PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow's 1:4 Scale Statues

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Is anyone buying any of the 1/4 scale statues Sideshow is doing?

Personally I think these look like some of the nicest looking SW statues around. Some might not like the cloth robes/capes because it resembles an action figure and would prefer a sculpted robe or cape but I love it. The cloth allows you to position it how you want hood up/down/off. And the likeness on some of these are amazing. Especially Obi-Wan, which IMO is the best I've ever seen.

So far I have Obi-Wan and Grievous on pre-order and am on the wait list for the Vader. I'll post some pics of each statue for those who may not have seen them yet.

I'll start with Obi-Wan. He is limited to 1,200 pieces and the Sideshow Exclusive version comes with a 1/4 scale training remote as seen on the Millennium Falcon in Ep IV.

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 12:39 AM
Darth Vader is limited to 2,000 pieces and the Sideshow Exclusive comes with a 1/4 scale Mouse Droid complete with a seperate miniature Death Star flooring base.

Luke Skywalker is limited to 2,500 pieces and captures him as he appeared standing on a sandy bluff overlooking the Tatooine sunset.

Hellboy
07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Han Solo is limited to 2,500 pieces and is incredibly detailed. Just check out the closeup picture of his belt. The likeness to Harrison Ford is impressive as well.

General Grievous is limted to 2,500 pieces as well and even though these prototype pics don't show him wearing a cape one will be included when the final product is released early next year.

Jayspawn
07-31-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm getting the Darth Vader Statue. I have it on order from Sideshow direct. I saw it in person at CIII and was astounded! Its absolutly incredible! (as are the others). I'm glad I got one before they sold out!

megaprime33
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Whats the height on the vader statue? I have been looking for a good one to place behind my replica saber. How much is going to be?

Hellboy
08-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Vader is 20" high and weights 15.00 lbs. The Sideshow exclusive is $350 while the regular edition is about $250. He is limited to 2,000 pieces but I'm not sure how the exclusive vs regular version will breakdown. If I had to guess it will probably end up being a 50/50 split.

The only way to get Sideshow's exclusives is to order directly from them and currently they're sold out. You can however get put on the waiting list. Just so you know the only difference between the exclusive and the regular version is the addition of the Mouse Droid. So if you're only interested in Vader you could save yourself some money by going with the regular edition.

Blue2th
08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Vader is 20" high and weights 15.00 lbs. The Sideshow exclusive is $350 while the regular edition is about $250. He is limited to 2,000 pieces but I'm not sure how the exclusive vs regular version will breakdown. If I had to guess it will probably end up being a 50/50 split.

The only way to get Sideshow's exclusives is to order directly from them and currently they're sold out. You can however get put on the waiting list. Just so you know the only difference between the exclusive and the regular version is the addition of the Mouse Droid. So if you're only interested in Vader you could save yourself some money by going with the regular edition.
I wasn't aware there was a regular version of Vader. The only one I saw was the $350 version. There is no mention of another Vader at Sideshow that I have seen. The addition of the Mouse Droid is $100 difference? Where can one get this info (officially)? :confused:

DarthBrandon
08-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Very nice statues, but way too pricey for me to get into. It would get in the way of my son & I collecting other things as well. If I win the lotto or come into some extra cash (not going to happen too soon as I'm saving up for a seven seater speed boat) I may pick up one or two, but right now it's no for me.

Hellboy
08-01-2005, 09:19 PM
I wasn't aware there was a regular version of Vader. The only one I saw was the $350 version. There is no mention of another Vader at Sideshow that I have seen. The addition of the Mouse Droid is $100 difference? Where can one get this info (officially)? :confused:

If you were to order the Vader statue from anyone other than Sideshow it will be the regular version. Only Sideshow direct carries their Exclusives and I'm not sure why they don't have the regular versions available on their site. The non-exclusive Obi-Wan isn't offered either. If you're not interested in the Exclusives I wouldn't order from Sideshow anyways due to their high prices. You could do much better with another online retailer or by watching ebay.

I'm saving up for a seven seater speed boat

Wow!! That sounds like fun, when am I coming up to do some water skiing. ;)

Jayspawn
08-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I recommend Sideshow's Wait List if you want the Vader Statue. I didnt know there was a less expensive Vader either. It seemed to me they didnt announce it until it was sold out. As long as I'm dropping a wad on it anyways. But I recommend getting one whichever version it is. Its truely remarkable.

