PDA

View Full Version : Amanaman the bounty hunter!

Thrawn
01-15-2002, 10:24 PM
The bio they give on the Deluxe Amanaman is totally stupid. "scours the galaxy hunting for fugitives..."

What weapon does it use? Has no spot for a holster or anything...I guess it just puts people's eyes out with its giant fingers like the Three Stooges.

And if it did spot a fugitive how is it going to get there? With those giant 2 left feet it would trip all over itself and give the prey tons of time to smack the giant frog in the head and escape...

If they said it was "Jabba's Cook" I could believe it...and the skeleton would be the BBQ for his royal fatness.

Lord Tenebrous
01-15-2002, 10:59 PM
We're talking about a character named Amanaman here. Once a character's name repeats itself, I lose pretty much all hope for them (Jar Jar Binks, anyone?) The only exception is when the first and last part of the name is the same, like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

But back on topic, yes, it's very bad, almost as bad as leaving the Anchorhead Cantina out of Zutton's summary.

Big yellow slug-like creature. Attracted to pain and death. Really bad body odor.

Jayspawn
01-16-2002, 12:04 AM
Well Amanaman does have a stupid bio, but he's an awesome character and an even cooler action figure.

Fulit
01-16-2002, 12:40 AM
The figure is also shorter than I expected him to be. He looks tall in pictures.

yaddle yodas love pu
01-16-2002, 08:53 AM
I was rather dissapointed with Amanaman when I got him last month. The sculpt and paint job are nice, and of course this is a character we have been clamoring for but... what justifies him being a deluxe figure, priced at $4 - $6 more than regular figures? Surely not the crummy re-issue of the same slacious crumb that came with Oola? There are plenty of other figures that were released as regular figures for regular price that are bigger than the new Amanaman. Mechanic Chewie, Darktrooper come to mind. Also I stood my new "deluxe" Amanaman next to my original POTF Amanaman. The 1984 "regular" Amanaman is larger and quite a bit taller than the new "deluxe" Amanaman. THis leads me to beleive that the new Amanaman isnt all that "deluxe". We just had to pay $5 more for a useless re-release of slacious crumb and a card that bears the word "deluxe"

Starfig873
01-16-2002, 11:07 AM
What weapon does he use? Probably those MASSIVE and I would imagine, quite powerful hands! One needs not a blaster to catch someone. Amanin can climb with them arms, I don't see why they couldn't sever someone or something's head from the body. As for walking, chances are they move much like a gorilla on the ground. That or he just places his knuckles on the grounnd and throws his feet over, they can't be all that immovable.

He's deluxe for God knows why, it doesn't matter. I voted for this goober twice, and I'm dern happy to have him.

Lman316
01-16-2002, 11:46 AM
I just got mine today, and I don't have a problem with him other than the "gummy" accessories he comes with (and the fact that he looks like he's wearing lipstick). But other than that, he's a very cool figure.

IG-89
01-16-2002, 12:48 PM
Yeah, you heard right, I'm disappointed in this yellow slug. How do you get him to hold that staff of his without it drooping over? And he comes packed with a crummy Salacious crumb to boot....Ugh!! Alot of hype and praise for nothing...i know alot of ya'll like him so i wonder did i happen to just buy a sucky Amanaman?

On the other hand, Deluxe Leia is pretty awesome....100x better than 'buff, monkey face' POTF2 version. Oh well, since this about the big yellow slugg, i'll stop oogling about Deluxe Leia....

mabudonicus
01-16-2002, 01:10 PM
True, he's over priced. True his bio is totally ridiculous, but the fact is, he's a pretty good representation of the thing in the widescreen version of ROTJ, and the old one didn't come out here.
I like him a lot, and the fact that he's the direct result of fan input (kind of) makes him that much more significant.
Question- is that pic on the back a production still, or what? I know where the bio comes from-you can smell it.

mylow thehutt
01-16-2002, 03:53 PM
:confused: One what does Aman Aman mean.also i would not want to meet this guy in a dark alley,wepon or no wepon.also The moive the preditor he did the same thing, collect skulls.But he had all kinds of stuff to do the job.Ok the bio stinks you happy.

Fulit
01-16-2002, 04:21 PM
He is a pretty scary looking alien. If I saw him "in a dark alley" as mylow put it, he wouldn't need any weapons. One look at that face and I'd probably scream like a little girl and pass out. I mean, look at him! That's one evil mug. I'd be afraid he'd bite me with that weird mouth.

GNT
01-16-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
He is a pretty scary looking alien. If I saw him "in a dark alley" as mylow put it, he wouldn't need any weapons. One look at that face and I'd probably scream like a little girl and pass out. I mean, look at him! That's one evil mug. I'd be afraid he'd bite me with that weird mouth.

If I saw him in a Dark Alley I'd be like "Where did this big giant Mutated banana come from?" then I'd get back into my car and run over him,then he'd be one flat bananna and I'd have yellow/green skin all over the front of my car :(

mabudonicus
01-17-2002, 05:27 PM
He'd probably be easy to light on fire, as well, so as to light up the dark alley and replace the oppressive gloom with warm gentle light. Besides, I'd rather see him in a dark alley than in a lead role in E3!! Seriously, is the picture on the back some version of the figure, or a still? It's really bugging me!! Wooooo!!

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 02:32 AM
If I encountered Amanaman in a dark alley and he rushed me, I'd tie his arms in a bow behind his back and yell "take that bananaman!"

I could accept this guy being an informant or something, but a bounty hunter?!? No way.

Rollo Tomassi
01-18-2002, 08:59 AM
Yeah. Gummy accessories. Another Salacious Crummy (he stays in the package). Amanaman looks like he is permanently avoiding peeing himself with his crossed legs and elf-feet. he doesn't stand up without a pegstand or propping him up on his skinny little staff which then bends at an unnatural angle. I suppose you could use his big knuckled gorilla arms to prop him up, but that look silly, too. This guy looks like the big stupid rubber costume he was in the movie. Grade: C- /D+

evenflow
01-18-2002, 03:03 PM
i am actaully really happen with Amanaman. It may be because I have wanted him redone for so long, but i think he came out well. I do not think he had to be a Deluxe figure, but neither did Maul or Leia. Still, I am happy. :D