PDA

View Full Version : What's this "Not Quite ROTS" line?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Lately, many items have appeared with the orange Star Wars logo but no "Revenge of the Sith" or lava. For instance, there's the Evolutions sets, Battlepacks, 500th Vader, repackaged Millennium Falcon, and new TIE Fighter. Why didn't they just put some of this stuff on the new Saga 2 packaging? Is this supposed to be like the POTC stuff of earlier this year? And will the 12 "new" figures be on a card like this or the actual ROTS card?

jjreason
08-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I think this should be unofficially known as the CTP (cheap transitional packaging) line. :D

I think it looks pretty good though, to be honest.

Captain Spoon
08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
or how about the RHB (Re-hashed Bull****) line

beckmen
08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, the new TIE Fighter comes with a POTF2 Pilot. What up wit dat? Should have been a new sculpt or something...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the new TIE Fighter comes with a POTF2 Pilot. What up wit dat? Should have been a new sculpt or something...
That's not definite though; the picture we saw was likely just a prototype. Apparently the back of the box shows the much better Saga version, so maybe we'll get that with it instead?

I also like most of this packaging, but on the vehicles it just doesn't cut it for me. They don't even advertise anything else on the back of those boxes! It seemed that they wanted to do something new but didn't want to commit to TSC quite yet, so they just removed the "ROTS" and lava graphics, resulting in something very odd-looking.

Turbowars
08-03-2005, 07:27 PM
or how about the RHB (Re-hashed Bull****) lineI don't know about you guys, but I'm totally leaning towards Spoon's RHB, it has a subtle sound to it, but yet powerful. ;)