A friend of mine has the Grevious on order.

JHwang
08-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Hey all, I just signed up for this forum cause theres always new info here and I wanted to start contributing.

For me, I'm not sure if there's much to consider in terms of price. I've seen Padme maquettes go on ebay for close to $400, and those are tiny. Granted, they're really cool and unique compared to other star wars collectibles, but the SS 1:4 figures are huge and completely detailed. I just got my comic con edition luke, and it looks awesome.

Also, I emailed SS about the different vaders, and the regular version is sold through their direct dealers. The exclusive version was only available through SS and star wars shop, but both sites are soldout now.

JHwang
08-04-2005, 12:19 AM
oh, i didn't know if anyone else noticed in the description for vader and obiwan, but their lightsabers are supposed to light up, and the buttons on vaders control panel are supposed to lightup as well. just some extra details.

Hellboy
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
oh, i didn't know if anyone else noticed in the description for vader and obiwan, but their lightsabers are supposed to light up, and the buttons on vaders control panel are supposed to lightup as well. just some extra details.

Yeah thats a really cool and unique feature. I know some people aren't big on lights in statues becuase it makes it feel kind of gimmicky but I like it. The best use I've seen of this is the X-Men vs. Sentinel statue thats also done by Sideshow. If you're an X-Men fan you owe it to yourself to check this thing out it is simply amazing and I couldn't resist ordering one. :D

BTW welcome to the boards JHwang. :)

JHwang
08-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Hellboy, Thanks for the welcome.

Yea, I agree, the x-men v. sentinel does an amazing job with the lights, especially the flickering. It looks amazing. But what draws me to the 1:4 star wars, aside from star wars, is that they replicate the clothes and the utilities almost perfectly. I've never heard or seen anything like that before.

The only "complaint" I have at this point is that the cloak for General Grievous looks a little too shiny and the colors too bright. I recall the cloak being a dull dark gray on the outside and a deep maroon or blood red on the inside. The cloak they have pictures up for looks like Grievous stole it off a superhero.
It's either the wrong color, or if it's correct, it's just plain ugly. Prior to putting up the current pictures, they had a background image of a Grievous with cloak that looked good. Anyone save a picture of that?

Hellboy
08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't be overly concerned with the cloak's appearance just yet. All of those prototype pictures are subject to change and since the pictures of the cloak have just recently started to surface I'd be surprised if we didn't see some changes before this statue hits next year.

darthinwah
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Yeah thats a really cool and unique feature. I know some people aren't big on lights in statues becuase it makes it feel kind of gimmicky but I like it. The best use I've seen of this is the X-Men vs. Sentinel statue thats also done by Sideshow. If you're an X-Men fan you owe it to yourself to check this thing out it is simply amazing and I couldn't resist ordering one. :D

BTW welcome to the boards JHwang. :)

Don't forget the 1/4 scale Doom on his throne. Now that was BadA$$....

Hellboy
08-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Don't forget the 1/4 scale Doom on his throne. Now that was BadA$$....

Yeah that is indeed a nice piece and I'd love to have one but you have to draw the line somewhere.

The thing that shocked me about that statue is it weighs 30 lbs. :eek:

JHwang
08-12-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else got the Comic-Con Luke and if there was any trouble putting on the belt. I got mine and took it out to look at it and the belt was kinda tight. I didn't try to force it on cause I'd have to take it back apart when I move within the next week. Sideshow assured me that it should fit, but I just wanted to check with anyone else who might have gone through this same thing.

Reefer Shark
08-21-2005, 05:24 AM
I really want to order a regular Vader, but I can't find any pre-orders for a reasonable price.

If anyone comes across a pre-order in the $200 - $300 range, please let me know.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hellboy
08-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I don't know of anybody that still has this statue up for pre-order Reefer. Wait lists might be your best option at this point. Here is a link to the guy's site I buy most of my statues from. http://www.comicstatues.com/ Last time I checked he had a wait list going for Vader and is selling it for $249.95. Danny is a good guy, if you email him he'll get back to you pretty quickly if you do decide to exlpore this option. Good luck. :grin:

Speaking of Vader my wait list reservation was converted into an order by Sideshow last week. :pleased: Nice to know I will indeed be getting him now. I can't wait to display him and Obi-Wan together. :grin:

Reefer Shark
08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey thanks HB,
Their website shows that they're sold out, but I emailed them asking about the waiting list.

