PDA

View Full Version : Tycho needs your help.

Pages : [1] 2

Jaster
08-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Hello all,

I'm here to ask that you please take a minute of your day to say a little prayer for my good friend Josh (you guys all know him as Tycho) as he finds himself in the hospital today in serious condition. And although he isn't a religious man, I know he could really use a little help from up above and his friends.

I'm new here, but I 've been freinds with Josh for a number of years now and I know he has a lot of freinds here. I'll try to update on his condition as soon I get back from the hospital. Thanks.

Bosskman
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I will. Tycho, I hope you're alright.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
OMG!! Please keep us posted!!

JOSH, MY THOUGHTS AND GOOD VIBES ARE WITH YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!!

I'm worried but I know you will be alright! You WILL get better soon...you have armies to build damnit!

BIG HUGS

Bec :)

SirSteve
08-04-2005, 05:26 PM
I was holding out on posting something until I knew an address to send flowers and what-not. I will update you as soon as we have more information.

He is in our prayers...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh wow, that's horrible! What happened? Tycho, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

El Chuxter
08-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Tycho, if you can read this, I'm praying for you. If you can't, well, I'm still praying for you.

Get well soon, bud.

Slicker
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Definitely keep us posted on his condition. I hope it's not serious whatever it is and I'll definitely be thinking of you Josh.

darthvyn
08-04-2005, 07:01 PM
mouse droid addiction is hard to kick...

i'm sorry, but i know if he's reading this that made him laugh... and that's the best medicine.

hope to hear the "all's well" real soon! we're all pulling for you!

Rocketboy
08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Get well soon Tycho!
This place won't be the same until you're back!

JON9000
08-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Please send Tycho my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Although he is in serious condition, I sincerely hope that it is not too serious!

Please keep us posted. :(

InsaneJediGirl
08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
All my best for a speedy recovery to you Tycho.I'll keep you in my thoughts

Get well soon :)

JetsAndHeels
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
My thoughts are with Tycho. I hope you get well very soon.

Bobby Fett
08-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.

Get well soon!

CaptainSolo1138
08-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Damn, that's horrible news. Best of luck, Josh. Can't wait to see one of your loooong lists again! :)

JimJamBonds
08-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Get well Tycho!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Tycho is now at the top of the prayer-chain, I hope that he recovers.

Kidhuman
08-05-2005, 01:01 AM
WOw, shocking news. Hope all is well and Gods speed to a quick recovery.

jjreason
08-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Having just met him for the first time last month, I can say out and out that Josh seemed like a really great guy. I enjoyed meeting him and his girlfriend very much, and would look forward to spending some more time with him down the road, if the opportunity were to present itself.

Whatever happened, Tycho, please do your best to get better soon. We're all pulling for you.

figrin bran
08-05-2005, 02:14 AM
oh mannn, just the other day he was trying to contact us LA area SSG'ers about getting together. Tycho, you too are at the top of my prayer chain. Get well soon!

DarthBrandon
08-05-2005, 03:18 AM
Sorry to hear of the bad news, get well soon my friend. saying a few prayers for you now.

TC & Peace

B

Captain Spoon
08-05-2005, 07:31 AM
that is horrible news, get well soon !! our prayers will be with you

mabudonicus
08-05-2005, 07:52 AM
I will send as much positive energy as I can. I truly hope that whatever the case, it is swiftly remedied for the better. :beard: to Tycho, man, we are all pulling for you.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
All of our thoughts, prayers, energies and love are with you, brother Tycho! From what I understand, you probably aren't able to join us on the site to see how much we all care about you. I believe that somehow all of these "messages" we are sending your way will reach you.

Don't give up the fight. We're all around you... with you in any way that we can be.

Much love to you, friend...

pegger
08-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Just adding more positive thoughts and prayers to the group....

We're pulling for you...

Val Da Car
08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
All of my prayers and thoughts are with you, Tycho at this time of need.

I saw the posting over at GH and I know that even they are pulling for you.

Battle Droid
08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh man, I hope he'll be alright. :(

Beast
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Galactic Hunter just posted that he suffered an brain aneurysm, and is in critical condition in intensive care. I hope he pulls through. He was a pain in the butt sometimes, but he was a good guy. My thoughts are with him, and I hope that he recovers. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droid
08-05-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm new here, but I 've been freinds with Josh for a number of years now and I know he has a lot of freinds here. I'll try to update on his condition as soon I get back from the hospital. Thanks.

I am heart sick about this. I always love trading posts with Tycho. He is perhaps my favorite personality here at this site. Star Wars aside, he has such a big heart and really cares about others.

Jaster, please let Tycho's family know how much he means to all of us. (Does he have family with him right now?) Perhaps once it is appropriate you could print out all of our posts in this thread and take them to Tycho.

Please keep us posted.

May the Force Be With You, Josh.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Josh and his new "pal" Brandy in Indianapolis. 24 April 2005...

Slicker
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm rocking my new Tycho-atar much like my bro, CS1138. Everyone is free to join it on it.

Battle Droid
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Going to do that.

Slicker
08-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Here's the little article from GH.

Thoughts And Prayers For A Friend
8/5/2005 7:01:18 AM | Reported by Mike (Mike@galactichunter.com)
I just found out this morning that Josh Weiselberg, a friend and fellow collector here in San Diego, suffered a brain aneurysm earlier this week and is currently in intensive care. Josh has been active in the online collector community as a comic book and poll editor for SirStevesGuide.com (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/) (he goes by the name of "Tycho"). As the situation looks currently critical, we ask our readers to keep him in their thoughts and prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Fluke Skywalker
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I just saw this over at GH. I was totally stunned. I can't say that I "Know" Tycho, but it's hard not to know of him if you use this board for any length of time.

Though it seems we are often on different sides of various things, I have always been impressed by his knowledge, passion and most of all the sincere effort that he puts into this community.

He has earned a place at the top of my prayers and I join everyone in wishing him the best and speediest of recovories.

Droid
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I have never had an avatar before, but I think it would be great if we all did this.

El Chuxter
08-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Wow. Just wow. And not a happy "wow" of surprise, but a "wow" of completely floored shock.

I got to hang out for a bit with Tycho at Comic Con just a couple of weeks ago, and he seemed quite healthy then, so it's almost unfathomable that he's suffered an anuerysm. A car accident or something along those lines would be no less disturbing, but a bit easier to swallow.

Josh, I hope you're able to read this very soon, and know that (even if sometimes we just skim your posts because they're hella long) we all love you here. Everyone's praying for you, and you need to fully recover soon, because as long as you're in the hospital, the lack of your immense army building purchases could be throwing the entire economy of southern California off-balance!

Just trying to make you laugh, but, seriously, get well soon.

QLD
08-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Man, this is horrible. I may have never seen eye to eye with Tycho on many things, however that never stopped me from thinking he was a heckuva guy. Plus, I got to meet him in Indianapois, and he is a super nice guy. I certainly hope he gets back on his feet again very soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you buddy!

TheDarthVader
08-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I just now read this post. Good luck Tycho, Josh. My thoughts are with you.

B.
TDV

Ji'dai
08-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I hope you get better Josh, I know you'll be in my thoughts. These forums won't be quite the same without you so here's to a speedy recovery with the hope you'll be back on your feet and strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Tycho,

I hope you get better soon and have no permanent problems. I feel for you man. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Dustin Roberts
08-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Josh,

Godspeed to a quick and healthy recovery . . .

You're in our thoughts and prayers . . .

Kidhuman
08-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow, that is shocking. I too have my my differences with Tycho, but that never stopped us from being collectors. We have treaded and PM'd about many things and always worked out. My day is saddened by this. I only hope that when I return to the boards on MOnday that I can read he is out and about snatching up 6 million red clones for me and the boys.

