PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book, Third Edition

master J
08-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen this book? If so, are all figures up to ROTS pictured in this book? I was hoping this book was like the action figure achive that Sansweet released.

JediCole
08-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen this book? If so, are all figures up to ROTS pictured in this book? I was hoping this book was like the action figure achive that Sansweet released.

Not only have I seen it, I own a copy (as well as the First and Second Editions). This book is not like the Sansweet book in that his book only featured the Star Wars figures produced up to press time, the Super Collector's Wishbook is the single most comprehensive guide to all things Star Wars (merchandise anyway).

With over 400 pages, this book has listings, prices, and in many cases color photographs of every Star Wars licensed (and even many unlicensed) products produced that were known to the author by press time. However, I suspect that LucasFilm was keeping a tight lid on Revenge of the Sith as there is no coverage of these toys at all in the Third Edition. So we will have to wait for the Fourth Edition for those figures. However, in addition to featuring the better part of the Hasbro Star Wars releases from POTF2 to the pre-ROTS Vintage collections boxed and carded, the Fourth Edition has a section showing these figures loose as well, much like in the Sansweet book.

I have the good fortune of having met Geoffrey Carlton (the book's author) several years ago and saw the First Ediiton in galley form about six months before it went to press! In the years that have passed I've had the further good fortune to get to know him personally and Mrs. JediCole and I were even invited to the release party for the Third Edition! He and I were even scheduled to host a Star Wars collecting panel at All-Con 2005 in Dallas back in February.

I'm told that in each edition he tries to do something a little different and changes up the photo content (there is not room in the book for photos of every singel item, but it does contain over 13,000 color images none the less! This outing it was the loose figure pictures. He is considering loose playset images for the Fourth Edition.

If anyone is seeking a copy I can get them for about $24.00 plus shipping (cover price is $29.95) and can probably get it autographed for you. I hope this helps. Sadly we have to wait a little longer to get the ROTS product in the Super Collector's Wishbook.

master J
08-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I will definitely pick up a copy then, thanks!