My fingers are crossed, hopefully I'll get some kind of positive response.:)

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Some new pics of the upcoming General Grievous statue taken at ComicCon.

This thing looks amazing and standing at 25" high he is HUGE. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
09-09-2005, 10:14 AM
No kidding Hellboy, with his arms all spread out he takes up a lot of space!

Theres some Luke's on Ebay going for some really reasonable prices. I'm tempted to get one now....

Hellboy
09-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Theres some Luke's on Ebay going for some really reasonable prices. I'm tempted to get one now....

I wouldn't even hesitate Jayspawn. Its an amazing statue and the pictures online don't do it justice at all. Plus the secondary market prices are significantly lower than $250, which is what this piece retailed for. If you can get a good deal on it I say go for it. :yes:

I wasn't planning on getting Luke but after seeing the deals on eBay I decided to pick it up and I'm extremely glad I did because I absolutely love it. I actually just received it this week and it ran me $165 shipped, which I thought was a steal. :bandit:

This is just my personal opinion but I have a feeling Sideshow's 1/4 line is going to be a HUGE sleeper hit. Low production numbers, a scale that is even bigger than Attakus and incorporating tailored clothing makes for some of the most detailed and accurate looking SW statues ever. Once Vader, Obi-Wan and Grievous hit I think people will be scrambling to grab up Luke and Han and it could create a demand similar to what we saw with GG's Clone Wars Maquettes. Get em' while they're cheap or pay later.

Jayspawn
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
You know, we're a DAY away from the 4th quarter of 2005 (already?!) and we're coming up on the shipping time for Sideshow's Premium Format Han Solo and Darth Vader Statues to start shipping!

That went fast!

Hellboy
10-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah I can't believe its October already, and you're right quite a bit of product is going to be hitting in the next few months. Its gonna :hurt:

If I remember correctly though Obi-Wan should be out before Vader but I could be wrong. I haven't been contacted by SS yet regarding either of my orders so I'd say we're still a few months off on both. Han however should be out any time now but I don't have that one on order. I'm planning on picking him up on eBay like I did with Luke and save about 40%. Thankfully Grievous is still due the first quarter of '06 and he is the most expensive so hopefully I can still afford to get all of these. :nerv:

Jayspawn
10-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Obi-Wan should be out 1st quarter of '06. Han and Vader should be up soon.

Yep, its gonna be $$$ Hellboy.

Jayspawn
10-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Sideshow has now given us a little teaser of the Premium Format Princess Leia for 2006! Yow!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=102805leia

Jayspawn
10-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Here's a full-sized picture of the Premium Format Princess Leia (thanks to RS)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0006250.jpg

The full picture looks great! This one is also tempting to get. I cant wait to see which other characters we're going to get this next year!

Hellboy
10-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Very nice indeed. I don't seem to remember Leia's gown being transparent though. ;)

Jayspawn
10-28-2005, 10:53 PM
BAD NEWS!!!!

The Darth Vader Statue has apparently been pushed back to 1st qtr 2006!!!!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! This was my Christmas present to myself. :upset:

Hellboy
10-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't mind so much. With X-mas just around the corner and considerng the hefty price tag attached to these pieces I wouldn't mind if SS spread out their releases a bit more.

Jayspawn
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah I have to say that my wallet will get a little break for a while. *sigh*

Jayspawn
11-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Sideshow posted this article about the upcoming Premium Format Darth Vader Statue coming out this January (hopefully January)...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=111105vader

Seems Vader went through quite an evolution there.

Hellboy
11-12-2005, 03:09 PM
The statue looks amazing but I'm still not sure I like the length of the Lightsaber. It seems a bit short to me but I'm hoping that it just looks that way in the photos because Vader has his hands placed rather high on the hilt. I was thinking it would have been brought up in that discussion so hopefully its a non issue and my assessment is off.

Great article, thanks for pointing it out Jayspawn.

JHwang
11-15-2005, 01:22 AM
what does everyone think about the new leia that debuted recently? personally, i was somewhat ambivalent about it initially, but after looking at it carefully, i think its really well done.

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 08:24 AM
I think the Leia looks great! I'm booked on orders/preorders well into next year. I might be able to pull off getting one. I'm looking at etailers now.

cffalztar
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
The Jedi luke statue: Sideshow collectibles is an internet based company only right? Reason why I'm asking is because I was curious if this will be offered in stores...and cheaper?

Jayspawn
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM
Not to sound picky, but its a posable doll or figure. Its not a statue.