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I am Darren, a friend of Josh's from San Diego and here is what has happened and what is going on:

Tuesday night Josh was working out when he had a seizure and collapsed. As he collapsed he hit his head, which ended up being a good thing since it was because of the head injury that they found the aneurysm. Had he not had the head injury they wouldn't have done CT scan.

The problem with the aneurysm was that it was in a very bad part of the brain but it was operable and they did that Wednesday night. However, because of that location in the brain there is a chance of possible disabilities after surgery.

The surgery was a success but as they gave him the first battery of tests he only passed about 1/3 of them. They were hoping for closer to 60-70%. The doctors said that that may not be a problem as each person recovers differently and they will know more after then next battery of tests.

As of now, Josh is in a drug induced coma for recovery purposes which they bring him in and out of to run tests. I have not heard anything as of today about how any new tests have gone but once I hear more I will keep you posted.

He is at Mercy hospital in Hillcrest (part of SD) with his grandparents and uncle with him. His parents have already passed on. As per requests from his uncle, they just want visitors limited to family members only until the time is right for visits from friends.

I wish I could give you better news but hopfully when I hear more it will be the better news we are hoping for.

Please keep Josh in your thoughts and prayers.

Kenobi
08-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the update Darren.

Tycho, you are in my thoughts and prayers buddy. I hope you get well soon.

Kidhuman
08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Darren, please keep us posted on any news.

El Chuxter
08-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Darren, I really appreciate the update. Although it's certainly not the best news, it seems better than no news at the moment. If you learn more, please keep us posted.

Slicker
08-05-2005, 02:09 PM
It's good to have an update on Josh. He needs to get back on the prowl or Stinky Headphones Guy is gonna clean house.:p

dindae
08-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Tycho my thoughts are with you. The boards would not be the same without you as is evident by the outpouring of support that others have already posted here.

CaptainSolo1138
08-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks alot, Darren. The update is appreciated by all of us!

Hellboy
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Oh man, this is terrible news. I really don't know what to say, I'm just floored. :(

I'm leaving town for the weekend and I won't have internet access and I know this is going to be on my mind until I can return to check on how he is doing. Heres to hoping Josh makes a speedy recovery and you're definitely in my thoughts buddy.

Droid
08-05-2005, 02:25 PM
It really says a lot about Tycho that so many people from around the country (and maybe even world) are so worried about him. I hope Tycho and his family know how many friends Josh has.

Darren, thanks so much for keeping us updated. Please let us know anything else you find out.

I'm like Hellboy. I know I'm going to be wanting to check the internet every five minutes this weekend to see if there is any more news. I haven't been able to get much done at work today because I keep thinking about this.

Trip J
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
So the aneurysim didn't rupture? That might be the best possible news of all.

I've always been more of a lurker than an active poster, but nevertheless, best wishes for a full, and speedy recovery Josh!

SirSteve
08-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I was just informed he is asking (writing) about his cats and stuff so this is good... will let you know if I find out anything more.

Kidhuman
08-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Thats good. At least he is concious and can do certain things. Bright light at the end of the tunnel.

darthinwah
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey Josh,

I met you at CIII. You were right behind me in line in the cold and rain at 6 a.m. for the Lucas presentation. We sat next to each other and you are a good guy.

You gave me your card and I saw the post on RebelScum. I was hoping the name did not match but it did. I registered for SSG so I hope you get this message.

Get well soon and keep on Army building.....

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
I met Josh too at Celebration III and I remember well his energy, knowledge and his ability to organize the group. I am saddened to hear the news, regarding the seriousness of this condition, and hope that the road to recovery is smooth and speedy. Knowing what I know about Josh, he is going to get better as fast as he can, knowing that others are grabbing the army-building figures meant for him.

waboritas
08-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Get well soon!

JediTricks
08-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I haven't been able to post in this thread until now because I just don't know what to say, how to say it. I think Josh knows we're all pulling for him. He's never been too far from our community and in turn, we haven't been too far from him. He and I have had big fights on occasion, but he's still a good guy... for the most part. ;) (a little humor as levity)

When Steve called me early Wednesday and told me what had happened to him, I was in shock, I had just heard from him on the forums that day and even had a PM he sent me not long before his seizure - I hadn't read it at that time simply because I hadn't been back on the forums, it was just business as usual, casual like we had all the time in the world - he talked about coming back to my side of town on Thursday and hanging out, I had been too busy to hang out on Monday when he first in my neck of the woods, but Tuesday morning he told me about the good time he had that night so I didn't feel too bad about it... little did anybody know that later that evening he'd be in the hospital.

We need Tycho to get better, he may be a fringe looney collector which I've been reminding him of lately :p (more levity) but he's a big part of our collecting community, and I don't just mean SSG, I mean us Star Wars collectors on the internet, so I know we're all pulling for him to make a full and speedy recovery.

jedi-cpa
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I am SO sad right now...I have not been on the sight in over a week and to see this SUCKS!!!

Thanks to Darren for the update, and please keep us posted on everything you can.

I will be earnestly praying for him everyday.

I have so many other things in my mind...and I just can't express them. Everyone say a prayer please.

jedi master sal
08-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm one of the "What happens in Indy stays in Indy-Tycho" bunch. I've known him for at least 5 years but got to meet him for the first time in Indy at C3. We're fellow army builders and I wish him all the best.

Tycho what happens at the hospital stays at the hospital!

Speedy recovery and MTFBWY!!!!
-Sal

Umbra
08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
MAy i request that the get well tycho avatar be uploaded to the general gallery so those of us that cant have custom avataars can still express our wishes?

LTBasker
08-05-2005, 03:50 PM
This was really tragic news to hear, good to see he could be ok though. I can't believe something like that would happen to him, he's only in his twenties isn't he?...

I hope he makes a full recovery as the forums would definitely not be the same without him. I knew his mind was too active.

JetsAndHeels
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Best wishes to Tycho. I pray he makes a quick and successful recovery.

Earlier this week I was upset that I could not find any newer figures; now I realize that things could always be worse. Kind of puts things in perspective.
You are in our prayers my friend.

Sean the Hutt
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Get well Tycho, The San Diego docs are great, just relax and recover. Hope to see you here in the forums soon

darthvyn
08-05-2005, 05:00 PM
it's gonna be mighty confusing with all the "get well soon tycho" 'tars, so i'm in!

thanks for the updates, friends of josh. it's good to hear he's able to communicate - that's a good sign, even if the first battery of tests wasn't great. he'll pull through - there's a whole bunch of scenes he's going to have to recreate what with the two star wars tv shows and all...

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks to Darren, SirSteve, and others with the updates. As was said earlier, bad news isn't good, but it is news. Hope the future news is better, saying that Josh himself is better.

Tycho is the only SSGer I have actually met and talked to (I'm sure I've seen others of you at various events, just didn't recognize you without an avatar). Knowledgeable, polite, fun; all appropriate adjectives. I'd trade places with you, Tycho, if I could, but instead I'll pass along prayers and positive thoughts as we all are doing.

Vortex
08-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Wow...well here's to you Tycho. Hope its just a matter of quick and full recovery from this point on.

(Joke time) I always knew all those political facts and issues were bad for ya...might wanna lay off for a while lol - could have been a political\mouse droid overload...plastic fumes and rhetoric don't mix well.

But best of luck and we're all pulling for ya...

Jaster
08-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey guys

Just to elaborate on Steve's post, Josh is Responsive and is able to write to some degree. The problem is, everytime Josh sees anybody his vitals start to get a little excited so they have him under pretty heavy medicaton to keep him sleeping as to keep his vitals steady. I'm planning on going tomorow if possible and I'll let you guys know more, Hopefully with more positive news.

plasticfetish
08-05-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure what to say. I'm stunned. (My internet's been down and I'm seeing the avatars for the first time.)

