really need an all new Hoth Han, It was a cool figure, but that action stance has got to go! The Head would be cool, but not cool enough for a repack.

I like the idea about the Hoth Luke w/o Battle damage.

Hasbro issued that copper colored DS droid with that crap *** Sand Crawler. So maybe they will rehash that on a card as well.

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 09:51 PM
We really need an all new Hoth Han, It was a cool figure, but that action stance has got to go! The Head would be cool, but not cool enough for a repack.

Yeah, that karate horse stance is lame! I saw a custom somewhere where the guy had straightened the legs and it looked ten times better. Same guy had done the head replacement, included a soft goods hood. That's where my inspiration came from.

Hasbro issued that copper colored DS droid with that crap *** Sand Crawler. So maybe they will rehash that on a card as well.

Ahhhhh, so that's what that was. Never got the Sandcrawler.

jjreason
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM
My God, you guys would be FURIOUS if you had to pay full basic-figure price for that Sandcrawler pack in. It's an awful figure, rubberier than all get out. It doesn't even look metallic.

Turbowars
08-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah I know all about it. I bought the Crawler and saw that it is truly a huge hunk of trash, so I sold the Crawler to a friend that liked it, less the figure. I took 15 bucks off the price for the figure. But yeah the figure is lame. Hasbro truly doesn't try 90% of the time. I'm really sick of hearing "It costs too much to make", man that ticks me off. I'm afraid that Hasbro is really going to drive this line into the ground and it will be all over in 2-3 years. I really don't have too much hope for the line lasting until 2018.

jjreason
08-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Even with that emotionally-uplifting boost you're giving them with your sig line? ;)

I don't see it going much past 2008. I'm thinking that the desire for people to collect figures based on the TV show isn't going to be half of what it was for ROTS, and around here the hype for ROTS figures is over - we haven't seen any new figures since June 6th, and there isn't much on the pegs. After the first year's worth of TV show figures flop, there won't be much hope for any continuation after that. Maybe they'll resort to the new "Direct to Consumer" marketing scheme we're seeing with the new (and pretty cool looking) GI Joe figures.

Captain Spoon
08-01-2005, 07:00 AM
I would like a new Plo Koon, similar to the POTJ version only with better articulation. Kit Fisto repaint also SA with a Robe. A good Mace Windu once again SA with a Robe. Han Solo in Carbonite new sculpt, slicked back hair, full shell carbonite. and a Jedi Luke, closed tunic SA with a better head sculpt and no action feature.

LTBasker
08-01-2005, 04:34 PM
"Perfect Clone Trooper"
Head from AT-TE Tank Gunner
#41/CW Clone body
Ball-jointed hips from Tank Gunner
Helmets from both the Tank Gunner and AOTC Speederbike Clone

"Perfect SBD"
AOTC SBD body
ROTS SBD right arm
Stiffer plastic...

"Perfect Droideka"
TPM Droideka body
CW 3-pack Droideka head

It's so simple. >_<

El Chuxter
08-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Howsabout. . .

VOTC Han body with VOTC Lando head?

It's so incredibly easy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Howsabout. . .

VOTC Han body with VOTC Lando head?

It's so incredibly easy.
Yes, but, when Lando was wearing Han's clothes, he had the collar tucked in, much like Han did during the ANH medal ceremony. So, make medal ceremony Han, then make Lando in Han's clothes. :D

I'd also like to see a Boba Fett that uses parts from some different Jango Fett figures, so he too can have a flamethrower and grappling hook.

ROTJLuke
08-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I would like a new Plo Koon, similar to the POTJ version only with better articulation. Kit Fisto repaint also SA with a Robe. A good Mace Windu once again SA with a Robe. Han Solo in Carbonite new sculpt, slicked back hair, full shell carbonite. and a Jedi Luke, closed tunic SA with a better head sculpt and no action feature.

Im straight on Koon and Fisto, but I the other three (Mace, Han Carbo, DSIILuke) could all use resculpts, and I would hope they wouldnt rehash any of the previous versions of these figures. Were already getting that awesome Han Carbon, and Im really wanting the SA DSII Jedi Luke as well as the SA Mace w/ soft goods robe, just throw in figures like DS Gunner, GM Tarkin, Amarild's Peitt and Ackbar, and a single carded General Veers along with many others from POTF2, (when collecting was actually exciting) and Ill die happy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd be willing to rebuy the charred Anakin body from the #50 figure if it also included new robotic legs to plug into his legs and a new left arm into which you could put a new robotic arm, and also they should repaint the right arm to be more detailed. The figure would be a more film accurate version of the "Rebuild Darth Vader" deluxe figure. That would be so sweet! :thumbsup:

Also, continuing with the destroyed Ani trend, they should retool the Evolutions set ROTS Anakin to have red eyes :twisted: and also have his arm and leg be available for chopping. And don't forget all three scars. :hurt:

These new smilies are cool. :yes: :thumbsup: :love:

TheDarthVader
08-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Death Star droid: I would like the POTF 2 version in silver.

Oh............................................

