PDA

View Full Version : Lucas talks TV Shows!

Battle Droid
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
From, http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10626

Variety says George Lucas addressed 4,000 computer pros at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference and tradeshow in Los Angeles on Monday. He confirmed that Lucasfilm is already at work on the two "Star Wars" TV series.

The first is a 3-D animated "Clone Wars" series that will be made at Lucas Animation's Singapore facility. He said he'll start scouring Asia for talent and try to build up 3-D animation there. "It's also a way for me to get my foot into anime, which I like," Lucas said.

For the live-action series, he said, "we're going do something that would normally cost ($20 million-$30 million) and try to do it for $1 million," citing The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as one show where he was able to stretch his production budget.

He said he'll shoot the series on a Sony digital camera system that anyone can buy at an electronics store.

JimJamBonds
08-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Giddy up mesa likes! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kidhuman
08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
SOunds good. Anime style. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

kool-aid killer
08-02-2005, 11:47 AM
So the animated Clone Wars series wont look the same as the original we had gotten? Heres an idea for Lucas, he can use actual set pieces frequently throughout the television show to save money. Maybe move some things here and there to create the appearance of a different location. Too bad it doesnt appear to say what all the story will revolve around.

decadentdave
08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I was hoping it would be photo-real computer animation, something along the lines of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

El Chuxter
08-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I was hoping it would be photo-real computer animation, something along the lines of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Who's to say it isn't? That's some really realistic CG, but the characters still look to be anime-based.

DarkArtist
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't know if I would like the idea of CG, think I would prefer live actors to be in the show similar to Star Trek. Plus since the show takes place after ROTS it would be a great way to have more scenes with Takin and Mon Mothma plus since these actors weren't really scene on the big scene it might be a way for us to see them at least on the small screen.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2005, 01:53 PM
I don't know if I would like the idea of CG, think I would prefer live actors to be in the show similar to Star Trek. Plus since the show takes place after ROTS it would be a great way to have more scenes with Takin and Mon Mothma plus since these actors weren't really scene on the big scene it might be a way for us to see them at least on the small screen.
They are doing a live-action show that takes place after ROTS, in addition to the CG Clone Wars show. It says so right at the top of this page.