I'd just like to echo what JT said about him being a big part of this community in general and a really good guy. I met him at Comic-Con last year and immediately understood the "Tycho" thing to be his online self... his way of mixing things up around here and having fun. I've never been excactly sure what part of his posts were serious or what part were a complete put-on, but that's why I always look forward to his next post. (Sometimes they make me groan... but what-the-heck. ;) )

Josh, my best to you. I'm already looking forward to seeing you at Comic-Con next year. I'll be here waiting to hear more news.

El Chuxter
08-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm quite relieved to hear that he has the presence of mind to ask about his cats. There's still a long way to go, but at least I can sign off for the weekend knowing that he's currently well enough mentally to be concerned about them and able to communicate that fact.

Jaster (or anyone else for that matter), if you're able to see him this weekend, be sure to pass along all our best wishes.

Droid
08-05-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm planning on going tomorow if possible and I'll let you guys know more, Hopefully with more positive news.

Whenever he's ready, take him a printout of this thread. It'll be like getting a bunch of cards...

Jaster
08-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Way ahead of you guys! I know it will mean the world to him that you all care so much. Like a true Star Wars geek I will bring him the new Insider that came out today;) and some print outs. I expect the visit to be short but I will pass along everybody's prayers and well wishes. Also a personal thanks from me to all of you for the prayers. TTYS

Beast
08-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Just no taking any Mouse Droids to him. He needs to cut out the M.D. habit for a while. ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ROTJLuke
08-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Get well soon!

Deoxyribonucleic
08-05-2005, 07:58 PM
God I feel horrible...Josh called me the other day (Tuesday I think) to get together with him and a bunch of other LA ssger's because he was up in Hollywood and I never called him back!! It just goes to show, don't delay...be with people you care about NOW and do things with them NOW!

I miss you Josh and I had a helluva time with you in San Diego. The con would not have been complete without seeing you there and sitting in on some star wars panels...and sitting in that LONG LONG line together for the Masquerade. :) PLease forgive me for not returning your call sooner, I'm ever so bad at such things.

And please know that I care for you very very much and all the powers within me are all reserved for your fast and full recovery!

Many big bear hugs my friend!

Becky :)

:kiss:

gsr-jedi
08-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Wow, just wow. When I read this over at RS, the name didn't click, but when I saw "Tycho", I said "no, it can't be" and re-read it and sure enough it was unfortunately true. I didn't really know him, but I did get a chance to say hi at last year's comic-con. This is truly sad news.

I hope you get better Josh.

How could a bunch of SW geeks not tell you "May the Force Be With You"

Michael

Rocketboy
08-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Great news to hear T's making some progress!
Praying for tons more!

And as requested, here's the Get Well avatar.

Tycho, get well and do it fast!
I'm so used to just glancing at the avatar to see who said what that this is getting confusing! :D

Old Fossil
08-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Tycho's posts are nearly always positive and encouraging. Hope that positive energy comes back to you now, Tycho. Get well soon, you will! :)

PloKoon2385
08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Although I don't really know you, it almost feels like I do with all of the wonderful things that have been said about you. You are one of the names that I recognize. I hope that your recovery is swift and that we see you here soon.

darthzirock
08-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Tycho, with all the positive energy flowing your way right now, you just might be able to do that Jedi mind trick thing on the nurses and get a few extra sponge-baths! Like the others, I'm sending much positive energy your way, and hope you are soon back to your old Mouse Droid-chasing habits.

DarthQuack
08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I just found out about this and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family and friends. We're all wanting you back here on the forums where you belong. God bless.

Banthaholic
08-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Man, I was just surfing the net when I found out. From my first visits to SSG Tycho has always been a part of what makes this site great. While his viewpoints sometimes contradict, they are always well thought out and articulated and I respect that. I will keep you in my prayers, God bless, with the next 12 coming out there is plenty of army building to do.

Clonetrooper630
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Wow I'm spechless...:(
Here's to a quick recovery, hope to see your post prety soon

tagmac
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I was shocked to see the news about Tycho. Just wanna send out get well wishes, and hope to see you posting on the board again soon.

AmanaMatt
08-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Very upsetting news. He is in my prayers.

mrmforceX
08-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker here, but many of you will know me from the GH and RS boards.
I HAD to register, to put in my thoughts and prayers for Josh. Though I don't normally hang out with him, I have had the pleasure of running into him SEVERAL times during my hunts over the last 5 or so years.
I must say, Josh is one of the most generous collectors out there and a GREAT guy. I remember a certain incident back during the SAGA days, we were both hunting at the same KB (in Mission Valley) and they got in one case of new figures. The case had 2 figures I needed to be caught up. Josh was getting ready to purchase them when I made a friendly comment that he beat me to the last 2 figures that I needed. He quickly and without a second thought handed the figures over to me and said that he would rather me have them so that I could be caught up! GREAT GUY.

I just ran into him a few weeks ago at a Wal Mart where we chatted for a good 1/2 hour and he gave me the scoop on which stores in the area had new items. I scored several new things that day thanks to his tips.

I am saddened by the fact that I have not taken more time to get to know him, and I pray that a speedy recovery will give me the opportunity.

Josh when you read this, shoot me an e-mail or PM so that we can chat.

Speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
May the Force Be With You!

Michael

mark2d2
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Egads. It's been a week of bad news. I just learned that one of my favorite babysitters as a child died of a brain tumor, and now this.

Like many of you, I know Tycho only casually. Only on the forums. I think we may have pm-ed one another once or twice, but that's it. Even so, I always found him to be an amusing personality. I sure hope we hear some good news and soon. Special thanks to his friend that has been posting here.

Hang in there, Tycho. Hang in there! The force is with You.

jedibear
08-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Had the pleasure of meeting tycho at comiccon a few years back...his enthusiasm for SW collecting knows no bounds and I've always enjoyed his posts here on these boards.

here's to reading more from you around here real soon, tycho...

May the force be with you....

jedibear

kool-aid killer
08-06-2005, 01:28 AM
This is sad to read through, i admit i avoided this thread simply because i didnt want to know that something could be horribly wrong. Get well Josh/Tycho, i look forward to reading one of your neverending ( :D ) posts again sometime soon.

dr_evazan22
08-06-2005, 02:28 AM
I stopped at RS first before coming here and was floored....

I can only echo everyone else's wishes for a full and speedy recovery for you Josh.

I hope that you are just having a False Sickness, and that the test results were False Negatives. Those in the Sith Collectors Club would do well to learn Plagius' secrets for midichlorian manipulation. Before I made it all the way thru the thread I too had thought of having Brandy send her best wishes - I'm glad you got to it first JEDIpartnr, as I'm a couple days behind right now. While your still in the ICU I hope your nurses aren't too good looking, so as to not upset your vitals too much. As you get your strength back tho, then some hotter nurses can come in for sponge baths and massages. Maybe news and images of the new exclusive Droid packs at EE will help you out.

Josh - Your in my thoughts, and you have my best wishes for a full, speedy, and complete recovery.

Ari

xavier311_max
08-06-2005, 02:44 AM
Get Well And God Speed My Freind...
The Force Is Strong In You I Know It.

mastermatt24
08-06-2005, 03:09 AM
I dont know what to say... :(

All I know is that you HAVE to get better....

Darkness Shroud
08-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Get well my friend. My prayers are with you.

CooLJoE
08-06-2005, 05:17 AM
Wow, I'm late to getting this news. I can't believe this has happened. :(

Tycho, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Get better!

Jedi Drew
08-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Get well soon, You are in my Prayer's.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Best wishes to you, Tycho. Hope you get better soon.

