PDA

View Full Version : Space: Above and Beyond on DVD

Mandalorian Candidat
08-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I was dinking around on thedigitalbits.com and came across a blurb about Space: Above and Beyond coming out on DVD (Best Buy only) in October. This is pretty good news for me since I thought this show was just great. Kind of a 90's version of Battlestar Gal. but with way better f/x. Plus it used to be on the same night as X-Files during its heyday. I never caught the ending of the series cause it was on sporadically towards the end of the run and Fox never put out any reruns.

Anyone have any more info on this?

digitalbits link (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa107.html#fev)

OC47150
08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I enjoyed this show. Too bad Fox didn't give it more of a chance.

My only complaint with the show was it didn't know what to really do with the characters. Were they pilots or infantry? Their mission from week to week kept changing.

My favorite episode was with Hawkins (?) on the special operations/sniper mission. There were only 20 - 30 words of diologue.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm glad to see someone else liked this show. I always see the guy who played the tank sergeant and the carrier commander in other shows.

You're right on about their roles. One week they'd be in a squadron, the next week they were some kind of seal unit doing infantry-type recon.

I dug the episode with the Johnny Cash music where the new drill sergeant flies into the black hole. Don't remember a whole lot, just that it was a great show.

OC47150
08-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I dug the episode with the Johnny Cash music where the new drill sergeant flies into the black hole. Don't remember a whole lot, just that it was a great show.

Burnin' Ring of Fire! It's weird what little things you remember.

Was that the pancakes into space episode?

Who could forget Vansen and her pouty lips?