SOME Sideshow product does make it into stores like comic or collectible shops. In most cases its easier (sometimes cheaper) just to order it someplace online.

BigBadToyStore.com and ActionFigureXpress.com are offering it for cheaper.

Hellboy
11-16-2005, 10:59 PM
cffalztar, Sideshow's exclusive's like the Luke Jedi Knight 12" figure (with Skiff Guard Blaster) are only available through Sideshow Direct. You can however wait until they hit eBay and pick one up there but chances are it will have gained in value by that time, especially with a low production run. You can find the regular versions at many online retailers or possibly at your local comic shop like Jayspawn mentioned but 9 out of 10 times eBay will be the cheapest route if you're patient and take the time to look. :)

Hellboy
11-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Well SS's Exclusive Princess Leia has already sold out. I must admit I am a bit surprised but there are still regular versions available. I'm planning on waiting with this one since I've already got most of my budget filled for awhile. I'll probably pick up the regular version though at some point since the only difference between it and the exclusive is the addition of an Imperial Blaster. I don't think I'd ever pose her with anything other than her Sporting Blaster, it's just more iconic.

Hellboy
11-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Looks like the ship dates on a few of these statues has been pushed back even more. According to SS Han Solo will now be shipping in January and Vader will be shipping in February.

sithisme
11-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Well SS's Exclusive Princess Leia has already sold out. I must admit I am a bit surprised but there are still regular versions available. I'm planning on waiting with this one since I've already got most of my budget filled for awhile. I'll probably pick up the regular version though at some point since the only difference between it and the exclusive is the addition of an Imperial Blaster. I don't think I'd ever pose her with anything other than her Sporting Blaster, it's just more iconic.

looks like you will have to look elsewhere for the regular version. all sold out on sideshow

JON9000
12-01-2005, 11:25 AM
If I were to drop the cash on one of these things, it would definitely be the Leia. The pose captures the character perfectly, and the likeness is truly great. $250 is a lot of dough, though, and enough to give me pause.

The 12 inch line looks promising, and if they were to put out a Boba Fett I would likely drop the cash. I've never really had an urge to get a statue or a 12 inch figure before, but these intrigue me. What I do not like is the freaking production run. I have enough to deal with without making sure I am absolutely on top of release dates in order to make a purchase.

Are the order dates usually listed on SSG's newspage? I haven't really paid attention heretofore. That would help in the future...

Hellboy
12-01-2005, 06:34 PM
looks like you will have to look elsewhere for the regular version. all sold out on sideshow

Yeah I pretty much figured they would sell out. I don't buy anything from Sideshow direct unless its one of their exclusives. I'm content waiting to pick this one up on eBay like I did with Luke and get it much cheaper than retail. Of course I could be wrong and this could turn out to be a hot item but I'm willing to take my chances.

JON9000, with the exception of a few forum members statues aren't really that popular with most of the people who post here so I doubt you'll find much in the way of announcements concerning this line on the SSG newspage, but I could be wrong. Those of us that are interested in these keep this thread updated pretty regularly so I'd just make sure to check back here from time to time and we'll keep you up to speed. :)

JON9000
12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks. I've looked around, and it seems these things sell on the after market for very little mark-up, if any. Hopefully Leia will follow that trend, in case I decide to take the plunge.

Hellboy
12-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I just received an email a few minutes ago from Sideshow with updated production photos of Darth Vader. I'd post the pics but they aren't supposed to be shown to anyone but the customers who have it on pre-order and the page is password protected. According to SS they will be up on the official site in a few days and I highly recommend checking them out as this statue looks incredible. Its the first time its been displayed with the lights working and I'm very very impressed, the detail is unreal and museum quality IMO.

Hellboy
12-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Ah what the hell I'll post one picture. What are they going to do cancel my order. :D

UKWildcat
12-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Dude, that Vader is going to be freakin' sweet! :yes:

Jayspawn
12-02-2005, 09:50 AM
I gt the same coded email Hellboy! I cant wait till January!!!!

Jayspawn
12-24-2005, 05:09 PM
I got another lovely email from Sideshow saying that the Premuim Format Vader Statues are on their way to them and they will be ready and shipping in January. I'm gettin more excited about this piece!!!!

ravi0007
12-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I noticed on SS website that the Han Solo Excl wait list is still open. I managed to get Comic Con Luke and have successfully ordered both Vader and Grievous. I was wondering whether its worth getting Han Excl? Your thoughts on this please :) Thanks

Jayspawn
12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Personally, I like that regular Han better.