Darth Malevolen
08-06-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm brand new to this forum and I heard what happened. I don't know Tycho, but hopefully will get to know him in the near future. God bless you man and may the force be with you!:D

CaptainSolo1138
08-06-2005, 01:13 PM
WHEN Tycho gets back on these boards he'll be proud of us: It only took ten pages and 97 posts, but we're getting close to matching the length of his "Background characters from Mos Espa Hasbro MUST make" list. :p

I appreciate the updates, fellas. Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear Josh is doing better and making some progress.

God bless, bro.

DarkArtist
08-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery Tycho, These forums won't be the same without you. Get well so you can rant with your fellow Star Wars Buddies.

scruffziller
08-06-2005, 02:33 PM
We need to smuggle in some fresh mouse droids into the hospital. That will be a sure fire cure.:D

Get well Tycho. My prayers are with you.:zzz:

rust
08-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I read that Tycho suffered a brain anuerysm on the Scum and got here as quick as I could...

Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone, I just got back from seeing Josh and have to say I have some better news.

I went with another friend of his, Dexter, and as approached his bed he was able to recognize us and wave. While we were there, he was talking with us, so that is very good news. His nurse said he doesn't remember the past two weeks so he was really foggy when talking about what happened and who has come to see him and everything. He is still pretty well drugged so he was very drowsy while we were there. He did tell us that he does have a splitting headache, but who wouldn't with someone just getting done poking around your brain.

His memory seems to be good as he asked his uncle to bring him the SW novel he was reading before the accident. He even asked if the new Aayla Secura Holo figure/wave was out yet, because as he said "he didn't have those yet". So even in the hospital, figure hunting is still priority one! LOL We assured him that he hadn't missed them and if he had, we would take care of it for him. We even quizzed him to see if he remembered his "Han Solo is a clone theory" and he said he did, so that's good.

We also told him about this thread and he was surprised and wanted me to thank all of you for him.

All in all, the visit went well but it looks like he'll be there for about a month. So I will keep you informed with the info I get. He is still far from better so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again

DarthQuack
08-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the update. I couldn't help but smile when he asked if the wave had come out yet and the part about his Uncle bringing him his SW book. Prayers are still being said for a safe recovery.

Joshkj
08-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Wow thats great news, I was up last night thinking about something I could send him, so If he wants anything just tell us!

mastermatt24
08-06-2005, 05:52 PM
His memory seems to be good as he asked his uncle to bring him the SW novel he was reading before the accident.
Thanks for the good news! If his uncle was wondering he was reading The Cestus Decpetion.. But I think he should take him a better book! :p

Battle Droid
08-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Good to hear, I hope he's back with us as soon as possible. :D

Devo
08-06-2005, 06:29 PM
My apologies I was posting in the toys section in total ignorance of this shocking news. It was only when I happened to glance at Rebelscum in a seperate window that I saw the article.

However I've read this entire thread (normally I don't have the patience to wade through so many pages, glad I did in this case) and wish to add my own words of regret at what has happened to Tycho and hope for his recovery.

His is a boardname that everyone quickly becomes familiar with upon joining SirStevesGuide.com. His knowledge and passion for this particular hobby is great to behold. Whenever his posts have spoken of life away from the boards and starwars collecting you can see that he approaches other aspects of life with the same enthusiasm. I truly hope Tycho gets back to posting here as soon as he can.

Regards from a fellow Star Wars nut in Ireland! :)

Bacta Beast
08-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Hello all,

I'm here to ask that you please take a minute of your day to say a little prayer for my good friend Josh (you guys all know him as Tycho) as he finds himself in the hospital today in serious condition. And although he isn't a religious man, I know he could really use a little help from up above and his friends.

Just a note, Tycho told me once in a PM that he does believe in God. God bless Tycho, hope you get better soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I just noticed all of the "Get Well Tycho" avatars which led me to this thread. Having read through the entire thread, it sounds like you are doing better. Here's hoping you continue to get better so you can get back to figure hunting like the rest of us. In the meantime, if you are able to read your Star Wars novels, you can make a lot of headway in your quest to read all of the Star Wars books in chronological order.

Best wishes and may the Force be with you.

General_Grievous
08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Just came back to the forums today and I read this horrible news. But thankfully, he's getting better. Even though I don't know him that well, I've always admired Tycho's lists of "characters from the saga that should be made into figures". He had hundreds of characters listed! Hopefully we'll see many more of these lists. Get well soon, Tycho, and May the Force be with you. :)

JediBoulton
08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
To Tycho --

A man with always a kind word to say -- but a quick wit about him :)
We are thinking about you right now and a few moments from now --
You are a wonderful person and a better Jedi than us all put together...

May the force be with you !!! -- Get well soon, my friend !!! :(

figrin bran
08-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the updates on Tycho. when you guys visit him, remind him he has that self imposed challenge to uphold! ;)

My grandma had a brain aneurysm (sp?) a couple of years ago and it took about a month to a month and a half for her recovery so Tycho looks to be on course. i'll continue to offer up prayers for him in the meantime.

bobafrett
08-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Wow, I haven't posted here for a couple of days, only to return to find out this news. :cry: As I read through the pages here, I see that Josh is doing better. :) This is good news seeing as I am getting ready to get some sleep. :o I hope to read and hear about continued improvements in this young mans condition.

Josh, I think we have enough prayers heading up not to be heard, you are in my prayers.

gsr-jedi
08-07-2005, 01:18 AM
that's great to hear the good news, hearing that he asked about the new wave had me laughing, but it's definitely a good thing. Hope to see you back soon, man.

mastermatt24
08-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Anyone have an address for tycho so we can send him tons of fanmail and make him feel good? :D

Slicker
08-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Damn all of these Tycho-atars! When I'm looking through old threads I see 'em and expect to see a long rambling post and instead it's myself or someone else with a one liner.

I sure as hell ain't giving up my Tycho-atar until he's better though.;)

Tonysmo
08-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Damn, this stinks. I just read this and was almost in tears. thankfully I read through all the updates and know the Force is strong with this one.

seriously get well quick dude. A Tycho-less forum would suck.

Im prayin for you brotha.

*no Force pinchin the nurses!*

rassmguy
08-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Tycho, although we didn't know each other personally, I've been reading these boards long enough to respect you as a "name" here. This is truly horrible news, and I look forward to the news that you're doing better.

Sincerely,
Rich Handley

Darth Cruel
08-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm glad to hear you are getting better, Tycho. And I hope you are able to actually read this thread soon! Maybe Disco can help there. Here is hoping a fast recovery for you!

Dom
08-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Wow have been reading this for a few days. I always heard his name about.I can remember seeing it lots over the years in various forums

I have been praying for him and his family, since I read the post on GH.

All I can say is miracles happen. A similar thing happened to me 2 months ago, my Mum went into hospital with what we thought was a urine infection, next thing we know its sceptercemia and she was on life support. Never been so scared in my life, but as I type this now she is sat down watching TV at home, happy as a Jawa in a droid factory.

The one thing I learned from it all was the people that you care about are not to be taken for granted, so give them an extra hug or a kiss next time you see them.

Maybe somebody should organise a collection for him, so that he has some stuff to look forward too when he is at home.

and Tycho when you read this, you should be really proud that you are such a great guy, that you have touched so many lives through out the world. Your spirit is so strong to do that, we all know you will be back on these boards in no time.

Tonywankenobi
08-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Tycho get well, We will all be waiting for your return. Get well and we will keep you in our hearts. minds, and prayers. I have never met you but just reading all the nice things people have to say about you tells me that you are a great person.

LusiferSam
08-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Man, I'm just at a lost for words. The suddenness of something like aneurysm is shocking and terrifying. Well, Tycho get well soon. In the mean time enjoy your meds. :D

dr_evazan22
08-07-2005, 12:02 PM
WHEN Tycho gets back on these boards he'll be proud of us: It only took ten pages and 97 posts, but we're getting close to matching the length of his "Background characters from Mos Espa Hasbro MUST make" list. :p

I appreciate the updates, fellas. Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear Josh is doing better and making some progress.

