PDA

View Full Version : Tycho needs your help.

Pages : 1 [2]

Hellboy
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Right on Tycho!! :thumbsup:

Nice to have you back, you gave us all quite a scare there. I suppose I can change my "get well soon" 'tar now. :pleased:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Fantastic to see your words again Tycho.

This thread needs some kind of musical accompaniment - but I'm not thinking of Star wars music - I'm thinking more of the triumphal return music by James Horner from the end of Apollo 13.

How about "Also Sprach Zarathustra", followed by the Welcome Back Kotter theme? :D

Glad to see you back on the forums.

InsaneJediGirl
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Welcome back Tycho. Good to "see" you once more. :D

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Does this mean you'll be wanting your Avatar back? I will change mine soon, now that you are on the road to recovery!
I changed mine back when I heard he was getting out of ICU, it was getting too confusing seeing Tycho's 'tar everywhere, including in my own posts. The sentiment remained.

Shouldn't we be hearing the ANH medal ceremony music in this? It's the most apt.

plasticfetish
09-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Tycho (Josh), very glad to see you back in action. Keep getting better and let us know how you're doing... it's the least you can do since you turned us all into a bunch of sobbing, worried old women with this thing. ;)

The 'Xir
09-06-2005, 12:01 PM
AWWWWW YYEAAAAHHH BABY!!! :thumbsup:

Good to see yeah back Josh! Orli Shoshan, and Amy Allen say hello as well and can't wait to give you,your own private sponge bath. :lipsrseal ok maybe not but hopefully there's a couple of nurses there that will fit the bill.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I just realized, were gonna have to change our slogan.

WHAT HAPPENS @ ALVARADO MC STAYS @ ALVARDO MC!!!

Hey! In all seriousness though I'm glad to hear your doing better and it's GREAT to see ya on the boards again, but as much as we'd like to have ya back, don't rush recovery, do everything those cute little nurses tell ya :whip: and we'll see ya back when your 100%

Take care buddy, and see ya soon!
MTFBW Mouse droids... Always! The 'Xir(Brent) :)

El Chuxter
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
No one's made the "nice to see you fully functional again" statement yet? :eek:

Very nice to see you back, Tycho Doggy Dogg. :)

JON9000
09-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Glad to see you are back on top of your game. You sound strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Glad to see you are back on top of your game. You sound strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark!
Dammit, I was just about to say that. :D

So nice to have you back again! Post more as soon as you can!

Tycho
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
I got a second chance. I'd like to arrange a 501st / SSG / RS / GH / TFN etc trip to Louisiana / Mississippi and so forth to help. It may be a little while until I can do a lot of work, but this kind of thing makes you appreciate the 2nd chances you get. If someone here works with the Reserves or National Guard we should volunteer under an organized command structure, but if we can save for stuff like C3 and such, we can stay at a hotel or even a shelter and just do what they tell us and still make a difference. Coming out of this I realize I got a lot luckier than a lot of people in the South did.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2005, 07:52 PM
You have brought balance to The Force.n ... uh, I mean, Sir Steve's.com. :p Now come and take your rightful place and your journey towards the Mouse Smell will be complete!

Seriously, great to have you back, Tycho. I give you an Arrr!-out :Pirate: (i.e. a shout out from a buccaneer)

Joshkj
09-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Woot great to have you back, I bet you sensed the internet from a mile away ;), You really got that many clones WOOT!, I still have your shirt so tell me where to send it TYCHES BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Droid
09-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Welcome back, Tycho! I am so glad that you are back and doing well.

SirSteve
09-07-2005, 09:19 AM
I got a second chance. I'd like to arrange a 501st / SSG / RS / GH / TFN etc trip to Louisiana / Mississippi and so forth to help. It may be a little while until I can do a lot of work, but this kind of thing makes you appreciate the 2nd chances you get. If someone here works with the Reserves or National Guard we should volunteer under an organized command structure, but if we can save for stuff like C3 and such, we can stay at a hotel or even a shelter and just do what they tell us and still make a difference. Coming out of this I realize I got a lot luckier than a lot of people in the South did.

There he is! We are going to start running some banner ads for the Hurricane Katrina Relief fund. It's a start at least.... Give me a call when you can or leave me a number where I can contact you.

Kidhuman
09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Steve here is Tychos contact info for his room, I called him there last week.

Alvarado Hospital Medical Center/SDRI
6645 Alvarado Road
Room 202B
San Diego, CA 92120
619-286-7374 (Hospital number)

Just ask for him by name and they will xfer you to his room.