You mean like THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.
TDV

Deoxyribonucleic
08-13-2005, 01:22 PM
New gam guard, new ackbar, new luke bespin without gimmicks, damage and stance, new snow trooper with SA, new luke, han and leia with their endor ponchos/overcoats that are removeable and when they come off, there's a nice looking SA figure underneath.

New sculpt of ponda baba...I'm sick of the buff version, he just doesn't fit with all of the newer figures! A more articulated hammerhead.

Whoever mentioned the interchangeable Hoth Luke...that's a great idea, I'd go for that!

I'm REALLY glad we are getting a new boussh, although the POTF95 one still is not as bad as most of the figures from that time. It still stands up to alot of these newer sculpts, just with less articulation.

Oh yeah, an SA BIKER SCOUT already :yes:

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, an SA BIKER SCOUT already :yes:
Aw, c'mon 'Ox! What's wrong with the bow-legged one? He's got knee joints! :D

Deoxyribonucleic
08-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Aw, c'mon 'Ox! What's wrong with the bow-legged one? He's got knee joints! :D

hehhehehheheh you said bow-legged :lipsrseal

TheDarthVader
08-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Did nobody like my custom? :( A friend of mine did that for me and said that it was one of his best customs. Nobody said anything about it. :confused: :(

B.
TDV

Turbowars
08-19-2005, 06:22 PM
You didn't say it was your custom. If I'm right I think all you have to do is remove the black coat to reveal the silver. The only thing is,it's really more like a copper color.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I'd also like to see a cloaked Mace Windu, using parts from any ol' Jedi and the arms from the Episode I Darth Sidious, since those are pretty long. Or they should at least retool that Sidious figure to have a disfigured Palpatine head, so it can be from ROTS or ROTJ.

TheDarthVader
08-21-2005, 02:33 PM
A friend of mine customized it for me, but it is MY figure. :) And I wish I had a better camera because he didn't just "take off the black coat". James left some "dirt" or "worn" spots like around the arm sockets and so forth to make it look like a true Tatooine droid. He wouldn't tell me what he used to remove the black coat. (I still wonder what it was.) James was interested in what others thought of it. I'll tell him that not much was said.

B.
TDV

darth cynik
08-22-2005, 08:06 PM
We are desperately in need of a new, better detailed Bib Fortuna figure. The OTC re-release of that lame POTF2 version was uncalled for.

They did such a great job on the new sculpt of Obi-Wan [ghost], Lobot, Dagobah Luke, Skiff Lando, and the way-better-than-was-necessary Cloud Car Pilot... Bib Fortuna (and the Gamorrean Guard) could have greatly benefitted from the same superb treatment.

Rumor has it that there might be a new Bib in the Saga '0 collection. I certainly hope so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As for other repaints/retools I'd like to see: new Han in carbonite (I agree on the fully-enclosed block), the other Weequay [tan/gray tunic], and the Jabba Palace version of Ishi Tib.

New sculpt updates of Warok and Paploo are a great idea too. :D

dindae
09-15-2005, 03:59 PM
darth cynik it is definately more than a rumor his is the pic Steve got from Comic Con

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=13805&cat=4032 :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2005, 04:45 PM
The ROTS C-3PO is, by and large, the best protocol droid figure EVER. It would be a shame if they did not re-paint this in the AOTC colors, and also keep him gold but give him a new right leg with a silver shin. If they're ever feeling generous (and you know they're not), it would be awesome if they added knee articulation, an Endor chair, and some Ewoks, and made a screen scene out of it. Hell, all the Ewoks can be kitbashed or repainted for all I care.

mtriv73
09-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd love to see more pilots from red and gold squadrons from A New Hope. As far as I'm concerned, they could use the Dutch Vander body for all of them, the clean shaven endor trooper head (he's generic enough and they could have the hair painted different colors), and paint the helmets to match the figures in the movie. I'd buy them all especially if they were sold in a Battlepack type assortment. Of course I would rather see these figures as all new sculpts with accurate heads but I'm not holding my breath.

DarkArtist
09-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Luke Skywalker Death Star Duel:thumbsup:

Easy recipe,
OTC Luke Jedi arms, legs and head
Saga Throne Room Duel chest
POTF Luke Endor legs (Millenium Coin Edition)
right hand can be painted black for the glove or be made interchangable

Love the idea about the pilots, would love to see more of them. I new Jek Porkins would be a plus as well, as well as a new Biggs Darklighter.

:thumbsup:

Rogue II
09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
A friend of mine customized it for me, but it is MY figure. :) And I wish I had a better camera because he didn't just "take off the black coat". James left some "dirt" or "worn" spots like around the arm sockets and so forth to make it look like a true Tatooine droid. He wouldn't tell me what he used to remove the black coat. (I still wonder what it was.) James was interested in what others thought of it. I'll tell him that not much was said.