Better get out credit cards and bank accounts for Vader to charge this next month!

Hellboy
12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm with Jayspawn on this one, I like the regular Han much better than the exclusive. Not only is it cheaper but IMO its the more iconic version.

Blue2th
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Heads up on this little tidbit. Got a newsletter from Sideshow this morning on what was available etc. Decided to put my name down on the wait list for General Grievous exclusive (with cape) They put me down with a W confirmation number. I checked my e-mail now and I just got confirmed for one with a T confirmation number. Looks like some people are cancelling their orders for these. I know they are expensive but I for one am going to keep mine. So if your looking to get one try the wait list, chances are you could get one easily. :yes:

ravi0007
01-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Congrats Blue2th. I just received my Solo Exclusive and I am very happy abt it. That adds to my Comic Con Luke.

Though painful on the wallet, I am looking forward to both Vader and Grievous :)

Blue2th
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks, It's funny but I got the exclusive Vader with mouse droid that way also by putting myself on the wait list. Though it didn't happen as quickly. Those are the only 2 so far. I do like the looks of the Han Solo. I was all ready to buy an exclusive Grievous on eBay for 580.00. I'd been watching it for a week now. Good thing I waited. I will be paying the same price as one without the cape. Unlike the other 1/4 figures I don't think in this case Grievous would be as good without his exclusive accessory. It's such a big difference without his cape.

ravi0007
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I am glad you waited. Apart from saving money, you got the only version of Grievous that really matters. He looks odd without the cape. I preordered mine the moment it came out. Did the same for Vader too.

Hellboy
01-10-2006, 02:07 PM
The wait list does indeed seem to come through more times than not. I used it for both Vader and Grievous exclusives.

Speaking of Vader I received another email from Sideshow stating that the first wave of shipments are set to go out at the beginning of next month. If you placed your order prior to Jan. 19th '05 you're in the first group otherwise the remaining statues start shipping Feb. 20th. :)

Jayspawn
01-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I got the same email Hellboy! The excitement is starting to grow -thats for sure! Cant wait for that 15 days away email. I need to check and see which Vader shipment I'm in. I should be in the 1st as I got the Exclusive.

Hellboy
01-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I guess SS has revised their split shipment notice. I just received another email that reads:

Orders placed prior to February 19, 2005 are expected to ship the week of February 1st, 2006.

Orders placed from February 19, 2005 and later are expected to begin shipping the week of February 20th, 2006 when we receive our final shipment of these statues.

Unfortunately I still fall into the second wave of shipments.

Jayspawn
01-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Yep, I'm in the 1st shippment! I'll have to get a camera ready for some pictures.

ravi0007
01-12-2006, 04:44 AM
My order is dated 2005-02-19 01:38:27. Looks like I fall in the 2nd wave too

Blue2th
01-12-2006, 08:07 AM
So, If I got my Vader on the "wait list" I wonder which date I will get mine? He is the exclusive with the Mouse Droid. Is the first shipment for the exclusives?

Jayspawn
01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
I was wondering that too Blue2th. I would assume the 1st wave are the exclusives. Since I got the Exclusive and I'm in the 1st shippment.

I need to be looking at a display case that will be able to hold this (and a few others).

Toy Guy
01-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Thought you guys might be interested in this tidbit I stumbled across. Register with NowPlayingMag.com for your chance to win one of two limited edition pieces from Sideshow Collectibles: the Luke Skywalker Star Wars 1:4 Scale Figure or the Tony Montana Scarface 12-inch Famous Personalities Talking Figure.

Currently sold out at Sideshow, the 17" Luke Skywalker figure is the most film-accurate representation of the character ever produced. Sideshow's skilled artists have used their many talents (after studying reference from Lucasfilm's vast archives) in order to bring you a Luke Skywalker collectible that's more than a figure; it's a work of art. This museum quality mixed-media figure is composed of polystone, metal, and expertly tailored clothing, and captures the iconic moment where Luke stares off into the sunsets of Tatooine's twin suns, wondering how he might ever escape from the farm for adventures in the stars.

Go to NowPlayingMag.com for more details and a chance to win today!

Hellboy
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
So, If I got my Vader on the "wait list" I wonder which date I will get mine? He is the exclusive with the Mouse Droid. Is the first shipment for the exclusives?