God bless, bro.

One of the reasons Josh is well liked and respected is because he is a good advocate for our(SW collecting) community. When I first went to meet him at C3 he was talking with the head Hasbro SW guy getting information about what is coming, and also passing along a list of fig's and toys that the fans would like to see made.

Garth Algar
08-07-2005, 03:50 PM
as a tribute to tycho and all his wacky conspiracy theories, let's speculate on what "REALLY" happened to him........

it seems his belief that osama bin laden was really a CIA agent and that the president and his father planned and carried out the 9-11 attacks were apparently too close to the truth.

while sitting in his living room, and wearing his pod racer T shirt, i think tycho was doing a little "remote veiwing" to find out osama's location, but bin laden, the expert remote viewer he is, detected tycho was closing in on his location and double remote viewed tycho, causing a blood vessel in his brain to bust.

cue x files music.....

Deoxyribonucleic
08-07-2005, 04:05 PM
THanks for the update you guys...it's GREAT to know that he's on his way to recovery!

Again, you are in my thoughts and good vibes my friend! :)

Droid
08-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Damn all of these Tycho-atars! When I'm looking through old threads I see 'em and expect to see a long rambling post and instead it's myself or someone else with a one liner.

I sure as hell ain't giving up my Tycho-atar until he's better though.;)

I agree it is confusing having all of this "get well soon Tycho" avatars. Everytime I see one, for a brief second I get excited that Tycho is back. But I'm with you Slicker, I am keeping this avatar until I read a post from Tycho himself telling us he is back.

Though I wish this had never happened, it is nice for Tycho that soon he will probably be able to read all of these posts. It seems most people never take the time to tell someone how much he or she means to them while there is still time. I am glad Tycho is going to know how we all feel.

I'm glad he is doing better, so I can make a joke. I kind of wonder if he's hiding in the hospital to force himself to keep his pledge to buy less figures until Hasbro makes the ones he wants. :D

Whoever is out in his part of the country, make sure to get the figures he wants for him. I wish the Entertainment Earth droid packs were already out so we could all chip in and have someone take them to him at the hospital!

JON9000
08-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Howdy, how's the metal band?

Thankfully, it sounds like Tycho is going to be alright. I hope there will be no lingering effects. It is kind of amazing how much you find you care about people you never actually met, merely converse with on a website for childrens' toys.

It just goes to show that you should not take life for granted, for even those of us who are in perfect health could have something random happen to us.

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Keep your eyes one the prize folks. Remember why we are doing this.

As far as getting Tycho new figures goes, he is well taken care of by the SD Toy Syndicate.

Thanks for all the kind words. :)

2-1B
08-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Stay strong Tycho and good luck in your fight toward a full recovery. :)

OC47150
08-08-2005, 07:53 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Josh and his family.

Tim

JEDIpartner
08-08-2005, 08:27 AM
You can send Josh a card via this address:

Josh Weiselberg
c/o Scripps Mercy Hospital
Surgical ICU
4077 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103

You'd better be quick about it 'cos I'm really hoping he gets to go home soon.

Sebulba_Fett
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm a little behind on the news. Just checked the forums after a long weekend only to find out this terrible news. I'm glad to hear that Tycho is on the up and up though from the sound of things.

Although, I don't know you personally, I feel like I do. You have always been a constant presence on this site, and even though I have only been an active member for a year and a half, I have been reading the forums for much longer than that. I've even had the pleasure of replying to some of your "eccentric" threads. I hope you the speediest of recoveries and you will most definately be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless!

mastermatt24
08-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the address JP. :D

eFXAmy
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to let Josh know that we are all thinking of and praying for him. I had the honor of hanging out with Josh at CIII and Comic-Con and I can honestly say he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. It is still hard to believe this has happened but I am so glad to know he is recovering.

Josh, please get well soon. We still have to make up for the dinner we didn't get to have at Comic-Con.

Best wishes,

Amy and the whole Master Replicas Family

Slicker
08-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the address JP. :DI second that. I'll have to go and find the stupidest card possible now.:D

Reefer Shark
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm very happy to hear of Josh's progress. What happened to Tycho is horrible, but it is nice to see our community get together and give support to a fellow fan/collector in his time of need.

How can you not get better Tycho, you've got about a million people praying for you!

jjreason
08-08-2005, 01:19 PM
What happened to Tyhco is scary, and eerily reminiscent of what happened to a cop buddy of mine about 5 years ago - he was lifting a desk at work and keeled over. The surgeons removed a "malformation" of blood vessels from his brain, which caused Jason to have partial vision and partial paralysis on the left side of his body for nearly 2 years.

The good news? He has recovered 100% and has resumed operational work. The ability of the surgeons to do this delicate work nowadays is absolutely remarkable.

Tycho, keep your chin up. With any luck you won't have any residual effects from the aneurysm and subsequent surgery.... but if you do, please don't get down. There's a great chance that you'll be back to your old self in no time flat!

El Chuxter
08-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I was telling my wife about Tycho Friday evening (she's met him on a couple of occasions) and she reminded me that my father-in-law suffered a serious aneurysm a few years before I'd met her and he has since made a full recovery. She'd mentioned it before, but since there's no way to tell at this point, I'd completely forgotten.

Hang in there, Tycho. Looking forward to your latest comments on the unique odors of all the forthcoming figures. :)

JEDIpartner
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
No probs on the addy. I called the hospital on Saturday morning on my way to the gym and didn't get a chance to do anything with it until this morning. Since I had it with me, I thought I'd pass it along. They were really nice at the hospital so I can assure you he is getting good care there.

Rocketboy
08-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I second that. I'll have to go and find the stupidest card possible now.:DThat's what I'm talkin' about!

bobafrett
08-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Thank You JP, I will be mailing Josh an autographed trading card of "me", that and a get well card.

Dialogus
08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Hold on man, you're one hell of a SW fan around here for sure, I always enjoy reading your posts!!

Best wishes & God bless u Tych'

Kidhuman
08-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Man, while away for the weekend, I kept thinking about Josh. I am glad to read that he is making progress and I too laughed at the request for books and wondering if waves came out yet. SOunds like he is on the way to a full recovery. God bless Tycho, and I wont stop praying for you unitl you get home and hunt down those figures.

Thanks for the addy JP, gonna have to shoot him out a get well card over the next few days.

Jaster
08-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Just a quick update,

I saw Josh yesterday and he doing well. His long term memory seems to be intact but his short term is what he is having trouble with. He is in good spirits and wanted me to thank eveyone for their support, he said that he was blessed that he has so many good freinds. The staff is taking real good care of him and he has a nurse who is real easy on the eyes, I can tell he'll be back to good ol Josh real soon.

mastermatt24
08-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Thats great news... I couldnt imagine losing my memory. :(
Please tell Josh that he should expect something in a little while. :)

Kidhuman
08-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks Jaster for the update.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
The staff is taking real good care of him and he has a nurse who is real easy on the eyes, I can tell he'll be back to good ol Josh real soon.

Hehe lol lol lol

That sounds like the man I know! You ol' LOOKIE LOU Tycho ;)

:kiss:

DarthQuack
08-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks again for the update Jaster, he is still in our thoughts and prayers. Send that nurse my way when she finishes with him. :nerv:

JEDIpartner
08-09-2005, 07:55 AM
...he has a nurse who is real easy on the eyes.

Knowing Josh, he probably would rather have a nurse who is just real easy. Period.

:D

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-09-2005, 08:12 AM
he has a nurse who is real easy on the eyes, I can tell he'll be back to good ol Josh real soon.

