PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a cheap Imperial Shuttle?

DarthAngel
08-01-2005, 01:42 AM
I am not sure if this has been addressed in another thread before, and if so, I apologize but here goes.

Does anyone know where I can find the saga version of the Imperial Shuttle for less than $150? Most of the places I have looked (both online and local comic book shops) want anywhere from $155 to almost $200. It is one of the last few ships that I want to get for my collection.

I appreciate any help given. Thanks in Advance!

Slicker
08-01-2005, 04:06 AM
The questions is does it matter if it's loose or MIB? If you want it MIB then you're gonna have to unfortunately pay the $150 which isn't bad seeing as it originally sold for a little over $100 anyways. If you want it loose you could always buy a vintage one. They can be had for a decent price.

Bacta Beast
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
I understand your predicament. That is also the only piece I don't have, and I hated the fact that Hasbro gave it to FAO, and that Kay-Bees only had it online. Otherwise I would probably own one by now! I know it doesn't help now, but when Kay-Bees had them they marked them down to around $60 or $70 on more than one occasion.

DarthAngel
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Normally Slicker, since I put my collection out for display, it wouldn't matter if it was MIB, and I actually had considered getting a loose vintage one. However when I saw a vintage one at my local comic book shop, it had a POTF2 Tie Pilot seated in the cockpit along with a loose scanning crew figure (the one that was packed in with the Falcon carrying case) and in my opinion it looked absolutely horrible.

Bacta I absolutely agree with you, sometimes Hasblow doesn't always think things through with some of their exclusives (here is a perfect example). I never even knew that KB toys had the left over stock of the FAO stores. Then again the closest FAO to me is in Manhattan, and I am sure that there are a lot of KB toys that were a lot closer to FAO than the 2 that are near my house.

I checked out ebay, and the only one that I found, while it was cheap, it was in very poor condition (missing pieces, teeth marks from a dog, broken landing gear, you get the idea). The only other place that I know of that has what I am looking for, is BriansToys, but the last time I checked they were asking for something like $160 (and that is not including shipping).

Slicker, Bacta I thank you both for your help,and if either of you, or anyone else out there knows of any websites that are decently priced that could help too.

Reefer Shark
08-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah man, I think you're just gonna have to keep an eye on ebay for this one.

I was one of the lucky ones that managed to snag one off KB.com for $60, but that price didn't last too long.... Honestly though, I don't think the ship is worth any more than that. If I hadn't stumbled across the KB clearance, I probably wouldn't have one now.

Turbowars
08-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh come on, when the wings are down it looks like it's worth the $120 I spent on it.:p

maatu
08-31-2005, 10:31 PM
i want to get that piece. also the queen's ship. toyrus use to have tons of these and then they all disappeared. me want one ..

DarkArtist
09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
I would try KayBee toys they had them marked down to $50 and might stil have a few on their website for sale. The only other option I can think of is ebay and look for it loose, you might get lucky and score a vintage one over the saga edition one.
Another option is to buy perhaps a shuttle missing pieces and then look for the arts online. Sometimes you can find a semi-complete one for under $30 and get another semi for around the same price, this way you could have one complete and one for custom.