All you need to do Blue2th is check the day your order was processed. You can do this by logging into your account at Sideshow and viewing your order history. I'd assume since you got one off the wait list you will be in the second wave of shipments like me.

I need to be looking at a display case that will be able to hold this (and a few others).

Its to bad you don't have an IKEA around you Jay because they have a set of cabinets called the DOCENT that fits the 1/4 scale SS statues nicely. The main thing is they look great and are affordable too which is hard to come by when dealing with display cabinets. I included a picture and a link to IKEA so you can check them out. Pretty slick eh?

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeamsSearch?storeId=12&langId=-1&catalogId=null&searchType=product&pageNumber=-1&orderBy=score&query=docent&category=%23%7EProducts

Jayspawn
01-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow! Thats beautiful Hellboy, where did you get that picture????

Jayspawn
01-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Now thats a setup I wouldnt mind having.

Hellboy
01-13-2006, 03:26 PM
The picture was posted by a collector over at Rebelscum and I thought they looked pretty sweet. I'll probably be picking up a few of these for myself to house my Attakus and Sideshow collection since the IKEA DETOLF cabinets we talked about in the GG thread aren't quite big enough for those pieces.

Jayspawn
01-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Now I wish 2 things: That I had an IKEA store near me and 2: That I had the space to build those in.

Jayspawn
01-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Well we're a week+ away from the first waves of Vaders shpping out!

Jayspawn
01-26-2006, 07:06 PM
WWOAH!!! I just got a big 'ol charge on my credit card! I think the Premium Format Darth Vader is shipping!

Hellboy
01-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah I had Sideshow charge my card as well and I thought it was Vader but it turned out to be my X-Men VS. Sentinel statue I had pre-ordered. Apparently they're both shipping a few weeks apart so its going to be an expensive month for me.

Jayspawn
01-28-2006, 09:08 AM
WOOHOOO!!! My PF Vader Statue shipped out yesterday! AND is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, February 1st! Ooohh hoho, I am counting the days.

Hellboy
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
WOOHOOO!!! My PF Vader Statue shipped out yesterday! AND is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, February 1st! Ooohh hoho, I am counting the days.

In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice, "lucky." :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Well anyways, its delivery day and I'm sittin at home waitin for FedEx to show up. Tracking says it weighs 23 pounds! :shocked:

Where are you putting yours up Hellboy? Do you have a spot/case ready for him yet?

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Waiting stinks!

Hellboy
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Where are you putting yours up Hellboy? Do you have a spot/case ready for him yet?

I've already got a spot reserved for him and Obi-Wan when he comes out in one of my larger cabinets which is where I already have my SS Luke displayed. These 1/4 scale statues are big so I hope you have a sizeable area to display yours.

Looks like you'll be getting your Vader way before me Jay since I haven't even been notified that mine is scheduled to ship. :( If you have a camera and don't mind posting some pics I would love to see some after your's arrives. :D

Oh yeah and you're right about waiting, it does suck. :tired:

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 11:19 PM
"You dont know the power of the Dark Side!"

But I do!!!

FedEx dropped off my Premium Format Darth Vader Statue this afternoon. I bought mine from Sideshow Direct and was lucky enough to get the Exclusive w/ Mouse Droid. Since I'm moving I wasnt abel to take hi out of the box but I did open him up and.....WOW! He's the best Darth Vader Collectible EVER made. The quality and craftsmanship is unbelievable! I'll try and get some pictures up in the next few days.

We've all had to wait a LONG time for him to arrive (and some more than others) but believe me, its well worth the wait!

I'm gonna have to stop collecting and focus on purchasing a mansion to put all the collectibles in!

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Here's a Gallery of pictures of the Premium Format Vader from RS....

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Sideshow_Collectibles_Darth_Vader_14_Premium_Forma t_Figure_96856.asp

Dave_Cameron
02-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I saw the pictures of the Vader this morning and it's beautiful. If we only had the money to buy that! I had to pass on the Jedi figures they put out and they aren't even as much money.

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Thats sweet Jay, I can't wait for mine.

How does the Mouse Droid look, quality wise? In the few pictures I've seen it looked kind of cheap but I'm hoping it looks better in person since we're paying more for the Exclusive.

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
You really cant go wrong, the detail is really good. Its kind of a black object on a black base. It does look very cool though.

Jayspawn
02-03-2006, 08:47 AM
I do have to note, that the BOX is very cool looking! Sideshow put some love into the design of the box Vader comes in. One of the best package designs yet!