Bobby Fett
09-07-2005, 08:39 PM
It's about time you got back on the boards! (Although I did enjoy my dial-up connection working so much faster without your voluminous posts. ;) )

eFXAmy
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi Josh!

It is so great to see you back again! We have all been thinking of you and praying for you to make a speedy recovery.

Amy

Tycho
09-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Amy, thank you so much for the flowers and for Master Replicas showing they care so much! I was really impressed!

bobafrett
09-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Josh, did you get that thing I sent you?

Tycho
09-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I think so. Was it you action figure trading card? (like your avitar?)

I got a lot of Mouse Droids and Clone Troopers so those are a little confused.

JediTricks
09-10-2005, 03:14 AM
Josh, did you get that thing I sent you?
Tycho, I suspect frett is making a reference to the Adult Swim show, "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law", where one of the firm's other lawers is cartoon character Peter Pottamus whose catchphrase has become "ya get that thing I sent ya?"... either that, or frett is making a creepy reference to some sort of smutty gift he doesn't want the rest of us to know about. ;)

bobafrett
09-10-2005, 11:37 PM
I think so. Was it you action figure trading card? (like your avitar?)
I got a lot of Mouse Droids and Clone Troopers so those are a little confused.

Yes sir, that would be me, and that is me in my armor on the front, and back of the card. :pleased:

So have they given you a release date?

Tycho, I suspect frett is making a reference to the Adult Swim show, "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law", where one of the firm's other lawers is cartoon character Peter Pottamus whose catchphrase has become "ya get that thing I sent ya?"... either that, or frett is making a creepy reference to some sort of smutty gift he doesn't want the rest of us to know about. ;)

Yes, it is one of a few lines I can actually remember, I think it's because they use small words! :D I sent Josh a trading card that I had made. Actually there were 100 different cards in series 1 of different 501st members. They were handing these out at CIII, well those who attended with their cards. Some of the guys also sponsored celebrity cards, of which I have had Jeremy Bulloch and Ray Park sign their cards. I only have one of each of those cards.

Tycho
09-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes. I did get it and it is a nice one-of-a-kind memory from C3 as well as your friendship. I've been released and have all my cards and gifts from everyone in my drawer by my nightstand. I am seriously thankful for all everyone did for me while I underwent this.

Slicker
09-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Well, it's good to hear that your home Josh. Now you can take it easy and have the significant other wait on you hand and foot.:whip:

Tycho
09-11-2005, 06:16 AM
She's picking me up in a little while to take me on my errands. I'm not cleared to drive by the DMV for a little while. It's actually kind of sweet. Her help that is....

Kidhuman
09-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Glad you are out Tycho and back home. Got your cats and I know you feel much better in the home. How did the fake Target ailse rehab work out for you? Must have been the clincher to send you home. :D :beard to you Tycho

Droid
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Glad you're home, Tycho.

Take it easy.

mastermatt24
09-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Thats great that you're home, have fun while it lasts! ;)

Bacta Beast
09-12-2005, 12:38 AM
:thumbsup: Welcome back Tycho!!!!

LusiferSam
09-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Tycho, good to see your back up and around again. Hope your doing well and your recovery continues to go smooth.

Tonysmo
09-12-2005, 05:08 AM
*virtual hug*

welcome back brotha. welcome back..

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I bet it's good to be home for you again. Do you need any information on what's out now as far as figures go?

Tycho
09-13-2005, 01:33 AM
I'll need to find that Sith Evolutions pack, but our Syndicate should handle that without much trouble.

I'm buying:

12 Special Ops (501st) repaints of #41
1 or 2 Grees
1 Bly
1 Holo Plo Koon

That's it. Don't think much has hit while I've been out of the game. My friends brought me Coruscant shocktroopers and Mustafar Warriors to the hospital. How cool is that?

In other news I went to the movies tonight and saw Revenge of the Sith for my 9th 0r 10th tiime. It made me feel really good!:thumbsup:

mastermatt24
09-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Did you laugh at all during the movie? ;) :crazed:

Tycho
09-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Actually when all the Mouse Droids fled Darth Vader before the Separatists' slaughter, I considered them turning on a "Knight Rider" turbo boost and hauling butt up Nute Gunray's nose.

Dar' Argol
09-13-2005, 11:51 PM
TYCHO!!!! Its good to . . uh . . read you again!!! Couldn't keep you down for long huh?

You know, funny thing I was talking to JP today and I mentioned about this thread. I said when I first say the title "Tycho needs your help." I thought on of his displays fell on him and he was burried under 1500 Storn Troopers and a couple thousand Imperial Officers.:D

Good to see though you are doing better. Been thinking about you bud!