Hmmmmmmm, sounds like what he said while I was there. Dexter asked if he knew his nurse's name, Josh replied, "yeah, she's really cute too". LOL

He must be feeling better!

jedi-cpa
08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
We need to imagine what that nurse would say if she knew there were a bunch of star wars geeks on a message board on the internet talking about her...

I just found the visual very comical.

Whask
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I rarely post here but I just wanted to send my best wishes to Josh... (Hey Josh it's Jim)

I met Josh about 5 or 6 years ago through a mutual friend and he's a great guy. Josh, Steve, my buddy and I hang out every year at SD Comic Con every year and I'm looking forward to it again next year, so get well soon Josh!

mastermatt24
08-09-2005, 07:09 PM
I made Josh a little present today- if you want to see it: http://photobucket.com/albums/b250/mastermatt24/Art/
Im going to send it to him tomorrow.. he better still be there!! :nerv: ;)

DarthQuack
08-09-2005, 07:25 PM
You drew that in just one day??

mastermatt24
08-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Yep- drew it last night and painted it today. It may be hard to tell but its only 4x5. (I didnt want to send him something giant)

Kidhuman
08-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Matt thats awesome. Just hope the paint dries before Tycho starts huffing it.

bobafrett
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I sent Josh a card, plus I autographed one of my trading cards for him, but a mousedroid painting? That Rocks!!!!!!

Josh, just a request, please stay in your room, til all your cards and paintings and such arrive!

JediTricks
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Dexter asked if he knew his nurse's name, Josh replied, "yeah, she's really cute too". LOLHa! Classic and classy. ;) Maybe while he's still under their care, they should neuter him for the good of the fairer sex. :p

mastermatt24
08-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Matt thats awesome. Just hope the paint dries before Tycho starts huffing it.

sent Josh a card, plus I autographed one of my trading cards for him, but a mousedroid painting? That Rocks!!!!!!

Thanks Boba and KH. I was sure only to use the special shiny paint (that smells ) on the lights. ;)

Joshkj
08-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks Boba and KH. I was sure only to use the special shiny paint (that smells ) on the lights. ;)

Darn, you beat me to it, I was making him a mouse droid sculpture!
:p

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Youre still making him it right?? I didnt want to hurt your ego to bad :crazed:

Dark Annie
08-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey Tycho, You Probably Don't Know Me To Well, But I'm Glad Your Getting Better. I Havent Been Around Here For A Few Months So I Never Knew You Were In The Hospital. I Pray That God Grants You A Quick And Complete Recovery. You Are In My Prayers. - God Bless

Exhaust Port
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm a bit late to the thread but I want/need to include my "get well" wishes for Josh. I pray for a speedy recovery!

mastermatt24
08-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Tycho if you're reading this you will get your package tomorrow! :)

RooJay
08-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Geez, I don't know how I missed hearing about this until now, but you'll definitely be in my prayers Tycho. Get well soon buddy.

sith_killer_99
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
WOW, I just got back and heard the news. :cry:

I can't believe it!

T, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. You are needed around here!

I will try to stay up on this, but I am only back for a week before I have to fly out of the country again for a little while. Hopefully I will be back full time after the 2nd of September. I will check back as often as I can!

El Chuxter
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Any update on Josh's condition?

I've not been able to pick up a card yet; is the address you provided a few days back still accurate, JP?

DarthBrandon
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Any update on Josh's condition?

I've not been able to pick up a card yet; is the address you provided a few days back still accurate, JP?

Yes, is there an update? & What is said address?

mastermatt24
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I sure hope so.. :nerv: He should have the pianting by now, if he was still in the same room..

Slicker
08-12-2005, 02:37 PM
What is said address?Here's the address that JP posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if it's still valid but...

Josh Weiselberg
Surgical ICU
4077 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103

Turbowars
08-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I hope we get an update soon. Hang in there Tycho!:thumbsup:

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Working on getting an update for you all. Another friend saw him yesterday and I am trying to get him to give a firsthand update.

:thumbsup:

hango fett
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
man. tycho, get well. even if you don't know me, i have read quiet a few of your posts. my thoughts are with ya.
get well soon!
HF

2-1B
08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Here's the address that JP posted earlier in the thread. Not sure if it's still valid but...

Josh Weiselberg
Surgical ICU
4077 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103

Do you think he would be embarrassed if I sent a big box of porn ? :yes:

Tycho's Nurse :whip:

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
From EUCustomMan:

My Wife and I saw Josh on Thrusday. He is doing a lot better than the first time we saw him. He is awake and moving around in bed a little (not too much though). Arms and legs are working and everything. He is a little fuzzy on the last few weeks (he only remembered a couple of other visitors and didn't know he had already had surgery).

He asked about new toys and whats hitting the stores. Told a few stories to the nurses about our exploits.

I told him about all the forums and websites posting about him and he perked up a little and wanted to know what people were saying (I think he's a little embarrased). I gave him a print out of the 140+ post on the SSG forums, but he's not up to reading right now.

We only got to visit with him for about 15-20 minutes before his bloodpreasure started to rise and they asked us to leave because he was over stimulated. He was a peeved at the nurse. As we were leaving the nurse told him that when his "boold preasure rises it's bad for his brian". His reply was "don't they know I don't have a brain"

I was asked to spread the word that visitors should be limited untill he is out of the ICU because he gets overstimulated. So updates may be few and far between for the next 7 or so days

James/EUCustomMan

Rocketboy
08-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Great to hear he's doing even better!
Thanks you for the update!

Kidhuman
08-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Thats cool. Glad he is doing alot better.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Nice to know he's up to his old figure-hunting ways, at least in some form! :)

Slicker
08-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Ah, good ol' Tyc. Can't wait until he gets back on these forums and it's sounding like it's gonna be fast.

Turbowars
08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
That's cool. Glad to hear he's out of danger for the most part. We are looking forward to your essay posts Tycho.:thumbsup:

mastermatt24
08-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont think its the visitors that are making his blood pressure rise.. its the nurse! :lipsrseal :yes:

darthvyn
08-13-2005, 10:15 PM
As we were leaving the nurse told him that when his "boold preasure rises it's bad for his brian". His reply was "don't they know I don't have a brain"

haha! that's awesome. thanks for the update. does he know we're all wearing our "get well soon tycho" avatars?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I dont think its the visitors that are making his blood pressure rise.. its the nurse! :lipsrseal :yes:
He'll have to learn some Jedi relaxation techniques to keep calm.

Joshkj
08-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok, Ive got from mouse droid scuplture to shirt, with his avatar on front and Mouse droid on back. Anyone got big picks of the 2?

mastermatt24
08-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Lol! what was wrong with the sculpture?? Heres some pics: http://images.google.com/images?q=mouse+droid&num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en-us&sa=N&tab=wi
I found his but its really tiny.. if youre good you can play around with it in photoshop:http://obix1.com/Icons/Tycho_Celchu-OBIX1.jpg :thumbsup:

Joshkj
08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Lol! what was wrong with the sculpture?? Heres some pics: http://images.google.com/images?q=mouse+droid&num=50&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en-us&sa=N&tab=wi
I found his but its really tiny.. if youre good you can play around with it in photoshop:http://obix1.com/Icons/Tycho_Celchu-OBIX1.jpg :thumbsup:

I just need to find a really big one of the avatar, it looks like it came from a comic book.

jedi-cpa
08-16-2005, 02:50 PM
A very good last update.

Sounds good.

Dark Marble
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
It is very good to hear that he is ok!! I have been watching the front page for updates but I hadn't seen anything. He has been in my thoughts.

mastermatt24
08-16-2005, 10:55 PM
I just need to find a really big one of the avatar, it looks like it came from a comic book.
You're still gonna be stuck- comic cells arent that big.