Blue2th
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow! The electronics are really gonna set this one off. I am very impressed! I can't wait. None of the other 1/4 scale figures have electronics do they?

Hellboy
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
None of the other 1/4 scale figures have electronics do they?

:yes: The upcoming Obi-Wan will have a light up saber as well.

It would've been sweet if they could have got Grievous' 4 sabers to lite up too but I can understand why not considering hiding wires in his frame would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

Blue2th
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I might have to get Ob-Wan then. On the secondadary market, I guess, since I didn't pre-order one from SS. That would be an awsome display of him and Vader. Too bad Greivous isn't electronic, though I'm just happy to get him with his cape.

ravi0007
02-17-2006, 08:34 AM
I might have to get Ob-Wan then. On the secondadary market, I guess, since I didn't pre-order one from SS. That would be an awsome display of him and Vader. Too bad Greivous isn't electronic, though I'm just happy to get him with his cape.

Blue2th, I just had my wait list converted to an order ! There must have been quite a number of cancellations as I only placed myself on the WAIT LIST recently :) I suspect many are gravitating to the 12" line.

I agree TOGETHER, Vader and Obi-wan make an awesome display. Hope you get yours too.

Vaderrules
03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I VISITED STARWARSHOP.COM YESTERDAY AND MANAGED TO SNAG THE LAST VADER EXCLUSIVE THEY HAD, RIGHT AFTER I BOUGHT MINE, IT SAID SOLD OUT. ITS SHIPS TOMORROW THE 3RD, AND I WILL HAVE IT THE 10TH OF MARCH, I CAN'T WAIT, I SAW THESE AT C3 AND THEY WERE AWESOME.

Jayspawn
03-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the boards Vaderrules!

You'll love your Exclusive Vader. I about hit the floor when I got mine opened up. If only I had a place to display him.

theropod
03-07-2006, 02:07 AM
If money wasn't an issue, but you were forced to choose just one line; would you prefer the SS 1/4 scale or GG 1/6 scale statues.

What if it was just Vader?

-theropod

Vaderrules
03-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Well My Sideshow 1/4 Vader arrived 10 minutes ago, and all I can say is WOW, I saw it at C3, but I can definetly see they did some retooling. I guess if I had to choose I would choose Sideshow's 1/4 scale over Gentle Giant's 1/6 IF money weren't an issue,although I buy both currently. Anything Vader I try to get. I still can't believe I snagged one of these exclusive Vader's from Sideshow after just ordering it from StarWarsshop.com on March 1st.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I own both Vader Statues also. I love em both!

Hellboy
03-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I just received my notice from SS that the Exclusive Obi-Wan will be shipping around the beginning of April. :D

AmanaMatt
03-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow, crazy week. I placed a waitlist on both Vader & Obi wan 1/4 scale statues less than two weeks ago at Sideshow (for their exclusive versions) and within a week of doing so, I received an e-mail that both were coverting over to actual orders, which I am stoked for. Now, thinking about that $600 plus charge on my card for both, oh Lord!!! Good thing March is a three paycheck month for me......!

Try the waitlists for those that want the 1/4 scale statues: due to their price, they seem to definitely have declined cards.

Update: I just realized Ben has not yet shipped; I'm glad, my wallet just about screamed when I thought I was paying for both in one month!

mrcrowlley
03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
The Sideshow waitlist is awesome I got a Dr. Doom exclusive off it just a few weeks ago. Never did get the exclusive han though but thats no surprise.

dr_evazan22
03-17-2006, 04:44 PM
In the newsletter from today (might've been last night), they said they found some Han 1/4 scale exclusives in the warehouse. First come, first served.

Hellboy
03-17-2006, 11:15 PM
In the newsletter from today (might've been last night), they said they found some Han 1/4 scale exclusives in the warehouse. First come, first served.

You're better off getting one from eBay at this point unless you like paying full retail. I paid $145 for mine, thats $105 cheaper than buying direct through Sideshow. :greedy:

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Ok, received my 1:4 scale Vader this week, and Wow! Awsome statue. I was able to score the exclusive version with the Mouse Droid and it was bigger than I thought, and heavy too.

At 15 lbs or so, I had to rearrange my cabinet where I have Vader sitting. Sure looks sweet, though. At $350 I would say he is worth the money. My most expensive, single Star Wars collectible, ever.