JediTricks
09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
In other news I went to the movies tonight and saw Revenge of the Sith for my 9th 0r 10th tiime. It made me feel really good!Sounds like the right prescription, nothing too taxing on your brain. ;) Seriously though, glad you were able to go out and have a good time, kinda surprised the flick is playing still though.

Hey, you need the hook-up on the new TIE Fighter? I know you own the old ones and that you generally don't swap out figures for superior versions, but the "old TIE vs new TIE" is like "no TIE vs new TIE". I can keep an eye peeled for one if you need.

sith_killer_99
09-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Tycho,

It's so good to see you fully functional!

I've been away for some time, but poped in now and again to try to get updates on how you were doing. We were all pretty worried.

I just posted on a few threads in the Pit. I hope to see you in there soon.

If you need anything, LMK. I have had a lot of luck catching up on what I missed while I was away and have extras of the re-paints and plenty of Clones, especially #41. LOL;)

Tycho
09-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I have to thank you guys, but they didn't fix that part of my brain that helps me see the superiority of the new TIE fighter.... Of course I haven't seen it in the store yet.

sith_killer_99
09-14-2005, 11:16 PM
I like the larger wings, but $40.00! Yikes! I paid $20.00 for the basic TIE Fighter, there's no way these things justify a 100% mark up.

With that said, I bought one.;)

JediTricks
09-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Whaaa??? Did you at least check out my review? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31764
Didja see the comparison pics? The old wings make it look like some chibi happy meal toy. :p

Let us know what you think when you see it in person.

plasticfetish
09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Tycho needs your help... in deciding to buy the new TIE Fighter.

:)

Hey Tycho!

I've gotta admit, I just saw one for the first time yesterday, and it looks pretty cool. But yeah, the $40 price kind of hurts. (I don't really hate the old TIE, so I suppose I'm in no rush to get the new one.)

ew2seal
09-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Get well Tycho, I see your name here at the forums since I registered. I only post on occasion but I check the web site everyday. Until lately. I wonder where u went. So get better.

JediTricks
09-16-2005, 02:03 AM
I've talked with Tycho about this sort of thing before, I don't believe his excuse is financial, not the man who bought a dozen ROTS Obi-Wan #1s. ;) His concern is that he thinks he already has enough TIE Fighters from the previous version and doesn't believe this one is superior enough to warrant picking up more, he almost never replaces figures or vehicles in his displays even when it's like POTF2 Dagobah Luke vs OTC Dagobah Luke. I'm telling you guys, Tycho is a madman! :p

JEDIpartner
09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Should we have an official "Welcome back to SSG" thread for him... :)

Tonywankenobi
09-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I think thats a great idea. Im glad your back tyco and doing better. I know I dont post much but I have been checking to see that you were doing better.
I did read about your b p needs not to get high. Well its kind of hard if you have good looking nurses around you.

Darth Cruel
09-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Great to know your at home and recovering nicely , Tycho. WB to the forums!

El Chuxter
09-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, what I really want to know: do you need our help, or is the title of this thread completely misleading? :p

:crazed:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, what I really want to know: do you need our help, or is the title of this thread completely misleading? :p

:crazed:Well, H.E.L.P is an acronym for "Human Emotional Lessons Passed-on," since he needs such stories. Maybe that's what was intended. :bored: ;)

mabudonicus
09-18-2005, 07:20 AM
ALSO an acronym for dr. H enrys E mergency L essons for P eople
Sorry I'm so late on the "welcome back" to ya Tycho, but truly Welcome Back :beard:
Your tale gave us all quite a scare Bro, glad to see your posts growing a little bit longer each day :D

bobafrett
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
ALSO an acronym for dr. H enrys E mergency L essons for P eople
Sorry I'm so late on the "welcome back" to ya Tycho, but truly Welcome Back :beard:
Your tale gave us all quite a scare Bro, glad to see your posts growing a little bit longer each day :D

Before you know it, he will be typing up his page long posts one why mouse droids smell better than the other droids.

Tycho
09-19-2005, 02:21 AM
There's a simple explanation for that: Hasbro changed the plastic used between 2001 and thereafter. Trust me. I would know. 01's on the green cards are the best.

jedi-cpa
09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Good to see you are doing well.

bobafrett
09-20-2005, 12:42 AM
There's a simple explanation for that: Hasbro changed the plastic used between 2001 and thereafter. Trust me. I would know. 01's on the green cards are the best.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :D :lipsrseal