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Any new updates?

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah, when's he get to go home?

Dar' Argol
08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Holy Cow! This was a complete shocker!!! I met Tycho down in Indy with the rest of the SSG crew that showed there . . . Brandy was a blast!!! Meeting Josh for the first time was great and I can vividly remember the look he gave me . . . . you know, the one that conveyed, "Oh my, Dar' really is nuts!!" And of course there was that WONDERFUL woman he invited along with us our last night there . . . . thanx man :rolleyes:.

But to hear that something liek this has happened to him . . . my jaw hit the floor. Despite his ramblings, tangents, weird addictive habits, and lose of sanity, he's a really good guy. I'm elated to hear he is doing well, and trying to hit on the Nurses as well . . . nothing changes Josh! :lipsrseal You better get . . er . . .better soon Josh or I'll have JEDIpartnr come over and visit you . . . . you guys got along soooo well . . . . no, really, they did!

And remember Josh . . . . What Happened in Indy, stays in Indy! BUT what happens in the Hospital while your in your wonderful "gown" WILL get posted all over the net!! :D

Get Better, Get Back!

justkyp
08-21-2005, 03:38 AM
I am a Star Wars collector from the old days and met Josh four or five years ago. As an Australian collector, I was greatly helped by Josh's generous and trusting nature, which extended to collecting figures and shipping them for me and allowing me to stay at his place on two occasions when I was visiting SD from down under. He is, without doubt, one of the best people in collecting that I have ever met, possessing a quick wit and an excellent sense of humour (though sometimes it is groan-worthy!).

I registered on SSG to pass on my thoughts and prayers as I am no longer active in the SW collecting community, but I wanted to let him know that I am stunned and saddened by the news. I will be passing through San Diego in the next few days and hope to visit him or drop off a card and some flowers, though he would probably appreciate Mouse Droids more :).

Josh, you must get better, because you made a faithful promise to visit Australia and see the sights of Australia with me as you showed me the sights of southern California!

Take care my friend and please, recover quickly!
Kristel.

scruffziller
08-22-2005, 02:41 AM
I wonder if they used that new "coiling" technology to help Tycho. Most people are back on their feet in a month with that treatment.

http://www.brainaneurysm.com/aneurysm-treatment.html

sith_killer_99
08-22-2005, 04:47 AM
Any updates?

I had to make a break for it and sneak into an internet cafe. Don't tell my 1SG!

I'm on a field training execrcise half way around the world :upset: ! So my chances of getting updates until I get back are pretty slim. I will try to mail out a get well soon card. :thumbsup:

Take care T, we all miss you around here! :cool:

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates but the nurses are keeping us away from him for a bit but I do have some news to report and hopefully will have more either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Another friend of Josh's from Australia went to see him today and said that he was doing much better and that they were going to move him out of the ICU in the next few days. So that is good news and should allow us more access to Josh.

And yes, he did use the "coiling" technology with Josh but I don't know to much more than that.

I hope to get another update again soon and will keep you all posted.

Darren

mastermatt24
08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates but the nurses are keeping us away from him

HEY! YOU tell them that you KNOW Josh, and they'll let you right in! :yes:

DarthQuack
08-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update Darren.

Dom
08-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Getting moved out of the ICU is a huge step, thats great news.

Soon he will be back in stores in time to witness the horror that is the final 12 (Well 9 the clones are cool) figures of ROTS:laugh:

JEDIpartner
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the update. Please let us know when there are any significant developments... you know-- don't do that cable news thing "he took a sip of water", "he asked for a book", "he blew his nose"... those sorts of reports are annoying... ;)

mastermatt24
08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
you know-- don't do that cable news thing "he took a sip of water", "he asked for a book", "he blew his nose"... those sorts of reports are annoying... ;)
But those are so important! :crazed:

The 'Xir
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
WOW, This sucks!!!!!!

I hadn't been onsite for about 2 months and was totally unaware that any of this had transpired, as a matter of fact one of the last things I did was send Tycho a PM just to see what was up and we talked about how we both were looking forward to the next time we could all get together as we did in Indy. I feel bad 'cause I kept seeing some people with the GWST Avatar but didn't realize why or what it was for/about until just now! Meeting Tycho and the rest of the SSG'ers made my trip out to Indy 10x's more enjoyable, and I truely hope we can all get together again soon, but with even more ssg'ers!
I'm deeply sorry this is comming so late/after the fact, but my thoughts are with you buddy, and I'm glad to hear that things are progressing as well as they sound. Hope your up and about soon, so we can start stalking Orli Shoshan, and Amy Allen :love: like we planned! Maybe we'll add BRAANNNNNDEEEE to the list as well :lipsrseal

For all that have been great in updating us here at SSG, Thank You and keep the reports comming in, Hopefully 'The Man' himself we'll be able to chime in soon. I'm sure the Rancor Pit has been boring in his abscence! ;)

GET WELL SOON TYCHO! :thumbsup:

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Here is an email that I got from someone who recently visited Josh:

Hi Darren,

Unfortunately I was only in town for a day and a half – a quick fly-buy visit as I was here in Indianapolis for business. I was lucky in the time that I went to see Josh – he was in surgery earlier that day having the coil removed. I was let in to see him immediately – no questions asked at all – which was not the welcome I was expecting given my phone call to the hospital yesterday! They told me there was a very short visitors list and his family had requested close friends only.

He was awake the entire visit and seemed remarkably alert! He is struggling with his short term memory – I am not sure he will remember my visit tomorrow – and is keeping a journal and working with a therapist to try to improve his recall. Dawn, his nurse mentioned that he would be moving upstairs to an area where he’d have more freedom to get up and move around. He was looking forward to that – he also asked the doctor what changes it would mean in terms of diet (hamburger, cheeseburger… etc as the basic four food groups) and work. The doctor was careful to avoid mention of how it would affect work but told him his diet wouldn’t be too affected. Josh also gave me an update on Bobby, Carl, his uncle and his grandparents. He was very touched when told of the updates the Star Wars fan community was receiving and laughed at the mention of mouse droids. He insisted on reading my card before I left and apologized for not shaving! I told him he was a scruffy nerfherder…

The visit went well and Josh does seem in high spirits despite his ordeal.

I send more again when I have something.

Darren

mastermatt24
08-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Good news that he is being moved. Thanks for the update.

bobafrett
08-27-2005, 10:45 PM
That sounds good, I only wish it could be faster, but The doctors know best.

Val Da Car
08-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Everytime I pickup a new figure I think of Tycho and if I should get an extra one for him to make sure he is covered!

I am so glad to hear any and all updates that he moves forward about.

Keep up with the updates!!

Thanks and MTFBWY.

DarthQuack
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
He seems to be doing well which is great to hear, and glad that he is being moved to a place where he can get around better.

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-29-2005, 06:33 PM
New update:

While in the process of finding out when they were moving Josh out of the ICU, my friend Dexter received a phonecall from none other than Josh himself!

He is out of the ICU and has been moved to a new hospital (Alvarado). From what Dexter told me, he is moving around and is going to start physical therapy soon.

We are going to go see him tomorrow, so I will post the new hospital info, as well as, any new info after the visit.

bobafrett
08-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Good news! Did he get the mouse droid painting, and the well wishes cards?

Hellboy
08-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Thats great news. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
08-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Wow, at this rate he should be back in no time!

Kidhuman
08-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Great news that he is out of ICU. The road to recovery is well underway.

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Everytime I pickup a new figure I think of Tycho and if I should get an extra one for him to make sure he is covered!

Thanks, but he is very much covered!

The 'Xir
08-30-2005, 12:00 PM
So when do they start The Bacta Tank Treatments?! ;)

I know, propbably done a hundred times already but couldn't resist! :pleased:

mastermatt24
08-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Good news! Did he get the mouse droid painting, and the well wishes cards?
Lol! I keep forgetting to ask him (Disco) if he knows if he has recieved it yet.