Have they hinted at another Statue past Leia and the General?

Hellboy
03-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Have they hinted at another Statue past Leia and the General?

Most are speculating that an ESB Boba Fett will be next. If he isn't I'm betting on Lando but unfortunately SS hasn't officially announced anything yet.

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Most are speculating that an ESB Boba Fett will be next. If he isn't I'm betting on Lando but unfortunately SS hasn't officially announced anything yet.

Thanks alot, Hellboy. From a fan interest perspective, I would think ESB Fett would be huge. I dunno, aside from Skiff Lando, Lando is just 'ok' in my book!

I am sure that SS is very, very busy with the 1:6 scale line, now, but Fett would be sweet.

Jayspawn
03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah I'd have to get a Fett too!

Lando would be a great choice too.

Hellboy
03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I just received this notification from SS today. Looks like Obi-Wan is almost here. :thumbsup:

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 1/4 Scale Obi-Wan Kenobi - Sideshow Exclusive (item #71411) from our Star Wars 1:4 Scale Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 5-7 days. We will BEGIN "pre-authorizing" credit cards for this purchase within the next 24 hours. A "pre-auth" is not a direct charge, but is a "hold" of funds pending the shipment of your order. Your credit card will be charged once the item is shipped.

AmanaMatt
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
I got my e-mail too on OBI Wan. Considering I just ordered him this month, I do feel lucky that I scored him at all (let alone the exclusive version, which is great). This piece will look real sharp next to Vader. While I like the Sideshow human statues, old Ben seems the best of the bunch - by far.

mrcrowlley
03-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Yes I would agree that the Old Ben is probably the best looking one out of the humans. I don't think any of them are terrrible though I don't think that anyone can look at any of them and tell me they don't know who it is.

AmanaMatt
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I received my Fedex notice that 1:4 scale Obi-Wan is shipping. I should have mine by 4/1

Hellboy
03-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I received my Fedex notice that 1:4 scale Obi-Wan is shipping. I should have mine by 4/1

Thats cool Amanamatt. :thumbsup: Be sure to post some comments when he arrives. I'm really interested to see how he looks in person.

I got mine off the Waiting List so I'm not expecting to get it right away but hopefully I get my notice soon. I've already got a spot reserved for him next to Vader.

Samuel Windu
03-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Take a first look at PF Obi-Wan Kenbi Pics:shocked:

Pics 1 (http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=5877&sid=ec93d0a6f9d3520708c8a0418c948f62)

Pics 2 (http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=5875)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hellboy
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Received my FedEx shipping notice today. Looks like I should have mine in hand by 4/4. :pleased:

AmanaMatt
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the pics!. Is there really no wire in the hood of the cloak? I like it overall, just looks like the hood is a bit shabby.

JON9000
09-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Whew, just picked the non-exclusive version up for a cool $164. It's a good chunk of change, but man, she is so awesome I just had to get her!!!

JON9000
09-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Leia came in the mail yesterday. She's pretty big, and looks amazing. One of these days I'll have to at least see Vader and Grievous. They must be pretty immense!

I can't wait for April and my GG Leia.

Jayspawn
09-29-2006, 12:09 PM
She's a fine statue too. Dont have one in person yet -almost caved a few times.

I have Boba Fett on order and am trying not to get many more becuase of the large amount of space they take up. Of course, I'd totally give in if they made Count Dooku or Darth Sidious/Palpatine as a 1:4 figure.

Hellboy
09-29-2006, 09:36 PM
I received my Leia last week and I'm extremely impressed. :pleased:

Initially I was going to pass on the Exclusive but the Imperial blaster started to grow on me and I gave in. To my surprise the magnetic arm joint works great. Her gown is a bit wrinkled though and in the coming weeks I think I'll attempt to iron it. She definitely looks amazing displayed next to Han and Luke.

JON9000
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I received my Leia last week and I'm extremely impressed. :pleased:

Initially I was going to pass on the Exclusive but the Imperial blaster started to grow on me and I gave in. To my surprise the magnetic arm joint works great. Her gown is a bit wrinkled though and in the coming weeks I think I'll attempt to iron it. She definitely looks amazing displayed next to Han and Luke.

I'm waiting until I have a decent iron that doesn't lose water all over the place!

dr_evazan22
10-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I might end up cancelling my SS Excl Dagobah Luke so that I then might not have to cancel my order for MR Falcon. I hope I can earn enough thru overtime this Xmas.