PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone...

ApolloBoy
08-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi, I'm ApolloBoy (obviously) and I've been collecting Micro Machines (both Star Trek and Star Wars) ever since I was 5 years old. Now first, I want to know what the Episode 1 sets 14-16 included and I was also wondering if anyone has any replacement wings for the HMS Bounty (I lost my original ones years ago). Thanks! :)

SWAFMAN
08-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Welcome AB! I'd ask BC3 about the elusive EP1 MM sets. (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/need.htm). As for the Bounty wings, maybe our resident "bounty hunter" could help? Eh, VT? ;)

In the mean time, establish your bona fides by posting - and better still, helping/trading with the other members.

Good luck on your searches.

vulcantouch
08-03-2005, 12:17 AM
(garak to sisko, DS9 ep "second skin" ;) )
oh sure swaffy, pawn it off on me ;) hms k-bop wings? oh, is That all? why not an angel's wings while we're at it, they should be about as e-z to catch ;)
roger wingwant, ab; lost yours eh? as often as i prefer to attach em backwards (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11699) maybe it's lucky i ain't lost mine eh ;) offhand i don't recall anyone else here still seeking hms (aside from baal & b'jr, who'll both take as many xtras as they can get) but it still might be a while, considering it's one of the five most-sought galoob stmms (along w/sailor, array, kaztorp & ent-e; if you already got those, good for you- hope you didn't get scalped too badly in the process). on the other hand "ask and ye shall recieve" has happened surprisingly often when people've turned to me for impossibles, so not all hope may be unwarranted :) any other mm wants? meanwhile if you got any scifi mm ship xtras you'd be willing to part with feel free to list em in case i run across an hms owner who can be persuaded to trade :)
bc3's site is pretty thorough; it used to have pics of protos/testshots of e1 14-16 but they don't seem to be there now. i made printups of em at the time so i can try to dig em up & list contents if you wish :) iirc one had mawhonic pod, one had a bd troop carrier, one had a tf battleship etc; too bad they never came out eh :p
meanwhile how'd you find this saloon? and tell us about your collecting history; open everything? any memorable bargains worth braggin about? do you collect any other mms besides st & sw (aliens, b5 etc)? personally, if it's an inexpensive, well-done scifi ship anywhere near mm size, i go after it- along w/a few dozen figs, & other misc. items that sport an mm-like impeccableness. the "fashion" pix can give you an idear of my collecting focus, in case interested :)
vt

ApolloBoy
08-03-2005, 01:55 AM
OK, I'll list my collection (in the way of vehicles)...

Star Trek
Sets 1-14 (I'm waiting for set 14 to come in the mail)
The exclusives from Limited Edition sets 1 & 2

Star Wars
Sets 1-13
Episode 1 sets 2 & 4
Epic Collections 1-3
All of the SOTE sets
AF Snowspeeder
AF AT-AT
AF Imperial Shuttle
AF B-Wing
AF X-Wing
AF Y-Wing
AF Twin-Pod Cloud Car
AF Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (battle-damaged)
All of the Podracer sets
The Desert Skiff from the Tatooine playset
The Imperial Landing Craft (needs wings) and the S-Swoop from the Jabba transforming head playset

All of them have been opened (except ST set 14, of course), and I don't collect any other sci-fi MM sets. I do have tons of MM cars, though. And here's what I'm looking for...

Star Trek
Sets 15 & 16
The Klingon BOP from the Generations set
The Ent-E

Star Wars
Sets 14 & 15
Epic Collection sets 4-6 (A guy can dream, can't I?)
Shuttle Tydirium
The Skipray Blastboat

JediGoofy
08-03-2005, 05:10 AM
Hi AB,
here you can find the pictures of the 3 sets XIV-XVI. :)

E1 MM collections XI-XIII were hard to find (I have to thank bc3 for those! :D ), but these ones I think are really impossible to find (maybe some former Galoob employee may have them), at least I never heard of anyone who got these (not even bc3 afaik :eek: ).

Even if these sets are “lost”, if you are interested in the vehicles you can find the MM Droid Fighter in the Galactic Dogfight MM Platform Action Set, a good replacement for the Trade Federation Battleship in the Hallmark ornament Battle of Naboo Set (from 2001), and the only known representation of the Battle Droid Carrier in the LEGO set 7126. :nerv:

Hope this helps. :classic:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. Unfortunately I cannot help you about the HMS Bounty wings, sorry.

LTBasker
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
(garak to sisko, DS9 ep "second skin" ;) )
oh sure swaffy, pawn it off on me ;) hms k-bop wings? oh, is That all? why not an angel's wings while we're at it, they should be about as e-z to catch ;)

An angel might be easier, last auction I saw for an HMS was around $127 (and it was the only thing in the auction), didn't watch what it ended for though. This seems to have spawned some people putting up their HMSes as now there are two lone HMS auctions, ones at $50-something, the other at $99.

ApolloBoy, what you might want to do is search for micromachine auctions that have misc stuff, sometimes they have random parts in them. Though I'd say you have actually a better chance of getting a whole one than just the wings.

offhand i don't recall anyone else here still seeking hms

Did JT get one or stop looking?

vulcantouch
08-04-2005, 12:47 AM
"Did JT get one"
-i'll, uh, let him answer that one :cool:

apb: "sw Sets 14 & 15 Klingon BOP from the Generations set Shuttle Tydirium Skipray Blastboat Imperial Landing Craft (needs wings) and the S-Swoop from the Jabba transforming head playset"
-while others you list would take time (& faith), should be easy to hook you up with these; some via deesale (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=26170&page=2&pp=38), some o-o-p via local pal b'jr (http://r2toyforce.net/sabretooth.htm); it sounds like you don't care if they're o-o-p, which might help :)

jg: "E1 MM collections XI-XIII were hard to find"
-these too are available, either via deesale or via trade w/b'jr :)

"you can find. . . good replacement for"
-and here's (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9632) proof (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9802) :cool:
vt

ApolloBoy
08-13-2005, 02:13 AM
I just got the Generations BOP and the Tydirium, so I don't need those anymore.