Tonysmo
08-31-2005, 05:37 AM
someone needs to dress up his nurse to look like 2-1B :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Awesome idea Smo. That would rock.

DarkArtist
08-31-2005, 11:05 AM
That's great news that he is out of ICU and on the road to recovery. here's hoping he'll be back to posting soon.

Great Better Tycho, these forums need you. :yes:

SirSteve
08-31-2005, 05:23 PM
:thumbsup: Find out when they will give him his cell phone back.

Val Da Car
08-31-2005, 07:11 PM
The Emperor has Spoken!

I always wanted to do that.

DiscoDarkJeedai
08-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone!!!

Just got back from seeing Josh and have to say that he is much, much better than the last time I saw him.

The coil has been removed and he is now sporting a brand spanking new hair cut. Think Lobot with some hair starting to grow back. I can finally say I have more hair than he does. LOL

He is up and about, doing daily walks to regain his strength.

His memory is getting much better as he is remembering more and more each day about who has come to visit him. He still is having a hard time remembering the few weeks after the incident though.

We brightened his day some as we brought some Shocktroopers and Mustafar Sentries for him to open. Although, his favorite toy right now is the Interactive Yoda.

He did get the Mouse Droid picture and says thank you. I actually got to hear the story behind it. It's typical Josh!

He does have a phone in his room and he has been on it like crazy but it is not his cell phone.

His address is:

Alvarado Hospital Medical Center/SDRI
6645 Alvarado Road
Room 202B
San Diego, CA 92120
619-286-7374 (Hospital number)

He goes for an evaluation Sept 6 to determine what else needs to be done for his rehab and when he will be released. Once I hear about that I'll let you know.

He has read some of what is posted here as we printed some of this and gave it to him. He appreciates the prayers and thoughts from everyone and hopes to get back here soon.

So things are getting better for him and he should be back soon debating his "Han Solo is indeed a clone theory". lol

I'm out for now and I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your kinds words.

Tonywankenobi
08-31-2005, 11:41 PM
lol maybe we can send someone in dressed like Oola and give him a lap dance!!! That will get him going! Im happy to hear he is out of the icu. So any female forum readers out there want to dress like Oola? ;)

2-1B
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
So things are getting better for him and he should be back soon debating his "Han Solo is indeed a clone theory". lol

If you see him again soon, please tell him that Caesar requested that the hospital keep that specific part of his brain. :crazed:

Thanks for the report. :)

Lobot hair, eh ? I heard Lobot is the biggest pimp of Cloud City (next to Lando of course).

Kidhuman
09-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info and the update. I agree with Cae, have them keep that part of his brain

Kidhuman
09-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, I called Tycho today before I went to work. I talked with him for about an hour or longer. He says he is doing very well and was looking foward to coming back here. He said he couldnt believe all the support the members of SSG, GH and RS have supported him with their best wishes.

We talked about SW for basically the whole conversation. He was speaking of his collection and how he plans on setting it all up. He was talking quite a bit andit was good to finally hear his voice after 3 years of speaking to him here and on the forums. He is planning on making a return as the Hospital as an internet cafe and posting in the near future.

All in all he said he is doing his rehab and therapy and cant wait to get back to everyday functions. He wants his therapy to be a set up of a SW toy aisle with figs on the pegs. Then have him pick out the clones, if he can do that, its all he needs he said.

Also Msstermatt, he got your picture and loves it.

Slicker
09-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the update KH. This just goes to show that you can't keep a Star Wars collector down. I love the idea of the Star Wars figure aisle for his therapy. That's too much.

El Chuxter
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
That is the funniest mental image I've had in a while. I'm picturing Tycho in a hospital gown, walking through the aisle, with a therapist encouraging him to take only the green Clone Commanders, and the woman from Seinfeld who doesn't swing her arms pushing a cart full of Neiomoidian Warriors in the other direction.

bobafrett
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
KH, did he get my trading card? I look ultra fantastic, and it is a must have for those on the SSG injured reserved list, which Tycho applies for!

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I didnt ask him that specifically, but he said he got a few things so most likely he did

mastermatt24
09-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Also Mastermatt, he got your picture and loves it.
Thanks for the info KH. :D

Tycho
09-04-2005, 03:46 PM
The MOUSE DROID Strikes Back!

I have discovered my hospital's internet access!

I'm back!

Thanks for all your well-wishes, phone calls, the 957 Clone Troopers, and MasterMatt's exciting painting of a Mouse Droid in action. I'll post more and more often as I'm able to.

Slicker
09-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Awesome! Welcome back finally Tycho.

Umbra
09-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Welcome back Tycho ^_^...now you can begin despairing how far behind you are in collecting :-p

Rocketboy
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Holy crap!
Good to see you back!

Turbowars
09-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Welcome back Tycho! Good to see you posting again and that your 1st post wasn't a short story. :twisted: lol

pegger
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
It's AWESOME that you're doing better!! The place wasn't the same without you....looking forward to some new lists!

DarkArtist
09-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Welcome back Tycho, It's great to hear from you again.

Val Da Car
09-04-2005, 06:41 PM
The MOUSE DROID Strikes Back!

I have discovered my hospital's internet access!

I'm back!

Thanks for all your well-wishes, phone calls, the 957 Clone Troopers, and MasterMatt's exciting painting of a Mouse Droid in action. I'll post more and more often as I'm able to.

Did you hack their Internet Access?!?!?....Bad Tycho..Bad!!

;-)

Glad to "hear" from you in the forums.

btw can someone change the smiley face on the top of the forum topic from :-( to ;-}

bobafrett
09-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Good news! I had something to tell you, but I can't remember.......see it also happens in old age!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Josh, good to see you up and on your feet. Your obviously well enough to post, so things must be getting better. Continue to get up to speed and now concentrate your efforts around fixing that hospital gown :ermm:

Reefer Shark
09-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Great to see you posting again Tycho!!! :thumbsup: :D :pleased:

JediTricks
09-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Welcome back Tycho, glad to see you here. Let me know when we can start picking on you again. ;) :D

Hope to see more of your posts soon, especially hearing that you're feeling better and better, till one day you can finally pick up your entire collection with just one hand. :thumbsup:

Tonysmo
09-04-2005, 10:50 PM
*shields eyes*

DUDE! have them fix that gown already!

yeah!! Im glad you got to post! I read my email and saw the update.. clicked on it and.. and.. it was YOU!!

Did my best Napolean - Yessssssssssssssssssssss.

NOW.. everyone go back your drinks! this is Jedi buisness...

darthvyn
09-04-2005, 10:55 PM
welcome back to where you belong, tycho!

Kidhuman
09-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Tycho, glad to see you made your way here. I hope all is better since our last convo. Great to see you back in action on the forums.

Battle Droid
09-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome back Tycho, it's good to see you! :D

mastermatt24
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
HURRAY! YOURE BACK! :crazed: :D

2-1B
09-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Welcome back Tycho, glad to see you here. Let me know when we can start picking on you again. ;) :D

The first post about a False-(insert controversial Pit issue of choice here ) should be just around the corner, so have your red pen at the ready, JT. lol

Glad to hear that your recovery is going well, Tycho, and that is a True-Statement from me. :)

Devo
09-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Fantastic to see your words again Tycho.

This thread needs some kind of musical accompaniment - but I'm not thinking of Star wars music - I'm thinking more of the triumphal return music by James Horner from the end of Apollo 13.

I'll do a Gene Kranz (sp) as played by Ed Harris - perhaps a :thumbsup: will convey it.

bobafrett
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Does this mean you'll be wanting your Avatar back? I will change mine soon, now that you are on the road to recovery!