B.
TDV

I made the same thing and it is fairly easy. One of the customizing websites tells you how to do it. It may have been nail polish remover (acetone?), but I'm not 100% positive. I don't want anyone taking of the black and the silver. Whatever it was, the black paint came off pretty easy. I know I used the same stuff to take the gold color off of a C-3PO, but it didn't come off quite as easy.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Luke Skywalker Death Star Duel:thumbsup:

Easy recipe,
OTC Luke Jedi arms, legs and head
Saga Throne Room Duel chest
POTF Luke Endor legs (Millenium Coin Edition)
right hand can be painted black for the glove or be made interchangable

Love the idea about the pilots, would love to see more of them. I new Jek Porkins would be a plus as well, as well as a new Biggs Darklighter.

:thumbsup:
This figure has four legs!

DarkArtist
09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Well it's for a mutant version of Luke (Star Wars meets the X-Men), lol lol lol lol I think the Endor legs would work better than the OTC version

StarmanSkywalker
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
R2-D2 (Invisible Hand Infiltration)
Using the upcomming ROTS Obi Wan's Astromech Droid's body (with a dull grey dome and weathering), SAGA Boba Fett's Jetpack exhaust flame base and a small holographic Invisible Hand.

Obi Wan (Geonosis Arena)
ROTS Obi Wan's torso, arms and tunika, Jedi vs. Sith Obi Wan's head (reworked), AOTC Outlander Club's legs. Includes Lightsaber handle, ignited Lightsaber, Geonosis staff
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/MattK/STAR%20WARS%20customs/AOTC-Obi-Wan.jpg

Padmé (Geonosis Arena)
Conveyor Belt Padmé's body (reworked for ripped jumpsuit) and Pilot Padmè's head with hairbun. Includes blaster and ROTS Obi Wan's battle damaged Super Battle Droid pack-in.

Luke (X-Wing Pilot)
Biggs' body, Ceremonial Luke's head, Dutch Vader (Gold Leader)'s helmet. Includes blaster and Lightsaber.

Security Battle Droid
POTJ Security Battle Droid with extra Battle Droid (Deluxe blast apart Clone Wars Battle Droid pack-in repainted with tan colors)

Stormtrooper Luke and Han
VOTC Stormtrooper sculpts with removeable helmet.

Holographic Darth Vader
CTC Darth Vader (with plastic robes and reworked chest plate).

Darth Vader (Mustafar Duel)
Evolution Set Anakin with balljointed elbows, repainted head, removeable arm and legs. Includes removeable hooded robe (from the Clone Wars Jedi three-pack), Lightsaber hilt and ignited Lightsaber and lava collection Droid.

Obi Wan (Mustafar Duel)
Red Leader sculpt with new headsculpt (messy hair, desperate look), sculpted weathering on clothing, Lightsabers and hovering platform.

Destroyer Droid
Ep 1 Destroyer Droid body, SAGA Destroyer Droid's head. Include clip-on blaster effects, shield generator bubble effect.

C-3PO (Ewok Village)
R-3PO repainted with articulated knees and swivel elbows. Includes Vintage Ewok Throne.

ROTJ Royal Guard
ROTS Royal Guard with electro battle staff, repositioned cloth robe

Emperor Palpatine
ROTS Palpatine with new headsculpt and ROTS Captive Chancellor Palpatine's lower body (articulated knees!) and a cloth lower body robe.
Add a walking staff, Sith Lightning hands and a retooled Final Duel Cinema Scene Throne.

Bespin Han
VOTC Body slightly retooled, repainted with plastic jacket. Add a almost chrome colored Carbonite block.

Tusken Raider (Search for R2)
Saga 2003 Tusken Raider repainted with Battle Staff and Sniper Rifle.

Ewok Battle Pack
The Vintage Kenner Ewoks featured great sculpts that are still up-to-date if you repaint them adding fur detail and fleshing out the sculpt with a paint wash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/MattK/STAR%20WARS%20customs/Battle-for-Endor.jpg

Clone Pilot Oddball (Battle Of Coruscant)
Clone Pilot's body, AT-TE Gunner's head (with added scars) and a new, removeable helmet.

Darth Sidious (Sith Transmission)
Holographic Ep 1 Sidious with wind-up holo projector

DarkArtist
09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Luke X-Wing : Dutch Vader's body, new sculpted Luke Head, POTJ Luke X-Wing Helmet. Blaster and Lightsaber hilt with removable blade.:thumbsup: :yes:

War Room General Dodonna : Captain Antilles Body, General Dodanna head, general Madine staff

Leia Rebel Medical Frigate : new sculpt Leia ANH body, new sculpted Leia head.

Luke Rebel Medical Frigate : Tatoonie Luke Torso, mustafar Anakin arm (for robotic look), POTJ obi wan skirt, POTF Luke Bespin Head

ROTJLuke
10-21-2005, 06:42 PM
ROTJ Luke Skywalker-Endor Encounter

OTC Jabba Luke's Head, legs
Newly Sculpted torso and ball jointed arms
Obiwan Pilot's Saber and hilt (with a green blade)
Binders

Theres your figure right there. They seem to be doing that with alot of figures from the new waves weve seen. (Veers, Snowtrooper, Chewie..etc.)