PDA

View Full Version : Question about inserted Autograph cards

stonecold
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I am interested in knowing what you all feel is the chance that the inserted autographed cards are authentic, and more importantly, if the ones bought on eBay are authentic. They seem very difficult to duplicate, so I am hoping that in itself is evidence of their authenticity.
Also, would you buy these inserted autographs from dealers who also sell tons of auto's of big-name celebs?

2-1B
08-04-2005, 04:26 AM
I've bought pack inserted auto cards on eBay and the ones I've purchased, I'm confident they are authentic . . . it would be tough to replicate the kinds of cards I bought, and really even if somebody could fake them I don't think it would be worth the time put into it because they aren't going to make a huge profit.

As to the other question, I'd have to hear more of what you are talking about . . . but in general I think that if somebody is going to make money by forging big name celebs' autographs, they can make much more money forging them on 8x10s and not making these really detailed replica trading cards.

OC47150
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I am interested in knowing what you all feel is the chance that the inserted autographed cards are authentic, and more importantly, if the ones bought on eBay are authentic. They seem very difficult to duplicate, so I am hoping that in itself is evidence of their authenticity.
Also, would you buy these inserted autographs from dealers who also sell tons of auto's of big-name celebs?

I think there's no question about the auto card's authenticity. Topps wouldn't risk its reputation by forging signatures. The company's been in business too long (and connected with SW too long) to risk it.

Would I buy? Couple of factors to weigh: depends on the price, depends on the autograph, depends on the dealer.

I personally don't own an auto card. I do have sketch cards, which, IMO, are cooler.

2-1B
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm the opposite. While I do love the sketches (well, many of them), I prefer autograph cards. lol